PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Has A Shitty Mailman?

Dino Velvet
11-09-2012, 02:53 AM
These mushmouths never get it right. Full of excuses always trying to blame the mail sorter. I call bullshit. The other day the fucker gave me a bundle of my neighbor's mail and them a bundle of mine. He might want to check the next package I hand him.

GrimFusion
11-09-2012, 03:00 AM
In his defense, if he's new; the mail service has probably been working the poor shmuck to the bone. They usually hand all the new guys the most grueling, shittiest routes possible and force them to work 10 hour shifts.

I used to live on the last street serviced in town. For about a year, the mail would always arrive at 4pm on the dot, but we got a new postal worker and from then on, the mail would show any time from 5pm to as late as 7pm. Some days it wouldn't show at all. He'd take our mail back to the sorting facility where it'd pile up for three or four days before they'd actually deliver it... at 5pm.

loren
11-09-2012, 03:03 AM
OMG, just a couple of weeks ago, we had a sub mailman. He had to be told by his supivisor to actually put the mail inside the mail box.

Dino Velvet
11-09-2012, 03:05 AM
Been going on for years. I could write a book on my mail service. My fault for not putting more in. Frustrating. When you go down there to complain they roll their eyes and smack their gum at you.

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 03:17 AM
Mine is great. I give her gifts on her birthday and Christmas, nothing big but a little thank you never hurts anybody. She gives us Christmas cards too.

Dino Velvet
11-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Mine is great. I give her gifts on her birthday and Christmas, nothing big but a little thank you never hurts anybody. She gives us Christmas cards too.

Mine have had the nerve to leave their information around Christmas time so I know who to make the check out to(or what to carve into the coal).

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 03:40 AM
my mailperson is good. i haven't had any issues since moving in here. when i lived in nj, the dude sucked ass

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 05:03 AM
Mine have had the nerve to leave their information around Christmas time so I know who to make the check out to(or what to carve into the coal).
That does suck. I asked my mail lady what the rules on accepting gift were but I wasn't going to get an address or anything. I thought that would seem odd. I think I would have looked at her sideways if she had given me her info unprompted, that seems a bit like asking for a gift and adults should be past that.

Dino Velvet
11-09-2012, 05:38 AM
That does suck. I asked my mail lady what the rules on accepting gift were but I wasn't going to get an address or anything. I thought that would seem odd. I think I would have looked at her sideways if she had given me her info unprompted, that seems a bit like asking for a gift and adults should be past that.

Just staked him out and got after him. Fuckin' 7:20 PM. Lazy SOB gets in the jeep after every house then drives to the next one over and over. Saw him do it. Nothing wrong with him. Flapping his gums on the cell phone too.

robertlouis
11-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Move to the UK. I live in a small village where the postman is an old friend who comes in for a coffee when he's finished his round, or we go to the pub.

Dino Velvet
11-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Move to the UK. I live in a small village where the postman is an old friend who comes in for a coffee when he's finished his round, or we go to the pub.

Hey Robert, thanks for responding. I was wanting to know how it is in your country. The place where you live always sounds nice. You said something jokingly about the worst riot was when the Pinot Gris suddenly got marked up. Something like that.

robertlouis
11-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Hey Robert, thanks for responding. I was wanting to know how it is in your country. The place where you live always sounds nice. You said something jokingly about the worst riot was when the Pinot Gris suddenly got marked up. Something like that.

That's right. They put the price up by 10p a glass in the pub and the whole bar shrugged at the same time, then slowly shook their heads before going back to discussing the weather.

People still talk about it three years on in very hushed tones.....

maxpower
11-09-2012, 08:49 PM
The mailman who does my neighborhood route is great. Mail comes at the same time every day like clockwork, and he's a nice guy as well. However, at the local Post Office, there is one clerk named Donna, who is the absolute worst. There are a few less than stellar clerks at this office, but she takes the cake. She is the most lackadaisical, unfriendly, mean, nasty, rotten cunt to ever hold a job anywhere. And everyone in town knows it. I've seen people who have been waiting in a long line let the person behind them go ahead of them, and wait even longer, just so they didn't have to go to this woman's window...more than once. I once saw the first three people in line decline to be waited on by her, so she just put her sign up and left the counter. There was an audible sigh of relief in the lobby. I don't know how this woman is allowed to keep her job. Now, if I have to go to the Post Office, I go to the one in the next town over. Nicer clerks and much better service.

Dino Velvet
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
That's right. They put the price up by 10p a glass in the pub and the whole bar shrugged at the same time, then slowly shook their heads before going back to discussing the weather.

People still talk about it three years on in very hushed tones.....

I probably botched it a bit but that was a good story. It gave me a real image of where you live. Sounds pleasant and, in many ways, the opposite of the chaotic lawlessness in LA. I know I belong here but I've always wanted to visit your country.

francisfkudrow
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
I sometimes get mail intended for recipients up to 5 blocks away. So, yeah, I guess my mailman is fairly shitty.

Wendy Summers
11-09-2012, 09:01 PM
I probably botched it a bit but that was a good story. It gave me a real image of where you live. Sounds pleasant and, in many ways, the opposite of the chaotic lawlessness in LA. I know I belong here but I've always wanted to visit your country.

You sound so sure they'd let you in.

Dino Velvet
11-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I sometimes get mail intended for recipients up to 5 blocks away. So, yeah, I guess my mailman is fairly shitty.

You know what's weird? I deliver mail to people who have no idea who I am. I'm a large male and these crazy neighborhood housewives just open the door to me without concern. Ted Bundy would make a real killing with these Whole Foods Zombies. Brown hair parted in the middle and everything.

danthepoetman
11-12-2012, 08:27 AM
I never get mail on friday. NEVER. Reasons are as obvious as they’re mysterious… HuH?? well, mysterious but easy to guess. Still better than something like this…

Anubis1779
11-12-2012, 04:09 PM
When I get something that won't fit into the mailbox, the bastard I have just fills out one of those slips to pick it up at the office instead of checking to see if I'm home first. Almost every time I know something like that is getting delivered I find a way to get out of work and am waiting for the package to arrive, only to find the slip in my mailbox later that day and not being able to pick the package up until the next day. He's pissed me off so much that I took the time to report him for the BS he pulls.

Stevie222
11-21-2012, 02:27 AM
My mailman is also a disaster. Literally half of the mail that I receive is not mine and he will skip our block at least one day per month. If you park a car in front of your box so that he has to get out of his truck, he is very likely to miss your house much more frequently. When I first moved to this house, I did that a few times, and surprise, no mail.

Too bad too, I'm an a really good tipper.