PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been harassed by others for your preference or open mindness?

MsDazzler
12-24-2012, 02:26 AM
I would like to know so I know how to "train" my future husband to handle harassment from other people if we ever get married and settle down together.

Fear of ridicule, being branded a "homosexual", or rejection from others, especially family, is the hugest stumbling block/barrier from a man who is contemplating a serious relationship with a trans woman, IMHO.

So... from the sage to the novice... describe your harassment experiences and how you handled them; tips to share, and how you finally overcame that inner fear/trepidiation of opposing society.

hondarobot
12-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Why do you think a future husband of yours would get harassed by anyone?

Jericho
12-24-2012, 02:59 AM
I would like to know so I know how to "train" my future husband

Haha, love it...You haven't even met him yet and you're trying to change the poor fukker! :dead-1:

shaker22
12-24-2012, 03:07 AM
i would have no fear ms dazzler!

dabaldone
12-24-2012, 04:31 AM
That used to be my biggest fear back in the day. I was so worried about what folks would think or say I couldn't think straight (no pun intended). I'm a muscular bald black guy. I guess because of my physical prresence, no one has ever dared to say anything. I spent too many years wooried about that crap. I'm out and open now and simply don't give a fuck.

danthepoetman
12-24-2012, 04:42 AM
I agree with dabaldone, MsDazzler: we should just stop bothering ourselves with what others might think. If they’re not happy, well, it’s their problem, isn’t it? They want to be narrow minded? They are the ones losing on so much good stuff. I’d just tend to stay away from them, as far as I’m concerned. Such people usually find themselves more and more isolated in their lives, as they grow older. Just be yourself, just be who you are. An poet from the Ancient World, Pindaros, once wrote: “Become who you are”. That’s what we all try to accomplish, and it has nothing to do with anyone else…

nysprod
12-24-2012, 04:43 AM
I harassed myself for a time, but I'm over it now...

giovanni_hotel
12-24-2012, 05:25 AM
It still bothers me sometimes, but that's how it is. I never get used to being called out of my name.

But whatever little petty shit I've had to deal with for being open in my preference for TGs is secondary to the crap most transgenders have had to deal with their entire lives.

runround04
12-24-2012, 06:59 AM
If you're worth it to them, they figure out a way to deal with any possible issues. If they cant, then they simply arent worth your time.

amberskyi
12-24-2012, 07:13 AM
i think the most that has ever happened to one of the guys i was seeing was they asked if i was born a woman at a fourth of july cook out.he said yea and they dropped it.
i know it has to be tough for you guys but mostly cause you guys make it harder for yourselves than it really needs to be

MsDazzler
12-24-2012, 07:18 AM
That used to be my biggest fear back in the day. I was so worried about what folks would think or say I couldn't think straight (no pun intended). I'm a muscular bald black guy. I guess because of my physical prresence, no one has ever dared to say anything. I spent too many years wooried about that crap. I'm out and open now and simply don't give a fuck.

okay, so you are saying might makes right? lol. Hmm, maybe all the nervous guys should start hitting the gym and develop muscles...

MsDazzler
12-24-2012, 07:20 AM
It still bothers me sometimes, but that's how it is. I never get used to being called out of my name.

But whatever little petty shit I've had to deal with for being open in my preference for TGs is secondary to the crap most transgenders have had to deal with their entire lives.

You are right... after suffering through my own journey, etc,... I probably couldn't handle another guy freaking out over harassment or rejection from his family/friends.

MsDazzler
12-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Haha, love it...You haven't even met him yet and you're trying to change the poor fukker! :dead-1:

haha - I have to admit, I can be demanding and love to be pampered/spoiled. :Bowdown:

rockabilly
12-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Cut out that side of my family completely.

Even though I'm married to a gg now I'm still friends with my ex and refuse to acknowledge the prejudiced family I had.

dabaldone
12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
okay, so you are saying might makes right? lol. Hmm, maybe all the nervous guys should start hitting the gym and develop muscles...

No Ma'am, I'm saying why was I worried. Mere words can't hurt me. I am what I am.You either embrace who you are or live in fear. Plus, nothings wrong with some muscle and a deep bass voice to make someone think before they speak.:pumped::pumped::pumped::pumped::pumped::pum ped:

559alphadog
12-24-2012, 10:16 AM
I was in guam back in 09 doig ops, on my down time I use to walk up the main strip an the beach, one night I got realy fucked up and some chick I met at the bar took me back to my room, I was in camis still and some of my guys saw me leave with her. Next morning turned out to be lol well not a full woman in certain areas, to be honeat dont remember nada and I dont realy care what happened, but my guys sure fucked with me lol, but I have no regrets lol I blame it on the rum.

MsDazzler
12-24-2012, 06:25 PM
No Ma'am, I'm saying why was I worried. Mere words can't hurt me. I am what I am.You either embrace who you are or live in fear. Plus, nothings wrong with some muscle and a deep bass voice to make someone think before they speak.:pumped::pumped::pumped::pumped::pumped::pum ped:

Haha, you forgot to mention.... not to mention that muscles enchance one's sex appeal!

MsDazzler
12-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Tips, please!... I still haven't heard anything subsantial beyond "Fuck 'em and what they think". lol

MHarrigan82
12-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Ms Dazzler my advise is to try to find a guy that is comfortable with his sexuality and can take criticism. I am currently dating a transwoman and
if I see someone staring at us I just hold her hand and give her a kiss and look at there direction. I am one of those guys that don't give a fuck. Sounds like you are scared you want find a confident guy.

Jericho
12-24-2012, 11:05 PM
I still haven't heard anything subsantial beyond "Fuck 'em and what they think". lol

Too be honest, that's all a guy dating a trans women can say and think.
"Fuck them and what they think, i love this woman"
Otherwise, it aint going to work. :shrug

Los Angeles resident
12-25-2012, 12:25 AM
I was once harassed and bullied for accidentally disclosing that I don't go to church even though I didn't say if I was an atheist or an agnostic.

hondarobot
12-25-2012, 04:50 AM
I would guess it's against the rules for me to salvagely attack someone these days.

If I'm correct in this, I will refrain from once again attacking this dumb fuck "Andrew".

I'm just asking.

:smoking

dabaldone
12-25-2012, 05:47 AM
Ms Dazzler my advise is to try to find a guy that is comfortable with his sexuality and can take criticism. I am currently dating a transwoman and
if I see someone staring at us I just hold her hand and give her a kiss and look at there direction. I am one of those guys that don't give a fuck. Sounds like you are scared you want find a confident guy.

I've done the same. But the dirty looks come from more women than men. Non trans_women who knew may ex was trans just couldn't take it.

Rusty Eldora
12-25-2012, 07:14 AM

So your relationship is still going - Congrats. I recall your posts a few months ago about her meeting your parents.

Have a Merry Christmas

Rusty

Los Angeles resident
12-26-2012, 08:04 AM
I would guess it's against the rules for me to salvagely attack someone these days.

If I'm correct in this, I will refrain from once again attacking this dumb fuck "Andrew".

I'm just asking.

:smoking

Jeff go fuck yourself and die.

hondarobot
12-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Jeff go fuck yourself and die.

LOL. News Flash:http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/2089-retarded-interesting.jpg

Andrew wonders why retard camp closed down.

amberskyi
12-26-2012, 11:11 AM
So not fucking cool dude.i hate when people make fun of people suffering from conditions

buckjohnson
12-27-2012, 02:48 AM
I have posted the reasons before why I could not date a transwoman...being harrass not one. But I live near a place where transwoman hang out and they get harrassed a lot. But as an af american who have dated internationally I am looks to looks, ?;s and have to deal with myths...white woman are freakier sexually, black men are sexual beasts, black woman dont suck cock...plus dating other races can cause a ruckus in a few public places, like dating a mexican woman and taking her to a spanish club. I deal with this by respecting the culture, respecting the woman I am with and just being cool about the whole thing. My biggest problems has been dating white woman and taking her to mostly white or black clubs. I am not saying dating other cultures/races is the same as being a transwoman, but some of the culture/social issues are similar.

GroobySteven
12-27-2012, 12:20 PM
LOL. News Flash:http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/2089-retarded-interesting.jpg

Andrew wonders why retard camp closed down.

You make it so easy for me. Banned again for harrassing other members and being your usual worthless self, Jeff. See you in 12 months!

Willie Escalade
12-27-2012, 02:54 PM
You make it so easy for me. Banned again for harrassing other members and being your usual worthless self, Jeff. See you in 12 months!
Even though I don't agree with the use of the picture, don't you think he was baited a bit?

Isn't that what LAR was doing? Calling him a "fucking jizzmoper loser" and telling hem to go fuck himself and die?

Just stating the obvious...bring it on...:yingyang:

Los Angeles resident
12-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Isn't that what LAR was doing? Calling him a "fucking jizzmoper loser" and telling hem to go fuck himself and die?

You don't know his history. He is a cyberbully and a troll. He is always picking fights with people he views as a threat to his manhood. You are right that I shouldn't have responded to him but this guy is someone who carries grudges for years, never lets go and never moves on with his life. He should not have access to a computer because he doesn't get along with anybody. He's been banned from at least two other sites in addition to this one. He's also picked a fight with me and others on two other sites. He has this jealous possessive attitude toward Vicki in which any guy who talks to her, he views as someone who tries to steal "his" girl.

Before you judge me, you need to know his history to understand why I responded to him that way. I will agree that I lowered myself to his standards by responding to him and I should know better.

Los Angeles resident
12-28-2012, 01:21 AM

I leave it up to you to decide how to handle this, but it were me, I'd ban him for life because he is never going to change. This is a person who will carry grudges against other people for the rest of his life.

buckjohnson
12-29-2012, 11:09 AM
My prediction came true. But why ban for only 12 months?

othello
12-29-2012, 09:17 PM
no i have never been harassed but i have gotten some strange looks.I tell them as long as two people like each other then it shouldnt matter if they are strait,gay or bi or whatever.I look at it this way i dont believe god is a racist hate filled biggot who will damn 2 people to hell because they are the same sex ,transgendered etc so why should i be.I am very easy going

DreadedFlower
12-29-2012, 11:39 PM
My questions is : Why tell them? My girlfriend and my ex have never been harassed or whatever by anyone since their friends and family didn't know anything. Even a lot of my friends do not know, so her friends do not have to know. I'm a girl and that's all they need to know.

Jericho
01-01-2013, 03:57 PM
This is a person who will carry grudges against other people for the rest of his life.

Internet...Serious much?
Besides, its Honda, it's like getting savaged by a dead sheep! :shrug

MsDazzler
01-08-2013, 02:56 AM
So it were just mostly glances/gazes.... in a disapproving way, but you guys never actually heard it out loud being spoken against you?