PDA

View Full Version : John Hurt as The Doctor!!! :D

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 05:04 AM
OMFG THIS IS AWESOME!!!
:Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown:

danthepoetman
05-19-2013, 05:27 AM
I assume it's a movie, Eva? Forgive my ignorance, but I live on Mars... ;)

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 05:42 AM
Never heard of Doctor Who??? Doubt you are from Mars, because at the speed of light the signal broadcasting Doctor Who would reach Mars in between 4 and 21 minutes. So if you are from Mars, you've probably heard of Doctor Who...but if not, Mars must be the name of your closet of which you never left since 1962 ( 1963 is when Doctor Who first premiered ).
Yeah, I am a fuckin nerd/geek LMAO :) Wuv ya ;)

danthepoetman
05-19-2013, 05:46 AM
Actually, I have! Never watched it, though. OK Eva, I'll take your word for it. Such a geeky beauty can't be wrong: I'll try it... :)

Corran
05-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Wow, after a half season of not so good episodes they finally got it right in the finale. I finally started to care about Clara in this episode. If that's the last we see of River I'm going to be very very upset.
This new Doctor..how was he there? Is he evil? (I thought that would be the 13th, not the 12th Doctor)
Why are they making us wait until November to get answers?

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 05:51 AM
HAHAHA awesome! :D But as a warning to you...if you try it...you may just end up liking it, possibly even loving it!!! ;) hehehehe

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 05:54 AM
because Clara was in the Doctors time line, so she saw all the Doctors, past..present...and future....It is very possible that John Hurt may be the 12th, thats how they presented it, at least as far as all we know...Steven Moffett will always please but in turn he will make you go WTF?!?! LMAO He is such a great writer! :)

danthepoetman
05-19-2013, 06:02 AM
HAHAHA awesome! :D But as a warning to you...if you try it...you may just end up liking it, possibly even loving it!!! ;) hehehehe
I'll think of you every time, lovely Eva, so it will make it even better!
I'm not a great tv fan, but sometimes I like to follow a good show. And I AM a fan of science-fiction. I find it's a genre that allows great, deep themes to be explored.

Corran
05-19-2013, 06:07 AM
because Clara was in the Doctors time line, so she saw all the Doctors, past..present...and future....It is very possible that John Hurt may be the 12th, thats how they presented it, at least as far as all we know...Steven Moffett will always please but in turn he will make you go WTF?!?! LMAO He is such a great writer! :)

Remember tho, she said she hadn't seen that one yet. She didn't know who he was. Whatever the case I don't want Matt Smith regenerating into anyone else just yet.

moonunit7
05-19-2013, 06:13 AM
He would be an awesome Doctor. Imagine being The Doctor and Winston in one lifetime.

"You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world."

danthepoetman
05-19-2013, 06:16 AM
That's it: Moonunit, you spoiled even the alcohol I'm drinking! God! PLEASE!
Here:

Corran
05-19-2013, 06:17 AM
That picture is the most disgusting thing I've seen today..and I've been watching zombie movies all day. :smh

danthepoetman
05-19-2013, 06:19 AM
:iagree:

moonunit7
05-19-2013, 06:20 AM
Don't blame me! I found out about it through this site. I tried to post a gif, but it wouldn't let me. I suppose we should all be thankful for that.

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 06:28 AM
yeah but there are less gross grotesque things to post lol, that was mind blowingly disgusting

moonunit7
05-19-2013, 06:43 AM
There should be a thread here about what's in each of our own Room 101's.

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 06:58 AM
uhhhhhh how about you go make it?!?!?! This thread that I made is for Doctor Who...so lets try not to post "more disturbing then the Saw movies" pictures. :D

BellaBellucci
05-19-2013, 07:00 AM
Who cares? Just bring back Billie Piper! <3

http://shadowsfall.org/mandogandgun/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Billie_Piper.jpg

~BB~

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 07:01 AM
Hehehe she will be in the 50th anniversary :) along with David Tennant, Matt Smith, and John Hurt :D

smoothboi
05-19-2013, 07:22 AM
No, he's not Twelve. Eleven wouldn't be able to see his future incarnations. He's either the Valeyard, mentioned previously in the episode, or an incarnation prior to One.

Corran
05-19-2013, 07:39 AM
No, he's not Twelve. Eleven wouldn't be able to see his future incarnations. He's either the Valeyard, mentioned previously in the episode, or an incarnation prior to One.

Sure he would. The First, Second and Third Doctor all saw their future incarnations in the Five Doctors. The second met the Sixth in the Two Doctors.

smoothboi
05-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Eh. Fair enough, but I just don't think based on the contemporary series that the future concept applies. Just tv wise it would seem to lock them in to a specific future incarnation, whereas if it's a Zeroth Doctor or a lost incarnation between Eight and Nine, then they have more latitude in the storytelling.

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 08:28 AM
honestly, i believe Hurt is 8.5...between McGann and Eccleston. Hurt is the "Doctor" during the "Last Great Time War"...the doctor who commited millions to rot and die...he was the one who locked the Time Lords and the Daleks in the Time Lock Bubble Universe.

So...there maybe A LOT of great things to spring to life in the 50th Anniversary. :D

Corran
05-19-2013, 09:07 AM
honestly, i believe Hurt is 8.5...between McGann and Eccleston. Hurt is the "Doctor" during the "Last Great Time War"...the doctor who commited millions to rot and die...he was the one who locked the Time Lords and the Daleks in the Time Lock Bubble Universe.

So...there maybe A LOT of great things to spring to life in the 50th Anniversary. :D

Yea, we know he is from the past because the 11th knows what he did. Done for peace, but as the 11th said, "Not in the name of the Doctor." We know Tennant is coming back but will it be as 10 or the clone left in the other universe? Since Rose is coming, I'm inclined to believe it's the clone. Here's the but...10 left him with Rose to ground him, to curb those violent impulses. BUT, what if it didn't work out, the clone could be mad as hell he got left on Earth in an alternate universe. We know the Doctor doesen't like to stay in one place too long and being stuck might have made him a little nuts too. Tennant as a bad guy? Maybe.
Anyway, I'm all excited for the 50th. Bring it on!!

jerseygirlangie
05-19-2013, 12:55 PM
It certainly sounded like Hurt was the person the Doctor was, before he became "The Doctor" - the zeroth Doctor, as it were .
Amazing how they were able to keep this secret until the big reveal !

MacShreach
05-19-2013, 01:24 PM
OMFG THIS IS AWESOME!!!
:Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown: :Bowdown:
Wow that will be awesome! He'll make a brilliant Doctor! Thanks Eva, luvs ya!

Gillian
05-19-2013, 01:52 PM
I pleased to hear you guys over there like (and get) Doctor Who. I didn't realise it had such international appeal. I watched it from behind the couch as a kid in the 70s and mostly remember the Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker eras. Still get a cold sweat when I think about episodes involving giant, irradiated maggots down a Welsh mine.

A bit too old for it now but agree that Steven Moffat is a genius ...

supersharpshooter
05-19-2013, 02:13 PM
In the BBC tv series and the BBC film there have been 11 doctors so far, including Matt Smith.
If you take into account the films with Peter Cushing and the BBC audio series with Richard E Grant then that makes 14 doctors.
So Hurt can't be the 11th Doctor.
There is no reason to think that Hurt couldn't be a previous incarnation of Doctor Who, one who existed before Hartnell.
Hartnell was never referred to as the first doctor in any of the series so it is quite possible that although Matt Smith is the 11th/12th/joint 13th doctor in the BBC series, he may not be the 11th/12th/joint 13th Doctor in his regeneration.

Steven Moffat is a poor series producer and not a great writer, he comes up with ideas which, although seem good, quickly run out of steam. He obviously doesn't think what the ending is until during the writing of an episode. Which is never a good idea.
His episodes are lazy, with too much emphasis on the Doctors companions but he does not give them enough depth, or make them interesting enough for them to be cared about.

If Moffat has to resort to a story concerning the time war then Doctor Who will really be running out of steam.

Its far more likely the explanation of John Hurt's character will be lazy and disappointing.

I should add at this point, I think Doctor Who is crap.

SpoogeMonkey
05-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Why do you watch it? Its silly great stuff with storylines no more complex than i used to act out with my star wars figures when i was 6

.....,, or when i was 36, i cant remember

One of the two.....

Maybe that makes me a gayer

Corran
05-19-2013, 04:41 PM
In the BBC tv series and the BBC film there have been 11 doctors so far, including Matt Smith.
If you take into account the films with Peter Cushing and the BBC audio series with Richard E Grant then that makes 14 doctors.
There is no reason to think that Hurt couldn't be a previous incarnation of Doctor Who, one who existed before Hartnell.
Hartnell was never referred to as the first doctor in any of the series so it is quite possible that although Matt Smith is the 11th/12th/joint 13th doctor in the BBC series, he may not be the 11th/12th/joint 13th Doctor in his regeneration.

Steven Moffat is a poor series producer and not a great writer, he comes up with ideas which, although seem good, quickly run out of steam. He obviously doesn't think what the ending is until during the writing of an episode. Which is never a good idea.
His episodes are lazy, with too much emphasis on the Doctors companions but he does not give them enough depth, or make them interesting enough for them to be cared about.

If Moffat has to resort to a story concerning the time war then Doctor Who will really be running out of steam.

Its far more likely the explanation of John Hurt's character will be lazy and disappointing.

Then why post something negative in a discussion where we're talking positively about the show. If you're not a fan, that's fine. Just no need to mention it here.

MacShreach
05-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Then why post something negative in a discussion where we're talking positively about the show. If you're not a fan, that's fine. Just no need to mention it here.
He should have stated his viewpoint up front, that's all of 30 secs of my life I'll never get back

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 06:56 PM

Doctor Who is crap???

So tell me, how is it the longest running show in the world?!?!? ;)

50 years of Doctor Who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Suck my Doctor Who loving ass!

The Time War is really the only "plot hole" left to fill, doesn't mean that they are running out of stories, just that its time ( pun intended lol ) to tell the story of the Time War ( without just some short irritable soliloquy from the Doctor ) ( all will be revealed!!! ) ...with more stories after no doubt.

othello
05-19-2013, 07:15 PM
i love doctor who i have watched it since i was a kid.John Hurt is supposed to be the real 9th doctor who stopped the time war.I guess he is suppose to be a regeneration that the other doctors have forgotten about.

As for plot holes i think there are 2 left.One being the time war.It would be awesome that they do a spin off series with hurt playing the docotor during the time war.

the second plot hole is what is the doctors real name.Maybe not his name but what or who he is.During the 7 th doctors run he told davros that he was much more than a mear timelord.if they wouldnt of cancelled docotor who back in the late 80's they would of explored what he meant.For me i like to think of him as the other.

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 07:18 PM
well i believe that the 2 holes you mentioned, they are soon taking care of it. :D

MacShreach
05-19-2013, 07:20 PM
well i believe that the 2 holes you mentioned, they are soon taking care of it. :D
Yeah I like doing that too

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 07:22 PM
what...filling holes?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA me too :D

Prospero
05-19-2013, 07:23 PM
John Hurt has always been terrific. The BBC in London have just been re-showing a series he was in many years ago "I, Claudius" in which he stole the show as the mad Emperor, Caligula.

Caligula&#39;s dance "I Claudius Best Moments" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tebTGIddPDk)

I, Claudius- Caligula speech - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfgDPLkMg-w)

He first really made his mark when he played Quentin Crisp and I saw him recently in Lars Von Trier's haunting film "Melancholia"

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Nice!!!! :)

smoothboi
05-19-2013, 09:02 PM
A "Doctor Zero" is more interesting to me than an 8.5. Nine and Ten already took ownership of the Doctor's actions during the time war already, so I don't know that an 8.5 adds anything new. A Doctor Zero gives more latitude in the storytelling imo.

danifan
05-19-2013, 10:07 PM
I;m not a Whovian but grew up watching Dr Who in the 70s whenever I could (my parents hated it so wasn't always possible) but wikipedia states that there was some speculation that Hartnell may not be the first Doctor but certain episodes do clearly state he is. Sylvestor McCoy's stuff (the later seasons that I managed tio catch) implied perhaps a magical/avataric/elemental role for the Doctor but that was never really followed up on.

I've been a fan of New Who and found Moffat's stuff far less juvenile than RTD's and though I was loather to admit, I think Smith is a better Doctor than Tennant (my fave at that pont) and has had far more likable and interesting companions.

Most speculation indicate John Hurt is the true 9th Doctor but did stuff so bad, he was cut off from the main Doctor's persona when he rgenerated...obvious links hint that his sins involve the genocide of his race and the Daleks in the Time War, as well as other unknown crimes and that when he regenerated into Ecclestone, his sins were left with his past self (who is now not allowed to call himself the Doctor).

From wikipedia again, there's the possibility the Hurt Doctor could tie into the Valeyard. More will be made clear in the November special with Tennant again (Ecclestone declined the offer to return, and I ssume it will be the post-Hurt Doctors dealing with the fallout of whtever Hurt did..)

ca't wait for November 23rd!

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Agreed, that is my speculation too. that Hurt is the true 9th...the "fallen"...moreover, I take that speculation over the Valeyard, because the Doctor specifically identified him to have done something horrible ( i.e. Time Lock among being a hardened warrior ). That's why he reconciled and re-birthed the name The Doctor to "fix"/"mend" his previous "mistakes". Eccleston and on, decided this, so that he could try to balance his nature to become a better person, because he knows he is better than "that" ( meaning the fallen )

danifan
05-19-2013, 10:31 PM
This could also explain the haunted nature of Ecclestone and Tennant's Doctors: they were haunted not just by the horrors of war and sacrificing the Time Lords to defeat the Daleks but by the guilt and shame of what they had to do as Hurt...the end of the finale hints that the post-Hurt Doctors understand what he did ("I had no choice, what I did I did for peace and sanity", "I know...but not in the name of the Doctor") but can't accept it. Perhaps reconciliation may bring Hurt in as an official Doctor (as Smith is now the twelfth incarnation but still the eleventh doctor as Hurt became something else...)

smoothboi
05-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Eh, but Nine and Ten already admitted to eliminating the daleks and sealing away the Time Lords, and all the ptsd that came after. I don't see now how an 8.5 adds anything new. I'm just personally over the Time War and want it to be something different. It's not much of a 50th anniversary celebration if it's only focused on 8.5-Eleven.

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 11:07 PM
then don't watch it hahaha....but a finely wrote story of the Time War in TV form should be promising. As of yet, we don't see much of Gallifrey and the Time War and Davros/Skaro/Dalek origin...so i believe they can make it into a great story with great epic battle scenes from the Time War, seeing the Eye of Harmony, the Death Lands, Rassilon gain power, the Dark Times, Fall of Arcadia, the Skaro Degradations, the Horde of Travesties, the Nightmare Child, the Could-Have-Been King with his army of Meanwhiles and Never-Weres" constituting particularly disturbing developments. :D

Ben
05-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Music is too cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SufMXNzhBRY

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Ohhh...the 80's hahaha

Ben
05-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Ohhh...the 80's hahaha

Eva, all themes from the 80s were, well, cool.... Knight Rider, Dr. Who... Dukes of Hazzard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6fSEf6tnG4

Doctor Who - Full Length 1987-89 Theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3AdLkc-s_4

And them Daisy Dukes... Catherine Bach and Jessica Simpson... yee-haw -- ha, ha! :)

smoothboi
05-19-2013, 11:30 PM
I just don't think see what happened during the Time War would live up to how it's been mentioned so far. It seems way too "big." I'm highly doubtful they would put that together as a whole, but could show some flashbacks here and there. I like the idea of Zero better. I just think it's a little short sighted to have the 50th anniversary and focus only on this era of Who. Though it would be nice to see Eight again.

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 11:31 PM
true, just being reminiscent...but i don't like Jessica Simpson nor her version of Daisy, or any role she plays in...she is poop in my book :D

EvaCassini
05-19-2013, 11:39 PM
ok but.......the whole Doctor Zero thing is anonymous.There is really nothing we can do to make a story except make something up really.

smoothboi
05-20-2013, 12:04 AM
I know, that was my point. Why not make something up completely new that possibly enriches the entire 11 incarnations? Constantly going back to the time war eventually will run up against diminishing returns.

Either way, I'm glad they cast a good actor for whatever they do.

EvaCassini
05-20-2013, 12:08 AM
yeah but they can easily do that after this 50th...there are so many things that can make new stories about the Doctor and that universe. which can make for more episodes, series, and doctor regens.

francisfkudrow
05-20-2013, 04:38 AM
BBC audio series with Richard E Grant then that makes 14 doctors.

Wow, that guy has played both the Doctor and an archnemesis of the Doctor.

sukumvit boy
05-20-2013, 05:02 AM
Great series.

EvaCassini
05-20-2013, 06:41 AM
I took the liberty of revising the pic you posted hahaha :p

Ecstatic
05-20-2013, 06:47 AM
John Hurt as the Doctor (whether 0, 8, 8.5, or 12) has huge potential, no doubt. While I'm rather fascinated by the concept of a Zeroeth Doctor (not least of which is the never really explained relationship of "grandfather" and "granddaughter" in Hartnell's era), I'm more inclined to Doctor 8. Why not 8.5? Because I ardently refuse to accept the butchered presentation of the Doctor in the sole McGann TV movie (no fault of McGann's, only of a poorly conceived and non-canon storyline--the Doctor is not half-human as that movie claimed, for one), and that aside, simply because the 8th Doctor was only seen once, and never seen to regenerate. That opens huge swirling vortices of timey-whimey stuff to unravel, which of course includes the Time War.

Filling out the character of Eight with Hurt in the role would clarify so much! It needs to be carefully written (Neil Gaiman rather that Steve Moffat), but it could be amazing. Consider the circumstances from a marketing perspective: Doctor Who ran uninterrupted from 1963 to 1989 and was cancelled. There was little hope of a revival, and the ill-conceived McGann movie seemed to further doom DW than revitalize it. But in 2005, with Eccleston's Doctor for one season, it came back. That's a gap of 16 years since McCoy's Doctor departed, and sensibly enough the BBC and Moffat have focused on the latter day Doctors, only briefly referencing the first seven if at all. But this past season (which has been uneven at best, and while she's likeable enough, Jenna-Louise Coleman falls well short of Karen Gillan) with the 50th anniversary coming up, there have been more references to the earlier Doctors. So it's time to really bring everything around.

Side note: my favorite current Doctor Who gripe: dude should be about twice as old as he claims. Baker's Doctor was over 750, so do the math, Smith's Doctor should be upwards of 2000 or more.

Ben
05-20-2013, 06:49 AM
true, just being reminiscent...but i don't like Jessica Simpson nor her version of Daisy, or any role she plays in...she is poop in my book :D

Ha ha! :) Jessica is a poop -- ha ha ha! She, obviously, isn't a great actress. It was and is more her looks.
But attraction, physical attraction, is subjective.

EvaCassini
05-20-2013, 07:28 AM
attraction is subjective, you are right...but just because some one is mega pretty...knowing that they have smarts and initiative and humor ( all around great personality ) make a person have more...and I mean A LOT more appeal.

Beauty is only skin deep, being stupid is thick! LMAO ;)

finultimo
05-20-2013, 07:39 AM
John Hurt as the Doctor 8.5

g@meb0y
05-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Oh my god I am already anxiously awaiting November 23rd and the episode aired yesterday. From what I have read, John Hurt is either a Future doctor, or the true 9th Doctor, the one responsible for the genocide of the Time Lords. What he says "what I did I did for peace and sanity," would seem to lend itself to that. What I've also heard that really has me exicted is that Matt Smith will be teaming up with David Tennant and Rose Tyler to stop John Hurt. Whatever happens, I just want it to happen already. Maybe I'll try and make a TARDIS so I can go to the future and watch it. Also, what the hell did River mean when she said "Spoilers?" So many fucking questions.

EvaCassini
05-20-2013, 08:22 AM
all i can say to that is...... Thanks Moffett, for putting my brain through a meat grinder again! LMAO

rt_saurus
05-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Some have pointed out that Hurt appears to be wearing an Eccleston style leather jacket during the filming for the 50th, so it would be reasonable to assume he occurs just before the 9th Dr.

Prospero
05-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Is the assumption that when the series returns John Hurt will be the new doctor? The narrative of the series has been so utterly incomprehensible for quite some time now that anything is possible.

Personally I'd like to see Bert or Ernie from Sesame Street as the new doctor.

danifan
05-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Ecstatic, while I personally would have no prob with Hurt being an older McGann, McGann's Doctor has been glimpsed numerous times in the new Who episodes and Clara said he saw all the Doctors except Hurt (hmm, future incarnations?) so I doubt Hurt will be McGann as Clara would have seen him age at various points along the Doctor's timeline.

Howevere, there have been rumours of a sequence featuring McGann regenerating into Hurt but this could be false...or turning up in November. I'd personally like to see McGann back for at least one episode just to make him more than a once-off Doctor. Incidentally, regarding Hurt wearing Ecclestone's jacket: McGann does audio Who books and now sports a look very close to Ecclestone's, uncluding that kleather jacket...

Prospero
05-20-2013, 04:34 PM
How about a female doctor... or dare i say it a transsexual. it's about time....

francisfkudrow
05-20-2013, 05:14 PM
How about a female doctor... or dare i say it a transsexual. it's about time....

There was rumor at one time about Joanna Lumley being the Doctor. She's a female that could pass for a transsexual.

EvaCassini
05-20-2013, 07:39 PM
If you are a Whovian, as well as a Rowan Atkinson fan, Hugh Grant fan and/or a fan of Jonathan Pryce and Joanna Lumley. Then you'll love this! Forgive the length but well worth watching! ;) I wouldn't steer you wrong ;)

Rowan Atkinson is Doctor Who - Classic Comic Relief - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM)

Ecstatic
05-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Ecstatic, while I personally would have no prob with Hurt being an older McGann, McGann's Doctor has been glimpsed numerous times in the new Who episodes and Clara said he saw all the Doctors except Hurt (hmm, future incarnations?) so I doubt Hurt will be McGann as Clara would have seen him age at various points along the Doctor's timeline.

The Doctor is (according to the current storyline, which I dispute) around 1200 years old. Given such a vast lifetime (and which in fact is probably at least 1000 short of the mark), there is no way Clara could've seen him at all points along his timeline (to do so would take about 1200 years--think about it). So it is entirely possible that, while she glimpsed the Doctor during each prior incarnation, she completely missed huge spans of his life.

Howevere, there have been rumours of a sequence featuring McGann regenerating into Hurt but this could be false...or turning up in November. I'd personally like to see McGann back for at least one episode just to make him more than a once-off Doctor. Incidentally, regarding Hurt wearing Ecclestone's jacket: McGann does audio Who books and now sports a look very close to Ecclestone's, uncluding that kleather jacket...

Yes, something needs to be done to make McGann more than a once-off Doctor, and this is the perfect setup, leading into the Eccleston and Tennant eras (and along the way helping to explain Nine's shorter time as the Doctor, though in reality that was simply because Eccleston didn't want to pursue the role). The Time War is far and away the biggest gap in Time Lord lore, and Eight by far the most minimal and least canonical of the Doctors. Otherwise, McGann's Doctor should be no more canonical than Peter Cushing's (excepting the regeneration scene with Sylvester McCoy).

smoothboi
05-21-2013, 12:40 AM
I'd be very happy to see more of Eight.

I don't think the time war is the biggest gap since we don't know how long the Doctor lived prior to taking the tardis and leaving in the first place.

Ecstatic
05-21-2013, 01:56 AM
I'd be very happy to see more of Eight.

I don't think the time war is the biggest gap since we don't know how long the Doctor lived prior to taking the tardis and leaving in the first place.

Allow me to amend that to "the biggest gap in the established chronicles." And by biggest, I mean most significant. There are many others, from what became of Romana to what transpired on the planet of the Seveteem before he met Leela, with the mountain shaped in his image (The Face of Evil) and the computer program based on his intelligence. And many, many more. But the Time War stands out, especially in the new era.

As for his early years, while virtually nothing is known for certain (was Susan Foreman actually his granddaughter? Then what of his wife/partner and his own child(ren)?), Romana once noted, when the Doctor was 759 years old, he had been travelling in the TARDIS for 523 years, which would have made him 236 when he stole the TARDISand left Gallifrey.

smoothboi
05-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Fair enough.

I'm just personally over the time war. Also, it was a RTD invention, not Moffat, so I'm speculating he may be up to something different. I think it would be a shame if they do revisit it and not show Eight at all.

Corran
05-21-2013, 05:04 PM
I would love to SEE the Time War because all we've ever done is hear about it. What happened to Romana? Susan?

Ecstatic
05-23-2013, 11:05 PM
If you are a Whovian, as well as a Rowan Atkinson fan, Hugh Grant fan and/or a fan of Jonathan Pryce and Joanna Lumley. Then you'll love this! Forgive the length but well worth watching! ;) I wouldn't steer you wrong ;)

Rowan Atkinson is Doctor Who - Classic Comic Relief - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM)

Eva, I finally found the time (had to travel back in time 20 minutes to do it) and watched this clip. Absolutely brilliant! In terms of Whovian ephemera, I put this up with the classic Peter Davidson Doctor meets David Tennant Doctor.

EvaCassini
05-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Eva, I finally found the time (had to travel back in time 20 minutes to do it) and watched this clip. Absolutely brilliant! In terms of Whovian ephemera, I put this up with the classic Peter Davidson Doctor meets David Tennant Doctor.

HAHAHA nice! I love it. "They're Dalek bumps! Not Breasts!" LMAO

Ecstatic
05-24-2013, 01:32 AM
The regeneration to a female Doctor (which took much longer, interestingly) was the Transwhovian event I've been waiting for! LOL

EvaCassini
05-24-2013, 03:02 AM
HAHAHA it was , err very interesting to see, not to mention fun and funny :)

francisfkudrow
05-24-2013, 07:21 AM

"My revenge will be all the sweeter. It will be a deadly vengeance! It will be the deadly vengeance of deadly revenge!" LOL