PDA

View Full Version : Sizing ladies' shoes

TSLexi
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
I really need to get some ladies' boots! I've been wearing my men's hiking boots all the time, and while they're comfy and warm, I really want to wear girl's boots.

Specifically, these: http://www.demonia.co.uk/demonia-womens-chunky-heeled-gothika-209-black-matt-lace-up-knee-boots.html

I wear a UK 8 in men's (just got measured today). Would I wear a 9 in ladies'?

NightmareX0666
03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
I really need to get some ladies' boots! I've been wearing my men's hiking boots all the time, and while they're comfy and warm, I really want to wear girl's boots.

Specifically, these: http://www.demonia.co.uk/demonia-womens-chunky-heeled-gothika-209-black-matt-lace-up-knee-boots.html

I wear a UK 8 in men's (just got measured today). Would I wear a 9 in ladies'?

To convert from a men's shoe size to a women's show size add 2. I wear a 11 and can wear a 13 in ladies. But it also matters on the manufacturer's sizes sometimes a 13 can be too big with torrid shoes, and a 13 in payless can pinch.

TSLexi
03-19-2013, 10:12 PM
So I'd wear either a UK 8, or a UK 9. Correct?

martin48
03-19-2013, 10:28 PM
For UK, men's and omen's sizes are the same - in sense that women's size 8 = 26.5 cm foot length = men's size 8. The width fitting may differ as men's feet tend to be wider

NightmareX0666
03-19-2013, 10:28 PM
So I'd wear either a UK 8, or a UK 9. Correct?

Sorry, I really need to read the charts more often...I would do UK9...does not look like there is much of a size difference. But you know how boots are...i am sorry I did not see there was little difference in size for UK. Jeez, time for another coffee....

TSLexi
03-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Sorry, I really need to read the charts more often...I would do UK9...does not look like there is much of a size difference. But you know how boots are...i am sorry I did not see there was little difference in size for UK. Jeez, time for another coffee....

Thanks! Now I can get some cool FMBs, instead of these stupid hiking boots!

I wonder if Morgan Bailey has trouble buying shoes...