PDA

View Full Version : the whole world is a scam ..EBAY beware!

bat1
02-13-2013, 02:33 AM
Seems like everywhere you turn there's a scam going on

beware of EBAY..it's full of them and also Craigslist ..

I got taken for $500.00 buying a car on EBAY and the guy does not even own
yet! He's like send me the remaining $8000.00 Then I will pay for the car then I will need to get the title in my name at DMV then I will send the title to you
I'm LIKE HELL NO! your fucking nuts! give me my 500 back!
he told me to piss off! Now I have to fight with EBAY to get my money back!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/s-/140915106276?_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_636wt_1166

bellamy
02-13-2013, 02:36 AM
I really hope you used paypal to transfer the money. If you did it goes into an escrow account until everything is finalized and it is simply returned if the seller misrepresented any part of the sale and you are not satisfied

bat1
02-13-2013, 06:20 AM
I really hope you used paypal to transfer the money. If you did it goes into an escrow account until everything is finalized and it is simply returned if the seller misrepresented any part of the sale and you are not satisfied

EBAY is linked with paypal now EBAY is looking into the matter right now

Bunzee
02-13-2013, 06:27 AM
the US is full of scammers you gotta use your common sense, check and double check everything if you have the slightest suspicious

go immediately to your local law enforcement, this is a criminal matter, its pretty easy to find the other person, how did you pay them exactly? check? paypal?

lifeisfiction
02-13-2013, 07:45 AM
I am sorry to hear your plight. I hope you get back your money furthermore I see the car you’re buying is a water-damaged car.

Avoid water damage vehicles since they tend to have damage that is not apparent on initial inspection. Many times people who are selling water/flood damage cars know that these cars are worthless. They cannot be fixed and for the few that can be the fixed the cost is worth more than the car new. In fact faulty computer components become difficult to detect. So you can have major issues that are discoverable when the problem arises. In some cases the manufacturers would have destroyed them anyways, and insurances will get rid of them knowing full well the cars will fall apart. In addition always make sure the title the car is clear if possible or that the title of the car can be transferred to another state and re-issued as a salvage/rebuilt and above all no matter what a person tells you, you can never get a clean title.

I wish you best on your future car searches and hopefully that guy will pay (cash) for his deceit.

lifeisfiction
02-13-2013, 07:48 AM
the US is full of scammers you gotta use your common sense, check and double check everything if you have the slightest suspicious

go immediately to your local law enforcement, this is a criminal matter, its pretty easy to find the other person, how did you pay them exactly? check? paypal?

Everywhere is full of scammers, use your common sense and always be cautious.

jessicamoore
02-13-2013, 07:59 AM
why would you buy a car on ebay
someone wasnt useing their brain
ebay isnt a scam you sometimes get the opposite
of the description but i would never buy a car
doesnt paypal hold the funds

runround04
02-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Sorry that ya lost some money, but a flood car sight unseen?! What were you thinkin!!

If a deal is to good to be true, it probably is. Best of luck gettin your money back.

rambo3
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM

yet! He's like send me the remaining $8000.00 Then I will pay for the car then I will need to get the title in my name at DMV then I will send the title to you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/s-/140915106276?_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_636wt_1166
A simple VIN check, shows that the car is a salvage WATER/FLOOD.
Sign of a life time of electrical problems. AVOID.
Don't waste yor time with the Police, nothing will get done.
Your best bet is e-bay, which I have my doubts.

bluesoul
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
but a flood car sight unseen?! What were you thinkin!!

probably how to impress this anonymous girl (http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=74942)

littletwink
02-13-2013, 10:08 PM

That was not a smart thing to do.