PDA

View Full Version : Sonos ?

GroobySteven
01-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Anybody have a Sonos system?

If so, how do you rate it? Mainly would just like to play my catalogue on Itunes and Spotify.
What bits do you have?

kukm4
01-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Dont have one but here is a Review of Play 3 and Play 5 units.
Hope it helps.

My home SONOS system - multi room - Hands on Review. PLAY 3, PLAY 5, CONNECT, BRIDGE & DOCK - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlpdcucT948)

RallyCola
01-25-2013, 10:46 PM
if what you are after is a small system that wirelessly connects across different rooms, its a good system. 2 in my office have it set up (play3). however, there is minimal bass response and i am not impressed with the overall quality of sound of the play3.

joffen84
01-26-2013, 02:17 AM
I have the SONOS connect, use it to stream music to my HIFI...im very happy with the ease of use..... for best sound quality, i invested in a D/A-converter

can control it from your pc or and android/apple phone/tablet,

i think play 5 sounds greate...now there is also a sonos sub

RallyCola
01-26-2013, 05:11 AM
I have the SONOS connect, use it to stream music to my HIFI...im very happy with the ease of use..... for best sound quality, i invested in a D/A-converter

can control it from your pc or and android/apple phone/tablet,

i think play 5 sounds greate...now there is also a sonos sub

i have never heard the play 5 but it does have larger drivers and a woofer so i suspect it isn't as hollow sounding as the play 3. speakers are a very sore spot for me because i'm very picky when it comes to driver selection and the bass response you actually get from smaller drivers.

how you are using your connect seems like the best compromise because you get the wireless connectivity of the sonos system, but you don't need to use their speaker modules.

GroobySteven
01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Thanks !