PDA

View Full Version : Rookie poster question

Arajscom
04-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Hello all,
A rookie poster here with a few questions,none meant to offend so if any do my apologies. Firstly, I would imagine that the goal of most ts’s is to eventually have surgery to make them fully female right? And secondly the one’s that do go thru the entire process, what percentage of them are happy after they have achieved this goal? I ask this because while I find pre op transsexuals very erotic and sexy, a post op does nothing for me and I would imagine for most men who are attracted to ts’s. Why would someone go for a post op as opposed to seeking out a ggirl if that was the case. I realize that the person having srs is doing it for themselves mostly but how many eventually find themselves in a relationship that is satisfying to them? Again I hope no one takes offense at any of my questions because no offense is meant. Thanks
Arajscom

Samantha
04-06-2006, 02:02 AM
Hello all,
A rookie poster here with a few questions,none meant to offend so if any do my apologies. Firstly, I would imagine that the goal of most ts’s is to eventually have surgery to make them fully female right?

By TS you mean MtF TS, I assume.

In answer to your first question, many people define a TS as someone who desires surgery, and would do it, if all things about the surgery were perfect. However, there are financial barriers and medical risks, so some do not go through it. If you accept this definition of a TS, then the answer is obviously - all of them. Other than that, there are really no reliable statistics to answer your question - TSism is at least somewhat uncommon and taboo, so there hasn't been that much research on it.

And secondly the one’s that do go thru the entire process, what percentage of them are happy after they have achieved this goal?

Again, no reliable statistics, but the few statistics that are out there do point to a high rate of success (happiness, etc) in treating TSism with SRS.

I ask this because while I find pre op transsexuals very erotic and sexy, a post op does nothing for me and I would imagine for most men who are attracted to ts’s. Why would someone go for a post op as opposed to seeking out a ggirl if that was the case.

Many TSes who are done with the whole process blend into society flawlessly in their new gender role. Many will get a male or female significant other who may never know or will only be told after the relationship begins. Also, many TSes tend to date other TSes. In addition, quite a few TSes are quite a catch attraction/personality/whatever else you consider important in a relationship - just because they are/were TS doesn't make them somehow less than a GG.

I realize that the person having srs is doing it for themselves mostly but how many eventually find themselves in a relationship that is satisfying to them?

Sadly, again, there aren't really any statistics on this.

Again I hope no one takes offense at any of my questions because no offense is meant. Thanks
Arajscom

None taken.

Arajscom
04-06-2006, 05:57 AM
Hello,
Samantha, thanks much for your reply. I appreciate it. yes I was talking basically about mtf. As far as the surgery goes, I would imagine it is very expensive and must be done by a surgeon with great skill. Years ago I heard an in depth discussion about the procedure on the Candy Jones show(does anyone remember that show) about male to female surgery and whew! I could not listen to the whole thing it was so descriptive. I give a lot of credit to anyone who has it performed on them. Again thanks for your to my questions,it is appreciated.
Arajscom