PDA

View Full Version : All Allanah Starr parties to cease as of 5/13 @ Opaline

AllanahStarrNYC
05-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Hello everyone.

I announce with regret that I am discontinuing all of my currents events @ Opaline. That includes my Tuesday night party Transsexual Tropicana @ Saturday night's Gurlesque Burlesque.

After working together for two years Opaline's unprofessionalism has grown to such extremes that it is no longer tolerable. I am a very tolerant person and value the people who are my staff as family, hence why I have put up with so problems induced by the club in the past which have included last minute switching of floors, unkempt promises, unprofessional behavior, and many circumstances that again I have put up with.

Today however was the LAST straw. I received a call from the club manager @ 2:35 PM that one of the owners instructed him to cancel my party this evening because the club was booked out for another party on all three floors.

It is my conclusion that the owners of Opaline have no respect or consideration for me, my events, or my clientele-hence I cannot continue to promote a party in an environment has no regard for any kind of decency or professionalism.

I deeply regret any inconvenience-and I do hope that we can make out new Thursday night @ Club Vapor a great success.

Thank you so very much. And do be on the look out for new venues and promotions!

xoxo

Allanah

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-14-2006, 02:02 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

last minute phonecall, someone booked all 3 floors?

based on the prior failed bookings I'd have to say this was bullshit

specialk
05-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Allanah...sorry to hear your getting jerked around with the parties at Opaline. I'm sure you'll turn it around soon. And maybe I'll even show up at one someday, good luck Doll!

AllanahStarrNYC
05-14-2006, 02:07 AM
actually, its typical Opaline managerial policy- I'm not surprised one bit.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-14-2006, 02:09 AM
ugh, I washed the car to sit in that cesspool called Manhattan for nothing

ok ideas for tonight people?!?

Bigguy
05-14-2006, 02:21 AM
After all these years at that club you would think they would have more respect for you and the parties. You put up a lot from them, and it seems like they just kept on giving you more disrespect. Hopefully the new club will be a lot more respectful and you will find a great space for your new promotions.

Also I hope you pulling out effects their bottom line and they regret what they have done. You gave them a lot of business.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-14-2006, 02:21 AM
ugh now every hormone injected woman within 5 boros is instant messaging me......................

rock4
05-14-2006, 03:37 AM
Hi
i am a new member. I am in NYC and looking for somewhere to go tonight to meet attractive TGirls. Now that the event is cancelled, does anyone have a suggestion?
Thx
Rock

Foto
05-14-2006, 03:57 AM
actually, its typical Opaline managerial policy- I'm not surprised one bit.

Allanah, I'm sorry to hear this as I know how much of you goes into these events. You been very professional and these mutts don't deserve your attention. Fuck them stoopid! There are tons of Chelsea clubs and more midtown venues. I would love to host a party at my studio but my neighbors would freak. I hope you'll find another joint and would love to help you do that.

Foto
05-14-2006, 04:02 AM
By the way Mods... how come the Posted: date is tomorrow... Sun. May 14th.... oh GMT... is server time? Fuggettit

BeardedOne
05-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Sorry to hear about the bumps in the road for the party venue. I didn't realize you were having grief with them (Though the recent 'police activity' they were drawing was sufficient to look elsewhere).

Hopefully your search for a new venue won't take to long and you'll be back up to speed in no time. :D

stillies77
05-14-2006, 05:21 PM
time to come to philly!!

hwbs
05-14-2006, 05:31 PM
damm i wish i saw this topic b4 i went to nyc, lmao

flabbybody
05-14-2006, 05:48 PM
so we're back to square one. the biggest f--king city in the world with no regular place for the tg world to meet, drink, and do whatever else people do in clubs. The Opaline management should rot in hell for dissing Allanah after years of being a loyal customer. I hope the place goes out of business.
somewhere in Manhattan there's a smart club operator who realizes the profit potential in hosting these functions. The crowd is usually well behaved and problems arise BECAUSE of LE presence, rather than the lack of it.
Hopefully it's this new Thursday place.

stillies77
05-14-2006, 05:50 PM
if you came to philly i guarantee success hehe.

Caleigh
05-14-2006, 09:15 PM
figures that i finally get out of work early, get into
the city to go to one of the nights at Opaline and
it's cancelled. it was such a bummer.

i had popped into Ina's for a while, met this guy
that i had met once before at another party 2 years
ago be both decided to head over to Opaline only
to be told at the door that your (Allanah) night was
cacelled.

we were so bummed. we headed to Escuelita instead.

they are obviously idiots and you can do better
Allanah.

TomSelis
05-16-2006, 01:40 AM
I went to Ina's and Lulu's. There are a couple of other places to go to they just aren't as big or fun. Ina's always has a decent crowd though. Never tried Escuelita though, is it any good?

Caleigh
05-16-2006, 02:36 AM
i had a great time. not alot of TS/TG who aren't
performing in the drag show, but fun crowd. best
part was that i was with cute young guy, but that's
just me.

i don't often go to any of the TG parties. i hadn't
been to Ina's in 2 years. how is Lulu's thing at
Maxies?

GroobySteven
05-17-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm sorry Allanah I tried to behave and pretty much tried to show up undercover last week and though nobody had spotted me ... I guess not...
My apologies.
seanchai

AllanahStarrNYC
05-17-2006, 02:16 AM
yes it was your and your motley crue that ruined it all!

i'm still trying to figure out what exactly a 'pussy party' is though.

houstonshemalefan
05-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Their loss will be another location's gain!

Caleigh
05-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Allanah, did I hear you were going to be doing some print
ads for GUESS ? You make the perfect spokesperson, you
and Buck would be even better. And what about your
reality show? What ever happened to that?
"Trannylicious: The life of A. Starr"

BeardedOne
05-17-2006, 11:08 PM
i'm still trying to figure out what exactly a 'pussy party' is though.

Maybe I can help...

JackHammer
05-20-2006, 11:39 PM
A pussy party...sounds like a lesbian only gig

HungDevil
05-22-2006, 08:49 AM
I was not too found of Opaline to begin with. My only fret is that Thursday is a bad day for me. Hopefully, another Saturday event would be available in the future.

Why would a club cancel a steady party in favor of something sporadic? It is either I am misunderstanding the matter, or the Opaline management has taken the Allanah's parties for granted. I reckon they think that people cannot live without them.

beatmaker
05-23-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't go to the parties often, but I'm actually happy your leaving that location. I would have attended more parties, but I didn't care for the atmosphere surrounding the parties. It seemed like the staff, bouncers and other partygoers, treated Allanah's parties as some sort of P.T Barnum spectacle and it just kills the mood. Towards the end of the night, people from other parties come from behind the curtains with the "Get a load of this shyt" face. I personally prefer a dedicated location, where Allanah is the only party like the former Opaline in the Lower East Side. I loved the layout of that club so much more and there wasn't a million different things happening outside the club either.

Good luck in finding a new spot and please no more 4 parties in one club locations.