PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim

Bigshot88
03-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Do we have any Skyrim players in the house? I am officially addicted to it. My character is a shaven headed, goateed nord warrior with Conanesque muscle and world-weary dark brown eyes. Much like myself in real life :D One little perk that sets the game apart from other similar games is that you can get married and adopt kids. Including gay marriage, which sets Skyrim ahead of the USA by a number of centuries. Unfortunately no tg marriage candidates, but who knows what future dlc's might include.

GroobyKrissy
03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Where have you been?

Hasn't Skyrim been out for a good six or seven months now? I played it straight through for about a month and then got bored. I think one of the things about the Oblivion series is that your character just gets too powerful, which ends up making the game just running around collecting stuff. Don't get me wrong... it is an awesome game but once your character basically maxes out, the DLC is too far and few between to keep it interesting.

Now working on Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider (just picked it up).

lordworm
03-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Skyrim has been out for almost a year and a half actually. It came out 11/11/11.

Anyway, I liked Morrowind the best, but yeah Skyrim is pretty good.

Bigshot88
03-10-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm not really what you'd call a constant gamer. If something looks good I'll give it a whirl. If not I can take it or leave it. But Skyrim really blew me away. I understand the complaint about the challenge factor, but it's really not that kind of game. I liken it to a choose your path adventure story. On Morrowind, I tried playing it but it just looked ridiculous next to Skyrim.

LibertyHarkness
03-10-2013, 08:15 PM
i love skyrim .. i currently doing dragorn born dlc ...

i have 4 characters and i play them in roleplay as well .. nerd i know haha ..

at moment i am playing my female necro/deathknight .. i use a 2h sword.. ebony chain.. and a big dirty 2hd deaddric 2h sword .. and i have a follower in same ..and i summon 2 x dremora lords to fight with me :) or summon zombies hehe rent a army :)

Bigshot88
03-10-2013, 08:57 PM
i love skyrim .. i currently doing dragorn born dlc ...

i have 4 characters and i play them in roleplay as well .. nerd i know haha ..

at moment i am playing my female necro/deathknight .. i use a 2h sword.. ebony chain.. and a big dirty 2hd deaddric 2h sword .. and i have a follower in same ..and i summon 2 x dremora lords to fight with me :) or summon zombies hehe rent a army :)

That pretty much touches what's so great about the game. You can be a powerful character in so many different ways. You can use nature and healing arts, or go the other way like Liberty and call upon the powers of darkness. My character is like Conan, mostly solitary and distrustful of magic and the arcane, but willing to team with all sorts of followers to accomplish his goals. Mostly buxom beautiful female characters. It's really an incredible exercise of creativity to make a character and craft its persona by the decisions you make. I'm basically a 2h sword wielding barbariann. Liberty, if you get the chance go for the stahlrim ore, it's an icelike metal that makes really powerful weapons found only in Solstheim. If you're a 2h swordmaiden, the stalhrim greatsword looks awesome.

LibertyHarkness
03-10-2013, 09:22 PM
i have some mad +40% 2hd damage enchants that give me 160% extra damage ... and my 2h is maxed out haha i hit very very hard :) xxx

I also play a paladin as well with dwarf armour, healing, 1h sword/mace and shield

then i have an archer and a thief/assassin from dark brotherhood :)

Gillian
03-10-2013, 09:53 PM
But have you hit the bear over a mountain yet?

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pA8R52b-1z0#t=1685s

Abartig
03-10-2013, 10:05 PM
On Morrowind, I tried playing it but it just looked ridiculous next to Skyrim.

Keep an eye on this: http://morroblivion.com/

Abartig
03-10-2013, 10:33 PM
then i have an archer and a thief/assassin from dark brotherhood :)

yeah, I need to go back (if I can find what save it happened at) or start over so I can play the Dark Brotherhood route. When it came up with my current character I took out Astrid and then the Dark Brotherhood.

LibertyHarkness
03-11-2013, 03:04 PM
my assassin with my deadric dagger and enchants , and shroud gloves . does like 15 x damage on a backstab when crouched haha , i can 1 hit kill basically anything if undectected lol

lordworm
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Stealth becomes very overpowered, very fast. I prefer playing mages.

LibertyHarkness
03-11-2013, 03:48 PM
but a good trick is this if its getting to easy, incrase the difficulty level :) x

shermanwt
03-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Skyrim is as addicting as crack. I've played through 4 times already and even tought myself how to mod and create armors. There's a great site called skyrimnexus.com that has a ton of mods for the game that make each playthrough that much different.

alizia
03-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I love Skyrim and I'm addicted to mod it too XD
I usually play with my assassin (bow + katana) just what I've really have in real life.

shermanwt
03-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Here's some armors I mashed up and made.

rockabilly
03-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Waiting for game of the year edition.

Bigshot88
03-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Here's some armors I mashed up and made.

That's pretty awesome. Can you mod it to give the girls dicks?

shermanwt
03-12-2013, 05:11 AM
That's pretty awesome. Can you mod it to give the girls dicks?

Thanks.

Actually, there are a few mods out already that do just that.