PDA

View Full Version : Smartphones on a Date

TatianaSummer
06-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Doesn't matter if I am with a friend, co worker, gf, bf, what ever...
I hate it when they are on their stupid smartphones most f the time!

What do you do when you are hanging out and the person is on their phones chit chatting, texting, twitter 3/4 of the time?
Just ignore it?
Do the same?
Make a joke about it?
Tell them seriously?
Punch them?
Grab their Ass?
Stare at their tits?
?????

bluesoul
06-03-2013, 09:07 AM
i'd probably wake up and go to the bar. if there is no bar, then i'd leave.

TatianaSummer
06-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Personally I wait till they come back to earth and then when they start talking to me I do the same, don't talk back and just start playing with my phone.

runround04
06-03-2013, 09:32 AM
If Im just chillin with friends, I dont care unless we need to get something accomplished. If Im out on a date, hers and mine better stay put away 99% of the time if its a long date, or 100% if its just dinner/drink. If she has kids, I dont mind if she checks to see what the message was, but there better not be conversations going on or she can just go chat with them and Ill go home and jerk off.

I dont trust anyone, so If shes on her phone, its probly another guy and Im wasting my time

danthepoetman
06-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Doesn't matter if I am with a friend, co worker, gf, bf, what ever...
I hate it when they are on their stupid smartphones most f the time!

What do you do when you are hanging out and the person is on their phones chit chatting, texting, twitter 3/4 of the time?
Just ignore it?
Do the same?
Make a joke about it?
Tell them seriously?
Punch them?
Grab their Ass?
Stare at their tits?
?????
First, any guy who does that in your company, Tatiana, must have not his marbles lost, but his balls (please excuse the vulgarity). What kind of guy does that with a beautiful woman like you?
I mean, you are with a friend (with another guy) and you receive a call, you take it, you try to make it snappy, if you need to, you say to the person that you're with a friend at the moment and you cut it off. Chatting is off limits, even with another guy. It's only politeness. But on a date with a woman? I don't know! I'm often baffled by the attitudes of younger generations than mine. To me, diverting your attention from the lady you are with on a date is extremely rude. Nothing else to say there. A guy who does that isn't worth your lovely attention and your charm, ladies...

youngblood61
06-03-2013, 10:30 AM
If I had a date with you Tatiana you would have all my attention. Proper thing to do, silence the phone then enjoy my time with Tatiana hoping I'll get lucky later.:)

FIRSTTIMER
06-03-2013, 10:36 AM
There is never a need to be on the smartphone every second. Facebook and twitter status doesn't change that fast.

Willie Escalade
06-03-2013, 10:45 AM
She told me to tweet that I was with her!

danthepoetman
06-03-2013, 10:53 AM
She told me to tweet that I was with her!

lol!

Prospero
06-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Tell them seriously or make a joke... but if I were on a date with you Tatiana there is NO way I'd be on the phone.
Id either be thunderstruck by the beauty of my companion - or if it were a "professional" hook-up unable to reach my phone.

danthepoetman
06-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Ditto!

dderek123
06-03-2013, 12:25 PM
My gf would do that all the time when we went out for dinner. I'm single now.

TatianaSummer
06-03-2013, 12:44 PM
First, any guy who does that in your company, Tatiana, must have not his marbles lost, but his balls (please excuse the vulgarity). What kind of guy does that with a beautiful woman like you?
I mean, you are with a friend (with another guy) and you receive a call, you take it, you try to make it snappy, if you need to, you say to the person that you're with a friend at the moment and you cut it off. Chatting is off limits, even with another guy. It's only politeness. But on a date with a woman? I don't know! I'm often baffled by the attitudes of younger generations than mine. To me, diverting your attention from the lady you are with on a date is extremely rude. Nothing else to say there. A guy who does that isn't worth your lovely attention and your charm, ladies...

well actually guys never have done that to me, just girl friends, and once a date with a girl friend, well actually two. But what the hell they are always on the phone anyways not only on the date.

If I had a date with you Tatiana you would have all my attention. Proper thing to do, silence the phone then enjoy my time with Tatiana hoping I'll get lucky later.:)

mmm good to know :)

There is never a need to be on the smartphone every second. Facebook and twitter status doesn't change that fast.

actually if you are using tweetcaster you can change the settings to do it real time when you are on wifi and if not you can do it manually which is that every time you touch screen and pull down it refreshes the time line.

Tell them seriously or make a joke... but if I were on a date with you Tatiana there is NO way I'd be on the phone.
Id either be thunderstruck by the beauty of my companion - or if it were a "professional" hook-up unable to reach my phone.

:) oohhhhh that's sweet thanks! so can you now delete the thread that I wanted to delete? LOL just kidding! :dead:

My gf would do that all the time when we went out for dinner. I'm single now.
LOL I don't blame you, I would have done the same!

Rabbiteyes
06-03-2013, 04:02 PM
I sometimes pull it out and look at the time and things (a nervous habit when I'm uncomfortable :P)...but never when they are talking or are there (like when they go to the restroom or something).

No guy would text on his phone on a date with me ~_~ it would be over right way if they were ignoring me. I take a while before I meet with someone in person...so... yea, they would be crazy to be messing with their phone on a date :P

Sulka_bewitched_me
06-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Had a girl do this to me....thought it was disrespectful and gave me the impression she was bored with my company. I made a comment about it and more or less said first and only warning. She did it again on another date and well, let's just say there wasn't another date.

youngblood61
06-03-2013, 05:00 PM
well actually guys never have done that to me, just girl friends, and once a date with a girl friend, well actually two. But what the hell they are always on the phone anyways not only on the date.

mmm good to know :)

actually if you are using tweetcaster you can change the settings to do it real time when you are on wifi and if not you can do it manually which is that every time you touch screen and pull down it refreshes the time line.

:) oohhhhh that's sweet thanks! so can you now delete the thread that I wanted to delete? LOL just kidding! :dead:

LOL I don't blame you, I would have done the same!I'm glad!:salad

Prospero
06-03-2013, 05:07 PM
I saw a couple the other day walking along the street, entwined, both gazing intently at their phones. Maybe they were texting to each other?

my my my!
06-03-2013, 05:11 PM
It's a girl thing , with their little touchscreens and button passwords.

all my male friends have ancient phones and it's always the girls that look like a doofus constantly updating their lame facebook or twitter.

Prospero
06-03-2013, 05:12 PM
That simply isn't true my my my - I know of plenty of guys who play with their smart phones all the time.

Stavros
06-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Not long ago I was in the British Library in London and a student next to me seemed to have developed a routine: read a paragraph: text; receive text reply, read a paragraph. Read another paragraph: text, and so on. I think young people who have grown into connectivity unlike people like me for whom computers are recent things, get withdrawal symptoms if they don't receive at least one text an hour. On this basis, I have given up being annoyed: I took a Filipino Ts friend to the cinema and she must have read and sent at least 5 texts during the show; it is the reason why it is pointless taking such people to an art gallery, museum, the opera or the ballet (which she has expressed a desire for), if you can't focus on something people have put some effort to perform, just stay at home. It is insulting behaviour, but it is now beyond our control.

Prospero
06-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Connectivity has affected attention spans. No doubt about that.

Dino Velvet
06-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Leave the phone in the car if you're out on a date. I'd take it as quite an insult for someone to take a social call at the table while I'm having dinner with her. I'd probably attempt to be subtle at first but if that didn't work I'd ask for the check, settle up, and leave dropping her off home early. She can get back to calling her friends now claiming I was the jerk. Who cares at that point?

my my my!
06-03-2013, 07:08 PM
That simply isn't true my my my - I know of plenty of guys who play with their smart phones all the time.

they do this on dates?

I play with my phone all the time, while waiting for something or alone, but on a date, it's a no-no

Sulka_bewitched_me
06-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Leave the phone in the car if you're out on a date. I'd take it as quite an insult for someone to take a social call at the table while I'm having dinner with her. I'd probably attempt to be subtle at first but if that didn't work I'd ask for the check, settle up, and leave dropping her off home early. She can get back to calling her friends now claiming I was the jerk. Who cares at that point?

Hear! Hear!

TSLoverIB
06-04-2013, 04:38 PM
I agree

FIRSTTIMER
06-05-2013, 09:46 AM
[B]actually if you are using tweetcaster you can change the settings to do it real time when you are on wifi and if not you can do it manually which is that every time you touch screen and pull down it refreshes the time line.

Yes but should it be used during a date?