PDA

View Full Version : Help me help a 10yo boy who has cancer

TempestTS
01-11-2013, 09:16 AM
I should have posted this some time ago but felt oddly conflicted about posting to an "adult forum"

I shouldt have been, after all its a high honor that I was asked to be part of this event and headline the show for this little boy that I have never even met and dont even know... that I would be asked to do so shows so much about acceptance and love in this world for people to be "Just who they are" that I didnt even know what to say when they asked me... "of course" was the only answer I knew - and I will do whatever I can to help out.

Im not begging for funds or looking for anything - I just want to help as much as I can which means informing others

if you choose to donate or help out - well, that would be just Grand!

An Angel does not cease being an Angel simply because they fall from Grace - Our Will Not Be So Easily taken

----------------------------------------------------------------
The back story

10 year old Adrian had a kidney removed the summer of 2011when he was diagnosed with a rare Wilms tumor. In 2012 more cancer was found on his lungs and he is going through another round of chemotherapy and radiation, this time very intensive.

Friends and family also created a special image for this benefit and are printing t-shirts to help raise funds. If you are interested in purchasing a t-shirt for a child or adult, (email address provided on the official page link below.) A $20 donation is recommended for each t-shirt.

T-shirts will be available for $15 at the January 11, 2012 "Shock Cancer to Death" Shock Rock Benefit Show at Club Underground. 355 NE monroe Street Minneapolis
-----------------------------------------------------------------

There is a page setup for more information and links to donate (http://thomasmundahl.com/AdrianKickCancerFund.html) - Im just the messenger here

Below are the flyer for the event and the design for the T-shirt -

I dont know if I will meet Adrian at the event - its at a night club and not exactly turf for kids... meeting him isnt important - hopefully there will be plenty of time for that later

Ill be playing the event with my band Harsh Reality - if anyone feels like stopping down and wants to say hello I will be there all night

Thank you for reading this post

runround04
01-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Weirdest benefit for a 10yr old, ever. But, it'll still help and if he likes the bands, even better. Hope ya have a good turn out.

TempestTS
01-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Weirdest benefit for a 10yr old, ever. But, it'll still help and if he likes the bands, even better. Hope ya have a good turn out.

yep its not exactly typical in any way shape or form but I guess thats what I find cool about it...

Besides I plan to make it a damn cool show and make sure we bring down the house... plus the big bonus is by doing so we get to help someone so it should be a great night

Genetic
01-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Just made a donation. Posting just to bump this back to the top, wonder if Prospro or Seanchai would consider making it a sticky?

TempestTS
01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Just made a donation. Posting just to bump this back to the top, wonder if Prospro or Seanchai would consider making it a sticky?

Thank you soooo much - Im off to load up the gear and get ready for the show -

Special thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read - reply - tweet and any other ways support this little endeavor - much love to you all