PDA

View Full Version : Movies That Everyone Has Seen Except You

Dino Velvet
02-17-2013, 08:27 PM
ET
Star Wars(any of them)
Titanic

I have seen every Horror film from Italy worth seeing and most that aren't too.
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/My_Farts_Cause_Global_Warming/zombie2redvy6wt4.gif

Rusty Eldora
02-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Nearly all that won the Academy Awards but including:
The English inPatient
Kevin Costners - Water World, Postman, For Love of the Game, JFK
I did see and like Robin Hood and the Untouchables, hated Dances Wolves
Most Oliver Stone Movies

give me Eastwood and Harrison Ford movies anyday. And of course Dino's avatar - Bronson.

RallyCola
02-17-2013, 09:52 PM
I do not see most "art-house"/award type films such as the aforementioned 'The English Patient' or 'The Artist' for example....so that eliminates at least 2/3 of the movies that get nominated by the academy.

i see most big budget, wide releases and have been watching these movies since the early 90s when i started dating and going to movies with friends.

that said, there are many "staples" of american cinema (movie that are on the AFI top 100 list) that most people have seen that i have not. Some notable titles are

scarface
godfather 2
taxi driver
casablanca

but that said, out of AFI's top 100 movies, I have seen 31 of them so clearly there is a long list of very popular movies that others have seen that i have not.

Stavros
02-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Having suffered Katherine Hepburn in The African Queen and also The Lion in Winter, I detest her to such an extent I have never seen any of the so-called 'classic comedies' with Spencer Tracy and Cary Grant, like Bringing Up Baby; Adam's Rib etc.

I have never seen any of the Friday the 13th films or any of the slasher movies like Scream (1-23) or the Twilight films -as I cannot understand the appeal of vampires I haven't seen any of that kind of film, and dot expect to in this lifetime. I also avoid films aimed at the teenage marked like I know what you did this summer, last summer and the summer before that...

martin48
02-17-2013, 10:56 PM
The Matrix - I know bad

Willie Escalade
02-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Pretty much any movie released within the last two years...

MrsKellyPierce
02-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Princess Bride

dabaldone
02-17-2013, 11:38 PM
The Godfather Trilogy. Never seen any of them.

Merkurie
02-17-2013, 11:56 PM
The Lion King

Quiet Reflections
02-18-2013, 12:06 AM
The Usual Suspect

Odelay
02-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Fast and Furious + all sequels. Although the thread about Michelle Rodriguez makes me think maybe I missed something.

Prospero
02-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Anything by Jud Apatow. Animal House. ANone of the Rambo or Rocky films or the Die hard franchise.And oddly, no full length Charlie Chaplin movies.

altstu2
02-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Titanic...the boat sinks, it was in all the papers...story over

Willie Escalade
02-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Titanic...the boat sinks, it was in all the papers...story over
The REAL action began as soon as those chunks of ice hit the deck. You KNEW all hell was about to break loose haha :)

Dino Velvet
02-18-2013, 02:25 AM
I do not see most "art-house"/award type films such as the aforementioned 'The English Patient' or 'The Artist' for example....so that eliminates at least 2/3 of the movies that get nominated by the academy.

i see most big budget, wide releases and have been watching these movies since the early 90s when i started dating and going to movies with friends.

that said, there are many "staples" of american cinema (movie that are on the AFI top 100 list) that most people have seen that i have not. Some notable titles are

scarface
godfather 2
taxi driver
casablanca

but that said, out of AFI's top 100 movies, I have seen 31 of them so clearly there is a long list of very popular movies that others have seen that i have not.

Add Casablanca to my list. Still have never seen a Bogart film but I did see Robert Mitchum in The Big Sleep(don't kill me). I'm a big Mitchum fan.

The Matrix - I know bad

That too. None of them.

Pretty much any movie released within the last two years...

I hear 'ya. I enjoy today's TV shows better than most movies out. I saw Zero Dark Thirty but it had been about a year since I had been to the movies before that.

Stavros
02-18-2013, 04:21 AM
Add Casablanca to my list. Still have never seen a Bogart film but I did see Robert Mitchum in The Big Sleep(don't kill me). I'm a big Mitchum fan.

Dino this is truly astonishing -Bogart is not just better than Mitchum in the original Big Sleep, he is far superior as an actor -he did make some turkeys, they all did in those days, but I urge you to dip your toes in the water on this one. Try The Maltese Falcon, Key Largo, High Sierra, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, the acting is superb.

Dino Velvet
02-18-2013, 04:35 AM
Dino this is truly astonishing -Bogart is not just better than Mitchum in the original Big Sleep, he is far superior as an actor -he did make some turkeys, they all did in those days, but I urge you to dip your toes in the water on this one. Try The Maltese Falcon, Key Largo, High Sierra, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, the acting is superb.

Think I'm going to get a Bogart DVD set. I'm really bad on older movies other than Horror.

Merkurie
02-18-2013, 04:41 AM
Dino I think you are missing out on some of these movies like the first Matrix film. Have you seen "Night of the Hunter" ?
http://www.burnaway.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sjff_01_img0347.jpg
I think you would like it.

Dino Velvet
02-18-2013, 05:03 AM
Have you seen "Night of the Hunter" ?
http://www.burnaway.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/sjff_01_img0347.jpg
I think you would like it.

Oh yeah. That and Cape Fear. Weird seeing Shelley Winters not being an obnoxious whale.

robertlouis
02-18-2013, 05:27 AM
I tend to avoid anything likely to attract fidgety teenagers with buckets of popcorn, bad hygiene and the habit of talking through the film.

In other words, anything with loud noises, guns, too much CGI and bad acting.

So you can include almost everything produced in Hollywood after the last golden age of the 70s. I've missed them all.

maxpower
02-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Citizen Kane
It's A Wonderful Life
Gone With The Wind
Ben-Hur
Ten Commandments
Gandhi
The Goonies

jaydubb
02-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Goonies

francisfkudrow
02-18-2013, 08:33 AM
ET, The Blue Lagoon, Dr. Strangelove, Deliverance, The Magnificent Seven, An American Werewolf in London, Doctor Zhivago

maxpower
02-18-2013, 08:38 AM
I've never seen Lawrence of Arabia, either.

Prospero
02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Robert louis - tht is way too sweeping.

Stavros - you're quite right re Bogart. I suggest Dino you check out the best asap. Realy terrific films.
And among them the erotic tension between Bogart and Bacall in "To Have and Have Not" is great.

To Have and Have Not - you do know how to whistle - 12-22-08 8 41 AM - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Ay727EYzw)

Dino Velvet
02-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Never seen any kind of Disney animation for children. Was watching Horror Films with my dad since I was a toddler. Thought Dracula was the good guy until about 9 years old when a friend's dad let me know.

StinkyPete1000
02-18-2013, 08:04 PM
The Big Lebowski
Coming to America

txjr3
02-19-2013, 12:18 AM
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest