PDA

View Full Version : Homeland

Stavros
12-10-2012, 05:36 PM
I read somewhere this is one of Obama's favourite tv programmes, so last night's episide may have been either a shock or a hoot, depending on whether or not Joe Biden has a pacemaker....

Suddenly there are inexplicable plot holes, unless there were ones I missed in earlier epidodes or Series 1 although I can think of a few but probably not major -like Dana finding out her father is a Muslim but not telling anyone...

So last night we had
-an FBI spook so delicately poised in the world of espionage he has to change addresses every two weeks, but eats a plate of waffles at the same diner every Tuesday;
-Brody on the phone to dastardly Abu Nazir, yet suddenly noone is tapping the phone and following him around;
-Carrie, having been let go of certain death, stops a truck in the middle of a remote road -does she hitch a lift to the nearest town/gas station/safety? No of course not, she borrows the driver's phone to phone in her position to the ops room, then looks around -and goes back into the deserted mill...heroic, no? Maybe Carrie is the Mole...
-But Estes is emerging as the possible mole (don't let the accent fool you, he is English), for who else would know that the Vice-President's pacemaker magic box is in his private office? And he said to the Mighty Quinn after an angry exchange with Saul -'he knows' and by the end of the programme Saul appears to be under arrest in the basement;
-Carrie could have been killed in the car accident, was it a good idea to ram it to kidnap her? Why didn't dastardly Abu Nazir just knock on the door of her house? Its not like anyone is watching.
-Is Brody going to become the first 'secret Muslim' in the White House?
-Is it just me, or is Dana really interesting....
-could her younger brother Chris suddenly realise he is a girl trapped in a boy's body and start wearing Dana's t-shirts?

Is it going off the rails? Does anyone care?

Prospero
12-10-2012, 06:30 PM
It's as full of holes as a fishing net... but its fun.

Dino Velvet
12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
It's as full of holes as a fishing net... but its fun.

I'm waiting to see the episode where the ligaments in Carrie's eyes fail and her eyeballs shoot out of her head like pinched watermelon seeds.

Somethin' not right with that girl.

http://www.betcheslovethis.com//files/uploads/images/homelandcarrie1.png

GroobyKrissy
12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
SPOILER ALERT!

I only watch series when they come out on disc so I stopped Homeland after Season 1... No idea what is going on right now other than I'm sure Claire Danes is overacting. Just kidding... I love her.

Prospero
12-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Well don't read any more of the posts here Krissy!

Except this one of course.

Stavros
12-10-2012, 07:54 PM
SPOILER ALERT!

I only watch series when they come out on disc so I stopped Homeland after Season 1... No idea what is going on right now other than I'm sure Claire Danes is overacting. Just kidding... I love her.

Can we reach a share agreement on Claire Miss Kissy? Front or back or both I don't mind, judging by her performance in the very strange film The Flock I think she is up for a threesome with us....she was also named Harvard's Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year 2012, whatever that means to the CIA these days.
Your place or mine?

Stavros
12-10-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm waiting to see the episode where the ligaments in Carrie's eyes fail and her eyeballs shoot out of her head like pinched watermelon seeds.

Somethin' not right with that girl.

Memo to Dino: It's HOMELAND, not OUTLAND. There are no aliens in America...

Dino Velvet
12-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Can we reach a share agreement on Claire Miss Kissy? Front or back or both I don't mind, judging by her performance in the very strange film The Flock I think she is up for a threesome with us....she was also named Harvard's Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year 2012, whatever that means to the CIA these days.
Your place or mine?

Hasty Pudding Woman?

She likes to empty a fella's sack in a hurry?

GroobyKrissy
12-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Your place or mine?

Hmmm... I will have to check out this film, The Flock now. I've always liked Claire Danes though... one of those girls who may not be the most beautiful in the room, but she has something very alluring about her.

Another girl that I really like that doesn't get a lot of credit for her roles is Kirsten Dunst.

TS Evelyn Summers
12-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Lemme tell ya'll sumthin....It aint NOTHING like on tv. Its a LOT worse than what you think.

Thats all I gotta say. MOVE outta the country when u get chance.

xoxo

Dino Velvet
12-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Memo to Dino: It's HOMELAND, not OUTLAND. There are no aliens in America...

Outland is badass. It's like High Noon in Space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez2XfvN8XSc

http://scifipulse.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Outland-1981.jpg

blkmamba
12-11-2012, 01:33 AM
One of the best show on even with all the holes...

youngblood61
12-11-2012, 04:42 AM
Great show!:)

Prospero
12-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Can any of the Americans here please tell me which network Homeland plays on in the USA?

Dino Velvet
12-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Can any of the Americans here please tell me which network Homeland plays on in the USA?

Showtime. Same as Dexter.

Prospero
12-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks Dino

Dino Velvet
12-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks Dino

You bet. You behind on episodes?

Still watching Sons Of Anarchy?

Prospero
12-12-2012, 07:53 PM
No - but I will be in US when the final episode screens - and we are a week behind the UK

Dino Velvet
12-12-2012, 07:55 PM
No - but I will be in US when the final episode screens - and we are a week behind the UK

Watch out for spoilers.

"Welcome to America" in advance.:cheers:

Stavros
12-12-2012, 11:15 PM
I already found out something that happens having read about it in a US newspaper not realising that series 2 has I believe ended there already, or the US is a week ahead. Ah well. It doesn't solve the mystery of who the mole is -Carrie, Saul or Estes...(?)...I am still waiting for Dana to become the solution to the CIA's -and her father's- problems...

youngblood61
12-13-2012, 04:44 AM
For some crazy reason I think Saul is the mole. He was just so pissed taking that polygraph test.:)

Stavros
12-13-2012, 09:10 PM
A shrewd choice, youngblood- but then you see Brody, Carrie and Saul all spent enough time in the Middle Eastern field to be 'turned'; it is Estes whose backstory I am not so familiar with -he seems to have links to the CIA and th FBI (but then so does Saul)...

Stavros
12-27-2012, 07:46 PM
So the second series has ended with a bang...if Estes was the mole, he was sacrificed in a dastardy plot conceived by his own side. So presumably he was not. The cute trick with the last episode was to spend too much time on a tedious romantic weekend in the log cabin between Carrie and Brody, from which we learned that if you are in the wilderness and really must have croissants for breakfast, you need only drive to the nearest settllement, but I think its good to know that however rural America might get, le delice francais is still available -presumably in the 1960s it would have been bagels. Having been lulled into complacency the demolition of the CIA -surely not the work of the FBI?- was a shock, and must have woken up many on the verge of a deep, comforting sleep.

Apparently there will be a third series, in which the failure to intercept and destroy the follow-up to 9/11 will be the focus of Carrie's and Saul's concerns, along with the campaign to clear Brody's name, assuming he is innocent. The relentlessly one-dimensional and dreary Jessica will shack up with the well-adjusted clean-shaven all-American man, but sadly I suspect not be written out of the programme, while Dana, who has been pouting, swearing, and confused since the first episode of series 1 will, I fear, remain pouting, swearing, and confused...

youngblood61
12-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Nice finale. Couple of questions, where's Quinn? Last we saw he was threatening to take Estes out if he didn't leave Carrie and Brody alone. Prime suspect for planting that bomb. Where is Brody headed, Mexico? No way he is innocent. He would have Killed the VP the first time if the Bomb had went off. Killed the Bomb maker when he fell and landed on that wood. Then killed the VP by not getting him help for his heart,and don't forget Walker who he shot in the head. Still think Saul is dirty!