PDA

View Full Version : California considering making last call 4 am!!!

Westheangelino
03-16-2013, 09:36 PM
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Alcohol-Bar-Service-4-am-Expanded-Hours-197993871.html

Bout damn time!!!!!!!!!!

bluesoul
03-16-2013, 09:39 PM
let's celebrate by popping some poppers

Jamie French
03-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Yay! MORE car accidents, bar fights and wife beatings that carry on into the wee hours of morn!

Ms.Stepford
03-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Ah, fuck. It'll be two hours later before spend-happy drunk Californian guys who couldn't pick anyone up at the club come and see me on cam.

BellaBellucci
03-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Karaoke 'til 4am? Gods, I hope not! :lol:

~BB~

GroobyKrissy
03-16-2013, 10:52 PM
CA needs money.

Westheangelino
03-17-2013, 01:32 AM
I sure will celebrate by popping some poppers! And groobykrissy is right: CA needs the revenue. This is mostly aimed at having L.A., SD, and SF compete with NYC and Vegas for tourism dollars. It will not apply to liquor stores, only to bars.

As far as car accidents and crime go, I'd have to look at stats from large cities with late drinking hours and similar transportation habits. However, my initial guess is that it wouldn't increase either and could possibly decrease both. Instead of having every drunk leave the bar at the same time to become a driver, criminal, or victim, perhaps it will be a more staggered (no pun intended) exodus. Maybe not. Guess we'll wait and see.

Quiet Reflections
03-17-2013, 02:02 AM
I sure will celebrate by popping some poppers! And groobykrissy is right: CA needs the revenue. This is mostly aimed at having L.A., SD, and SF compete with NYC and Vegas for tourism dollars. It will not apply to liquor stores, only to bars.

As far as car accidents and crime go, I'd have to look at stats from large cities with late drinking hours and similar transportation habits. However, my initial guess is that it wouldn't increase either and could possibly decrease both. Instead of having every drunk leave the bar at the same time to become a driver, criminal, or victim, perhaps it will be a more staggered (no pun intended) exodus. Maybe not. Guess we'll wait and see.
I imagine late running cabs and bus routes will be far more popular.

TSMichelleAustin
03-17-2013, 03:51 AM
I imagine late running cabs and bus routes will be far more popular.

What? LA has worst transit system, the last train I think is like 12:30 or 1a now, so I highly doubt they would make it late!

housekeeper
03-17-2013, 03:54 AM
This is mostly aimed at having L.A., SD, and SF compete with NYC and Vegas for tourism dollars.
Other than Disneyland, what are the tourism incentives in the Los Angeles area?

bluesoul
03-17-2013, 05:21 AM

it's really where the real tranny chasers hone their craft. if they're on the east coast then it's in nyc, but on the west, even chasers from san francisco know in los angeles we're not messing about because we're even covering vegas.

caliuncut
03-17-2013, 06:12 AM
Yay! MORE car accidents, bar fights and wife beatings that carry on into the wee hours of morn!

I would beg to differ. 2am is just when people are at their drunkest and what do we do, shove em out onto the street and tell them to drive home. The way it's setup now most bars start last call at 1:30...that causes people to chug their drinks and order another round or two before closing time.

LA has no real public transit so everyone drives, again pushing them out too early is a bad idea. Give people til 4am...no rush to drink, people can slow down and sober up.

Plus, last I checked we're in a "free" country and all adults here, do we really need mommy telling us when it's bedtime?

Jamie French
03-17-2013, 06:23 AM
When have people ever used a new privilege to exercise restraint? Take a look at the kind of people who are applauding the extension... gimme a break.

Ms.Stepford
03-17-2013, 06:47 AM
Last call's at four where I live. We don't even go out until one.

It works out nicely because I'll cam away the evening, and then when I go out afterward, I have that just-got-fucked eye makeup look and my ass is pretty well worked out and had an ounce or so of lube through it, so I'm just ready to go!

caliuncut
03-17-2013, 06:58 AM
When have people ever used a new privilege to exercise restraint? Take a look at the kind of people who are applauding the extension... gimme a break.

"...the kind of people who are applauding the extension..." What exactly are you using to judge us people...our avatars? Maybe I should replace mine with me on all fours spreading my asshole.

The dumb shit people say never ceases to amaze.

Jamie French
03-17-2013, 07:12 AM
It's my job to spread my ass and this is exactly the forum to do it on, the entire point actually... also, spreading my ass won't kill a family of four on the freeway so go get fucked already.

Rusty Eldora
03-17-2013, 07:17 AM

~BB~

I thought you would be the one on stage LOL

caliuncut
03-17-2013, 07:32 AM
It's my job to spread my ass and this is exactly the forum to do it on, the entire point actually... also, spreading my ass won't kill a family of four on the freeway so go get fucked already.

Lol...and what a good job you do. My point is wtf are you judging for? An opinion?

and I hope you never stop spreading ;)

bobvela
03-17-2013, 09:06 AM

You'll have to check with the some of those who are either pro or anti same sex marriage in the state of Washington (which was made legal via a ballot initiative in November).

Right... privilege... be it closing time or legal recognition of marriage... both far too often come down to being special dispensation from the government.

Of course... why should I depend on you or the government as to proscribe what rights I know I have or act upon? Let alone if I or anyone else limit myself in the exercising for my rights provided I do not deprive others (within reason) of theirs?

Ms.Stepford
03-17-2013, 09:11 AM
I think that's absolutely correct.

There are too many rights that have been taken away and been given back as privileges.

Why should the government have any say as to when adults can purchase alcohol?

Fuck, it's three AM I'm gonna go out for last call, cold be damned, because I can.

robertlouis
03-17-2013, 10:38 AM

~BB~

My idea of hell too BB.

robertlouis
03-17-2013, 10:39 AM

The shuttle flight up to SF!

Westheangelino
03-17-2013, 12:41 PM
What tourist attractions? Seriously? Let's just look at West Hollywood alone. The entire city of WeHo has 30,000 residents. That figure balloons to 250,000+ on Friday and Saturday nights due to people visiting the clubs of the Sunset Strip and Boy's town.

And, Jamie....who are we awful people supporting this? I really don't understand where you're coming from.

bulldog
03-17-2013, 01:53 PM
We cant do that in Wisconsin, we'd run out of alcohol.....

Quiet Reflections
03-17-2013, 07:56 PM
What? LA has worst transit system, the last train I think is like 12:30 or 1a now, so I highly doubt they would make it late!
That is odd to hear. I always thought that it would be pretty good since LA is so heavily populated.

BellaBellucci
03-17-2013, 09:35 PM
I thought you would be the one on stage LOL

Actually, when I'm hosting, I'm usually eyeing the door by midnight. :lol:

~BB~