PDA

View Full Version : Things Are Getting Spooky

theone1982
04-11-2013, 07:33 AM
I don't know what's scarier, the fact that they remade Red Dawn, or the fact that it's plot involves North Korea declaring war on the U.S., eerily predicting somewhat what is going on right now. IT PREDICTED THE FUTURE! Or not, close though. Anyway, on a sidenote, are there ladyboys in North Korea? Would Kim Un frown at me if I had sex with one of them, or just make a larger missile that shoots a bigger, longer, creamier payload? The world wants to know!

robertlouis
04-11-2013, 07:42 AM
I don't know what's scarier, the fact that they remade Red Dawn, or the fact that it's plot involves North Korea declaring war on the U.S., eerily predicting somewhat what is going on right now. IT PREDICTED THE FUTURE! Or not, close though. Anyway, on a sidenote, are there ladyboys in North Korea? Would Kim Un frown at me if I had sex with one of them, or just make a larger missile that shoots a bigger, longer, creamier payload? The world wants to know!

Er, no it doesn't. North Korea would be pushed to sustain an attack against its southern neighbour. And this time around the Russians and the Chinese would either be on the side of the allies or at the very least neutral.

If there are ladyboys in North Korea, they'll only be allowed to masturbate to pics of the great leader. I wouldn't bother.

theone1982
04-11-2013, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=robertlouis;1306249]Er, no it doesn't. North Korea would be pushed to sustain an attack against its southern neighbour. And this time around the Russians and the Chinese would either be on the side of the allies or at the very least neutral.

Or maybe that's just what they want us to think! Hollywood never lies!

robertlouis
04-11-2013, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=robertlouis;1306249]Er, no it doesn't. North Korea would be pushed to sustain an attack against its southern neighbour. And this time around the Russians and the Chinese would either be on the side of the allies or at the very least neutral.

Or maybe that's just what they want us to think! Hollywood never lies!

I offer you the garbage that was U571.

theone1982
04-11-2013, 08:28 AM
[quote=theone1982;1306252]

Or Evil Dead....no, wait, that one was pretty accurate :dancing:

GroobySteven
04-11-2013, 08:30 AM
[quote=theone1982;1306252]

I'll take your U571 and raise you an Argo?

robertlouis
04-11-2013, 08:37 AM
[quote=robertlouis;1306256]

I'll take your U571 and raise you an Argo?

OK then. Saving Private Ryan. Checkmate. :)

GroobySteven
04-11-2013, 08:41 AM
[quote=seanchai;1306270]

OK then. Saving Private Ryan. Checkmate. :)
I'd have to disagree, just because it showed one side of things and not the full picture. You're going to need to do better.
I raise a "The Patriot" and "Braveheart" - game set, and match, methinks.

robertlouis
04-11-2013, 08:46 AM
[quote=robertlouis;1306276]
I'd have to disagree, just because it showed one side of things and not the full picture. You're going to need to do better.
I raise a "The Patriot" and "Braveheart" - game set, and match, methinks.

I agree, Braveheart was utter shite, and so was the Patriot. Just don't give Gibson a chance to piss on the English; he should leave that to the Scots. ;)

Prospero and Stavros will no doubt be along soon to remind us of other 'merkin cinematic travesties of British heroism.

GroobySteven
04-11-2013, 08:48 AM
[quote=seanchai;1306280]

I agree, Braveheart was utter shite, and so was the Patriot. Just don't give Gibson a chance to piss on the English; he should leave that to the Scots. ;)

Prospero and Stavros will no doubt be along soon to remind us of other 'merkin cinematic travesties of British heroism.

I'll pre-empt them with a "Last of the Mohicans" and a Kevin Costner Robin Hood.

theone1982
04-11-2013, 08:52 AM
No movie will ever be 100% historically accurate, it will always have some interpretive qualities. Just the act of editing makes it less than 100%. I thought Argo was a very good film, but it pretty much glossed over the events that led to hostage taking. You can't blame them though, to really get the historical view on the whole situation you'd have to go back thousands of years to the Persian Empire. But it was an entertaining snapshot of a complex event, plus it had the phrase Argo fuck yourself, which needs to be used more in everyday conversation. :D Also, Seanchai, where are the North Korean ladyboys?!

robertlouis
04-11-2013, 08:54 AM
No movie will ever be 100% historically accurate, it will always have some interpretive qualities. Just the act of editing makes it less than 100%. I thought Argo was a very good film, but it pretty much glossed over the events that led to hostage taking. You can't blame them though, to really get the historical view on the whole situation you'd have to go back thousands of years to the Persian Empire. But it was an entertaining snapshot of a complex event, plus it had the phrase Argo fuck yourself, which needs to be used more in everyday conversation. :D Also, Seanchai, where are the North Korean ladyboys?!

Maybe, but U571 was a complete travesty. It took the true story of a British submarine seizing an enigma machine from a u-boat and suggested that the fucking yanks ( who were barely in the war by then) had done it. Sickening.

theone1982
04-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Maybe, but U571 was a complete travesty. It took the true story of a British submarine seizing an enigma machine from a u-boat and suggested that the fucking yanks ( who were barely in the war by then) had done it. Sickening.

But, it did have Matthew McConaughay, the greatest actor of our time :)

GroobySteven
04-11-2013, 09:12 AM

.... or all they had to do was interview the Canadian Ambassador, whom still being alive, had the real story of how they were smuggled out.

N.Korean - we'll be there first.

robertlouis
04-11-2013, 09:15 AM
But, it did have Matthew McConaughay, the greatest actor of our time :)

Yup.

Matthew Mahogany, the most wooden actor of our time. Put him up against Ikea Knightley and Nicole Kindling and you could have a great bonfire.

But none of them are worse than Channing Tedium.

robertlouis
04-11-2013, 09:17 AM
N.Korean - we'll be there first.

True. The Americans will turn up late as usual after all the heavy lifting's already been done....... :hide-1::hide-1::hide-1:

Prospero
04-11-2013, 09:46 AM
How about "The Longest Day" or any of those dumb british 1950s war films "Dunkirk" for instance.

Prospero
04-11-2013, 09:47 AM
N Korea. This has to be rhetoric. The generals if not the little fat man know they'll be history if they start anything. And Putin warned yesterday that the impact of a nuclear exchange will make Chernobyl look like a picnic in terms of the long term global fallout.