PDA

View Full Version : Save The World or End The World

Dino Velvet
03-05-2013, 04:46 AM
I can't live up to the standards of being a hero so I'm pulling the plug. Laters...

robertlouis
03-05-2013, 04:53 AM
I can't live up to the standards of being a hero so I'm pulling the plug. Laters...

This might be a bit deep, but couldn't they be the same thing? Hmmmmm? :geek:

BellaBellucci
03-05-2013, 04:59 AM
I'm with Maynard.

Tool - Ænema [uncut version - hq - fullscreen] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCEeAn6_QJo)

'Some women just want to watch the world burn.' ~Alfred Pennyworth (paraphrased)

~BB~

MrsKellyPierce
03-05-2013, 05:01 AM
I'd save the world, but hire others to do it.

BellaBellucci
03-05-2013, 05:03 AM
I'd save the world, but hire others to do it.

I'm pretty sure Alfred knows a guy. He's not the hero the world needs, but he's the one it deserves.

~BB~

MrsKellyPierce
03-05-2013, 05:05 AM
I'm pretty sure Alfred knows a guy. He's not the hero the world needs, but he's the one it deserves.

~BB~
Oh good references!

Merkurie
03-05-2013, 05:46 AM
I am here to save the Earth.

BellaBellucci
03-05-2013, 06:14 AM
I am here to save the Earth.

By destroying it, by any chance?! :lol:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8v8WY43Q9KOCbu1A7TdN2YDzQyrHp-UOxH0MbtpZZeZD8CQqj

~BB~

MdR Dave
03-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Ever hear of the Kill Everyone Project ?

Fun while it lasted.

robertlouis
03-05-2013, 06:47 AM
By destroying it, by any chance?! :lol:

~BB~

Like I said at #2, aren't saving and destroying pretty much the same thing anyway?

loren
03-05-2013, 06:54 AM

Save the world - I say, shit, let it burn.

Molly D'Vyne
03-05-2013, 08:59 AM
I'd save the world just to enjoy the lulz acquired from being the one that saved the world. And then when that wasn't fun anymore, destroy it... but I'd want to do it from a good vantage point. Guess I should look into astronaut training.

Stavros
03-05-2013, 10:38 AM
I guess it all depends on which world you live in, some after all, live in a world of their own..

Prospero
03-05-2013, 10:44 AM
"We had to destroy the village to save it."

I think the world is beyond salvation - but that shouldn't let us all stop trying.

RallyCola
03-05-2013, 02:06 PM
there is only 1 way to save this world...anoint me king of the world such that i may end international disputes by destroying borders, merging sovereign wealth and debts and installing one global currency. furthermore i would dissolve all present governments, work to prevent nepotism and cronyism everywhere and have democratic elections for new 'local' leaders.

without the threat of war and currency/debt debate, the only problems that may exist are social tolerance of each other because the manufactured issues that sovereignty and nationalism create would be moot.

short of that, blow this bitch up.

Prospero
03-05-2013, 02:11 PM
.. and what about the huge environmental issues we face, king of the world?

RallyCola
03-05-2013, 02:24 PM
.. and what about the huge environmental issues we face, king of the world?

the environmental issue we face is a secondary issue to the dearth in education.

i am a strong believer that PROPER education cures all...if we arm individuals with the correct information about the environment or any other issue (social or other) we can change perception. misinformation is the largest culprit about why things take so long to be addressed (if ever fixed).

beyond changing perception about the environmental issue, as king of the world, i'd mandate the end of the internal combustion engine in everyday use vehicles and support the use of electric cars. i'd mandate the use of clean nuclear power over coal and such...and with the globalization of the power grid and lack of political structures aimed at using nuclear power against other states, clean nuclear power for everyone. i'd mandate that despite nuclear power being widely used, that in any area feasible (i.e. 90% of the world) where geothermal, solar or wind power are viable, that 50% of the grid be fueled by those sources.

shit...if i were obama, knowing that i can't get re-elected, as a meager first step, i'd take the stance that any car sold in the US after 2020 (to give the manufacturers some time to innovate and implement) but at least be a hybrid, if not an electric car. by law...no more internal combustion engines getting drunk on foreign oil and emitting crap. it would be a hard sell on the public and congress and no doubt the auto makers would challenge it in court, but it is a step in the right direction.

speedking59
03-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoset.

RallyCola
03-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoset.

but there is no god

Wendy Summers
03-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I would claim my Tranny Awards outfit would prove I'm a hero, but the reality is...

I came here not to praise this world, but to bury it.

Prospero
03-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Many years ago the American poet Ezra pound - by then a convert to Fascism - described Europe as "An old bitch, gone in the teeth." You might extend that to the world perhaps?

speedking59
03-05-2013, 06:26 PM
but there is no god
i thought Joanna Jet was god.