PDA

View Full Version : Transfix TV

Willie Escalade
02-05-2013, 03:41 AM
https://www.facebook.com/TransfixTv

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1827307797/transfix?ref=recently_launched

Transfix is a new documentary series that explores the lives of Transgender Women in their own words. We filmed Season One in Los Angeles.

Over this past year, the women of Transfix have told us their incredible and unbelievably honest stories that will surprise and inspire you. Transfix gives these women a collective voice that tells a universal story of struggle, triumph, humanity and love that will, at times, leave you speechless.

Why Kickstarter?
The first 13 episodes (Season One) of Transfix are entering post production. We want to continue producing this series independently, outside of the Hollywood system.

Our series lets these women tell their stories in their own words. We hear their truth, their reality. This is not the typical reality show intent on locking these women in a house to fight, or compete for prizes. Their real stories are so much more interesting!

With you on our Team, we can complete Season One of Transfix this Spring 2013 - just three months from completion of funding!

nysprod
02-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Looks interesting...assuming you reach your funding goal and complete your production, how will it be distributed?

Willie Escalade
02-05-2013, 06:54 AM
I'm not the one doing it...my friend Aubrey is. I'll look into that though.

Prospero
02-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Crowd sourcing ... it's a way forward. Hope it works out for you. As to the content? It seems to focus pretty squarely on the highly visible club scene end of the spectrum and not on the larger, but largely invisible, section of the transgender population who are living and coping quietly with their lives. But hey - if it changes hearts and minds.

nysprod
02-05-2013, 02:57 PM
I personally like documentaries and basically have no interest in the reality show format however, if you're talking about trying to reach the widest possible audience then reality is the way forward...lowest common denominator and all that...

That being said, from what I've seen so far it looks to be an excellent production.