PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2013

tsadriana
05-14-2013, 12:03 AM
I know maybe its not everyone cup of tea.Iwacthed every year and this year looks quite interesteng....For United Kingdom it will be represented by Bonnie Tyler and i wish her the best of luck....Guys what do you think about songs and votes....I incline to belleve that even on this competition the votes are more political .Whats your opinion?

tsadriana
05-14-2013, 12:05 AM
In UK :
1st Semi-Final - Tuesday 14th May 2013 , BBC Three
2nd Semi-Final - Thursday 16th May 2013, BBC Three
Grand Final - Saturday 18th May 2013, BBC One / BBC One HD

tsadriana
05-14-2013, 12:10 AM
United Kingdom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqXk_FRw62Q
iRELAND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nsKDSOOORQ

tsadriana
05-14-2013, 12:12 AM
FRANCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfwa2A_aV5U
sWEDEN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWCzWd0G4YY

tsadriana
05-14-2013, 12:15 AM
ITALY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2C-ePvHfAs
gERMANY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulIvl1AJ160

rodinuk
05-14-2013, 03:27 AM
I'm a big fan!

There is indeed strategic/political voting but it's diluted in the overall voting.

I haven't listened to any of the songs yet so retain an open mind..roll on tonight!

Stavros
05-14-2013, 09:53 AM
This has ceased to be a competition about songs, and has become a political festival of back-slapping: Greece votes for Cyprus, Cyprus votes for Greece, the Slavs vote for the Slavs and so on. I think the UK should pull put of it altogether.

Sulka_bewitched_me
05-14-2013, 11:57 AM
C'mon ABBA...............

ImpulZ
05-14-2013, 12:25 PM
HOLLAND

well count us out,i found it a terrible song!....

Anouk - Birds - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evv2SXOOWWk)

irvin66
05-14-2013, 01:37 PM
No, I'am not a fan. :wiggle:

Prospero
05-14-2013, 02:04 PM
This has ceased to be a competition about songs, and has become a political festival of back-slapping: Greece votes for Cyprus, Cyprus votes for Greece, the Slavs vote for the Slavs and so on. I think the UK should pull put of it altogether.

Was it ever anything else? or at least it has been so for 15 or 20 years. I shan't watch. When Wogan presented he did a good job in making fun of the entire thing. I'm not sure who does it now.

As for the "music" Has there ever been a good winner? I covered the event for a newspaper the year Abba won with "Waterloo." That is about as good a song as anything that has won - and it's dire.

Adriana - for a while I thought you had the entire thread to yourself.

tsadriana
05-14-2013, 09:45 PM
HOLLAND

well count us out,i found it a terrible song!....

Anouk - Birds - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evv2SXOOWWk)
Agreed with you ...It wont gonna reach the final,it reminds me of the UK song last year...:mad:

rodinuk
05-14-2013, 10:20 PM
... I think the UK should pull put of it altogether.
I think taking away the choice of the song/singer from a public contest was a bad move and Pete Waterman rubbishing his own song's chances just before the contest was a really cuntish thing to do to the young lad having to perform it.

I shan't watch.
Don't worry - with viewing figures of 7.5 million for the final last year Adriana and I won't be alone.

When Wogan presented he did a good job in making fun of the entire thing. I'm not sure who does it now.
Graham Norton does it now for the final. Wogan was just a disinterested onlooker sounding like a confused parent unable to understand his teenage children but lining his pockets in the process

As for the "music" Has there ever been a good winner? I covered the event for a newspaper the year Abba won with "Waterloo." That is about as good a song as anything that has won - and it's dire.
Philistine

fuzzunoisedk
05-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Only Teardrops - song from Denmarkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k59E7T0H-Us

and the one that was abit better but did not win - Danish singer Simone with Stay Awake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ltTTTCev4

rodinuk
05-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Agreed with you ...It wont gonna reach the final,it reminds me of the UK song last year...:mad:

It just did reach the Final!

I think it sounds better the more you hear it, especially with lager :cheers:

tsadriana
05-14-2013, 11:02 PM
It just did reach the Final!

I think it sounds better the more you hear it, especially with lager :cheers:
Actualy she qualifyed for the final so it wasnt that bad.FOR the first time in Eurovision the Yougoslavian countrys dint qualifyed ....:mad:

Prospero
05-15-2013, 12:33 AM
I might be a philistine but at least I got to meet the lovely Agnetha Faltskog

Stavros
05-15-2013, 02:17 AM
Am I right in thinking that the girl carried on stage by some 8 foot giant was not wearing anything under her tight white dress? Can't tell if she was singing either.

FruitTree
05-15-2013, 03:14 AM
The choir version of Euphoria was one of the greatest things I've ever heard, perfectly done

I've always been quite interested in what Americans or other non europeans think of Eurovision, I love it but it must be even more ridiculous than normal to someone who doesn't know anything about it

ImpulZ
05-15-2013, 12:12 PM

well unbelievable at it is,we made the finals :claps

tsadriana
05-15-2013, 12:14 PM
well unbelievable at it is,we made the finals :claps
Congratulations

JenniferParisHusband
05-16-2013, 08:11 AM
The choir version of Euphoria was one of the greatest things I've ever heard, perfectly done

I've always been quite interested in what Americans or other non europeans think of Eurovision, I love it but it must be even more ridiculous than normal to someone who doesn't know anything about it

As an American, I've never fully understood how the Eurovision contest works, only that it exists and some of the songs are strange. Mostly from the former Soviet Block countries as I remember them. That said, based on what I know of it. It seems pretty interesting and fun to me. Of course, I watch a lot of European TV, and am barely first gen American myself with some very British tendencies. Nothing like the rednecks I'm surrounded by now, in Ohio.

The only two songs I really remember are the Abba song from way back when, and the Salvation Army band from a more recent contest.

Part of me wishes there was a North American one, but really, there aren't enough countries, and there's only so much Mexican accordian music I can take without wanting to shoot myself, and I lived in LA where I was used to it.

tsadriana
05-17-2013, 10:21 AM
The second semifinal last night was better then the first one.....Bonnie Tyler good luck...Im sure she will be in a good place.....

LexusFire
05-17-2013, 11:54 AM
One more day until i get the popcorn out!
I love watching this, i cringe, i cry (with laughter), i switch channel...
But you just gotta love 'nil point'!

tsadriana
05-17-2013, 11:59 AM
One more day until i get the popcorn out!
I love watching this, i cringe, i cry (with laughter), i switch channel...
But you just gotta love 'nil point'!
Thats my fav part of the show "Nil points":mad::mad:

LexusFire
05-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Hahahahahahaha!!!
We'll be watching it together then!!!
You have to do it in the customary French accent!
Might have to start making bets... :)

tsadriana
05-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Hahahahahahaha!!!
We'll be watching it together then!!!
You have to do it in the customary French accent!
Might have to start making bets... :)
hahahahah,already my weekend its planned...i have few friends who will come to watch at my place...we love the nill points and a glass of wine.:mad:

LexusFire
05-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Ditto!
Cannot wait :)

rodinuk
05-17-2013, 01:04 PM
The second semifinal last night was better then the first one.....Bonnie Tyler good luck...Im sure she will be in a good place.....

No way was it better IMHO in terms of the music but the visual spectacle yeah it was pure Eurovision!

You never know what to expect!!

There was also a fun programme on the BBC on Wednesday called 'How to win Eurovision' where the two presenters (one addict e.g. me and one non-believer e.g. Prospero!) presented clips illustrating some of the dire things that Europe's done to music and the visual arts in the hope of winning the contest. Catch it on iPlayer!

tsadriana
05-17-2013, 01:14 PM
No way was it better IMHO in terms of the music but the visual spectacle yeah it was pure Eurovision!

You never know what to expect!!

There was also a fun programme on the BBC on Wednesday called 'How to win Eurovision' where the two presenters (one addict e.g. me and one non-believer e.g. Prospero!) presented clips illustrating some of the dire things that Europe's done to music and the visual arts in the hope of winning the contest. Catch it on iPlayer!
I love the presenters from BBC three they have made the both semi finals much fun for me....
I think Bonnie Tyler will end in the top 15 for sure...Like i said most people knows who is Bonnie Tyler and she was so friendly so fun there which is good ...The one from the last year end up on the last place not because of the political diffrence ,its because he was behaving like he was Michael Jackson.

Stavros
05-17-2013, 02:43 PM
I read somewhere or heard on the radio a comment that bookies in the UK won't take bets on any British act winning -even the Rolling Stones would be a waste of money; the UK contributes a lot to the competition financially, but is unlikely to be a winner for years to come, if ever. This year's politics is shaped by themes of rejection and longing, and money -it is therefore assumed people will vote for the German entry if they want money; vote for Greece if they want sympathy, fr anyone brave enough to love a Balkan, and vote for Denmark if they just don't care. I don't think the 'music' has anything to do with it.

Prospero
05-17-2013, 03:14 PM
I read somewhere or heard on the radio a comment that bookies in the UK won't take bets on any British act winning -even the Rolling Stones would be a waste of money; the UK contributes a lot to the competition financially, but is unlikely to be a winner for years to come, if ever. This year's politics is shaped by themes of rejection and longing, and money -it is therefore assumed people will vote for the German entry if they want money; vote for Greece if they want sympathy, fr anyone brave enough to love a Balkan, and vote for Denmark if they just don't care. I don't think the 'music' has anything to do with it.:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

tsadriana
05-17-2013, 03:23 PM
I read somewhere or heard on the radio a comment that bookies in the UK won't take bets on any British act winning -even the Rolling Stones would be a waste of money; the UK contributes a lot to the competition financially, but is unlikely to be a winner for years to come, if ever. This year's politics is shaped by themes of rejection and longing, and money -it is therefore assumed people will vote for the German entry if they want money; vote for Greece if they want sympathy, fr anyone brave enough to love a Balkan, and vote for Denmark if they just don't care. I don't think the 'music' has anything to do with it.
If UK will allow the public to choose the song for Eurovision it would be maybe better....But most countrys have their own competition in their own country and from there they choose the finalist for Eurovision.

rodinuk
05-17-2013, 11:36 PM

Exactly :)

I love the presenters from BBC three they have made the both semi finals much fun for me....

Agreed :)

rodinuk
05-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Tonight's the night!

Scoresheet + snacks + beers :dancing:

Enjoy!
:cheers:

SpoogeMonkey
05-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Lol... It's always been a political backslapping exercise, that's what makes it fun. It's just a big fun event and those who take it over seriously become part of the show...

Watch, enjoy and back a nation to win.

fuzzunoisedk
05-19-2013, 01:40 AM
And We won here in Denmark....Thats the spirit....Only Teardrops =)

tsadriana
05-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Good for Danemark but SOMETING U WILL HEAR EVERY YEAR AND IN EVERY CLUB.It wasnt nothing spectacular about the song and the worst Eurovision ever...For the first time i will say that the Eurovision this year it was all settup..It was still 9 countrys more to go to anounce the rezults and the Sweden host already presented the winner...Sorry no ofence to Danemark but like i said an average song for teenagers who goes every weekend in the club ,congratulations to your country ,but in my opinion its not the song who dezerved to win this year ....My vote was going to Grrece someting unsual about that song ,someting fun about that song ,but i wasnt thinking to vote for Greece because if we did we was ending again in recession next year just because they was spending alot of money for Eurovision.oNCE AGAIN CONGRATULATION TO YOUR WINNER BUT WASNT THE BEST SONG...SONG LIKE THAT I HEAR AND LISTEN EVERY YEAR ON THE TV AND RADIO.NOTHING UNSUAL OR SPECIAL ABOUT THE SONG...a TEENAGER SONG AND NOTHING MORE.

tsadriana
05-19-2013, 07:31 AM
I hope Italy it will not compete anymore and i hope united kingdom to...last year it was Sweden,this year Danemark and guess what ?next year fucking Norway and that it will proove you that its not the song who was voted its fucking political and i hope alot of countrys will get out of this shit song contest called Eurovision fake songs winner.

tsadriana
05-19-2013, 07:46 AM
Once again congratulations but nothing special.Its a song when i want to go to shake my bum and get a cock in a club when im pissed thats the meaning of the Tears drop.

yosi
05-19-2013, 05:42 PM
this thread should be in the "politics" section .

the Eurovision is all about politics , not about the music.

how many songs do you remember from the last 4 Eurovisions? how many songs are still played? none...........

Stavros
05-21-2013, 09:17 PM
The President of Azerbaijan has ordered a recount of the country's votes because the maxmimum 12 points went to the Ukraine instead of Russia, as 'expected': as Azerbaijan's Ambassador to Russia pointed out:

"I myself, as a musician and as a man of culture, was surprised: it cannot be that Azerbaijan gives no vote for Russia. Moreover, Russia had an excellent performance."

Hmmmm...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/eurovision/10070514/Azerbaijan-recounts-Eurovision-votes-after-awarding-Russia-nul-points.html

tsadriana
05-21-2013, 09:35 PM
And Danmerak has plagiat the song....Its a similar song from 2002 .....so this contest this year was all copys and nothing new apart from the soprano drssed in DRAGULIA