PDA

View Full Version : Speak Out: SC Christian School Test Asks, 'Do You Believe in Dinosaurs?'

natina
04-29-2013, 06:43 AM
Speak Out: SC Christian School Test Asks, 'Do You Believe in Dinosaurs?'

An Upstate school test is making the rounds on social media disputing the existence of dinosaurs, based on biblical principles. Tell us what you think in the comments section below

GREER, SC -- A test from an Upstate Christian school is making the rounds on social media.

The test, allegedly given to fourth-grade students at a Christian-based school north of Greer, is titled "Dinosaurs: Genesis and the Gospel." A book with the same name was published in 2004 by Answers in Genesis.

The test first started making rounds on social media on Sunday when it was posted in a chat room on atheism on Reddit.

According to Snopes, the test is legitimate as someone believed to be the child's father sent a statement to the website saying that the test had been brought home by his 10-year-old daughter.

The man wrote that some of the test questions were first brought to his attention when he and his daughter heard a commercial about a dinosaur display traveling through the Upstate. The man began to question his daughter after she argued that dinosaurs were not millions of years old, as stated in the commercial. The next day she brought home the attached test.

The man wrote that his child will not be attending the school next year, but said that he would not disclose the name of the school until the end of the school year.

How would your child answer these questions? Would you be upset if your child were given this test? Tell us what you think in the comments section below.

http://taylors.patch.com/articles/speak-out-sc-christian-school-test-asks-do-you-believe-in-dinosaurs#photo-14118604

http://taylors.patch.com/articles/speak-out-sc-christian-school-test-asks-do-you-believe-in-dinosaurs#photo-14118601

http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/273x203/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/1db780c19024c6ad006d9a87b041a0cb http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/resize/600x450/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/c4ee25dbb593630db36770cca37c43fc

hippifried
04-29-2013, 06:55 AM
So what?

Willie Escalade
04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
When they can't find a job and are on welfare, don't blame the left.

sukumvit boy
05-21-2013, 03:57 AM
Thanks, natina , good example of hidebound thinking.

buttslinger
05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
ha ha ha, didn't they ever see the Flintstones?

natina
05-22-2013, 04:34 AM
obviously you do not understand that the apparent bible omision of dinosaurs is to many a reason to doubt that the bible is real

Are Dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible?

http://www.bible.ca/tracks/b-dinosaurs-mentioned-in-bible.htm

Dinosaurs and the Bible

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/1999/11/05/dinosaurs-and-the-bible

So what?

hippifried
05-22-2013, 06:21 AM
I'd like to nominate this for non-story of the year. Right up there with the Benghazi cover up & Larry Kudlow's totally unsubstantiated bullshit speculation that the IRS scandal is a plot by organized labor.

buttslinger
05-22-2013, 06:30 PM
When I was a kid I had Dinosaur toys, and I got to know all the names. But back then T-Rex walked on his hind legs like a man, and dragged his tail around behind him.
My Sunday School class was full of Juvenile Delinquents, that's where I saw my first condom. Everybody was trying to prove that even though their Moms were dragging them to Church, they were still bad-ass.

robertlouis
05-23-2013, 05:27 AM
When stuff like this given credence and public currency it shows (a) that some US christians are crazy and (b) that a public school system that allows them to peddle this nonsense unchallenged is discredited.

Get one of these loons in the White House and goodbye world.

fred41
05-23-2013, 02:27 PM
When stuff like this given credence and public currency it shows (a) that some US christians are crazy and (b) that a public school system that allows them to peddle this nonsense unchallenged is discredited.

Get one of these loons in the White House and goodbye world.

Christian schools are usually private...

...and often perforrm much better than public schools.

MacShreach
05-24-2013, 03:28 AM
Christian schools are usually private...

...and often perforrm much better than public schools.

As in 'they make kids believe utter baloney better than other schools teach them to question things'? How can any school peddling this utter stuff and nonsense be said to be 'performing well'? SMH.

Willie Escalade
05-24-2013, 10:23 AM
HEY! I went to a Catholic school...but they didn't give bullshit tests like that.

hippifried
05-24-2013, 10:50 AM
As in 'they make kids believe utter baloney better than other schools teach them to question things'? How can any school peddling this utter stuff and nonsense be said to be 'performing well'? SMH.

Not all Christians are biblical literalists. Not all Christians see a conflict between their beliefs & Darwinian evolutionary thought.

Fred 41's comment is accurate:

"Christian schools are usually private..." True. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but here in the US, government entities (public schools included) aren't allowed to use the public dime to promote one religious view over another. Especially when it's targeting a captive audience of other people's children. Private schools have no such restriction. Choice of schools is a parental prerogative.

"...& often perform much better than public schools." Also true. A large portion of private schools, regardless of religious bent, exist for the purpose of getting their students to learn at a higher academic level. So unless the dictionary got rewritten while I wasn't looking, & "often" now means some specific number or percentage, it's still a vague term. What's the argument?

fred41
05-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Not all Christians are biblical literalists. Not all Christians see a conflict between their beliefs & Darwinian evolutionary thought.

Fred 41's comment is accurate:

"Christian schools are usually private..." True. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but here in the US, government entities (public schools included) aren't allowed to use the public dime to promote one religious view over another. Especially when it's targeting a captive audience of other people's children. Private schools have no such restriction. Choice of schools is a parental prerogative.

"...& often perform much better than public schools." Also true. A large portion of private schools, regardless of religious bent, exist for the purpose of getting their students to learn at a higher academic level. So unless the dictionary got rewritten while I wasn't looking, & "often" now means some specific number or percentage, it's still a vague term. What's the argument?

Thanks.
No matter how careful one's wording is...or how specific to a post - someone will post their opinion to what they think (or preferred , for sake of argument) to have read.
I've probably been guilty of this too.

Prospero
05-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Hippiefried. Indeed I would argue that Most Christians are not biblical literalists. The Vatican, for instance, long ago accepted that science and its discoveries and faith were two quite separate things.

giovanni_hotel
05-28-2013, 01:33 PM
The proliferation of private 'Christian academies' down South is an effort to circumvent the federal mandate to integrate public schools. It's been ongoing for decades.

Typically these schools are no better or worse than the public schools with students from similar socioeconomic backgrounds.

Parents need to be engaged in their children's schooling to catch bullshit like this.
The Bible is a spiritual and moral guide. It's not meant to be a scientific document.

Christians need to re-read their holy Book;

Ecclesiastes 1:5 - As you do not know what is the way of the wind, Or how the bones grow in the womb of her who is with child, So you do not know the works of God who makes everything.

Jeremiah 4:22 - "My people are fools; they do not know me."