PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh arrested on drug charges

White_Male_Canada
04-29-2006, 01:07 AM
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12536446/

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Rush Limbaugh reached a settlement with prosecutors Friday in a fraud case involving prescription painkillers, though the conservative radio commentator maintains his innocence.

Limbaugh turned himself in to authorities about 4 p.m. on a warrant for fraud to conceal information to obtain a prescription, the first charge in the nearly 3-year-old case, said Teri Barbera, a spokeswoman for the state attorney. He was released an hour later on $3,000 bail.

Limbaugh’s attorney, Roy Black, said his client and prosecutors reached a settlement on a charge of doctor shopping.

Under the deal, Limbaugh would eventually see the charge dismissed in 18 months if he continues treatment for drug addiction, Black said.

Limbaugh also must continue to seek treatment from the doctor he has seen for the past 2½ years, Black said.

Limbaugh entered a plea of not guilty in court Friday.

“Mr. Limbaugh and I have maintained from the start that there was no doctor shopping, and we continue to hold this position,” Black said in an e-mailed statement.

Prosecutors began investigating Limbaugh in 2003 after a tabloid newspaper reported that his housekeeper said he had used her to illegally buy painkillers. He soon took a five-week leave from his radio show to enter a rehabilitation program.

Prosecutors seized Limbaugh’s records after learning that he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion. They contended that Limbaugh engaged in “doctor shopping,” or illegally deceived multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions.

Limbaugh acknowledged he became addicted to pain medication, blaming it on severe back pain.

According to Black, Limbaugh also has agreed to make a $30,000 payment to the state to defray the public cost of the investigation. The agreement also provides that he must refrain from violating the law during this 18 months, must pay $30 per month for the cost of supervision and comply with other similar provisions of the agreement.

A l w a y s O n
04-29-2006, 01:27 AM
Rush Limbaugh, another Republican phony. He can go suck a hard she-cock... he'd enjoy it just as much as the rest of us.

White_Male_Canada
04-29-2006, 01:59 AM
http://cbs2.com/topstories/topstories_story_118182917.html

Felicia Katt
04-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Rush Limbaugh, another Republican phony. He can go suck a hard she-cock... he'd enjoy it just as much as the rest of us.

There’s nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up. What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we’re not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.”
- Rush Limbaugh, Oct. 5, 1995

FK

specialk
04-29-2006, 03:28 AM

There’s nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up. What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we’re not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.”
- Rush Limbaugh, Oct. 5, 1995

FK

I Luuuuvvvv this girl!!!!!!!

Trogdor
04-29-2006, 04:37 AM
Hey, Rush.......hope you can swim, fatboy. :mrgreen:

Hugh Jarrod
04-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer douche bag.

Felicia Katt
04-30-2006, 02:13 AM
I want to let you read along with me a quote from Jerry Colangelo about substance abuse, and I think you'll find that he's very much right…"I know every expert in the world will disagree with me, but I don't buy into the disease part of it. The first time you reach for a substance you are making a choice. Every time you go back, you are making a personal choice. I feel very strongly about that."...

What he's saying is that if there's a line of cocaine here, I have to make the choice to go down and sniff it….And his point is that we are rationalizing all this irresponsibility and all the choices people are making and we're blaming not them, but society for it. All these Hollywood celebrities say the reason they're weird and bizarre is because they were abused by their parents. So we're going to pay for that kind of rehab, too, and we shouldn't. It's not our responsibility. It's up to the people who are doing it. And Colangelo is right

Rush Limbaugh (9/23/93)

Rush is a major hypocrite. He claims he was taking drugs as "medication" for his bad back, but the prescribed dose of Oxycontin, which is known as "hillbilly heroin", is one tablet every twelve hours,which is usually sufficient to relieve severe pain. Limbaugh purchased two thousand during a 6 month month period in 2001—enough to soothe his back troubles for 3 years. He was taking over 30 different pain pills per day. And this is is third stint at rehab, not his first. Does anyone here think he would get that many strikes if he were caught with a three year supply of pot?

FK

specialk
04-30-2006, 02:28 AM
Too bad the prick got off with a slap on the wrist! Rich, politically connected white guy syndrome strikes again.

chefmike
04-30-2006, 02:42 AM
It's no surprise, considering what the chimp-in-chief has gotten away with in the past...

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-07,GGLG:en&q=bush+and+cocaine

skweetis
04-30-2006, 02:59 AM
I take painkillers, but I'm not an asshole idiot like Rush Limbaugh.

I used to be on Methadone, the guy I bought them from stole my money, got the pills and committed suicide with them. It scared me to death.

I'm planning on going to rehab this summer...

White_Male_Canada
04-30-2006, 03:23 AM
I take painkillers, but I'm not an asshole idiot like Rush Limbaugh.

I used to be on Methadone, the guy I bought them from stole my money, got the pills and committed suicide with them. It scared me to death.

I'm planning on going to rehab this summer...

You mean you`re a leftist and not on the right ?

As for the drugs. We have to be carefull here and differeniate between the use of recreational drugs used for pleasure/escape and prescription drugs used to alleviate pain.

In your case you are obviously are not using methadone for kicks on a saturday night. Likewise Limbaugh had numerous spinal surgeries,the last being unsuccessful. Oxycontin being a highly addictive and a step below moriphine is not something to be triffled with.

In the Grip of a Deeper Pain
by Jerry Adler, Newsweek

They were invented to stop pain, the kind that travels up the spinal cord, and they’re remarkably effective at it: the synthetic opioids developed since the 1970s can mute the agony of slipped disks, deteriorating joints, tooth decay and even terminal cancer.

IF THAT WAS ALL they did, then it wouldn’t be much of a problem; most people acquire the drugs innocently enough by prescription and take them only as long as they need to, and even the risk of dependence may be worth running, if the alternative is lifelong pain

http://www.opiates.com/media/oxycontin-addiction-nw.html

Quinn
04-30-2006, 05:07 AM
Too bad the prick got off with a slap on the wrist! Rich, politically connected white guy syndrome strikes again.

I couldn't agree more with the first part of your message; however, I'm only in partial agreement with the second part. It's not just rich, politically connected white guys who get off easily; it's rich guys, of any race, who get off easily.

So long as your attorney is good enough, you can do just about anything you want in this country.

-Quinn

flabbybody
04-30-2006, 02:05 PM
I gaurantee you the prick who ran Enron and stole all the employee's money from their 401K's will not do time.

For a wealthy white Chritian male to do hard time in the USA he'd have to blow someone's brains out in front of 50 witnesses. and even then...

Realgirls4me
04-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I gaurantee you the prick who ran Enron and stole all the employee's money from their 401K's will not do time.

For a wealthy white Chritian male to do hard time in the USA he'd have to blow someone's brains out in front of 50 witnesses. and even then...

This brings to mind the heir from Dupont who shot a wrestler several years back somewhere back east. Did he get off ? I've forgotten.

... I wonder if genius/looneytoon Phil Spector will get off for killing that actress/model ?

Felicia Katt
04-30-2006, 08:15 PM
This brings to mind the heir from Dupont who shot a wrestler several years back somewhere back east. Did he get off ? I've forgotten.

... I wonder if genius/looneytoon Phil Spector will get off for killing that actress/model ?

During DuPont's trial it was determined that he was mentally ill. He was found guilty of third degree murder and sentenced to up to 30 years in prison or a mental institution; whichever best fits his mental state until he completes his sentence. He was also required to reimburse Delaware $742,107 for trial costs.

FK

flabbybody
04-30-2006, 08:21 PM
the Tyco guy with the $16,000 shower curtain is in jail. some Fed prison for white collar criminals. tennis courts and private showers. not exactly rikers. I mean is there a difference between robbing a liquore store in the Bronx and stealing millions of dollars from shareholders? why are there different jails?

Quinn
04-30-2006, 09:24 PM
I mean is there a difference between robbing a liquore store in the Bronx and stealing millions of dollars from shareholders? why are there different jails?

I realize that I'm stating the obvious, but, like many things, it all comes down to money. A guy who has a position that allows him to steal many millions of dollars usually already has millions of dollars. Conversely, a guy who robs a liquor store does not. One presents an adversary who can make a prosecutor's life a living hell; the merely presents an opportunity for target practice. Money equals the means to determine and shape reality. Unfortunately, fair has nothing to do with it and never will.

-Quinn