PDA

View Full Version : what are you drinking tonight

buckjohnson
11-18-2012, 03:29 AM
My choice tonight: barcardi 151 rum and Pinnacle cake vodka. Have a date tonight and will prob drink a scotch at the spot we are going to

Dino Velvet
11-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Coke Zero but I'm smoking a mountain of weed.

nausicaa
11-18-2012, 03:45 AM
Henneys Vintage Cider - a really nice dry still cider

RallyCola
11-18-2012, 03:51 AM
i'm not drinking yet but i'll be taking a whiskey tour later

vincidog
11-18-2012, 04:33 AM
A single malt that I made....1/2 peat smoked and 6 row pale malt barley. Double distilled and aged for 3 months on Frenck oak. Seriously very tasty

bulldog
11-18-2012, 05:31 AM
I'm a capt and coke guy, but drinking Sailor Jerry's tonight. Also got a bottle of gold label walker that I am debating on opening.

buckjohnson
11-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Night was full of booze and broads, but had some problems in the performance area. Should not have taking those last 10 shots of 151 rum.

Jericho
11-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Booze and broads, huh. So what happened with your date with the tranny?

Prospero
11-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Apple juice earlier... single malt later

danthepoetman
11-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Beverage for island Gods: laphroaig quarter cask; double cask, non-chill filtered, 48% alcohol.

martin48
11-18-2012, 10:32 PM
pinot grigio

buckjohnson
11-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Will post later. Got to get her permission.

Booze and broads, huh. So what happened with your date with the tranny?

robertlouis
11-19-2012, 02:52 AM
Earl Grey tea - the very soul of rock and roll....

danthepoetman
11-19-2012, 03:35 AM
Earl Grey tea - the very soul of rock and roll....
Earl Grey tea tonight, Robert Louis? A nice, quiet one, I suppose… Although I think it’s already something like 2:00 or 3:00 AM on your side of the ocean.
Yesterday I finished a bottle of a whisky I love, Cragganmore… Delicate, subtle and so complex. Took me a while to appreciate this whisky, but when I finally got to understand it, it became love... :)

Dino Velvet
11-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Working on a 42 oz Arizona Green Tea.

http://www.buythecase.net/uploads/products/200/1300871345.jpg

danthepoetman
11-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Tonight, a good old standard, unexpensive and good, in fact, one of the best quality-price ratio where I am, the Glenlivet 12 years old. And something much tougher, the Glenfarclas 105, very hot stuff...

robertlouis
11-21-2012, 07:15 AM
I was gigging last night and not driving, so after I'd finished my set - I never drink before going on stage - I had three pints of Rutland Brewery's terrific John Hudson Bitter. I was playing over in Stamford, Lincs, one of the most beautiful towns in England - pops up in BBC costume dramas fairly regularly.

So, since coming online, and as I'm trying to get a new song down tomorrow, it's been tea again, but Darjeeling this time. Even rock stars ring the changes lol.

amberskyi
11-21-2012, 07:20 AM
juice box wine (discovered while doing some thanksgiving shopping earlier).this is the beginning of a new age for me lol

danthepoetman
11-21-2012, 08:35 AM
juice box wine (discovered while doing some thanksgiving shopping earlier).this is the beginning of a new age for me lol
I've tasted wine packaged this way. I was expecting something terrible and was surprised to find the wine quite all right in the end, not that I'm a connaisseur or anything. But it is practical. How was this one, Amber?
(By the way, I really like the pic: you're lovely!)

GrimFusion
11-21-2012, 08:40 AM

Blasphemy. That is nothing more than wine contained in cardboard. Real juice boxes require sippy straws.
Super classy by the way.
It's no FourLoko, but whatever gets the job done.

GrimFusion
11-21-2012, 09:58 AM
I picked up a bottle of Denaka vodka at my local liquor store on a $3.00 off sale. That should have been the first sign.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/1.jpg

I probably should have read the bottle at the store. "Made in Canada". Since when does Canada make good Vodka? I should have stopped reading there, but further down the label it reads "distilled from grain". I thought vodka was distilled from potatoes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/2.jpg

Against my better judgment, I poured a shot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/3.jpg

Pinkies up! It's only proper.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/4.jpg

I can only describe the next sensation as the feeling of fire and brimstone slowly burning it's way down my esophagus. I've felt this before from really cheap whiskey, but never vodka. I can't really describe the taste; honestly I expect vodka to taste like nothing, but this certainly did have a taste. Kinda like dirty laundry in my mouth.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/6.jpg

It was time to make a decision. Either man up and get this job done, or just quit and throw the whole bottle out. Well, I hiked up my testicles and got to work.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/9.jpg

Rather quickly I was a whole lot of tipsy and with half a bottle left, I thought "this can't be good for me. Perhaps I should quit".
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/8.jpg

My stomach hadn't been completely obliterated yet, so I pushed ahead.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/7.jpg

SO CLOSE. I'm feeling pretty freakin' plastered by now. Three sheets, even. Just then, I could have sworn the last swig in the bottle was laughing at me, and admittedly; I was far past belligerent at this point.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/10.jpg

You're mine, you crap-ass bottle of paint thinner! (*hic*)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/11.jpg

In retrospect, probably not the best idea because after waiting ten minutes, I tried to hold it together as best I could and ended up looking like this...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/grimfusion/13.jpg
just before I ended up dragging my blanket and pillow into the bathroom.

Moral of the story:
Fuck you, Canada! Stop making shitty vodka!

robertlouis
11-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Excellent Grim. Can't wait for the movie.....

danthepoetman
11-21-2012, 10:15 AM
This is from now on my favourite story ever -although I must admit I have a few similar ones to tell myself...

LovinThaTSLadiez
11-21-2012, 10:31 AM
The contents of her condom.

buckjohnson
11-23-2012, 04:07 AM
151 rum tonight then a nice long bath. Need to find someone to share the bath. The rum I am greedy about, no sharing.

grim and lovin...very interesting

Merkurie
11-23-2012, 04:43 AM
http://www.irishecho.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Pint-of-Guinness.jpg

pst933
11-23-2012, 06:21 AM
http://www.dailycognac.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Derksen-Napoleon-grande-Fine-Champagne-Reserve-jarnac-50-Year-old-225x300.jpg (http://www.dailycognac.com/your-cognac-cognac-napoleon-grande-fine-champagne-reserve-jarnac-50-year-old/derksen-napoleon-grande-fine-champagne-reserve-jarnac-50-year-old/)

The best Cognac Grande Fine Napoleon

The best

danthepoetman
11-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Had a few of a good old standard tonight, Glenmorangie 10 years... Delicate and almost as cute as a lady...

Prospero
11-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Is Grim still ill after that experience? Great set of pics.

Jericho
11-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Never again...Same as last time! :shrug

sz1122
11-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Had a few of a good old standard tonight, Glenmorangie 10 years... Delicate and almost as cute as a lady...

Best drink anywhere. glenmorangie in the sherry cask is great as well

danthepoetman
11-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Best drink anywhere. glenmorangie in the sherry cask is great as well
I don't know if it's just some kind of nostalgia, but I use to love the Port Wine Finish. Now it's the Quinta Ruba, but I don't find it quite as good, for some reason...
HO! nostalgia! :)

timid1
11-23-2012, 10:20 PM
A nice pint of Hophead (real ale) , delicious, great for the soul , but not the waistline . Cheers!

Quiet Reflections
11-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Jameson and Guinness

DCGuy343
11-24-2012, 02:40 AM
Rocky Mountain Spring water

robertlouis
11-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Never again...Same as last time! :shrug

Fuck's sake Jez, that'll burn your insides out. Polish Pure Spirit is the primary cause of the Russians getting a man into space first - they fuelled the rocket with it and got him pissed before shovelling him inside.

Poor old Yuri Gagarin...

robertlouis
11-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Had some very tasty Waitrose fresh ravioli tonight - chorizo and manchego cheese - washed down with a very nice Montepulciano d' Abruzzo. And if you ever get to visit Montepulciano itself - in Tuscany - don't miss the chance. Lovely town.

dunkiex
11-24-2012, 04:19 AM
annisette...love the flavor

schtick1
11-24-2012, 05:14 AM
absinthehttp://www.alandia.de/absinthe/images/product_images/info_images/absinth-66-abtshof-29.jpg

danthepoetman
11-24-2012, 08:04 AM
A few of those tonight, Balvenie double wood, 12 yrs whisky. Yummy!

flabbybody
11-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Grey Goose over lotsa ice with a few Goya green olives

sz1122
11-24-2012, 01:50 PM
A few of those tonight, Balvenie double wood, 12 yrs whisky. Yummy!

Another fabulous choice

jamiethewild
11-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Adios Mothafucker !!!

CORVETTEDUDE
11-24-2012, 10:12 PM
The Captain!!!!

danthepoetman
11-25-2012, 12:52 AM
It's Saturday, I'll crumble on the couch with my girlfriend and watch a few movies, and probably have a couple of good Macallan later on tonight...

Anubis1779
11-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Ron Vieja de Caldas, imported from Columbia. Hands down the best rum I've ever had! Mixed with Pineapple/orange (I can't do coke for a mixer anymore)

danthepoetman
11-26-2012, 02:37 AM
I'm taking a break from Scotch tonight...
:cry

sz1122
11-26-2012, 02:46 AM
I'm enjoying some red wine. taking a little break from scotch myself

GrimFusion
11-26-2012, 02:46 AM
Adios Mothafucker !!!

On the rare occasion that I wanna get trashed at a bar I used to drink nothing but Long Island Iced Teas, but they always taste like shit to me. AMF's are kinda girly drinks, but since I found out about them, I've sworn off of Long Island Iced Teas completely.

Quiet Reflections
11-26-2012, 03:14 AM
Shots of Fireball Whiskey and Sam Adams winter lager

JamesHunt
11-26-2012, 03:33 AM
Stella Artois

JenniferParisHusband
11-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Unfortunately, a Newcastle Warewolf. It's horrible stuff, but I bought a six and can't get any of my friends to drink one.

danthepoetman
11-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Some of these two, Glenlivet, first the 12 years then the 18... And tonight I relly hope to get drown in it and never come back...
...just joking...

Glenlivet, usually unexpensive, and a tremendous quality-price ratio...

maxpower
11-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Unfortunately, a Newcastle Warewolf. It's horrible stuff, but I bought a six and can't get any of my friends to drink one.

That's unfortunate...I love me some Newcastle Brown, though...

rockabilly
11-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Liquid Cocaines
Yeager Bombs
Red Stag
Absolut

And Robitussin with Mucinex for my cold.

JenniferParisHusband
11-27-2012, 10:37 PM
That's unfortunate...I love me some Newcastle Brown, though...

Newky Brown is great. I love it too. But the red ale is bloody awful.

I'm normally a Tequila guy, and whenI drink beer, I'm a big fan of Korea's OB Lager. But a Brown usually gets drank with dinner when it's a more English type of meal.

sz1122
11-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Some of these two, Glenlivet, first the 12 years then the 18... And tonight I relly hope to get drown in it and never come back...
...just joking...

Glenlivet, usually unexpensive, and a tremendous quality-price ratio...

glennfiddach is also a very nice and affordable single malt,

danthepoetman
11-28-2012, 01:04 AM
glennfiddach is also a very nice and affordable single malt,
Love its pine (pinish) taste. Smells like a snowy winter. But I find it a tiny bit simple. Still very drinkable and nice indeed. I must say I love the 18 years old and up. And the Solera reserve, 15 years, matured with a process similar to that of sherry, if memory serves, isn't that bad at all.

But tonight, I think I'll finish a bottle of deep, complex, sea flavoured and smoky Lagavulin 16 years that's been quietly resting in a closet (my liquor storage) for a little while.

Quiet Reflections
11-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Drinking Royal Lochnagar tonight

Quiet Reflections
11-28-2012, 02:16 AM
for dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNoto7sVRc

danthepoetman
11-28-2012, 07:09 AM
for dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GNoto7sVRc
LOL! I'm embarrassed to say that's exactly who I am...

Drinking Royal Lochnagar tonight

You know, I've never had any! For some reason, it's one of the rare malts that is always unavailable in the State controled liquor stores where I am. I've read it's great.
Have a great evening, Quiet Reflections!

Females+Shemales
11-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Heneiken is the way to go!

P.S.: If you don't drink Jager, you're not a drinker!

danthepoetman
11-29-2012, 02:52 PM

Always felt I might be a drunk. God! this is good news for me!
:peanutbutter

Willie Escalade
11-29-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't drink liqueur, so I have a glass of Tropicana orange juice at hand haha.

HOWEVER...a buddy gave me a nice bottle of Couvoisier VSOP cognac...it's just sitting there...I'm tempted...

I also have a bottle of Hennessy that was given to me LAST year...hmm...:confused:

danthepoetman
11-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Went with something light, delicate and delightful tonight (seems like I'm describing a girl...). Dalwhinnie, 15 years old. Nice taste of cut straw, heather honey and malt. Absolutely delicious. And just to see where it's made inspire me to drink some more... :)

blkmamba
11-30-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't drink liqueur, so I have a glass of Tropicana orange juice at hand haha.

HOWEVER...a buddy gave me a nice bottle of Couvoisier VSOP cognac...it's just sitting there...I'm tempted...

I also have a bottle of Hennessy that was given to me LAST year...hmm...:confused:

You still have a bottle from last year?? lol

robertlouis
11-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Went with something light, delicate and delightful tonight (seems like I'm describing a girl...). Dalwhinnie, 15 years old. Nice taste of cut straw, heather honey and malt. Absolutely delicious. And just to see where it's made inspire me to drink some more... :)

It's the highest distillery of them all - the old Highland Railway's summit is right outside the distillery.

Your description is perfect, Dan. One of the finest malts to sip and savour before a meal, after which, of course, you will require something mighty, dark, mysterious, smoky and rich. From Islay, where else?

Slainthe!

robertlouis
11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh, and right now I'm drinking Rooibos Tea. Very refreshing.

Prospero
11-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Rooibos.... yeuk.

robertlouis
12-01-2012, 03:24 AM
Rooibos.... yeuk.

We've had that conversation already!

Although I don't drink much coffee other than decaff, I do drink a lot of tea, and I've been asked to try a caffeine-free regime for a couple of months, hence the Rooibos.

danthepoetman
12-01-2012, 08:19 AM
It's the highest distillery of them all - the old Highland Railway's summit is right outside the distillery.
Your description is perfect, Dan. One of the finest malts to sip and savour before a meal, after which, of course, you will require something mighty, dark, mysterious, smoky and rich. From Islay, where else?
Slainthe!
Thanks, Robert Louis. Yes, the snow on the mountain reminds me of early winter at home. The pictures is always somewhere in my mind when I drink of that delightful beverage.

Oh, and right now I'm drinking Rooibos Tea. Very refreshing.
Actually, I must say I'm with you on this one too, Robert Louis! I like Rooibos Tea! And being a terrible insomniac, I know of its vitues... :)

I was listening once to Richard Paterson, the master distiller at Dalmore, talk about the multiple ways to possibly enjoy the whisky. I can't recall precisely the chain of my thoughts, but eventually, it inspired me to try it with a black chocolate Lindt bar with red, hot, chili piments. The mix of the deep sherry tast and spices of the Dalmore with the flavour of the spicied chocolate is wonderful. I often have some of the mix as a dessert, or just watching the tube in the evening. A bit strange, I suppose, but really good!

JenniferParisHusband
12-01-2012, 09:36 AM

I think I'm required by law to post this now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4

robertlouis
12-01-2012, 09:52 AM

If Heineken is the way to go, I'll go somewhere else please. In the Netherlands, the home of Heineken, Amstel outsells it by a factor of three.

It's always instructive to drink what the locals drink.

Unless you're in the US..... :twisted:

danthepoetman
12-01-2012, 10:09 AM
When I drink beer, which has become something rather rare, these are probably my favourites.

JenniferParisHusband
12-01-2012, 10:10 AM
McEwan's is some good stuff. Can't find it locally though, because I'm stranded in Redneck heaven with no way of ever escaping.

Quiet Reflections
12-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Last night I got trashed off Natty Boh and JD honey. This morning was anything but good!

SassyNYC
12-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Tonight I'll drink a Kettle One Cosmo with a twist at Jamie's Long Beach Party!! Yum!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/sassypictures/cosmopolitan-cocktail-in-front-of-a-black-background-ulrich-schade.jpg

JenniferParisHusband
12-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Quick survey, while you're posting what you will be drinking,what is the worst beer you've ever had? Home-brews don't count.

Not sure about mine, in college there was an Ohio beer you could only get up around Toledo called "Old Buckeye." In 1992, it was 75 cents for a six pack of bottles, and still way over priced. It tasted like piss and rubbing alcohol. The other one, was in England, I've never seen it before or since. It was called Reg's Bumblebee Lager. It came in a black bottle with a yellow label, and tasted like warm spit and semen, maple syrup, and used-Guinness. Horrible.

Quiet Reflections
12-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Quick survey, while you're posting what you will be drinking,what is the worst beer you've ever had? Home-brews don't count.

Not sure about mine, in college there was an Ohio beer you could only get up around Toledo called "Old Buckeye." In 1992, it was 75 cents for a six pack of bottles, and still way over priced. It tasted like piss and rubbing alcohol. The other one, was in England, I've never seen it before or since. It was called Reg's Bumblebee Lager. It came in a black bottle with a yellow label, and tasted like warm spit and semen, maple syrup, and used-Guinness. Horrible. Worst I have had from what I can remember.....
old Milwaukee's best light(Beast)
Natural light
Miller Genuine Draft(MGD)
Red Dog
a few others too

danthepoetman
12-02-2012, 05:15 AM
Not sure about mine, in college there was an Ohio beer you could only get up around Toledo called "Old Buckeye." In 1992, it was 75 cents for a six pack of bottles, and still way over priced. It tasted like piss and rubbing alcohol. The other one, was in England, I've never seen it before or since. It was called Reg's Bumblebee Lager. It came in a black bottle with a yellow label, and tasted like warm spit and semen, maple syrup, and used-Guinness. Horrible.
Any commercial beer that taste like the metal vat used to make it, which is pretty much all of them... It has become disgusting to me, more used now to the oak taste of good whisky...

danthepoetman
12-02-2012, 06:42 AM
By the way, I'm finishing a bottle of Clynelish 14 years old, tonight. Bit of smoke, pretty much honey, dense body and a very characteristic taste of Dijon mustard on the finish. Really worth the taste. A delight!

buckjohnson
12-02-2012, 09:48 AM
151 rum...and I might pour that on some ass tonight

buttslinger
12-02-2012, 06:33 PM
ICE COLD BUD

Hiyoooo! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNXxDLhGpO0)

SammiValentine
12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
ginger lemon and ginseng tea. :D

mikelpo
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Jd and coke

robertlouis
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Hot soup. It's freezing out there.

mikelpo
12-02-2012, 06:43 PM
.... Or something from the furry cup

Quiet Reflections
12-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Any commercial beer that taste like the metal vat used to make it.
Molson Ice tasted like that

buckjohnson
12-07-2012, 08:45 AM
MGD beer.

talldudeil
12-15-2012, 01:35 AM
What I drink every night Jack and Coke - I am not an alcoholic cause I don't go to meetings, Just a drunk.