PDA

View Full Version : How many tgirls are there in the world?

aeonflux1964
04-11-2006, 03:10 AM
I've always wondered how many tgirls exist in the world. As a connoiseur of all things transexual this question is important because it tells me how many of these rare and beautiful beings there are to choose from. As any seeker of these wonderful ladies knows, they are rare indeed.

Doing some research I found the following estimate:

1 in 30,000 males, 1 in 100,000 females

This tells me out of a total world population of about 6 billion people there must be only 2 million tgirls in the world. That makes tgirls almost as rare as winning the lottery. That being said, this confirms for me that finding a truly beautiful passable tgirl to be one of God's special gifts. Because of this, we must treasure these special ladies as much as we can. The abuse they must endure is all the more tragic.

BeardedOne
04-11-2006, 03:14 AM
As to how many, I vote 'Not enough'.

But hey, that's me.

ezed
04-11-2006, 05:58 AM
There are 511,532 tgirls in the Northwestern Quadrashphere. If you apply this to the rest of the known world it would mean your guesstimate is within 10% of being correct.

Then again, it does not consider the unknown world. :idea:

laoda8
04-11-2006, 06:04 AM
no, just the two.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4e/Farnsworth.png/180px-Farnsworth.png

Castor_Troy05
04-11-2006, 07:36 AM
I agree with BeardedOne, there are too few Tgirls in the world, something must be done about it. However there seem to be more now than ever, so with the current growth rate, lets hypothesise that in 10 years, there will be approx 1 Billion, or at least I want to hope there will be

Realgirls4me
04-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Are all the girls in the montage of pictures T-girls ? Wow, if they are; Look at those girls in bikinis!

:)

Yes, stop cloning sheep and start cloning beautiful T-girls ... Who wants to fuck sheep ? Um, don't answer that anyone.

Ecstatic
04-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I've read many different estimates. There are so many variables, including obtaining a valid sample, accounting for stealth TS, and definition of "tgirl." Estimates in Thailand run to over 300,000 or 1:206, and in the Philippines to 250,000 or 1:270 (based on both data I've read and observations by girls I know from both Thailand and the Philippines).

A while back I posted this on Vicki Richter's forum, which you might find interesting:

A current (though I haven't paid nearly enough attention to know how prevalent) theory among some researchers is that transgenderism (in the strict sense of sexual dysphoria) is a subset of intersexuality wherein there is no external or internal genital mix of male and female characteristics, but instead a psychological level of intersexuality exists which has its root in the prenatal development of the fetus. Assuming this to be the case (which would go a long way toward explaining the near-universal appearance of transsexuals and transgendered persons in all cultures despite deep cultural differences), then one can posit that, just as with other naturally-occurring groups, there is an natural ratio of inherently transgendered persons in the general population, and that that percentage may tend towards the upper end of the ranges we've been discussing (presuming that more transgender-tolerant societies like Thailand would foster the largest percentage of transgendered living as transgendered and not hiding or in self-denial).

In other words, regardless of what the known transgender population of any country is, there must be a statistically valid ratio of transgendered to normally gendered persons in any population, and I'm suggesting that that ratio is on the order of 1:300 or even 1:200. However, many people may not even realize that they are transgendered (as evidenced by the number of TS who comment on their confusion prior to beginning their transition, going through gay phases and the like because they don't understand their own innate nature). Moreover, some people may become transsexual without actually being transgendered (this is reportedly the case among many of Brazil's TS population, where many are actually gay men, not transwomen: see Lisa Lawer as an example). Social and cultural patterns, coupled with individual actualization, probably make it impossible to determine the ratio with any precision. But if transgenderism is innate, and especially if it stems from prenatal development (which is appearing to be the case for homosexuality), then it stands to reason that there is a statisical baseline of TG people in the general population.

Hugh Jarrod
04-12-2006, 03:19 AM
At least one or two.

Dkg
04-12-2006, 03:22 AM
That first one in the bikin needs to GO

how many are there in the world? I'm going to take a wild guess and go with 5,000,000. Yea, that sounds about right

ezed
04-12-2006, 06:00 AM
I've read many different estimates. There are so many variables, including obtaining a valid sample, accounting for stealth TS, and definition of "tgirl." Estimates in Thailand run to over 300,000 or 1:206, and in the Philippines to 250,000 or 1:270 (based on both data I've read and observations by girls I know from both Thailand and the Philippines).

A while back I posted this on Vicki Richter's forum, which you might find interesting:

A current (though I haven't paid nearly enough attention to know how prevalent) theory among some researchers is that transgenderism (in the strict sense of sexual dysphoria) is a subset of intersexuality wherein there is no external or internal genital mix of male and female characteristics, but instead a psychological level of intersexuality exists which has its root in the prenatal development of the fetus. Assuming this to be the case (which would go a long way toward explaining the near-universal appearance of transsexuals and transgendered persons in all cultures despite deep cultural differences), then one can posit that, just as with other naturally-occurring groups, there is an natural ratio of inherently transgendered persons in the general population, and that that percentage may tend towards the upper end of the ranges we've been discussing (presuming that more transgender-tolerant societies like Thailand would foster the largest percentage of transgendered living as transgendered and not hiding or in self-denial).

In other words, regardless of what the known transgender population of any country is, there must be a statistically valid ratio of transgendered to normally gendered persons in any population, and I'm suggesting that that ratio is on the order of 1:300 or even 1:200. However, many people may not even realize that they are transgendered (as evidenced by the number of TS who comment on their confusion prior to beginning their transition, going through gay phases and the like because they don't understand their own innate nature). Moreover, some people may become transsexual without actually being transgendered (this is reportedly the case among many of Brazil's TS population, where many are actually gay men, not transwomen: see Lisa Lawer as an example). Social and cultural patterns, coupled with individual actualization, probably make it impossible to determine the ratio with any precision. But if transgenderism is innate, and especially if it stems from prenatal development (which is appearing to be the case for homosexuality), then it stands to reason that there is a statisical baseline of TG people in the general population.

Ahhhh.....? So how many is that? So..... it sounds like 2,000,000 was in the ballpark? :wink:

Ecstatic
04-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Ahhhh.....? So how many is that? So..... it sounds like 2,000,000 was in the ballpark? :wink:
Actually, about 11 times that number! Assuming a ratio of transgendered:general population of 1:300, and given the current world population of 6,509,208,917 (US Census Bureau, WorldPop Clock http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/popclockworld.html - it'll be higher when you click on the link), there would be 21,697,363 transgendered in the world.

ezed
04-12-2006, 06:25 AM
Actually, about 11 times that number! Assuming a ratio of transgendered:general population of 1:300, and given the current world population of 6,509,208,917 (US Census Bureau, WorldPop Clock http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/popclockworld.html - it'll be higher when you click on the link), there would be 21,697,363 transgendered in the world.

DAMN, I HAD THE UNDER! :x

soldierboy
04-17-2006, 05:25 AM
I just want one perfect TGirl, and her name is Allanah Starr, what shall i do?

The American Nightmare
04-17-2006, 05:33 AM
We may never know for certain. After all, the majority of the ocean is unexplored.

Caleigh
04-17-2006, 02:52 PM
I think 1:200 is WAY too high an estimate Ecstatic. I would be surprised if it was 1:1000 and it's likely
even less than that. Though I don't think that an
in depth study has ever been done.

Ecstatic
04-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I think 1:200 is WAY too high an estimate Ecstatic. I would be surprised if it was 1:1000 and it's likely
even less than that. Though I don't think that an
in depth study has ever been done.
You may well be right, Caleigh. I'm certainly testing the limits here. There have been many studies, but from what I've seen, they all fall short of a sufficient sample to support more than speculation, and further they do not always agree in basic terminology (for example, the Thai term katoey actually encompasses post-op MtF's, pre-op MtF's, drag queens, and extremely effeminate gay men). And due to both lack of self-knowledge, denial, and stealth modes, how can we ever attain a valid and sufficient sample?

It really depends upon the definition of terms, to some degree at least. If we're talking MtF transsexuals living 24/7 as women, then I agree that the ratio is probably much higher, maybe on the order of 1:2500 or 1:5000 (the latter figure would support the current estimates of 60,000 MtF TS in the USA). My point isn't so much how many are living 24/7 as transgendered, or even part-time (and of course it also depends upon whether you include cross-dressers and other groups in the count), but whether there is an inherent ratio of transgendered to cisgendered (non-transgendered) in the base population, and what that ratio might be.

I proposed that "that percentage may tend towards the upper end of the ranges we've been discussing" (as that might statisically account for the high end of the curve), as for instance the estimates of 1:200 in Thailand and 1:270 in the Philippines, but then there may be cultural factors which either artificially inflate those ratios or which tend to keep the ratio much lower elsewhere (or both, more likely). I think that the Philippines may be a more accurate mark than Thailand simply because Thai culture is far more tolerant of transsexuals than Filipino culture is (the Filipino term for a MtF transsexual is bakla, which is basically seen as being gay, and being a Catholic nation colonized by Spain for over 300 years, there's a strong bias against homosexuality there which does not exist in Thailand). Assuming that to be the case, what would account for such a high percentage of Filipina TS (approximately 250,000 out of 68 million)?

Of course, I'm also suggesting that many don't even realize that they are transgendered at all, as evidenced by the high percentage of transsexuals who initially--having no other role model in American culture, at least until recently--assume that they must be gay since they are obviously not normally hetero. But of course that paradigm is also incorrect for those people.

Then again, we could look at it the way Christine Jorgensen did: that all people are a mix of both male and female gender, that no one can be more than 80% male or 80% female, and that being transgender simply means that one identifies more strongly with the gender which is the opposite of one's genital profile. But in a sense that too dodges the question of what percentage of the population so identifies.

ezed
04-18-2006, 06:16 AM
ESTATIC!
THANK GOD I DIDN'T RIP UP MY TICKET! I'M STILL IN THE BALL PARK? RIGHT?

:o

djlindy5763
04-18-2006, 10:45 AM
who really cares how many??? just so long as they are

Ecstatic
04-18-2006, 10:38 PM
ESTATIC!
THANK GOD I DIDN'T RIP UP MY TICKET! I'M STILL IN THE BALL PARK? RIGHT?

:o
;)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like Christine Jorgensen's perspective that we're all a mix of male/female in differing proportions. Numbers and stats are fascinating, but only go so far.

eded
06-07-2015, 07:34 AM
No idea

rabbitfufu
06-07-2015, 07:58 AM
14,333,789 if you count justin bieber