PDA

View Full Version : Good Day for Queer Stoners in WA state

DeliaTS
11-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Looks like both initiative 502 for the legalization of recreational use of marijuana AND referendum 74 for same sex marriage both passed in Washington State!!! :party:

trish
11-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Seattle has just become a spring break destination!

GrimFusion
11-07-2012, 09:33 PM
I always thought it'd be a cold day in hell if Washington ever passed marijuana decriminalization or same-sex marriage before Oregon. I always figured that California would lead the way, Oregon would follow suit, and Washington would be third-in-line, but I stand corrected.

DeliaTS
11-07-2012, 09:43 PM
Seattle has just become a spring break destination!

A tad more global warming and we'll be there.

I always thought it'd be a cold day in hell if Washington ever passed marijuana decriminalization or same-sex marriage before Oregon. I always figured that California would lead the way, Oregon would follow suit, and Washington would be third-in-line, but I stand corrected.

It's interesting that the marijuana decriminalization initiative passed by a bigger margin than the same-sex referendum. But yeah, Washington is a pretty progressive state especially west of the Cascades. East side is usually ultra conservative. But the pot initiative seemed to break those traditional roles with counties breaking more N/S.

tskisser
11-07-2012, 10:39 PM
I never thought I would consider leaving Portland and move to Vancouver... Now I just dont know

GoddessAthena85
11-07-2012, 11:47 PM
It's exciting. Washington is one of my favorite states, and has some truely stunning places and now it just got better.

youngblood61
11-08-2012, 03:07 AM
Im moving lol!:)

nysprod
11-08-2012, 03:56 AM
Looks like both initiative 502 for the legalization of recreational use of marijuana AND referendum 74 for same sex marriage both passed in Washington State!!! :party:

If a guy marries a TG, is that a same sex marriage? I wouldn't think so...

Ben
11-08-2012, 04:02 AM
Re: Good Day for Queer Stoners in WA state

Ben
11-08-2012, 04:07 AM
This is what we need to be concerned about....

Obama's War on Pot:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/obamas-war-on-pot-20120216

nysprod
11-08-2012, 04:13 AM
I don't have anything against pot per se, but when you think about the violence associated with the drug trade in places like Mexico and that terrorist organizations are huge players, it makes you think...

Odelay
11-08-2012, 04:20 AM
Well, you did lead on assisted suicide. I guess Washington got tired of following.

Ben
11-08-2012, 04:26 AM
I don't have anything against pot per se, but when you think about the violence associated with the drug trade in places like Mexico and that terrorist organizations are huge players, it makes you think...

The drug cartels and gangs are fighting a turf war. Much like Al Capone did during prohibition.
Legalize it, treat it as a medical problem... and the violence would disappear.
It's a sensible approach to take. And, too, as Gary Johnson pointed out: the most cost-effective.
The late journalist Alexander Cockburn pointed out that the so-called drug war is about social control and why would any government want to give that up.
Ron Paul is very good on this issue. I disagree with a lot of Paul's positions. But he's right about this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sje7RlXEf10

nysprod
11-08-2012, 05:14 AM
The drug cartels and gangs are fighting a turf war. Much like Al Capone did during prohibition.
Legalize it, treat it as a medical problem... and the violence would disappear.
It's a sensible approach to take. And, too, as Gary Johnson pointed out: the most cost-effective.
The late journalist Alexander Cockburn pointed out that the so-called drug war is about social control and why would any government want to give that up.
Ron Paul is very good on this issue. I disagree with a lot of Paul's positions. But he's right about this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sje7RlXEf10

Makes sense to me...in the meantime, buy from local growers!

DeliaTS
11-08-2012, 05:25 AM
If a guy marries a TG, is that a same sex marriage? I wouldn't think so...

Depends on if it is a MTF or FTM and where they are in there transition (pre-op/post-op).

It's exciting. Washington is one of my favorite states, and has some truely stunning places and now it just got better.

Come on up and see me ;)

nysprod
11-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Depends on if it is a MTF or FTM and where they are in there transition (pre-op/post-op).

Don't TG's consider themselves to be women whether they've fully transitioned or not?

DeliaTS
11-08-2012, 06:58 AM
Don't TG's consider themselves to be women whether they've fully transitioned or not?

I think of TG as an umbrella term that includes crossdressers, drag queens/kings and transmen.

nysprod
11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I think of TG as an umbrella term that includes crossdressers, drag queens/kings and transmen.

All this terminology can be a bit confusing so let me ask you...you're TS, didn't you always think of yourself as a woman?

Prospero
11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
When's the wedding then Delia? And will there be hash brownies at the reception?

You'll have to install checkpoints around the border and have patrols with guns to keep stoners out and smugglers in. I wonder if they'll refuse to let visitors partake (in the way that Amsterdam now limits consumption of cannabis to locals. Visitors used to be able to enjoy it at the clubs like the Paradisio)

danthepoetman
11-08-2012, 05:54 PM
All this terminology can be a bit confusing so let me ask you...you're TS, didn't you always think of yourself as a woman?
I don’t want to jump over an answer lovely Delia could give you, Nysprod. But you have to be careful not to confuse ts with tg, transsexual with transgender. As Delia was saying, transgender is a very general term which tend to put many different activities and fetishism within its meaning. Essentially, it refer to anyone who’s transiting from one sex to the other, breaking in some way the traditional limits between one and the other. Transsexual can include themselves in it; but they can also choose not too, as who they are is a result of a particular condition. You were right to point out its nature: a transsexual woman is a woman, it’s a biologically determined identity to the sex opposite to the genetic sex born with. Transgender is therefore a general, very wide and imprecise term, and transsexual on the contrary, defines something very precise.

nysprod
11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
I don’t want to jump over an answer lovely Delia could give you, Nysprod. But you have to be careful not to confuse ts with tg, transsexual with transgender.

Dan, I was trying to make the point that a man marrying a TSGirl isn't a same sex marriage...or shouldn't be considered one...

danthepoetman
11-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Well, it depends. Many t-women do have their legal change of gender status from courts, and therefore can marry normally. But indeed, such laws will make it easier to marry whether they do or don’t. This being said, it’s important for most tgirls, in my opinion, to legally change their status from masculine to feminine anyways; it's a matter of identity, nothwithstanding what it means for marriage. But I’ll let them answer you on their own…

GrimFusion
11-08-2012, 07:58 PM

Depends on where you live. Where I'm from, it's entirely avoidable as I only buy off of local growers or people supplied by them. If that Mexican weed is higher quality than local grow or if it's the only thing around, I can understand your point. Not all potheads are as discerning as I am and many of them don't care where their weed comes from so long as it's around and it gets them high.

DeliaTS
11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
When's the wedding then Delia? And will there be hash brownies at the reception?

You'll have to install checkpoints around the border and have patrols with guns to keep stoners out and smugglers in. I wonder if they'll refuse to let visitors partake (in the way that Amsterdam now limits consumption of cannabis to locals. Visitors used to be able to enjoy it at the clubs like the Paradisio)

It's going to be interesting to see how it all develops. We have already had issues with the increased boarder patrol presence and medical marijuana laws. I imagine there will be increased instances with state and federal laws clashing.

I don’t want to jump over an answer lovely Delia could give you, Nysprod. But you have to be careful not to confuse ts with tg, transsexual with transgender. As Delia was saying, transgender is a very general term which tend to put many different activities and fetishism within its meaning. Essentially, it refer to anyone who’s transiting from one sex to the other, breaking in some way the traditional limits between one and the other. Transsexual can include themselves in it; but they can also choose not too, as who they are is a result of a particular condition. You were right to point out its nature: a transsexual woman is a woman, it’s a biologically determined identity to the sex opposite to the genetic sex born with. Transgender is therefore a general, very wide and imprecise term, and transsexual on the contrary, defines something very precise.

Well, it depends. Many t-women do have their legal change of gender status from courts, and therefore can marry normally. But indeed, such laws will make it easier to marry whether they do or don’t. This being said, it’s important for most tgirls, in my opinion, to legally change their status from masculine to feminine anyways; it's a matter of identity, nothwithstanding what it means for marriage. But I’ll let them answer you on their own…

Thanks Dan for the more lengthy explanation. It doesn't really matter what I think of myself as when it comes to legal matters such as marriage. For instance after going through all the documentation changes I can at this point in my transition, the state of Washington recognizes me as a female and my drivers license has an F on it. But since I was designated a male at birth the federal government requires a letter from a qualified surgeon that I have had GRS (genital reconstructive surgery) in order to change my designation on any federal documentation to female even though I have been able to legally change my name at the federal level. So if I wanted to get a passport it would have my female name with a male designation.

So basically before the same sex marriage law I could have legally married a guy in the state of Washington. But if it was ever contested at a federal level there would be an issue.

Ben
11-11-2012, 05:38 AM
Another thing we need to do: shift to hemp...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huAQrkAg95o

Ben
11-12-2012, 02:00 AM
As US states legalize marijuana, is this the end of the drug war?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/11/eugene-jarecki-us-states-legalise-marijuana

Ben
11-22-2012, 06:10 PM
DEA Agent Says He Was Told Not To Enforce Drug Laws In White Areas:

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/11/dea_agent_says_he_was_told_not_to_enforce_drug_law s_in_white_areas.html

Ben
12-08-2012, 03:44 AM
Administration Weighs Legal Action Against States That Legalized Marijuana Use:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/us/marijuana-initiatives-in-2-states-set-federal-officials-scrambling.html?_r=0