PDA

View Full Version : I Am No Man

Tika
02-04-2013, 07:13 PM
So there's a local to my city Facebook group for transgender people. Most of the posts seem to be by this one girl who was born female, ID's as bi, and is "poly". She also posts most of the content in the group.

Yesterday I was in a weird mood, so I posted a picture of Eowyn from Lord of the Rings where she's about to fight the chief Nazgul. Underneath it I put the "I am no man" quote. Being MtF trans, I didn't think it needed any explanation.

"What does this have to do with the trans group?" "I don't get it, Lord of the Rings is related how?" etc. were the comments I ended up seeing.

I asked if the responders were kidding and apparently no, they weren't. They really didn't understand what the quote meant in a trans context and were confused as to why I thought Lord of the Rings was relevant. The two people responding were both born female, one's androgynous and going by "Victor" and the other is mentioned above.

Are they completely retarded or did I just go over people's heads? Sorry if this is a bit rambling/out of nowhere but I'm really wondering wtf. Thanks for any replies/insight!

Donkey
02-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Not everyone watches Lord Of The Rings.

Jericho
02-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Maybe your just a fucking geek!
Not saying you are, but... :shrug

bluesoul
02-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Are they completely retarded or did I just go over people's heads? Sorry if this is a bit rambling/out of nowhere but I'm really wondering wtf. Thanks for any replies/insight!

actually i also do see the relevance. i think a woman masquerading as a man during a war is a little different from someone feeling they were born in the wrong gender/body