PDA

View Full Version : People are stupid!

Protoman2050@gmail.com
02-09-2013, 06:02 AM
People are stupid: http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/02/08/trans-woman-student-abused-and-shoved-out-of-toilets-at-leeds-university/

That tgirl who was attacked was me, BTW.

Bunzee
02-09-2013, 09:52 AM
why didn't u just kick their ass and follow up with the complaint? ppl can get reprimanded and kicked out of university for this stuff, only punishment can teach these types of people their lesson

robertlouis
02-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Weird. Hope you're ok. You somehow expect universities to be more enlightened than other places. Oh well.

Prospero
02-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Alexis... sorry to hear that. Stupidity and prejudice is there right across the board - among young and old - sadly.

noble1337
02-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Hearing this shit always pisses me off. I have no idea what you're goin through, but I hope you feel better very soon

yodajazz
02-09-2013, 12:42 PM
People are stupid: http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/02/08/trans-woman-student-abused-and-shoved-out-of-toilets-at-leeds-university/

That tgirl who was attacked was me, BTW.

You are right. Some people are stupid. But if the story is accurate, two people may have learned something. And if they did, perhaps they can teach something to others, too. So it could mean that you being true to your gender expression, has helped to make the world, (or two people, at least) better. You have the high ground now, as long as you continue to believe that ignorance can be overcome by knowledge. Those two owe you, for not throwing the book at them. Don't fall into the trap of following ignorance into the mud. Thanks much for making us aware of this incident. Stay in touch with us, and your own feelings. Feel free to express what's on your mind. You might find some understanding here.

GroobySteven
02-09-2013, 01:04 PM
I've got a few issues with this actually.

"I know better than anyone that I don’t look like a girl yet."

"It’s wrong for a natural-born girl to insult a trans girl, especially one who prefers to dress more masculine, simply because she likes to. We’re doing the best we can"

So a) you don't look like a girl and b) you dress masculine.

I'm not criticizing the way you choose to lead your life - but without having someone wear a badge or a pass stating "I'm a transgender" it sounds to me like someone who "doesn't look like a girl" AND "dresses masculine" AND is not a "natural born girl" probably doesn't belong in a girls toilet. I'm all for special bathrooms that are non-gender specific.

I certainly wouldn't want someone looking like you've described following my mother, wife or daughter into a woman's bathroom. How long have you been on hormones? When you say you don't look like a girl, were you fully made up/hair?

It would be another side of the coin if "two girls were molested by a transvestite in a woman's bathroom at Leeds Uni".

iagodelgado
02-09-2013, 01:14 PM
^^^^ Ditto.

Jericho
02-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Anyone else amused by

a forum for the Students’ Union passed a motion to introduce gender-neutral toilets.

GroobySteven
02-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Anyone else amused by

"We're the People's Front of Judea"

bluesoul
02-09-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm not criticizing the way you choose to lead your life - but without having someone wear a badge or a pass stating "I'm a transgender" it sounds to me like someone who "doesn't look like a girl" AND "dresses masculine" AND is not a "natural born girl" probably doesn't belong in a girls toilet. I'm all for special bathrooms that are non-gender specific.

+1 although i'm not sure how i feel about non-gender specific bathrooms. at least, i don't think i'd be comfortable having my gf go into one

GroobySteven
02-09-2013, 10:54 PM
+1 although i'm not sure how i feel about non-gender specific bathrooms. at least, i don't think i'd be comfortable having my gf go into one

Often Starbucks and smaller restaurants have "one stall" toilets.

sucka4chix
02-10-2013, 12:10 AM
Many people here are so quick to jump on the rights bandwagon without considering consequences. What is to stop me from walking in to a ladies bathroom and claiming I'm tg or I feel like a woman on the inside??? You have to draw the line SOMEWHERE. I'm not trying to draw the line, just pointing out the importance of having one AND the difficulty in finding one everyone can agree with.