PDA

View Full Version : I'm Simple, so a simple question...

Jericho
12-19-2012, 02:42 PM
We are all aware of the latest 'gun' tragedy.
And, in the light of that, we've seen the 'knee jerk' reaction of 'Ban Guns'

As one of the few Brits here in favour of 'gun' ownership, i'd like to ask a question, of all the people here who own 'assault weaponry', (barring military personnel). How many people have used it for its intended purpose...How many times have you needed to?

Why, as a civilian, do you think you need it?

No judgement, just an honest question, I'm curious about your reasons...

loveboof
12-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Tbh, we haven't seen anyone one that side of the fence who is polite or intelligent enough to answer your question Jericho.

Why, as a civilian, could you possibly need an assault rifle?!

buttslinger
12-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I live in Virginia, and as soon as I get my concealed weapon's license I'm going to have these babies installed in my Honda. Anyone who's ever driven on the Beltway knows why.

thombergeron
12-20-2012, 10:42 PM
We are all aware of the latest 'gun' tragedy.
And, in the light of that, we've seen the 'knee jerk' reaction of 'Ban Guns'

As one of the few Brits here in favour of 'gun' ownership, i'd like to ask a question, of all the people here who own 'assault weaponry', (barring military personnel). How many people have used it for its intended purpose...How many times have you needed to?

Why, as a civilian, do you think you need it?

No judgement, just an honest question, I'm curious about your reasons...

My unit was one of the first to be issued the redesigned M4 carbine, the latest military implementation of the AR-15 design, in 1991. The M4 was considered to be superior to the M16A2 for close combat operations, and because it's capable of putting a shit-ton of rounds down range.

It is a battlefield weapon, intended for countering multiple armed enemy combatants. There is no civilian application, not even for law enforcement.

Quiet Reflections
12-21-2012, 04:08 AM
I have never used an Assault rifle for protection, they really just sit in my safe doing nothing unless it is range day. I have however used a handgun for protection before.

LibertyHarkness
12-23-2012, 03:25 PM
its abvious why americans need to own insane amounts of firearms ... the zombie apoclypse that is coming :)

tsadriana
12-23-2012, 04:06 PM
I don`t like guns ,but if it was to have one i was using only to protect myself from robbers ...But having a gun in the house free for everyone i think its a insane...especially when you have kids...the gun should be somewhere in the seif not free for everyone.

danthepoetman
12-24-2012, 06:11 AM
Guns possession has to follow a snowball effect. The more there are in circulation, the more you need to have one yourself -assault weapon or any kind of “regular” firearm. Here in the Sea of Sargasso, very few people have guns. Violence occurs from time to time, but no one feel the need to have a gun for self protection. Most people don’t even lock their doors. A ban on assault weapon is a good idea, but a better one is full gun control, and no one to own a licence if he doesn’t have business possessing a gun. It’s quite simple.