PDA

View Full Version : father kills drunk who killed his 2 sons

bat1
02-14-2013, 01:18 AM
A drunk kills your 2 sons would you go grab a gun and kill him?

HOUSTON, TX (KTRK/CNN) - A Texas father has been jailed on murder charges after allegedly shooting and killing a drunk driver who crashed into his truck and killed both his sons.

The boys were pushing David Barajas' stalled pickup when driver Jose Banda rear-ended the vehicle. One of the boys died at the scene. The other died at the hospital.

Barajas is accused of going to his home, grabbing his gun and killing Banda at the accident scene.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/21137984/texas-father-accused-of-murdering-drunk-driver-who-killed-his-sons

RallyCola
02-14-2013, 01:20 AM
nope. if you kill someone i care about, shooting you is too easy. i'd be far more inventive, make it last for an insufferable period of time, and exact revenge on those you care about the most.

Chaos
02-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Go home to grab a gun? Nope. Right there on the spot,bare hands....maybe a rock or tire iron or whatever is handy...

GroobySteven
02-14-2013, 01:44 AM
The fact that he was drunk and driving ... yeah I would have killed him.

Dino Velvet
02-14-2013, 01:51 AM
If somebody killed my kids I'd go apeshit even if it was an accident. That being said, I feel a touch hypocritical because I used to drink and drive in my 20s. If I killed someone someone shoulda done me too. I finally smartened up.

iagodelgado
02-14-2013, 02:46 AM
Guilty. But I would've done it too.

Willie Escalade
02-14-2013, 03:38 AM
nope. if you kill someone i care about, shooting you is too easy. i'd be far more inventive, make it last for an insufferable period of time, and exact revenge on those you care about the most.
This right here.
:iagree:

envivision
02-14-2013, 04:23 AM
"An eye for an eye leave all blind"

Wise words by our lord and savior: Jesus.

RadiusDark
02-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Just a horrible situation.

I hate that anyone gets put in the situation that father was put in. Nothing he could have done would be good enough to replace his sons.

His sons had been with him more than a third of his life, but he has two more kids I believe. Now he has to be taken to jail and his other two kids have to go on without him, a father who obviously loves his kids.

Horrible. Words can not describe or do justice to the plight that man faced.

He lost two of his kids, his two other kids and wife (I guess) lost their father & husband, and he's got to suffer prison and the loss of his kids? The situation that man is in is unfathomable!

bzzzay
02-14-2013, 07:46 AM
"An eye for an eye leave all blind"

Wise words by our lord and savior: Jesus.

Not Jesus, lol.

I remember learning in college that in ancient Rome (I think it was Rome) the penalty for crimes committed while under the influence was double what someone would receive who was sober for the same crime. Intoxication wasn't seen as the excuse that some use it for today.

BBaggins06
02-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by RallyCola

This right here.
:iagree:

Isn't that what Chris Dorner tried to do?

CORVETTEDUDE
02-14-2013, 08:19 AM
I carry so, I would not have had to go home.

flabbybody
02-15-2013, 12:19 AM
Guilty. But I would've done it too.
That will be determined by a jury. But based on the facts, the dad needs to be arrested and charged with murder.
Thank you google. No need for a law degree to understand the 2 simple criteria that both must be satisfied to be considered justifiable homicide.
1) sufficient evidence to suggest that it was reasonable to believe that the offending party (the drunk driver) posed an imminent threat to the life or well being of other(s)
2) sufficient evidence of offending party's intent to commit harm to other (s)

face it, this was a revenge murder. The guy will have his proverbial day in court and likely benefit from a sympathetic judge and jury and if he walks or gets a light sentence I won't have a problem with that. But justifiable homicide..... not according to the way the law defines it.