PDA

View Full Version : The Boss!

irvin66
04-30-2013, 03:11 PM
The Boss is here again! For the 17th time, he can not get enough of Norway hahaha .....:claps And we love him too ....
http://www.nrk.no/video/bruce_springsteen/8C09DEF847ABBD89/

I apologize for the low sound but you know how he sounds....:geek:

GroobySteven
04-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Saw him last year here, 3hrs 15 mins of brilliance.

irvin66
04-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Yeah exactly! And Steven Van Zandt "Little Steven", is a big star here in Norway! He played the role of Giovanni "Johnny" Henriksen TV series Lilyhammer. The series is divided into eight episodes had record high ratings in premiere with over one million viewers!! :geek:

GroobySteven
04-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Little Stevie - aka Sylvio Dante is awesome is Lilyhammer

Just when I thougth I was out.. they pull me back in! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=242H7F8DKHA)

irvin66
04-30-2013, 05:04 PM
He is simply the best!!!!!!!!!!! :Bowdown:

Steven Van Zandt on Netflix Series Lilyhammer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLkI73dCIg)

Prospero
04-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Probably the best live shows i've ever seen. I saw him in London just after the Born To Run album came out and then again about ten years ago. Quite sensational.
One of my favourite songs - driving and poignant.

Bruce Springsteen - Bobby Jean - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_caz4qMxTH4)

eccentricBlue
04-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Sorry, but Bruce is just AWEFUL!!!
Worst singing voice ever, if shouting even counts as singing.
Not to mention he joins the company of self absorbed "entertainers" who feel people pay steep ticket prices to hear political talking points.

On the other hand, "his" band kicks ass.

GroobySteven
04-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Not to mention he joins the company of self absorbed "entertainers" who feel people pay steep ticket prices to hear political talking points.

Fuck off. You don't have a clue.

Prospero
04-30-2013, 06:42 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

eccentricBlue
04-30-2013, 08:07 PM

Excellent 3rd grade response!
Bruce still sucks ass though!!!

GroobySteven
04-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Excellent 3rd grade response!
Bruce still sucks ass though!!!

What the fuck is a "3rd Grade"?
Fuck off, you clown. :yingyang:

eccentricBlue
04-30-2013, 08:18 PM
What the fuck is a "3rd Grade"?
Fuck off, you clown. :yingyang:

Case-in-point!

Bruce is a no talent ass clown.

Prospero
04-30-2013, 08:21 PM
He is not called Eccentric blue for nothing.
Maybe this is more his style?

Liberace Chopsticks - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLl0OMuDX0)

eccentricBlue
04-30-2013, 08:29 PM
He is not called Eccentric blue for nothing.
Maybe this is more his style?

Liberace Chopsticks - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLl0OMuDX0)

That's a really cute response.... Really.
Too bad "the boss" couldn't even qualify for an intern position with any real musicians. He can't sing for shit (even before he entered his silver years).

By the way, what asshole would allow himself to be inducted to the rock n roll hall of fame without his band? What a dusche.

Prospero
04-30-2013, 08:30 PM
What's a dusche?

eccentricBlue
04-30-2013, 08:43 PM
What's a dusche?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/gsena13/douchebag1_zpscdb570df.jpg

GroobySteven
04-30-2013, 09:32 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/gsena13/douchebag1_zpscdb570df.jpg

Looks like an enema kit to me? I'm still no wiser?

eccentricBlue
04-30-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm still no wiser?
Finally, something we all can agree on

GroobySteven
04-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Finally, something we all can agree on

Careful. Don't be a douche bag.

my my my!
05-01-2013, 01:27 AM
While I don't agree with Seanchai's response to Blue, or Blue's first post (Bruce does have SOME talent), I feel Bruce is Overrated and definitely not the "Boss".

C'mon Stephen, really 3 hours and 15 mins of Brilliance?

More like 1 hour of decent/good stuff, and 2 hours and 15 minutes of filler.

Prospero
05-01-2013, 09:38 AM
That's the great thing about music. No one ever agrees about what is good or bad or indifferent. We all have our own differing tastes. Interesting that the "Dusche" who was so splenetic about The Boss doesn't say what he thinks IS good. Just asking...

GroobySteven
05-01-2013, 10:39 AM
While I don't agree with Seanchai's response to Blue, or Blue's first post (Bruce does have SOME talent), I feel Bruce is Overrated and definitely not the "Boss".

C'mon Stephen, really 3 hours and 15 mins of Brilliance?

More like 1 hour of decent/good stuff, and 2 hours and 15 minutes of filler.

Absolutely not - no filler whatsoever. You don't go to see artists with pedigree like the Stones, The Who, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young, ZZ Top, Bruce Springsteen and get filler.

Listen, if people don't like an artist, then that's natural, we all have different tastes but to hijack a thread with;
"Aweful" (sic)
"Worst singing voice ever, if shouting even counts as singing."

And then claim the ticket prices were too high (they weren't) to hear "political talking points" (there weren't any) - then that person is just being obtuse on the wrong thread, and can fuck right off.

Prospero
05-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Now here I beg with differ with Seanchai. I think the Stones have generated a lot of "filler" in the past few years of their recording career - though in concert they do create a definate flow and series of peaks. No fat in the act live.
ZZ Top on the other hand, IMHO, are 100 per cent filler.

GroobySteven
05-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Now here I beg with differ with Seanchai. I think the Stones have generated a lot of "filler" in the past few years of their recording career - though in concert they do create a definate flow and series of peaks. No fat in the act live.
ZZ Top on the other hand, IMHO, are 100 per cent filler.

Like I said, when you GO to see The Stones, you don't get filler. Of course there has been misses in some of their albums over the years. ZZTop - great stuff, their latest album was solid.

Prospero
05-01-2013, 10:49 AM
One singer who, to me, is a quintessetial genius, offers nowt but filler these day in live performances - Bob Dylan. The songbook is beyond criticism, but his live act now blurs one song into another in a gnarly snarl that leaves audiences guessing exactly what he is singing. His voice is just about shot. Makes his recordings interesting, but forget the live act... go home and rest Bob.
Interestingly another singer who is even older, Leonard Cohen, hasn't ruined his voice.

GroobySteven
05-01-2013, 10:54 AM
One singer who, to me, is a quintessetial genius, offers nowt but filler these day in live performances - Bob Dylan. The songbook is beyond criticism, but his live act now blurs one song into another in a gnarly snarl that leaves audiences guessing exactly what he is singing. His voice is just about shot. Makes his recordings interesting, but forget the live act... go home and rest Bob.
Interestingly another singer who is even older, Leonard Cohen, hasn't ruined his voice.

Problem with Bob is that he can't play the instruments any longer as his arthritis is so bad, so that severely limits what songs he's going to play. His newer albums have be solid though. I wouldn't see him live. Leonard Cohen I saw last year and if I could see him again this year, I'd be straight back.

Prospero
05-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I didn't know about the arthritis. I know he does prefer to play keyboards rather than guitar.

Never seen Cohen but plan to next time (if there IS a next time).

GroobySteven
05-01-2013, 11:09 AM
I didn't know about the arthritis. I know he does prefer to play keyboards rather than guitar.

Never seen Cohen but plan to next time (if there IS a next time).

He doesn't have a choice, he has trouble playing the guitars now.

Prospero
05-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Happens to us all. I can't play the violin.

Mind you. I never could.

Bobzz
05-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I think Bruce's earlier stuff is lyrically and musically richer than just about everything since Born in the USA. (with a few nuggets here and there). My main gripe is his fucking concerts, not only are they overpriced and in really shitty acoustical environments (stadiums are great for sports not concerts) but the real problem is that they've become god damn hootenannies. I pay money to see a performer perform not to listen to 5000 assholes chant BRRRUUUUUUUUCCCCE and sing along to every Springsteen song he's ever done! My last concert consisted me on one end of the Meadowlands Stadium and Bruce and the E Street Band on the opposite end, Bruce up on the jumbotron and a sea of assholes standing on their seats playing air guitar, air sax, and air drums while playing "sing along with Bruce". I'll stay at home and listen on my audio system instead ... to his first three albums.

Prospero
05-01-2013, 01:06 PM
C'mon Bobzz... given a listen to some later masterpieces. Especially The Rising. The songs are hugely moving - all written in the wake of 9/11

Bobzz
05-01-2013, 01:48 PM
C'mon Bobzz... given a listen to some later masterpieces. Especially The Rising. The songs are hugely moving - all written in the wake of 9/11

Granted, it's a decidedly introspective album but he rarely plays those songs at concerts and even those get ruined by the "E-street wannabees" Case in point Bruce Springsteen - The Rising - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNnB4dkVRJI)

irvin66
05-01-2013, 03:58 PM

What the fuck ..........? :ignore: this happens to your fucking head, asshole....

Big chris completely losing the plot - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQcI2GqBFD0)

Prospero
05-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Something of an over reaction Irvin!