PDA

View Full Version : Movie Making Software??

El Nino
02-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Hey yall, my dog just passed away and I want to take all the short clips I have of him on my hard drive and string them together to make a longer video... maybe add some music, etc. I have a lot of experience working with graphics but none at all working with movie making software. Anybody here have any recommendations of which one to use? And are there any decent free ones? Would love to hear back, thanks!

Jericho
02-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Virtualdub

kukm4
02-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Windows Movie maker.

I think this guide is for the older Movie maker found on Windows XP
Movie Maker Video Editing Tutorial - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZXK68NS7gU)

For vista/windows 7 I think its Movie Maker 2.6

saifan
02-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Movie Maker is very easy to use.

Sorry for your loss!

Bunzee
02-16-2013, 11:15 PM
the best free movie making software is called KDENLIVE and it's on Linux, so you have to install a dual-boot of Ubuntu in order to run it.

there is no good free video editing software on windows, unfortunately, and i've tried a lot.

on mac there is finalcutpro ...

fivekatz
02-16-2013, 11:19 PM
For the Mac there is also iMovie which is much less expensive than Final Cut, easier to use too.

RallyCola
02-16-2013, 11:31 PM
in all seriousness...for what you are asking about, Windows Movie Maker or iMovie (depending on your platform) is all you will need. they are both idiot proof software with no learning curve and produce decent results for free. Other free software do have a bit more of a learning curve or are buggy. Idk if you want to invest in a paid program or not.

francisfkudrow
02-17-2013, 08:34 AM
I find Windows Movie Maker quite cumbersome to work with. Too often it thinks it's making something easier for you when it's actually making it harder. Sony Vegas Movie Studio is reasonably priced and better.

El Nino
02-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks for all the info, peeps. ;)

william.howl
02-19-2013, 05:03 PM
If you are willing to spend money, Adobe Premiere Pro ($799.00) is truly excellent. It does have a learning curve,though, and you might want to subscribe to lynda.com to take one of their courses (about $30.00).

Willie Escalade
02-19-2013, 05:19 PM
I use iMovie on my iPad when I want to combine clips shot with my iPhone...easy and straight to the point.

EZWind
02-20-2013, 02:58 AM
francis is right bout the Windows Movie Maker....the price may be right...zero...but it's a pain in the ass and freezes up constantly
I got a copy of Sony Vegas for about 100 bucks and it's very versatile and easy to master....you can have multiple sound tracks for voice overs and music...also multiple video tracks for double exposures, etc...you can also zoom and crop and stretch the clip for slo-mo and even add text for titles....most fun 100 bones I ever spent on software