PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl 2013 -Question

Stavros
01-21-2013, 07:59 PM
I read in the papers that this year's Superbowl will be a contest between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens. I don't know much about it but it occurs to me -What is in this Superbowl? Fruit?

Dino Velvet
01-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Harbaugh vs Harbaugh
Brother Against Brother
The 2 Coaches battle for the Championship

Pretty good drama, I say.

Call Ray Lewis a fruit to his face.

http://wayne.usschesapeake.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ravens-ray-lewis.jpg

giovanni_hotel
01-21-2013, 08:05 PM
It's the World Cup of concussive brain injuries, except only Yanks get to play!!!

http://i.imgur.com/6uMIH.gif

Stavros
01-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Giovanni, I am looking at your gif, but brains aint want I'm thinking about..

Dino Velvet
01-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Giovanni, I am looking at your gif, but brains aint want I'm thinking about..

Hope you watch for whatever reason.

eccentricBlue
01-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I read in the papers that this year's Superbowl will be a contest between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens. I don't know much about it but it occurs to me -What is in this Superbowl? Fruit?

The Super Bowl is a championship game diluted by advertisements, ridiculous half time shows, terrible commentary and over eating.

Dino Velvet
01-21-2013, 08:35 PM
The Super Bowl is a championship game diluted by advertisements, ridiculous half time shows, terrible commentary and over eating.

A little something for everyone to enjoy.

RallyCola
01-21-2013, 08:43 PM

You see, every fall, large men get together and frolic on grass or carpeted field. they reach between each others legs. they slap each other on the butt. they huddle together and whisper to each other. they grab each other and throw themselves on the ground and at any given time, 22 of them are trying to touch the leathery ball. they do this 16 times for the right to, well, just do it some more in what's call the postseason where a champion is crowned at the superbowl.

i'm not a lewis or kaepernick fan so i do not yet know who i will root for.

Females+Shemales
01-21-2013, 10:48 PM
The Ravens beat The Giants in 2001.

The 49ers haven't won one since 1995.

This is Ray Lewis's last hurrah, win, lose, or draw.

Truly, a game of epic proportions.

Merkurie
01-21-2013, 11:58 PM
The Superbowl is the American version of Oktoberfest: Beer, Boobs, Brass bands and some guys playing sports in the background.

kukm4
01-22-2013, 12:06 AM
Hand Egg Championship Final

scorpioluva
01-22-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm still hooked on Giovanni's GIF and trying to figure out why the Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders are at what looks like a baseball game ???????????????

Quiet Reflections
01-22-2013, 02:20 AM
It will be filled with to many advertisements as usual but it should be a good game anyway.

Stavros
01-22-2013, 02:46 AM
Hype aside, there always seems to be some dramatic story attached to the game - two coaches, both brothers; the year New Orleans won it...so I guess there aint no fruit in that there bowl...just dollars...

Dino Velvet
01-22-2013, 03:01 AM
Hype aside, there always seems to be some dramatic story attached to the game - two coaches, both brothers; the year New Orleans won it...so I guess there aint no fruit in that there bowl...just dollars...

It was just great the year the Saints won too. This lifelong Raider fan was real happy for the team and the city. Not like my guys will be back any time soon. So hard being a Raider fan nowadays. Better stop before the crippling depression sets in...

NYCTSluv
01-22-2013, 03:11 AM

Very true. SB has become a joke. Over 4 hours of commercials, horrible overrated music shows, non stop talking and in between all that they play a football game for a few minutes. Championship games are better and are about the football.

youngblood61
01-22-2013, 04:32 AM
Don't feel bad DV I'm A Rams fan so I feel your pain.:)

fred41
01-22-2013, 05:16 AM
...It's also about the betting....this game should be good though.

BLKGSXR
01-22-2013, 05:50 AM
...It's also about the betting....this game should be good though.

I should have put 200 down on Ravens over Patriots I was just so fcked up the night before getting in at 7am is no joke. Would Love to witness Ray Lewis win one! well a second one...Truly Legendary way to end a career win or Lose he should be a Hall Of Famer

fivekatz
01-22-2013, 07:14 AM
The Superbowl is the ultimate bit of 21st Century American culture. One ton of hype and commercials. A game where moments of extreme violence is then followed by a short committee meeting on how to execute the next assault.

I am personally a baseball fan...

rodinuk
01-22-2013, 09:19 AM
It's the party - the food - the beer:cheers:

Odelay
01-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Hopefully we get another wardrobe malfunction with Beyonce providing the halftime show entertainment.

eccentricBlue
01-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Very true. SB has become a joke. Over 4 hours of commercials, horrible overrated music shows, non stop talking and in between all that they play a football game for a few minutes. Championship games are better and are about the football.
I have to disagree. Lately, the majority of Super Bowls have been very good games. I'm not just saying that as a Giants fan either. The Steelers SB came down to the wire, The Packers SB was a good game, and NE over Philly was good. In fact, my biggest gripe with the SB in 2004 when NE barely won over Carolina yet the whole game was over shadowed by the "wardrobe malfunction" at half-time. The Super Bowl is what it is commercially, however it is now considered more of a commercial event rather than a championship contest.

But I must also agree, too many breaks and terrible commentary don't help, but we get that nonsense all season. As a fan of both American and European football, I prefer the continuity of 45 minutes of action.