PDA

View Full Version : Thank you America.

GroobySteven
11-07-2012, 08:43 AM
For making a vote that will continue for good.
For going to vote.

This is not a sports game. There are not personal winners or losers - there are real winners, and there are real losers.

Whether Obama will now manage to make even more changes than he has already, or no. We're on the right path.

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 08:48 AM
For making a vote that will continue for good.
For going to vote.

This is not a sports game. There are not personal winners or losers - there are real winners, and there are real losers.

Whether Obama will now manage to make even more changes than he has already, or no. We're on the right path.

I agree. And this BBC poll shows what the rest of the world wanted.

danthepoetman
11-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Some more storms are coming. No doubt in my mind Obama is the right man.
:iagree:

GroobySteven
11-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks for that Robert (and welcome back!) - great poll which really says it all.

Prospero
11-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Well done America

martin48
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Agreed! Now it's a short period of "all working together" then back to the Washington bun-fight. Shame

bassman2546
11-07-2012, 03:10 PM
As a Canadian, I was a little nervous as things progressed but happy with the end result. Romney, to me, was too trigger happy and I fully expected there would be another war somewhere within four years. I'm not worried about that with Obama.

envivision
11-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I guess I would send my hiked tax bill thanks to Bama to you . What's your address, Seanchai?

Obama Gangnam Style! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zPiQgUQt3E)

timxxx
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Sanity prevails :banana: :banana:

yubanwackenoff
11-07-2012, 04:14 PM
We are screwed...of course the rest of the world wants Obama, he makes us weaker...

trish
11-07-2012, 04:29 PM
I feel stronger already.:party::party::party::party::party::party:

tommy001
11-07-2012, 04:30 PM
As i said in another thread i don't know much about American politics, and to honest not that interested. The only point of interest for me is how he's going to tackle the debt? That will be some task to pay that amount off!

http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedstates

RallyCola
11-07-2012, 04:45 PM
last night, the school sponsored a mixer to watch the election results. i am not one to turn down an open bar so it was quite interesting to see how the faculty broke down. the clinicians albeit not everyone of them, favored Mitt and the basic scientists, mostly all of them, favored Obama. To me, the issue that was most divisive was your tax bracket because clinicians largely make 2-3x what a basic scientist makes.

Perhaps it is because i see myself as a researcher first, i'm happy obama won. that means continued support for the NIH and more federally funded grants.

Coming in this morning, I am a bit shocked to hear some of my grad students and techs talk about how disappointed they are in the results...and these are low paid students and researchers at Columbia.

So...in the end, for my career and country, I believe Obama was the right choice, but unfortunately I remain skeptical as to whether or not we can achieve any unity.

trish
11-07-2012, 05:36 PM
As i said in another thread i don't know much about American politics, and to honest not that interested. The only point of interest for me is how he's going to tackle the debt? That will be some task to pay that amount off!

http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedstates
I think he has a five point plan :D:party::party::party::party::party:

Chaos
11-07-2012, 05:45 PM
I spent most of last night watching my friends claim Romney losing as the end of the world...It was entertaining. I asked them if they thought he could have done anything,seeing as he'd get stonewalled in congress just as Obama did....No answer.
I asked them if they wanted to give more money to rich people....no answer...

I had one friend get worried that his son would get drafted....sigh...
I love a good meltdown or twenty....LOL!!!

loveboof
11-07-2012, 05:46 PM
http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/attachment.php?attachmentid=523832&stc=1&d=1352270884

That looks too close to call ! I think a recount is necessary...

(has OMK conceded yet? lol)

GroobySteven
11-07-2012, 05:52 PM
I guess I would send my hiked tax bill thanks to Bama to you . What's your address, Seanchai?

Obama Gangnam Style! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zPiQgUQt3E)

You can pay it - just like I pay my taxes in the USA and hope that social reform goes through instead of it just going to the usual lining of the pockets that the republicans do with our taxes.

nysprod
11-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Some more storms are coming. No doubt in my mind Obama is the right man.

Can you explain "wit is the opposite of money"...why would I feel more satisfied having less of either?

buttslinger
11-07-2012, 08:31 PM
BULLETIN

I tuned into conservative talk radio this morning

stupidity is still alive and well

The war will never end

but a major battle was just won

ed_jaxon
11-07-2012, 08:39 PM
We are screwed...of course the rest of the world wants Obama, he makes us weaker...

So you make a new sock puppet nick to share this?????

WHERE ARE THE REASONABLE CONSERVATIVES!?!?

tommy001
11-07-2012, 08:48 PM
That looks too close to call ! I think a recount is necessary...

(has OMK conceded yet? lol)

That's the spreadsheet chart Bill Clinton was doing up on his laptop lol

Wendy Summers
11-07-2012, 09:10 PM
So you make a new sock puppet nick to share this?????

WHERE ARE THE REASONABLE CONSERVATIVES!?!?

Refusing to acknowledge affiliation with EITHER party :dancing:

gunner55
11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
The rest of the world wants a weak America! So, Nobama gets the nod. I fear we will not recognize this country four years from now, we will look a lot like Greece. God help us.

Willie Escalade
11-07-2012, 10:11 PM
I see a lot of folks watch Fox News religiously...

Maybe if you all would work WITH the president and stop voting against every single thing that will help this country we can get some results.

Stop pouting, swallow your pride, and lets work together.

Willie Escalade
11-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Then again, we have events like this...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/university-mississippi-students-riot-obama-election_n_2088176.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Kinda like the Rodney King verdict, huh?

GroobySteven
11-07-2012, 10:36 PM
God help us.

That's your problem. Relying on a mythical figure. Considering voting in a guy who is part of a cult. Help yourself instead of asking for it.

danthepoetman
11-07-2012, 11:30 PM
World economy is crumbling. The Euro crisis is coming big time. Other debt crisis are on the horizon in Europe too, namely that of huge Italian economy. If something collapses anywhere today, everything else will everywhere. The last thing anybody need in this world integrated economy is a collapse of the American economy. If people everywhere in the world were so anxious to see Obama be re-elected, it's because the kind of abandon of protective measures by extreme right wings administrators (influenced by Tea party) would have definitely threatened the actual fragile equilibrium. With the situation he was in (remember when he took power: two unbudgeted wars and the biggest financial crisis since 1929), and with the constant opposition of the Republicans on anything he attempt, I find that Obama has performed miracles so far.

Can you explain "wit is the opposite of money"...why would I feel more satisfied having less of either?
You’re not the only one who doesn’t seem to understand my signature quotation, Nysprod. “Wit is the opposite of money. The less you have, the more you feel satisfied.” (Voltaire) It’s irony. The more you have money, the more you will feel satisfied, don’t you think? Well with wit, it’s the opposite; people who have less of it, seem happier with themselves than people who have more… I find that there are many examples of that in this very thread… Stupidity is usually satisfied of itself; it’s in fact its very nature, isn’t it? The more you get to know, in general, the more you understand how complex any fair answer on a difficult question can be, how subtle it has to be and how much you really have to know or be aware of. Dimmer lights will invariably try to convince you that it is on the contrary very simple and that they have the answer “easy”.
I'm glad you're giving me the opportunity to clarify that, Nysprod. Thanks!

Willie Escalade
11-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Well...at least racism didn't rear it's ugly head...*sarcasm

http://jezebel.com/5958490/twitter-racists-react-to-that-nigger-getting-reelected/gallery/1?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

bluesoul
11-07-2012, 11:34 PM
I spent most of last night watching my friends claim Romney losing as the end of the world...It was entertaining. I asked them if they thought he could have done anything,seeing as he'd get stonewalled in congress just as Obama did....No answer.
I asked them if they wanted to give more money to rich people....no answer...

I had one friend get worried that his son would get drafted....sigh...
I love a good meltdown or twenty....LOL!!!

it would've been more helpful if you tried to explain to them your view point rather than embarrassing them for your own entertainment. now they've learned nothing and (given a next time) will vote republican

Chaos
11-07-2012, 11:43 PM
it would've been more helpful if you tried to explain to them your view point rather than embarrassing them for your own entertainment. now they've learned nothing and (given a next time) will vote republican

Nah.My friends know I don't filter what I say. If they can't handle it they can delete me.And yes, I value my own entertainment over some bullshit crybaby act... I'm not even into politics and I knew as soon as Mitt insulted half of America he lost.

GoddessAthena85
11-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Take that Mitches!

danthepoetman
11-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Well...at least racism didn't rear it's ugly head...*sarcasm

http://jezebel.com/5958490/twitter-racists-react-to-that-nigger-getting-reelected/gallery/1?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
I’m afraid this speaks volumes on the state of American politics, Willie, and how amazingly difficult it has become to lead such a country…
And to think that President Obama yesterday in his speech insisted on how diversity makes America great –as opposed to Romney, who didn’t even congratulated his rival… When you observe America on the outside, you can’t help feeling it’s in great trouble. And worst: you have the feeling that one class of privileged citizens are able to largely impose political forces that only benefits their interests…
As to the twitter comments, what can possibly be said about something so inept? Nothing. No discussion possible, here. It’s simple mental retardation.

Willie Escalade
11-08-2012, 12:29 AM
...You have the feeling that one class of privileged citizens are able to largely impose political forces that only benefits their interests…
This is it right here.

bluesoul
11-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Nah.My friends know I don't filter what I say. If they can't handle it they can delete me.And yes, I value my own entertainment over some bullshit crybaby act... I'm not even into politics and I knew as soon as Mitt insulted half of America he lost.

i think you misunderstood what i said. instead of "entertaining yourself" you could've taken steps to educate them where you thought they were mistaken so that [if given the chance] they'd at least vote differently next time, but now as it stands, they'd probably make the same decision just as before.

Chaos
11-08-2012, 12:46 AM
i think you misunderstood what i said. instead of "entertaining yourself" you could've taken steps to educate them where you thought they were mistaken so that [if given the chance] they'd at least vote differently next time, but now as it stands, they'd probably make the same decision just as before.

Like I've said before,I'm not into politics. If anything all they're good for to me is a laugh. Maybe once this country stops beating itself up and calling itself names,THEN I might actually care. But when you have people ACTIVELY opposing things that would HELP people? All I can do is laugh....or get stressed out. I choose to laugh. Someday they'll come together and start fixing things...until then, I'm going to laugh. A lot.
Taking steps to educate my friends? I'm not a teacher. I'm a smartass. I learned all my most improtant lessons on my own...so can they.

GrimFusion
11-08-2012, 01:48 AM
I learned all my most improtant lessons on my own...so can they.

Right, besides; there are certain topics on which most would rather concoct their own opinions. Both politics and religion happen to fall into that category. The vast majority see it as "your version of the facts" and remain biased against all evidence. The "education" only gets through to so many because it's prominently interpreted as opinion. In other words, big waste of time.

Sacha
11-08-2012, 03:01 AM

This is all 100% fantastic and we are grateful this has come to pass...

I am living in Spain and we were all rooting for Obama to win. We were afraid that due to all the ("bought"/over-financed) bullshit propaganda that Romney would have been quite close to defeating him, and we were thankful that this was quite the contrary.

In fact Obama (correct me if I am wrong) actually did better than last time.... no??

Anyway, we can all see that he was "cock-blocked" so badly in the past 4 years by the GOP members in the senate whenever he tried to make changes - but now he has clawed back even more "seats"...

Here is a man (albeit a politician, and all that sadly entails) who seems to have good motives (and his wife apparently, as a driving force, has the same ideals for sure)... but was afraid to face the GOP full on before...

Let us hope that from now on, and with more balls and experience applied (especially due to the fact that he must realise he has a large part of the nation behind him more than ever), that he starts pushing the Republicans around harder in the senate as far as these badly needed reforms are concerned - and that he stops being such an apology for change.

I am not a US Citizen, but I do rejoice wholeheartedly in your victory, and may others learn from the moral of this tale too!

Chaos
11-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Exactly,Grim,exactly....
My education of my friends consists of one sentence.

"Don't be a fucktard,I'll never let you forget it."

And yes it applies to me too....

fred41
11-08-2012, 03:19 AM
–as opposed to Romney, who didn’t even congratulated his rival…

What are you talking about? He congratulated him. He said he congratulated him in the first full sentence of his concession speech

londonpirate
11-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Nothing is going to change, the us will still wage war on third world countries and f.. The environment.

Maxim616
11-08-2012, 03:44 AM
As impressive as President Obama's electoral rout, the ballot initiatives that passed were equally if not more impressive. Im from MA and we voted for medicinal pot and both
Washington and Colorado LEGALIZED weed!!! Not too mention Maryland and Maine voting for marriage equality. The country does appear to be moving forward.

Sean, Im curious to what the industry's reaction to condom vote. Are people going to move production to Florida or Nevada?

Yeah
11-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Actually China has past the US as the biggest polluter, but nothing we can do about it, they own are ass now.

Jimmy W
11-08-2012, 06:16 AM
Meet the new boss

Jimmy W
11-08-2012, 06:16 AM
same as the old boss

Jimmy W
11-08-2012, 06:17 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz