PDA

View Full Version : WBC to picket boston marathon funerals

Tiffany Starr
04-17-2013, 10:00 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/anonymous-westboro-boston-picket-marathon-funerals_n_3093516.html

This is the link to a huffington post article on the Westboro baptist church planning to picket the casualties of the Boston marathon bombing. With Boston being my hometown I am very upset to hear this news and hope that the great people of Boston stand against this hate group.

On a brighter note Anonymous, A "Hactavist" group replied to the WBC that if they did picket the funeral then they should expect a visit. This to me basically says " hey remember the last time we messed with your lives? This time it'll be worse" So hopefully this will deter WBC from coming to my home.

For more info read the article. xoxo

Willie Escalade
04-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Kelly Clare tweeted this...

Tiffany Starr
04-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Yea a lot of people tweeted this. But I am telling Hung Angels. Didn't find a post here so I threw it out there

Prospero
04-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Is this for real? I hope that should these people show up the police will arrest them all. Insane.

TempestTS
04-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Apparently WBC hasnt learned a thing

Time for another visit

Expect Us

timxxx
04-17-2013, 11:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bx8g2.jpg

Prospero
04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Evil the world... the bomber/s...
and now the Westboro Baptist Church

GroobySteven
04-17-2013, 11:36 AM
In a society which allows free speech, when the authorities are unable to silence these people or to stop them picketing, I support the public silencing them, blocking them, obstructing them and disabling them by fair means, or foul. It's time the public showed their disgust at the Westboro Baptist Church and took action.

Incognito69
04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Is it bad that I hope the Hactavists visit these monsters regardless?

alpha2117
04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Why oh why is the WBC not one of those suicide cults.

timxxx
04-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Westboro Baptist Church(Ultimate publicity whores) & Media(Phony Outrage Machine) = http://cdn1.images.thumbdot.com/p2/469/240x180/webcam-mutual-handjob-a6bbd129075ccacce776057d1cdeb2.jpg

Willie Escalade
04-17-2013, 11:53 AM
In a society which allows free speech, when the authorities are unable to silence these people or to stop them picketing, I support the public silencing them, blocking them, obstructing them and disabling them by fair means, or foul. It's time the public showed their disgust at the Westboro Baptist Church and took action.
The same can go for what some of these dickheads from the right say about the POTUS. They're quick to say the left uses the race card too much, but then picket with signs like these....smdh...

http://aattp.org/20-of-the-most-racist-teapublican-political-signs/

TempestTS
04-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Shouldn't Natural Selection have dealt with Westboro Baptist Church by now... how are these idiots still breeding?

Silcc69
04-17-2013, 05:13 PM
YTF has someone not bombed there church yet? I guess they are just following the Old Testament though.

bluesoul
04-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Is this for real? I hope that should these people show up the police will arrest them all. Insane.

you must be unfamiliar with the laws in the united states, but that cannot happen unless they actually commit a crime

TempestTS
04-17-2013, 05:48 PM
you must be unfamiliar with the laws in the united states, but that cannot happen unless they actually commit a crime

Saddly...

You must be unfamiliar with the ways Laws are Enforced in the United states...

The WBC spews hate at funerals - Protected by Law
Tea Party Shows up with the NRA carrying guns - Protected by Law
Klan marches in support of racial supremacy and segregation - Protected by Law

Occupy Wallstreet Protesters protest unfair banking and corporations - People are Arrested and Beaten
Impeach For Peace Rally during the last Iraq War - People are Arrested and Beaten
Take a video with your phone of a COP beating a suspected half to death - Youll Be Arrested and likely beaten yourself

I dont know about you but I think there is a certain slant to the perspective of how laws are enforced here...

fred41
04-18-2013, 01:18 AM
Saddly...

Occupy Wallstreet Protesters protest unfair banking and corporations - People are Arrested and Beaten
Impeach For Peace Rally during the last Iraq War - People are Arrested and Beaten
Take a video with your phone of a COP beating a suspected half to death - Youll Be Arrested and likely beaten yourself

I dont know about you but I think there is a certain slant to the perspective of how laws are enforced here...

For the most part ..the the "right wing" protester usually operate within the law...and are usually smart enough not to confront the local police dept. (since they're the ones that usually have to protect their asses ).

"left wing" protesters often have professional agitators among them that are there to rile up the police dept. because they often want the confrontation. It's how you make the news.

It's not what you say...it's usually how you say it.

I'd like to see the WBC folks get their asses kicked at these pickets...but that's probably what they want.
...but I'd still like to see it...sometimes people should get what they want.

BrassVillanueva
04-18-2013, 01:30 AM
Thankfully, at several of their recent planned "protests," members of the community in question have come out to essentially shut them out and keep them away from the targets of their hatred. In fact, there was one up in New York where they just plain didn't show up because the general public organized a massive counter-demonstration. That's been a very inspiring trend to watch.

fred41
04-18-2013, 01:30 AM
The same can go for what some of these dickheads from the right say about the POTUS. They're quick to say the left uses the race card too much, but then picket with signs like these....smdh...

http://aattp.org/20-of-the-most-racist-teapublican-political-signs/

That guy is actually spoofing the Tea Party....there are plenty of actual hate signs on that site you quoted. I believe you picked the wrong one here...still kinda works though to make your point...which was his point...
...never mind.

bluesoul
04-18-2013, 01:34 AM
Saddly...

you didn't even need to make a list. the wbc protest funerals of soliders who die fighting for their right to protest.

none of these laws were written for a people with corrupt morality- and as said in another thread on this very forum, morality be damned. so- you cannot have your cake and eat it.

DandyDog
04-18-2013, 02:13 AM
They keep it "in the family."

robertlouis
04-18-2013, 02:23 AM

They won't. They can't. It's called freedom of speech, apparently.

Christ Almighty. I despair.

wearboots4me
04-18-2013, 02:44 AM
Saddly...

Thank you Tempest. That is so true, unfortunately. Your politics determine how you are treated by police, prosecutors and judges in this country.

wearboots4me
04-18-2013, 02:49 AM
"left wing" protesters often have professional agitators among them that are there to rile up the police dept. because they often want the confrontation. It's how you make the news.

The "professional agitators" is the important part of your quote. Often troublemakers at any protest are "agent provocateurs" from the other side.

fivekatz
04-18-2013, 02:52 AM
They won't. They can't. It's called freedom of speech, apparently.

Christ Almighty. I despair.And as disgusting as their choice to exercise their right this way, this right is far more important to a healthy republic than the second amendment.

It is how a group denounced by right wingers as communist, (ALCU) could assign a Jewish lawyer to defend the American Nazi's right to march in Skokie, IL, a predominately Jewish neighborhood and chant their anti Semetic filth.

It is a beautiful thing that we defend the right of people to express views whose very views repulse us.

BrassVillanueva
04-18-2013, 03:03 AM
And as disgusting as their choice to exercise their right this way, this right is far more important to a healthy republic than the second amendment.
Wrong. The Second Amendment is there to ensure that the FIRST Amendment stays in place. Freedom of speech goes away the moment the guns do. Ask anyone who survived Hitler's Germany.

Corran
04-18-2013, 03:09 AM
When I read this and saw they were planning to protest a funeral (yes, I had to do a triple take at that) it just informed me this group are nothing more than a bunch of attention whores. They aren't even worth the waste of bandwith discussing them in this thread and it's unfortunate we can't bludgeon them to death for being idiots and using this great tragedy to promote their narrow minded views.

fred41
04-18-2013, 03:10 AM
And as disgusting as their choice to exercise their right this way, this right is far more important to a healthy republic than the second amendment.

For the most part, I agree. Freedoms of speech and of the press are often a powerful weapon to be able to wield. Something still denied in far too many countries.
...but I don't really have a problem with the 2nd amendment either.

fivekatz
04-18-2013, 04:28 AM
For the most part, I agree. Freedoms of speech and of the press are often a powerful weapon to be able to wield. Something still denied in far too many countries.
...but I don't really have a problem with the 2nd amendment either.In theory I don't have a problem with it, rather it is how it is being used to prevent any sensible controls.

And honestly the original thoughts that brought Patrick Henry to include it in the Bill of Rights no longer exists in any form of reality. The US has built a military complex so big that an armed rebellion by a militia is an impossibility.

Any war against this government would have to be of a insurgent nature given the shear strength of the military. It wouldn't be so much fire arms as terrorist attacks using IED's like yesterday's tragedy in Boston.

It is time for us to adjust not dismiss the Second Amendment IMHO. Our clinging to this quaint notion of constitutional purity in the face of carnage like Newtown is not sort of American "exceptionalism" that we realy want to stand for is it?

Perhaps best put the right to be a hurtful idiot with your speech has remained timeless, while being a hurtful idiot with your assault rifle is a 21st Century factor that Patrick Henry never considered?

robertlouis
04-18-2013, 04:58 AM
The fact that their placards mostly start with "God Hates...." indicates a fundamental flaw in their theology.

fivekatz
04-18-2013, 05:09 AM
More bad stuff has been done in the name of Lord than any other factor in world history. It seems tyrants find great comfort in wrapping themselves in the supreme being whether it be Islamic Extremists or Euro-Christians sailing to the Western Hemisphere to bring Jesus (and death) to the indigenous peoples.

I personally believe these wing nuts really believe the horse manure that comes out of their mouths, they have the right to say it and hopefully a majority will ignore their actions as long as they are peaceful. And I can only hope that divine intervention will make all their children, gay activists who marry interracial same sex partners who smoke pot and drive hybrids.

TempestTS
04-18-2013, 05:22 AM
The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.- Arthur C Clarke

TSMichelleAustin
04-18-2013, 05:43 AM
A Str8 man bought a house across the street from WBC and painted it like a Rainbow and made it a GLBT help center! LOL These people are nuts, its like talking to Franklin, no matter how many times u tell them they are wrong, they still think they are right! LOL

TempestTS
04-18-2013, 05:47 AM
A Str8 man bought a house across the street from WBC and painted it like a Rainbow and made it a GLBT help center! LOL These people are nuts, its like talking to Franklin, no matter how many times u tell them they are wrong, they still think they are right! LOL

You cant have an intellectual debate with the clinically insane or the terminally stupid (WBC)

fred41
04-18-2013, 05:48 AM
If you haven't already done so, you should read their Wiki Page: Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church)

They're really just a big all family hate cult. There have been some terrific counter protests and parodies. Under "criticisms"...it mentions how a few members of the KKK denounced them as being "hatemongers"...
found this article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/klu-klux-klan-protests-westboro-baptist-church-video/2011/05/31/AGgoiPFH_blog.html

damn...hatemongers that hatemongers hate.

can't get much lower than that.

Prospero
04-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Hatemongers that hatemongers hate... all too true fred.

But their hatred is insane. Al Queda have some of ideological basis - though evil and hateful. But these people - Americans - who carry banners proclaiming: "God bless IEDs" "We hate the USA" ...!!! Perhaps they should form a common front with the Taliban and then they could be arrested and sent to Guantanomo Bay as "enemy combatants."

BrassVillanueva
04-19-2013, 12:35 AM
In theory I don't have a problem with it, rather it is how it is being used to prevent any sensible controls.
There is no such thing as "sensible controls." The moment you start regulating guns, you've infringed the Second Amendment. That's the problem. You make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to own guns while those who DON'T abide by the law... well, they don't abide by the law. They're going to either find guns on the black market or use another weapon and do the same damage (if not more). We already have background checks... didn't stop Sandy Hook, because the shooter didn't own the guns, he stole them from his mother after he killed her. No gun control legislation would have prevented that. Smaller clips? Great... just bring more of them. No "assault weapons?" Well, no assault weapons are available (semi automatic weapons are not "assault weapons"). Ban guns that LOOK like assault weapons? Fine, someone will use a semi auto that looks like a regular rifle. You see the point here? No gun control legislation is necessary because it simply won't work and, in fact, will make things WORSE than they are now. "Sensible controls" do not exist. The Second Amendment isn't being used to stop gun control, common sense is.

And honestly the original thoughts that brought Patrick Henry to include it in the Bill of Rights no longer exists in any form of reality. The US has built a military complex so big that an armed rebellion by a militia is an impossibility.

Any war against this government would have to be of a insurgent nature given the shear strength of the military. It wouldn't be so much fire arms as terrorist attacks using IED's like yesterday's tragedy in Boston.

It's not just about national defense or civil war, it's about self-defense and protection of one's property. They weren't simply worried about uprisings or invasions, personal protection was just as much a concern then as it is now.

It is time for us to adjust not dismiss the Second Amendment IMHO. Our clinging to this quaint notion of constitutional purity in the face of carnage like Newtown is not sort of American "exceptionalism" that we realy want to stand for is it?

I'll tell you this much: if Sandy Hook had NOT been a gun-free zone and a handful of adults had been carrying, Lanza never would have gotten beyond the lobby. No Constitutional adjustments needed.

Perhaps best put the right to be a hurtful idiot with your speech has remained timeless, while being a hurtful idiot with your assault rifle is a 21st Century factor that Patrick Henry never considered?

Patrick Henry DID consider fighting hurtful people by arming GOOD people with the same weapons that the hurtful people have. THAT'S the point of the Second Amendment. Taking those weapons away from people will only do more damage.

robertlouis
04-19-2013, 02:47 AM
There is no such thing as "sensible controls." The moment you start regulating guns, you've infringed the Second Amendment. That's the problem. You make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to own guns while those who DON'T abide by the law... well, they don't abide by the law. They're going to either find guns on the black market or use another weapon and do the same damage (if not more). We already have background checks... didn't stop Sandy Hook, because the shooter didn't own the guns, he stole them from his mother after he killed her. No gun control legislation would have prevented that. Smaller clips? Great... just bring more of them. No "assault weapons?" Well, no assault weapons are available (semi automatic weapons are not "assault weapons"). Ban guns that LOOK like assault weapons? Fine, someone will use a semi auto that looks like a regular rifle. You see the point here? No gun control legislation is necessary because it simply won't work and, in fact, will make things WORSE than they are now. "Sensible controls" do not exist. The Second Amendment isn't being used to stop gun control, common sense is.

It's not just about national defense or civil war, it's about self-defense and protection of one's property. They weren't simply worried about uprisings or invasions, personal protection was just as much a concern then as it is now.

I'll tell you this much: if Sandy Hook had NOT been a gun-free zone and a handful of adults had been carrying, Lanza never would have gotten beyond the lobby. No Constitutional adjustments needed.

Patrick Henry DID consider fighting hurtful people by arming GOOD people with the same weapons that the hurtful people have. THAT'S the point of the Second Amendment. Taking those weapons away from people will only do more damage.

I'd like to take issue with this crap, but frankly, I'm too dispirited by the result in the Senate last night. Yep, keep adding more guns, no checks, and switch off the light when the last American gets shot.

Dino Velvet
04-19-2013, 02:54 AM
Hatemongers that hatemongers hate... all too true fred.

But their hatred is insane. Al Queda have some of ideological basis - though evil and hateful. But these people - Americans - who carry banners proclaiming: "God bless IEDs" "We hate the USA" ...!!! Perhaps they should form a common front with the Taliban and then they could be arrested and sent to Guantanomo Bay as "enemy combatants."

Yeah but if the WBC were in Syria our media might call them rebels. If they went down to Mali they'd be back to being pieces of shit again.

BrassVillanueva
04-19-2013, 05:04 AM
I'd like to take issue with this crap, but frankly, I'm too dispirited by the result in the Senate last night. Yep, keep adding more guns, no checks, and switch off the light when the last American gets shot.

Who said anything about having no checks? All I said was that the checks we have NOW are satisfactory to accomplish the goal that some people are claiming we need more restrictions to accomplish. We already HAVE background checks and a solid set of restrictions on who can and cannot obtain firearms in this country. We've got THAT part of the equation covered. What we NEED is to stop this ridiculous notion that guns are the problem and comprehend the fact that it's the CRIMINALS who CIRCUMVENT the background checks (and will continue to do so no matter how many of them you put in place) that we have to protect ourselves from. The only way to do that is to arm ourselves to ensure that we're not the next victims. It's simple logic.

fivekatz
04-19-2013, 06:18 AM
Patrick Henry DID consider fighting hurtful people by arming GOOD people with the same weapons that the hurtful people have. THAT'S the point of the Second Amendment. Taking those weapons away from people will only do more damage.Well that means every citizen has the right to own nuclear warheads, drones, stealth bombers, aircraft carriers.

When the bill of rights was written African-Americans a fraction of person, without the right to vote, but to be counted in Electoral College totals to give the South a greater representation in the Federal Government than its white population dictated.

It was a quaint thought that internal revolution via tradition means was effective. It hasn't been for over 100 years, as insurgency and general strikes have proven far more effective than shooting a Army regular with your musket.

The amendment is vague, not brief and absolute. It says NOTHING about registration of weapons, or the rights of criminals to bear them or that citizens are entitled to WMDs.

Its a bogus argument but one that people feel very strongly about, with honest conviction, so while I think your wrong about guns in society I acknowledge you passionately believe. It is the politicians and industrialist that are hypocritical in their arguments and their money has the blood of 10 plus thousand a year on it.

BrassVillanueva
04-19-2013, 07:55 AM
Well that means every citizen has the right to own nuclear warheads, drones, stealth bombers, aircraft carriers.
You're catching on! Obviously cost would be prohibitive to many if not most people, but if you want to go out and buy your own aircraft carrier, feel free. Just remember: if everyone's free to have one, chances are that you're not the only one who does. Even on a personal level, mutually-assured destruction works. That's the whole point.

When the bill of rights was written African-Americans a fraction of person, without the right to vote, but to be counted in Electoral College totals to give the South a greater representation in the Federal Government than its white population dictated.
That was a compromise made not because the authors believed that blacks were three-fifths of a person (they didn't), but because they knew that they couldn't get the southern states to sign on if blacks were given their due rights. So not only is your historical reference point irrelevant to the matter at hand, the interpretation that your assertion bases upon it is wrong altogether.

It was a quaint thought that internal revolution via tradition means was effective. It hasn't been for over 100 years, as insurgency and general strikes have proven far more effective than shooting a Army regular with your musket.
Again, you're being short-sighted. The authors didn't have ONLY their contemporary events in mind. This isn't about the military, it is an INDIVIDUAL freedom.

The amendment is vague, not brief and absolute. It says NOTHING about registration of weapons, or the rights of criminals to bear them or that citizens are entitled to WMDs.
There is nothing vague about it: "A well regulated Militia," -- that means you and me, not a standing military; there was and is a difference, and the authors didn't make any mistake in their wording there -- "being necessary to the security of a free State," -- meaning you as a citizen not only have the right, but an OBLIGATION to defend your country -- "the right of the people" -- not the military, not the militia (which includes all citizens), but ALL people -- "to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." And note the use of "shall" there, not "may." "Shall" is an imperative, meaning that the government must actively DEFEND this right, not pick and choose how it allows people to exercise it.

Its a bogus argument but one that people feel very strongly about, with honest conviction, so while I think your wrong about guns in society I acknowledge you passionately believe. It is the politicians and industrialist that are hypocritical in their arguments and their money has the blood of 10 plus thousand a year on it.
And I respect your right to disagree with me. I have no qualms about ending in disagreement on friendly terms :) I will certainly agree with you on your last point, however: the political/industrial cronyism machine has done more than its share of harm in this world.

TempestTS
04-21-2013, 05:56 AM
Here's where they will be on monday - Stop these ASSHOLES --->

Westboro Baptist Church to picket the funeral of Krystle Campbell Mon., April 22 from 9:15-10:00AM

Jimmy W
04-21-2013, 06:07 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please !!!!!!!!!!!....Stop getting upset over the Wesboro Baptist Church. Making people go nuts is their stock in trade. They're assholes but they're savvy so here is what really happens: They send five or six (not hundreds, not even dozens) of people to protest something from VERY VERY far away from the actual event knowing that the media will do their dirty work for ratings and deliver their message to the world for them. We turn on the TV and see a tiny cluster of idiots that looks like a mob on the small screen and the news people do the rest. They're vile and disgusting but have no more impact than some guy at a bar....until you get pissed off at them. Then youre an audience and thats what they thrive on.

TempestTS
04-21-2013, 06:34 AM
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please !!!!!!!!!!!....Stop getting upset over the Wesboro Baptist Church. Making people go nuts is their stock in trade. They're assholes but they're savvy so here is what really happens: They send five or six (not hundreds, not even dozens) of people to protest something from VERY VERY far away from the actual event knowing that the media will do their dirty work for ratings and deliver their message to the world for them. We turn on the TV and see a tiny cluster of idiots that looks like a mob on the small screen and the news people do the rest. They're vile and disgusting but have no more impact than some guy at a bar....until you get pissed off at them. Then youre an audience and thats what they thrive on.

Well I was always lousy at turning the other cheek and to be honest Ive already run out of those some time ago. you can keep quiet if you want - just ignore those of us that dont want to anymore - I wont think less of you for not being outraged if you dont think less of me for my angst.

I know exactly what they do and what their numbers are - most of the time they dont get that close but that isnt always the case and some of the time is only knowing that they are on the way that allows measures to be taken to keep them at a distance - I just want to make sure these hate mongers dont get to add more pain to something that is already painful enough.

Im not sending CNN or NBC to film them or give them press coverage - but I wouldnt mind if a few Hells Angels or Anonymous members show up to make sure the WBC is kept well out of sight and out of mind.

Jimmy W
04-21-2013, 07:13 AM
TempestTS - Never would I allow myself to think of you in terms of your angst. On the contrary, I applaud you sticking to your guns. That said, I disagree with what I happen to believe is you letting the WBC dictate how to direct your outrage. They WANT!!! you to talk in terms of Hells Angels dealing with them. They WANT!!! Anonymous to hack their website. They WANT someone to fuck with them. As contrary to your instincts as it may seem, doing nothing is the only thing allows them no recourse.

robertlouis
04-21-2013, 07:45 AM
It's probably also worth pointing out that the WBC and their vile statements are about as representative of western democracy as Al Qaeda are typical of the vast majority of Islam.

Prospero
04-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Nicely made point RL

thx1138
04-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Yes, these folks are insane because they direct their ire at the wrong target: They should be directing it at the CIA:
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/04/israeli-publication-says-bostons.html (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/04/israeli-publication-says-bostons.html)

Ben
04-21-2013, 09:09 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/anonymous-westboro-boston-picket-marathon-funerals_n_3093516.html

This is the link to a huffington post article on the Westboro baptist church planning to picket the casualties of the Boston marathon bombing. With Boston being my hometown I am very upset to hear this news and hope that the great people of Boston stand against this hate group.

On a brighter note Anonymous, A "Hactavist" group replied to the WBC that if they did picket the funeral then they should expect a visit. This to me basically says " hey remember the last time we messed with your lives? This time it'll be worse" So hopefully this will deter WBC from coming to my home.

For more info read the article. xoxo

What do they have against Lady Gaga -- ha ha!
But I'm sure they love Britney and Madonna -- :)

The Judge
04-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Can't someone give all these fuckers a 9mm aspirin and put them all out of our misery

hippifried
04-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Personally, as distasteful as they are, I find Phelps & his entire dozen congregants (or is that 11 now?) to be highly entertaining. Don't worry though. We still have the Second Amendment to do whatever it's supposed to be doing in a thread where it has no relevance.

thx1138
04-21-2013, 03:40 PM
I wonder if the WBC nuts have any "kind" words to say about the victims of the West, Texas conflagration.

mistab
04-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Medford is a very strong, no nonsense close-knitted community. The WBC would do well to stay home...for their own safety and well-being....IMHO

Dino Velvet
04-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Not much you can do. They were protesting across from The Beverly Hilton once. I saw them from a distance with their signs and veered over 3 lanes with my truck letting them hear me step on the gas as my bumper came toward them. I turned away at the last opportunity but they weren't sure that I wasn't jumping the curb coming after them. A good scare that I cannot be prosecuted for.

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/roadtests/oneyear/163_1107_2011_chevrolet_silverado_2500hd_update_3/32858162+pheader_460x1000/2011-chevrolet-silverado-2500HD-front-end-in-motion-promos.jpg

TempestTS
04-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Not much you can do. They were protesting across from The Beverly Hilton once. I saw them from a distance with their signs and veered over 3 lanes with my truck letting them hear me step on the gas as my bumper came toward them. I turned away at the last opportunity but they weren't sure that I wasn't jumping the curb coming after them. A good scare that I cannot be prosecuted for.

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/roadtests/oneyear/163_1107_2011_chevrolet_silverado_2500hd_update_3/32858162+pheader_460x1000/2011-chevrolet-silverado-2500HD-front-end-in-motion-promos.jpg

Would have been a shame if some hot coffee just happened to slip out of your hand and out the window at the same time you were passing by... purely by accident of course...

On a related note...

I wonder how often they get their food spit on when they go out to eat. Im betting Flem is a regular part of the WBC diet by now...

Dino Velvet
04-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Would have been a shame if some hot coffee just happened to slip out of your hand and out the window at the same time you were passing by... purely by accident of course...

I had to do something and never knew when I'd get another opportunity. I let them know I'm alive. I'd feel worse running over a possum if no one were looking. They cheapen their own lives with their conduct and disrespect. I would never menace a decent person.

robertlouis
04-22-2013, 06:20 AM
Apparently the citizens of Boston took their own action by forming a human chain which prevented the WBC from even getting out of their van. Well done.

But wasn't that in fact a breach of their right to free speech? Serious question.

maxpower
04-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Apparently the citizens of Boston took their own action by forming a human chain which prevented the WBC from even getting out of their van. Well done.

But wasn't that in fact a breach of their right to free speech? Serious question.

The First Amendment protects free speech from being abridged by the government. Perhaps that's not the same as angry and mourning citizens not caring to hear what a group of inbred fucktards from Kansas have to say about anything? It would be different if the WBC were prevented from demonstrating by the police or Mayor's office.

bluesoul
04-22-2013, 09:35 AM

On a related note...

I wonder how often they get their food spit on when they go out to eat. Im betting Flem is a regular part of the WBC diet by now...

they don't go out to eat (as a family at least- and individually, you wouldn't really recognize them). the entire family is large and self-contained and make up more than 90% of their church.

the ones who would likely go out to eat would be the kids, which leaves you with the question- you think it's fine spitting on a kids food? there are also members who aren't as visible as shirley.

also- about 70% of the family are all practicing lawyers. someone said they'd be better off staying away from medford for their own safety. not sure what that means because the wbc sends their eldest (and occasionally youngest) women to go protest. so unless medford enjoys beating elderly women, they'd probably be the ones being advised to ignore the whole thing- for their own reputation.

maxpower
04-22-2013, 09:38 AM
After reading what I just wrote, I realize that the devil's advocate counter-argument would say that even though the WBC's right to free speech wasn't being abridged by the government, it should have been protected by the government against the angry mob. So, I'm not really sure what the real answer is to the question.

hippifried
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM

No. There's no such thing as impunity. Not legally or morally. The 1st Amendment is actually irrelevant here because it just restricts the power of government, & rights aren't a government grant in the first place. The members of the WBC can whine about their free speech all they want, but those in the "angry mob" have freedom of speech too. There's no special pass just because you're an asshole. You can get on a soap box, but nobody can be compelled to listen, & anybody else is free to tell you to shut the fuck up or shout you down.

There's no such thing as impunity!

Prospero
04-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Reminds me of a Woody Allen movie where people are debating whether to go protest against American Nazis marching through a Jewish community in New jersey (based on a real life march in Skokie Illinois.)

http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2013-04-14_9246215515280452/movies/manhattan/nazis.wav

Woody Allen: "Has anybody read that Nazis are gonna march in New Jersey? Ya know? I read it in the newspaper. We should go down there, get some guys together, ya know, get some bricks and baseball bats, and really explain things to 'em."
Victor Truro: "There was this devastating satirical piece on that on the op-ed page of the Times – devastating."
Allen: "Whoa, whoa. A satirical piece in the Times is one thing, but bricks and baseball bats really gets right to the point of it."
Helen Hanft: "Oh, but really biting satire is always better than physical force."
Allen: "No, physical force is always better with Nazis."

Jericho
04-22-2013, 12:54 PM
The best way to deal with them is to laugh at them! :shrug

mistab
04-22-2013, 06:30 PM
RIP Krystle Campbell...

http://boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/22/teamsters-gather-outside-medford-church-shield-krystle-campbell-funeral-mass-from-possible-westboro-baptist-church-protestors/1JltanfvqEtQSkKhQsKCgP/story.html

http://www.thesomervillenews.com/archives/37428