PDA

View Full Version : "Better Keep Yer Name Simple Or I'll Give You One Myself"

Dino Velvet
03-29-2013, 09:40 PM
I am just awful remembering names. I've been around enough people to know I can't remember all of their names so I end up remembering none of them. I tend not to even ask knowing it's not worth the bother or the possible future disrespect of drawing a blank when introducing to a more familiar person. I end up just giving people names.

Wendy Summers
03-29-2013, 09:53 PM
I am just awful remembering names. I've been around enough people to know I can't remember all of their names so I end up remembering none of them. I tend not to even ask knowing it's not worth the bother or the possible future disrespect of drawing a blank when introducing to a more familiar person. I end up just giving people names.

I'm glad you can be honest with us champ.

Dino Velvet
03-29-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm glad you can be honest with us champ.

"I am US Champ now!!!"

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/357/471/NikitaKoloff_display_image.jpg?1340719092

betts
03-29-2013, 10:02 PM
Cool story, Bro

Wendy Summers
03-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Not your buddy, guy! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuQK6t2Esng)

timid1
03-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Haha Dino , you are right ! In London if you meet a bloke and you temporarily forget his name you can wing it with "hello mate" " alright fella/geez" depending on how well you know him and the surroundings. With girls , if you are friendly with them you can get away with " hi" " hiya" " hello babe" ( slightly careful with the last one ! ) But when you are with two or more friends and they are expecting you to introduce them I just panic ! I'm so bad with names when under pressure!

sukumvit boy
03-30-2013, 02:25 AM

Me too.LOL.
You think it's bad now,just wait till you pass 50!

Dino Velvet
03-30-2013, 02:35 AM
Haha Dino , you are right ! In London if you meet a bloke and you temporarily forget his name you can wing it with "hello mate" " alright fella/geez" depending on how well you know him and the surroundings. With girls , if you are friendly with them you can get away with " hi" " hiya" " hello babe" ( slightly careful with the last one ! ) But when you are with two or more friends and they are expecting you to introduce them I just panic ! I'm so bad with names when under pressure!

"Hey you!" is common from me. I'm not picky with people over my weird Russian last name either.

SheWantsTheD
03-30-2013, 10:37 AM
I have the same problem as the OP. My father always made up names for my friends. Now I make up names for people and just tell them its my new nickname for them lol.

Willie Escalade
03-30-2013, 01:28 PM
As long as the girl isn't named Poon or Mot or Kite or something like that, I'm pretty good with names.

Dino Velvet
03-30-2013, 01:47 PM
As long as the girl isn't named Poon or Mot or Kite or something like that, I'm pretty good with names.

Excellent point, Willie Escalade! How the heck do you keep track of all the Thailand babes??? With names like that I think the previous batch of Westerners ran into the same problem as I would and named them Poon, Mot, and Kite. Time to rename 'em, dick 'em down, then hose 'em down.:jerkoff

Prospero
03-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Always been terrible with names. As a teenager I forgot the name of a gir i was on a date with as we were making out. i started to call her darling. And once forgot the name of a man I worked with everyday. Actually my memory has gotten better as i get a bit older. And I never-ever forget a face.

Dino Velvet
03-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Always been terrible with names. As a teenager I forgot the name of a gir i was on a date with as we were making out. i started to call her darling. And once forgot the name of a man I worked with everyday. Actually my memory has gotten better as i get a bit older. And I never-ever forget a face.

Was working the door at a place in Texas and left with a lady customer after I got off. I remember it raining good that night and about her telling me she strips once in awhile to help her momma. Took care finishing my business then went to sleep waking up next to her in the morning. She went to visit me that next night at work and I forgot her name. A hint would not have helped either as I drew a complete blank. She got so mad she made sure to meet another guy and leave with him making sure I saw. He probably realized her name wasn't worth remembering either.

irvin66
03-30-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm hopeless when it comes to names, especially when they call me and present themselves :hide-1:

Dino Velvet
03-30-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm hopeless when it comes to names, especially when they call me and present themselves :hide-1:

Scandinavians get renamed the most. I know Ted from Darkthrone and that's about it.

http://metalalacarta.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Nocturno-Culto.jpg

TSBootyLondon
03-30-2013, 05:59 PM
One of the hardest parts of my job is choosing the right name!!!

I spend hours googling names trying to find a name that isn't in use!

Would you book a girl named Bridget or Dorothy? (Sorry to those named Bridget or Dorothy!!! :-) )

TSBootyLondon
03-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Additionally and especially with Thai girls... names with 'R' in them are a no go!

Anyone seen Bridget Jones when their in the jail cell singing Like a Virgin????

Dino Velvet
03-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Additionally and especially with Thai girls... names with 'R' in them are a no go!

Anyone seen Bridget Jones when their in the jail cell singing Like a Virgin????

They can't cry out anything that starts with the letter "r"? Interesting. I once had a phone where the "9" didn't work.

TSBootyLondon
03-30-2013, 06:30 PM
If you ad been in the UK when you had that phone that didn't work you would have been stuffed for calling the emergency services as its 999!

Dino Velvet
03-30-2013, 06:34 PM
If you ad been in the UK when you had that phone that didn't work you would have been stuffed for calling the emergency services as its 999!

Pretty much same difference in America.:dancing: