PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Plz Help With My Android Device?

nysprod
02-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi-I have an android phone with wi-fi and have no probs getting onto every website except BP here in NYC...I keep getting a message that the webpage is not available when of course it is. This only started happening a few weeks ago...been cruising NY BP for several years with the same device.

The weird thing is that when I go out of town I can access it, but I can't as long as I'm in NYC.

Tried different browsers (Firefox, Dolphin) with the same result...can't be a parental control issue either.

Thanks

RallyCola
02-27-2013, 01:16 PM
i am running ICS on my droid on verizon and have no problem getting to backpage.

Willie Escalade
02-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Get the Backpage app...if its available on Android...

GroobyKrissy
02-27-2013, 01:19 PM
I think some pages just have bugs in their code for certain devices...

I have the same problems on my iPad every once in a while where I can access a site on all other mobile devices but it will take forever to load on it. The same goes for my Surface tablet and my Nexus 7. I think there are just so many mobile devices that all require their own coding sometimes something gets left out on accident by the developers / designers.

Certainly sounds like a device specific issue. BP probably changed something in their code. Have you checked with someone else with your specific device to see if they're experiencing the same issue?

nysprod
02-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'll check them out.

1stbutnotlast
02-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll check them out.

Not sure if you got the issue sorted, but you may want to check out the BP app. Been using it for awhile and works ok, some bugs, so I guess YMMV, worth a try if nothing else:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mogulsoftware.android.BackPageCruis er&hl=en

kukm4
02-28-2013, 04:35 AM
Have you tried using a diff. User Agent on the browser?
See if that helps any.

For Dolphin these are the steps to make the changes.

nysprod
02-28-2013, 06:00 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate the help and the time you guys put in...I'll give them a try and let you know!