PDA

View Full Version : Huff Post has 40 transsexual pioneers article

GroobySteven
02-06-2013, 04:43 PM
Well worth a few minutes of your time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/monica-beverly-hillz-transgender_n_2617975.html#slide=1777429

TS Evelyn Summers
02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Just WOW....VERY Interesting read!

Thank You for posting!

Remy757Photog
02-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Decent article, I never got into the show myself, but I do like that they didn't disqualify her simply because she is trans.

saifan
02-07-2013, 12:35 AM
Decent article, I never got into the show myself, but I do like that they didn't disqualify her simply because she is trans.

Yeah. As a fan of the show though it just seems weird. And I never knew there was a offshoot of drag that included women. Not sure what the appeal is. Not really an illusion anymore; just a girl getting glammed up.

Remy757Photog
02-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Yeah. As a fan of the show though it just seems weird. And I never knew there was a offshoot of drag that included women. Not sure what the appeal is. Not really an illusion anymore; just a girl getting glammed up.

Well I know trans women that do drag performance and it's usually a culture unto itself, that doesn't necessarily make one a drag queen, as most performers in my area are transsexuals. Far as I knew this particular show was more geared toward the drag queens in particular. I never liked the idea that mainstream America would watch this show and lump trans women in the drag queen (part timers) crowd.

saifan
02-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Well I know trans women that do drag performance and it's usually a culture unto itself, that doesn't necessarily make one a drag queen, as most performers in my area are transsexuals. Far as I knew this particular show was more geared toward the drag queens in particular. I never liked the idea that mainstream America would watch this show and lump trans women in the drag queen (part timers) crowd.

I agree 100%.

fivekatz
02-07-2013, 04:32 AM
ESPN Films did a great documentary on Renee Richards and what she went through in her transition.

It amazes me at moments how much more often the general public talks about trans gender and at moments question how much of that is I have become aware of the conversation and how much is a true increase.

ed_jaxon
02-07-2013, 04:57 AM
Monica is cute as hell without her makeup. Had never seen her that way before.

TSMichelleAustin
02-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Great article but there are so many trans women who do drag... so it's nice to see she wasn't banned! Its nice to see my friend Eden Lane make the top trans people!

APD2
02-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Well worth a few minutes of your time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/monica-beverly-hillz-transgender_n_2617975.html#slide=1777429

Eh.No Coccinelle,April Ashley,Candy Darling,Jackie Curtis,Holly Woodlawn,Jan Morris or Caroline Cossey on the list.....

Wendy Carlos and Amanda Lear have denied being transgendered.So I guess they can't be put in.

There seem to be a disproportionate number of transsexual in electronics or computing.Matine Rothblatt,who invented satellite radio was on the list.

Not mentioned was Sophie/Roger Wilson,who helped design the BBC Acorn microprocessor and the instruction set of the ARM architecture, found in most modern smartphones.