PDA

View Full Version : Obama Wins!

soul4real
11-07-2012, 06:29 AM
So does this mean he can do all the stuff everyone said he'd wait for the second term for? same sex marriage, marijuana law reforms, national trannyday

all that good stuff

danthepoetman
11-07-2012, 06:33 AM
YES!!!

:party::dancing:
:clover::dancing:

envivision
11-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Tax and Spend won.

TS Evelyn Summers
11-07-2012, 06:35 AM
FORCED into health care.

Free sex changes & Progynova pills for all I guess:)

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Some happy Republicans in Boston a few minutes ago. :whistle:

SXFX
11-07-2012, 06:51 AM
How pissed off is Faux news?
Very bad day for white people!
Very good day for those of us who can dance, drink and tan!

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 06:53 AM

Lots of white people are happy too.

SXFX
11-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Well those of us who like to have coffee in the mornings and who make under $250k!

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Well those of us who like to have coffee in the mornings and who make under $250k!

I'll join you in that! :iagree:

maxpower
11-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Now we get another 4 years of Congress stonewalling him on everything.

Ben
11-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Elizabeth Warren beats Scott Brown in Massachusetts Senate race:

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2012/11/06/polls-close-mass-suspense-builds-race-for-senate/sBRjd1kjA1q5fiiQRA2xcL/story.html

amberskyi
11-07-2012, 07:08 AM
well he can certainly get some reelected ass from me lol

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 07:09 AM
well he can certainly get some reelected ass from me lol

Is that a general offer, Amber? :dancing:

buttslinger
11-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Who's Obama?

Quiet Reflections
11-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Gary Johnson had a decent showing

Willie Escalade
11-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Now it's time to get back to work. The economy was on an upswing; it has to continue.

Where's OMK and the Scarecrow?

Cecil Rhodes
11-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Who's Obama?

Somebody's Puppet named Barry Sotoro .

DCGuy343
11-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Same sex marriage passed into law in Maryland tonight...

Marijuana laws passed in two states tonight (Colorado and one other, Oregon or Washington I think)

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

stan.smith
11-07-2012, 07:41 AM
yup go obama!! marijuana laws passed in Colorado and washington !! looks like im going to denver or Seattle!! any ts out there? lol

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 07:50 AM
That empty podium at Romney's HQ is deeply eloquent.

Flip or flop, Mitt?

Bopper007
11-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Now it's time to get back to work. The economy was on an upswing; it has to continue.

Unless they actually do something in the next couple of months, we'll fall off that Fiscal Cliff and the economy could plummet.

Cecil Rhodes
11-07-2012, 07:55 AM
That empty podium at Romney's HQ is deeply eloquent.....

Kind of like that fancy chair in London that has been empty for aprox 60 years .

hippifried
11-07-2012, 07:56 AM
yup go obama!! marijuana laws passed in Colorado and washington !! looks like im going to denver or Seattle!! any ts out there? lol

Well make up your mind which kind of joint you wanna be suckin' on.

Who's Obama?

O'Bama's that Irish guy.

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 08:01 AM
Kind of like that fancy chair in London that has been empty for aprox 60 years .

:confused::confused::confused:

danthepoetman
11-07-2012, 08:05 AM

I'll join you in that! :iagree:
Ditto...

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 08:08 AM
Ditto...

It's too early in the morning (6am), but I raise a virtual glass of fine malt to you and your countrymen this bright morning, Dan. Slainthe!

Cecil Rhodes
11-07-2012, 08:09 AM
:confused::confused::confused:

The one at that big house where the Sax-Coburg And Gotha family live .

danthepoetman
11-07-2012, 08:58 AM
"It's too early in the morning (6am), but I raise a virtual glass of fine malt to you and your countrymen this bright morning, Dan. Slainthe!"
Do dheagh shlŕinte, my friend!
Unfortunately, no emoticone with whisky glasses. But in any case,
:cheers:

Prospero
11-07-2012, 10:14 AM
It's a good bright morning in London - made sunnier still by the news from America.
Good work all of you.
Now for some challenging times ahead. Obama won't have an easy ride. Gains in the senate but Congress likely to be in even more hostile mode.

yubanwackenoff
11-07-2012, 06:13 PM
4 more years of hope. That really pays the bills

zerrrr
11-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Unless they actually do something in the next couple of months, we'll fall off that Fiscal Cliff and the economy could plummet.

Yes, for all the talk about medical mary jane, and other social issues the economy has some very pressing problems that need to be addressed in order for this country to move forward.

trish
11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
The best man won.:party::party::party::party::party:

Ecstatic
11-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Same sex marriage passed into law in Maryland tonight...

Marijuana laws passed in two states tonight (Colorado and one other, Oregon or Washington I think)

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

Also in Maine, which reversed a referendum passed in 2009 outlawing same sex marriage. That makes Maine and Maryland the first states to legalize same sex marriage by popular vote (not that civil rights should ever be subject to the tyrrany of the majority, but a major social development nonetheless) and the 7th and 8th to legalize same sex marriage by any means. This makes me proud of my home state (Maine) as well as my adopted home state (Massachusetts, the first to pass same sex marriage but by judicial fiat).

I think it was three states that legalized marijuana: Colorado, Washington, and Oregon. Massachusetts passed its medical marijuana law and years back decriminalized possession of an ounce or less (a $100 misdemeanor).

And congrats to Tammy Baldwin, the first openly gay senator, who captured Wisconsin's senate seat after a difficult fight. And also to Elizabeth Warren, who unseated Scott Brown (not bad as Republicans go, but hey, this is Massachusetts, what!).

Much to celebrate, though much work to do, especially to avoid that looming fiscal cliff.

youngblood61
11-07-2012, 07:12 PM
It was a good night.:cheers:

ed_jaxon
11-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Maaaannnnnnn!

I fought the crowd but made it up to the front for the celebration here in Chicago and it was worth almost 7 hours of standing to witness what the country has accomplished.

Sequestration is a scary propostition now that the Repubs don't have the accountibility of the electorate to face for 2 years. Without bipartisan support the draconian measures are a near certainty and will undoubtedly be placed at Obama's feet by the right.

Hang on folks, the next 2 months are going to be rocky.

This is eerily reminiscient of Chicago's first black Mayor, Harold Washington who had to fight his city council tooth and nail for the most basic of things. The same miscreants who vilified him while alive now sing his praises as a great mayor in death.

Watch, when Obama's term is over many will claim him as a trailblazer and a great man while demonizing him while in office.

amberskyi
11-07-2012, 08:31 PM
Just woke up in the white house y'all.Obama told me to tell y'all thanks for the support.now excuse me I have to go back to congratulating the president...*bends over* lol

martin48
11-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Just woke up in the white house y'all.Obama told me to tell y'all thanks for the support.now excuse me I have to go back to congratulating the president...*bends over* lol

The best is yet to come?

Just wondering

LittleGuy
11-07-2012, 09:51 PM

How much did you charge him?

amberskyi
11-07-2012, 10:03 PM
How much did you charge him?

Lol #weak

ILoveGG&TS
11-07-2012, 10:11 PM
How about an "Obama Won" special for us elderly guys that want a hot session with you? Will I need to show you my AARP card to prove my age and to get the special?

Ben
11-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Everyone move to Colorado -- ha ha ha! ;)
I'm not pro marijuana. But it's a sensible and judicious approach to drugs.

Colorado marijuana legalization challenges US drug war:

http://www.coloradoan.com/viewart/20121107/NEWS11/311070043/Colorado-marijuana-legalization-challenges-US-drug-war?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

Ben
11-08-2012, 03:54 AM
Colorado and Washington became the first U.S. states to legalize the possession and sale of marijuana for recreational use on Tuesday in defiance of federal law, setting the stage for a possible showdown with the Obama administration:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/07/us-usa-marijuana-legalization-idUSBRE8A602D20121107

Odelay
11-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Maaaannnnnnn!

I fought the crowd but made it up to the front for the celebration here in Chicago and it was worth almost 7 hours of standing to witness what the country has accomplished.

Sequestration is a scary propostition now that the Repubs don't have the accountibility of the electorate to face for 2 years. Without bipartisan support the draconian measures are a near certainty and will undoubtedly be placed at Obama's feet by the right.

Hang on folks, the next 2 months are going to be rocky.

This is eerily reminiscient of Chicago's first black Mayor, Harold Washington who had to fight his city council tooth and nail for the most basic of things. The same miscreants who vilified him while alive now sing his praises as a great mayor in death.

Watch, when Obama's term is over many will claim him as a trailblazer and a great man while demonizing him while in office.

Damn, Ed! Wish I'd known. I would have paid more attention to the shots of the crowd. Saw a lot of the people up front during the television coverage, but didn't see you. Good for you to have been so close. Although I think the Obama family would have been more cautious on stage if they had been aware that a perv like you was so close. :party:

Ben
11-08-2012, 05:02 AM
The futility of climatespotting: No matter what he says, Obama can’t make big moves on climate:

http://grist.org/climate-energy/the-futility-of-climatespotting-no-matter-what-he-says-obama-cant-make-big-moves-on-climate/

95racer
11-08-2012, 05:10 AM
The parasites won.

The house of cards that the world and Unites States economy is on is about to crumble (it already is in Europe). Keep printing money baby and move around the debt. What a fuk’in joke. I thought Carter was bad.

Chaos
11-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Wow....that's SOME prejudice.... Parasites...
You know if people stopped sending jobs overseas less "parasites" would be on assistance....
If people stopped overtaxing middle class and poor people and started making big business accountable for it's share....less "parasites"
I suppose handicapped and disabled people are parasites too?
Yes there are SOME people getting Welfare that make excuses why they're on it....but to call all of them Parasites is ridiculous.

robertlouis
11-08-2012, 05:57 AM
The parasites won.

The house of cards that the world and Unites States economy is on is about to crumble (it already is in Europe). Keep printing money baby and move around the debt. What a fuk’in joke. I thought Carter was bad.

Hey guys, Mitt Romney just joined HA! :dancing:

Yeah
11-08-2012, 05:58 AM

On the flip side of that is, the people who don't drink coffee in the morning because they don't have to get up and they don't make a yearly income.

Ben
11-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Wow....that's SOME prejudice.... Parasites...
You know if people stopped sending jobs overseas less "parasites" would be on assistance....
If people stopped overtaxing middle class and poor people and started making big business accountable for it's share....less "parasites"
I suppose handicapped and disabled people are parasites too?
Yes there are SOME people getting Welfare that make excuses why they're on it....but to call all of them Parasites is ridiculous.

It's called: Failure by Design:
http://www.epi.org/publication/failure-by-design/

danthepoetman
11-08-2012, 06:56 AM
We live in such conjuncture that we can’t expect anyone, not president Obama and not anyone either, to do great. The margin manoeuvre is razor thin. But I’m reassured that it’s Obama up there rather than someone who only has the interests of the wealthiest at heart. We can’t expect miracles, and we won’t get any. The only hope we should entertain right now is to come out of this crisis without loosing the house…:2cent

Willie Escalade
11-08-2012, 11:30 PM
http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com/

Boo hoo. Stop alienating half the country and try working with the democrats. Those same folks you want out of your party do more than you think to keep this country going....like give birth to children. It was YOUR party's policies and your stubbornness to compromise that's holding us down.

Yeah
11-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Republicans have a lot of faults, but so do Democrats. The biggest problem is they both think their right.

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Republicans have a lot of faults, but so do Democrats. The biggest problem is they both think their right.
the biggest problem is there is no difference between the two

trish
11-09-2012, 12:53 AM
the biggest problem is there is no difference between the two

Some issues on which Republicans and Democrats took different stands:

Evolution, is there really a question here?
Pay Equity for Women, is it wrong?
Forced Vaginal Ultrasounds, are they a good thing?
Should FEMA continue as a Federal agency?
Pre-existing conditions, should they be covered?
Same Sex Marriage or the Protect Marriage Act?
Bin Laden, was it worth nailing him?

thombergeron
11-09-2012, 01:34 AM
The parasites won.

How long until Obama gets those FEMA camps going?

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Some issues on which Republicans and Democrats took different stands:

Evolution, is there really a question here?
Pay Equity for Women, is it wrong?
Forced Vaginal Ultrasounds, are they a good thing?
Should FEMA continue as a Federal agency?
Pre-existing conditions, should they be covered?
Same Sex Marriage or the Protect Marriage Act?
Bin Laden, was it worth nailing him?
Both parties are made up of for profit war mongers that don't give a shit about the people of this country. They argue about simple stuff to draw our attention away from the fact that behind closed doors they are working together to keep us poor and them rich and in power. The small differences they exhibit are only there to keep the people divided.

natina
11-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Key and Peele: White Obama voters are now ‘honorary black people’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/07/key-and-peele-white-obama-voters-are-now-honorary-black-people/

This morning the comedy team Key and Peele released a new message from President Barack Obama’s “Anger Translator,” Luther, in which he reacted to the 2012 election results.
In these sketches, Keegan-Michael Key plays the character Luther, who is the brash, outspoken id of the more sedate “Obama,” played by Jordan Peele.
“Good evening, my fellow Americans,” began Peele as Obama, “I just want to thank you for your continued faith…,” he said, before Key as Luther lunged from out of nowhere to catch a football pass thrown from offscreen.

Whoooo!” shouted Luther from the floor. “We won!”
Obama went on to say that he wishes his opponent Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) well and congratulate him on a good campaign.
“Take that shit back to the lab, Mitt!” Luther bellowed. “‘Cos ya lost!”
“We will move forward on pressing issues,” continued Obama.
“We gon’ pass health care,” said Luther, “AGAIN! Now what, bitches?”
The president thanked all of the voters who turned out in support, to which Luther announced, “White people who voted for me? You are all now honorary black people!”

“And thank you for your support,” Obama said.
“And fuck you if you tried to fuck me!” Luther translated. “I mean, you know how much money they spent trying to get rid of this? Millions, son! I said millions! But you can’t get rid of me, aw nah.”
He then began to do what is known in the colloquy as “the Hammer-Time dance.” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo)
“Luther, what’d I tell you?” said the president. “No hammer dancing.”
“Come on, B! We won! Let’s do it, dawg!” said Luther.
“No, now, I told you, I don’t want you doing it wrong,” Obama said, rising and beginning to dance. “If you’re gonna do it, you gotta get it right. God bless America!”

Key & Peele: Obama's Anger Translator - Victory - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX8tL3PMj7o&feature=player_embedded)

Very good day for honorary black people!

Ben
11-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Servants and Masters

The Special Interests Won Again
by PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/11/08/the-special-interests-won-again/

trish
11-09-2012, 03:46 AM
Both parties are made up of for profit war mongersThat's why Obama ended the war in Iraq and has set a deadline to pull out of Afghanistan. :roll:

No one person can get rid of the military-industrial-communications complex (MICC) and no party is immune to the advances of their armies of lobbyists. But there's one party that thrives on the bread and butter of the MICC and a few states with economies entirely dependent upon the MICC. You know who you are.

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 03:52 AM
Both parties are made up of for profit war mongers that don't give a shit about the people of this country. They argue about simple stuff to draw our attention away from the fact that behind closed doors they are working together to keep us poor and them rich and in power. The small differences they exhibit are only there to keep the people divided.

the words of a poor jaded person who is powerless by his choice, not because he is being held down by the right, left or middle.

if the government of this country is working to keep you without power and poor, please feel free to leave for a better place.

i don't know what's worse....the wide-eyed optimists that think their party is the answer to all issues or the pessimist that thinks there is no answer. both of you are useless cunts.

Ben
11-09-2012, 04:13 AM
Of course, Obama isn't to blame for this.... But Obama's Justice Department refused to prosecute any of the Bush administration officials who committed war crimes. Namely John Yoo and others... (I mean, to me, well, adoring and fawning over the likes of Obama is, well, like fawning over the likes of Rex Tillerson. It seems strange. I mean, why don't people go gaga over CEO and Chairmen of ExxonMobil Rex Tillerson? They're part of the same system, the same structure.)

Iraq records huge rise in birth defects

New study links increase with military action by Western forces:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/iraq-records-huge-rise-in-birth-defects-8210444.html

Ben
11-09-2012, 04:22 AM
About that Iraq withdrawal (http://www.salon.com/2011/10/21/about_that_iraq_withdrawal/)

Both parties work to churn out myths regarding the President's announcement that all troops will leave by year end

By Glenn Greenwald (http://www.salon.com/writer/glenn_greenwald/)

As Glenn Greenwald points out: "... the troop withdrawal is required by an agreement which George W. Bush negotiated and entered into (http://www.alternet.org/world/108925/iraqi_parliament_approves_status_of_forces_agreeme nt/) with Iraq and which was ratified by the Iraqi Parliament prior to Obama’s inauguration."
Odd that Obama gets all the credit -- ha ha!

http://www.salon.com/2011/10/21/about_that_iraq_withdrawal/

trish
11-09-2012, 04:25 AM
Proesute Bush for war crimes! People say he wasted his political capital on health care. I haven't seen anyone fawning or going gaga over Obama this time around. But unlike the willfully blind everybody-is-the-same-crowd most people saw clear distinctions between these two candidates and chose accordingly.

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 04:51 AM
the words of a poor jaded person who is powerless by his choice, not because he is being held down by the right, left or middle.

if the government of this country is working to keep you without power and poor, please feel free to leave for a better place.

i don't know what's worse....the wide-eyed optimists that think their party is the answer to all issues or the pessimist that thinks there is no answer. both of you are useless cunts.
The average citizen is powerless. The people in power are going to do whatever they want regardless of how we vote. It all comes down to whether or not you vote for the guy that will do it in your face or the guy that is going to do it behind your back.

Yeah
11-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Like i said. Both have faults and are always think their views are right. plus twist things to the extreme.

robertlouis
11-09-2012, 06:39 AM
The average citizen is powerless. The people in power are going to do whatever they want regardless of how we vote. It all comes down to whether or not you vote for the guy that will do it in your face or the guy that is going to do it behind your back.

Did you vote?

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 06:44 AM

can the average citizen change tax codes, marital laws or defense expenditures? no...but that's the whole point of common laws and government. without it, it would be chaos and while it might sound nice in theory, its really not.

look...many people are jaded and mistrustful of government, but that's really because you are ultimately unhappy with your own situation and want someone to blame.

i really don't see why you think there are evils being perpetrated against you and like i said, if it is so bad here, go someplace more to your liking.

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Like i said. Both have faults and are always think their views are right. plus twist things to the extreme.

ultimately very few people can admit that there is only 1 truth to any situation. there is no left or right fact...there is only fact and how you decide you want to be biased in your interpretation. that's why our government moves so slowly...too much bickering and as always, the extremists always scream the loudest

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 07:06 AM
can the average citizen change tax codes, marital laws or defense expenditures? no...but that's the whole point of common laws and government. without it, it would be chaos and while it might sound nice in theory, its really not.

look...many people are jaded and mistrustful of government, but that's really because you are ultimately unhappy with your own situation and want someone to blame.

i really don't see why you think there are evils being perpetrated against you and like i said, if it is so bad here, go someplace more to your liking.
I'm actually very happy in my life but that doesn't mean I have to like one side over the other. I think they are both very dishonest.

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Did you vote?
yes.

JamesHunt
11-09-2012, 07:09 AM

Seriously, you arent insinuating that the Republicans will put their own agenda above the interests of the American people?

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm actually very happy in my life but that doesn't mean I have to like one side over the other. I think they are both very dishonest.

you are not being consistent. i am not asking you to pick one side or the other. you are saying that they are both the same when they are not. moreover you are saying that the government exists to fuck you over, either to your face or behind your back, but then you are very happy with your life. it is in vogue to try to be all counterculture and against the establishment as well as the bicameral system, but you've offered nothing but inconsistent complaints without a viable alternative.

there are many people who share your POV and like it said, its a useless POV. if you think there is a problem...do something about it...run for office yourself. if you think you are powerless, then stop complaining.

i'll take a pseudo-oligarchy half capitalist/half socialist system any day over almost every other country's system world wide

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Seriously, you arent insinuating that the Republicans will put their own agenda above the interests of the American people?

no...i don't think he is saying that at all. i think the republicans have the interests of the american people at the forefront of their agenda. i think their definition of who the american people are is just different than the democrats.

the american people for republicans: white males who earn a hefty wage
the american people for democrats: anyone who will vote against a republican

the difference is that republicans will protect their american people to the death where the democrats don't.

robertlouis
11-09-2012, 07:24 AM
i'll take a pseudo-oligarchy half capitalist/half socialist system any day over almost every other country's system world wide

That describes France, Germany, Japan and the UK more or less to a T. The big difference is that we're not afraid of recognising the socialist content in our politics. Too many Americans are in denial or vociferously opposed to the notion of a mixed economy when it is, in fact, exactly what they've got - and how they'd miss it if it was run on pure market principles.

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 07:29 AM
That describes France, Germany, Japan and the UK more or less to a T. The big difference is that we're not afraid of recognising the socialist content in our politics. Too many Americans are in denial or vociferously opposed to the notion of a mixed economy when it is, in fact, exactly what they've got - and how they'd miss it if it was run on pure market principles.

i chose my words carefully because we are not a democracy..we are a representative republic or pseudo-oligarchy and we have a mixed economy. the fucking new deal was the biggest socialist movement in this country that conservatives and liberals alike protect. we subsidize so many industries and commodities. but you nailed it...too many americans have a false sense of nationalism and what we really are.

i never said that the average american was smart...hey look....if the average american was smart, bleeding heart liberals and bible thumping conservatives wouldn't run the 2 parties. more moderates could be more vocal.

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 07:34 AM
you are not being consistent. i am not asking you to pick one side or the other. you are saying that they are both the same when they are not. moreover you are saying that the government exists to fuck you over, either to your face or behind your back, but then you are very happy with your life. it is in vogue to try to be all counterculture and against the establishment as well as the bicameral system, but you've offered nothing but inconsistent complaints without a viable alternative.

there are many people who share your POV and like it said, its a useless POV. if you think there is a problem...do something about it...run for office yourself. if you think you are powerless, then stop complaining.

I'm inconsistent because my personal life is good? So I should be jobless and homeless to disapprove of how or system works? I don't pretend to have all the answers but whats being served up just doesn't suit me.

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 07:39 AM
I'm inconsistent because my personal life is good? So I should be jobless and homeless to disapprove of how or system works?

no...of course not. don't be silly because if you were jobless, you'd love how our system works.

but you are simply being inconsistent in what vexes you about our system. moreover, i've yet to hear a suggestion for improving it. complaints without any ideas of how to improve it or change it are as usless as a pimple on my asshole. sure its fun to poke at, but the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

robertlouis
11-09-2012, 07:40 AM
i chose my words carefully because we are not a democracy..we are a representative republic or pseudo-oligarchy and we have a mixed economy. the fucking new deal was the biggest socialist movement in this country that conservatives and liberals alike protect. we subsidize so many industries and commodities. but you nailed it...too many americans have a false sense of nationalism and what we really are.

i never said that the average american was smart...hey look....if the average american was smart, bleeding heart liberals and bible thumping conservatives wouldn't run the 2 parties. more moderates could be more vocal.

Ok, maybe it's because I'm a UK liberal - which probably makes me trotskyist in US terms lol* - but while I think you've nailed the definition of the republicans, the dems are a long way from espousing genuinely bleeding-heart values. The other major difference is that as long as they remain in thrall to the Tea Party, the fundamentalists in the GOP will actively pursue their regressive social and religious ideals into policy. The Democrats are infinitely more pragmatic. Their change will be incremental and cautious, but it will still be change.

*Our present PM, who is leading the most right-wing government in a generation, would be seen as a communist in the US because of his adherence to the NHS, by the way! "Socialised medicine", which is essentially basic healthcare paid via taxes, operates successfully in the rest of the developed world. Why should the US continue to be different? And that's where the lobbyists of the second most powerful bloc in the US after defence, the healthcare lobby, have somehow managed to fool people into thinking it's evil. I really shake my head.

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 07:53 AM
no...of course not. don't be silly because if you were jobless, you'd love how our system works.

but you are simply being inconsistent in what vexes you about our system. moreover, i've yet to hear a suggestion for improving it. complaints without any ideas of how to improve it or change it are as usless as a pimple on my asshole. sure its fun to poke at, but the novelty wears off pretty quickly.
You are correct, I haven't offered up any ideas on how to improve or change our system but as far as why I don't like our system my opinion has never changed.

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Ok, maybe it's because I'm a UK liberal - which probably makes me trotskyist in US terms lol* - but while I think you've nailed the definition of the republicans, the dems are a long way from espousing genuinely bleeding-heart values....

my wife and i are both registered democrats however i will first concede that US and UK definitions of "liberal" differs substantially.

So, while I cannot impress upon anyone else what a bleeding heart liberal is, I can tell you that my wife embodies my definition. She is the type of liberal that puts her fingers in her ears whenever any republican speaks and could easily be confused for a marxist because she likes large expansive federally funded progams

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 07:58 AM
You are correct, I haven't offered up any ideas on how to improve or change our system but as far as why I don't like our system my opinion has never changed.

so....can you provide a differentiated argument that doesn't depend on itself? first you said dems and repubs are the same. then you said our system sucks. then you said that because they are the same our system sucks. which is it? the chicken or the egg?

if you are so inclined...please provide reasons...
1) why dems and repubs are the same
2) why our system sucks other than them being the same

robertlouis
11-09-2012, 08:20 AM
so....can you provide a differentiated argument that doesn't depend on itself? first you said dems and repubs are the same. then you said our system sucks. then you said that because they are the same our system sucks. which is it? the chicken or the egg?

I wouldn't say that your system sucks , as such, but when the founding fathers designed the bicameral system with its inbuilt checks and balances on executive power, it's unlikely that they foresaw the situation which exists now and ran for some time under Clinton, ie. a virtual sclerosis of government which does much more than place checks on the office of president. With the house yet again under the control of a bunch of recalcitrant buffoons who will stop at nothing to prevent Obama enacting anything at all, the governmental process simply grinds to a halt and meanwhile the economy slides inexorably towards the fabled fiscal cliff. Let's hope that this time around Obama takes the gloves off and shames these neanderthals into acting responsibly at long last and not like spoiled kids who aren't getting their own way.

robertlouis
11-09-2012, 08:21 AM
my wife and i are both registered democrats however i will first concede that US and UK definitions of "liberal" differs substantially.

So, while I cannot impress upon anyone else what a bleeding heart liberal is, I can tell you that my wife embodies my definition. She is the type of liberal that puts her fingers in her ears whenever any republican speaks and could easily be confused for a marxist because she likes large expansive federally funded progams

Sounds like she's more to the left than I am, so I guess you're right lol. I'm happy to debate with conservatives in the UK, but I think I'd probably resort to violence with some of the taliban tendency in the GOP.

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 08:39 AM

That is not a chicken or egg statement since them being the same actually does suck. Im not a student of politics nor will i pretend to be but I do know what I see and I see two parties run by corporations that only see us as dollar signs. While they my differ on the few issues that the for profit media covers it is the ones that aren't up for debate that they agree on that are the problem. With so few real differences between them people just argue over silly thing that don't really matter at the end of the day. We the people seem to gladly look the other way and smile while they line their pockets with cash and infringe on our civil liberties.

Northof60
11-09-2012, 08:53 AM

Don't think so. If the GOP tries that again it will be the end of that party and they know it.:banghead

Prospero
11-09-2012, 09:03 AM
http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com/

Boo hoo. Stop alienating half the country and try working with the democrats. Those same folks you want out of your party do more than you think to keep this country going....like give birth to children. It was YOUR party's policies and your stubbornness to compromise that's holding us down.

If Mitt Romney and the GOP had won the election and OnMyKnees, Faldur or one of the other Republicans here had posted something mocking black people I think some people - maybe a lot - would have felt it was way outta line.

I share 100 per cent your euphoria at the re-election of Obama. And I've attacked the racists in here over and over - and pointed up the racist element of the GOP's strategy. I agree that the GOP tactic have policies and stubborness that is holding the US down.

This was an important election and an important win. And Obama is, of course, far more than just another president. His importance as the first African American to achieve the highest office in the US is historic.

But i think your post was rather inappropriate. A massive white vote also went to "our" man (I put "our" because, of course, as a Brit, i can't vote.)

robertlouis
11-09-2012, 09:32 AM
If Mitt Romney and the GOP had won the election and OnMyKnees, Faldur or one of the other Republicans here had posted something mocking black people I think some people - maybe a lot - would have felt it was way outta line.

I share 100 per cent your euphoria at the re-election of Obama. And I've attacked the racists in here over and over - and pointed up the racist element of the GOP's strategy. I agree that the GOP tactic have policies and stubborness that is holding the US down.

This was an important election and an important win. And Obama is, of course, far more than just another president. His importance as the first African American to achieve the highest office in the US is historic.

But i think your post was rather inappropriate. A massive white vote also went to "our" man (I put "our" because, of course, as a Brit, i can't vote.)

I think Willie simply posted the link, Prospero, and it's that which talks about white people. And insofar as the neanderthal tea party faction is exclusively white, the narrow definition of those mourning Romney's defeat isn't wrong either.

However, you're also quite correct to emphasise the broad coalition of interests, minorities and ethnic groups who united to to vote Obama in for another four years.

What's most disappointing and disturbing is that all that's come from the GOP apologists so far has essentially ignored the demographic truth and tends to suggest that they will drive their party even further into the political wilderness in pursuit of their curious mix of religious fundamentalism, intolerance, paranoia and hate.

That's reflected in the few comments from the right that have appeared here so far, ranging from the incoherent to paranoid conspiracy theory. The electorate looked at what you had to offer, didn't like it and voted for something else. Get over it and move on after thinking about the direction you're heading in and whether it's right for your party or for the US

They're talking to themselves and ignoring reality. We can only hope that somewhere in there are wiser heads who can halt the rightward rush that began under Nixon and his personal brand of paranoia.

And in the meantime, think about your country and its needs and work WITH your President.

Prospero
11-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Yes - I was referring to the link.

On the Republican response, the more thinking right wingers here are, by and large, mute right now. The idiots are in exile or posting gibberish.

But the US nation has a tough battle ahead. I wish them well - all of them whatever their race or religion. Time to get together and let the differences go.

I liked the fact Romney called for a bipartisan approach in his concession speech. But Boehner already signalled that the obduracy of the House is likely to remain unchanged when he called for co-operation but also demanded tax cuts. Business as usual.

And of course Trump called for a revolution. lol

RallyCola
11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
someone should punch trump in the head until their hand breaks then take pictures and show the world what his head really looks like without a team of hairdressers to fix it with silly putty.

Willie Escalade
11-09-2012, 03:47 PM
That's why I posted the link...to show its a party of exclusion.

And yes, had Obama lost I would have eaten crow. But since his party welcomed ALL races, nationalities and such, the chances of him losing were narrowed down, especially against a challenger like Romney. His party is willing to work with everyone; Romney's party...well, click the link.

Prospero
11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Hmmm... I think that, much as i loathe the racism in many parts of the GOP, that they do work with people of colour (please tell me what the present correct way to address African Americans and other ethnic minorities is collectively) ... Allen West for instance (though he is an awful character) and, in the past, Condoleeza Rice... to identify just two people who enjoy or have enjoyed power and influence in the GOP.

Quiet Reflections
11-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Hmmm... I think that, much as i loathe the racism in many parts of the GOP, that they do work with people of colour (please tell me what the present correct way to address African Americans and other ethnic minorities is collectively) ... Allen West for instance (though he is an awful character) and, in the past, Condoleeza Rice... to identify just two people who enjoy or have enjoyed power and influence in the GOP.
just call us black as far as other minorities go I couldn't tell you

Prospero
11-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks Quiet

loveboof
11-09-2012, 04:54 PM
The electorate looked at what you had to offer, didn't like it and voted for something else. Get over it and move on

And in the meantime, think about your country and its needs and work WITH your President.

Although I pretty much agree with what you wrote there, if the roles were reversed and Romney had won, how would you feel if their supporters told you to just get over it and work WITH him because he's now in office?

You know we'd never shut up about all the blunders and mistakes he was making!

I'm happy Obama got back in because for one reason I couldn't trust a single judgement call Romney would make about anything given he has looked at the facts and come to the conclusion that Mormonism makes sense! lol

Prospero
11-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Give Mitt a get out re Mormonism. Didn't he grow up as a Mormon though - which means it was sorta bred in the bone.

TheGeneral
11-09-2012, 06:01 PM
This was a choice election. It is what both the repubs & dems wanted...America to make a choice. We did.

If Romney had won I would feel the same way. Living in TX I could see the hate in folks eyes & the pure disgust when the annoucement rolled in. When Bush won by just 260 votes, I didn't run around saying say he wasn't my president or that evil won. When Clinton was president I don't remember folks running around with signs trying to take their America back.

The south & middle of this country needs to come to the realization (I'm almost ashamed that in 2012 this is still an issue) being American doesn't have a race associated with it (well not amymore after a few amendments & a civil war, folks should be saddened that it took all that just to treat other Americans born in the USA equally).

South went into a devestating & bloody war rather than give other Americans equality. This election proves you will not just pander to the White electorate & ignore 47% of the electorate who seem to want stuff like a doctor. If there is a lesson to be learned...I just gave it to you. Food for thought get a plate!

The bubble bursted for a lot of folks on Tues night. All the data said Romney was going to lose but stupid things like reality, facts, polling data & math got in the way with folks in the Romney campaign & over at SlyFox news (swiper no swiping this election).

In order to compromise with someone you have to respect that person & their point of view. I respect moderate republican views. I would have voted for Huntsman actually but he didn't last long in the Rep party. A republican who believes in science, yep he's headed to the Smithsonian in what I believe is called the moderate republican display.

Jumping off my soapbox now to look at some hot ts bitches.

maxpower
11-09-2012, 09:26 PM

Yeah. Boehner and McConnell have already started.

SunshyneMonroe
11-10-2012, 03:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6AyZHKrjnI

BluegrassCat
11-10-2012, 03:50 AM
It's nice that every once and a while we do something that future Americans won't look back on and think, "what a bunch of fucking morons."
The arc of history is long but it bends toward justice and Tuesday bent it in the right direction.

Ben
11-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Now the Work of Movements Begins:

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/now_the_work_of_movements_begins_20121107/

Ben
11-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Grading Obama's First Term:

http://www.onthemedia.org/2012/nov/09/grading-obamas-first-term/

Badgrammar7
11-10-2012, 06:15 AM

White people can't tan?????? What world are you living in?

Willie Escalade
11-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Some folks in Louisiana are so out of the loop, they want to secede. THIS is what immtaking about when I say they want to work AGAINST the president instead of WITH him. :smh

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-louisiana-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/1wrvtngl

robertlouis
11-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Some folks in Louisiana are so out of the loop, they want to secede. THIS is what immtaking about when I say they want to work AGAINST the president instead of WITH him. :smh

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/peacefully-grant-state-louisiana-withdraw-united-states-america-and-create-its-own-new-government/1wrvtngl

Presumably the reintroduction of slavery will be at the top of their agenda.....

GrimFusion
11-10-2012, 07:42 AM
1,657 idiots, eh? Considering this is Louisiana we're talking about, they'll probably make those petition vote totals by December 7th... and then the petition will be thrown out.

robertlouis
11-10-2012, 07:51 AM
1,657 idiots, eh? Considering this is Louisiana we're talking about, they'll probably make those petition vote totals by December 7th... and then the petition will be thrown out.

As its Louisiana, i guess they all come from one family.

danthepoetman
11-10-2012, 09:15 AM
What are they demanding: reattachment to France? lol

Willie Escalade
11-10-2012, 06:20 PM
That's why I posted the link...to show its a party of exclusion.

And yes, had Obama lost I would have eaten crow. But since his party welcomed ALL races, nationalities and such, the chances of him losing were narrowed down, especially against a challenger like Romney. His party is willing to work with everyone; Romney's party...well, click the link.

Someone else's take on that link...

http://www.theroot.com/views/white-people-mourning-more-romney?page=0,0

gaysian71
11-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Tax and Spend won.

Both Republicans and Democrats are Tax and Spend parties. They just choose to spend differently.

GrimFusion
11-10-2012, 07:46 PM

Did you know that among the turn-out of voters supporting Romney in the 2012 elections, only 23% were Hispanic and 27% were Asian? Honestly, I expected those numbers to be lower, especially considering Romney's posed policies on immigration reform. Then again, I'd imagine it's pretty easy to forget about all of the illegal immigrants in this country when the voters themselves are no longer illegal immigrants. Only 7% of Romney's votes were from African Americans.

Let's backtrack a little and take race out of this debate. Romney actually did better among college graduates and the working class than Obama did. Why is that? I can understand that the working class just want somebody different in office after the last four years and that difference somehow translates to betterment. I'd think that college graduates would be MORE educated on campaign issues, though.

Willie Escalade
11-10-2012, 10:33 PM
I'd also think college graduates would do the math and see Romney/Ryan's tax plan just doesn't add up. The poor sure did. The facts don't lie; biased "economists" do.

fred41
11-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Did you know that among the turn-out of voters supporting Romney in the 2012 elections, only 23% were Hispanic and 27% were Asian? Honestly, I expected those numbers to be lower, especially considering Romney's posed policies on immigration reform. Then again, I'd imagine it's pretty easy to forget about all of the illegal immigrants in this country when the voters themselves are no longer illegal immigrants. Only 7% of Romney's votes were from African Americans.

Let's backtrack a little and take race out of this debate. Romney actually did better among college graduates and the working class than Obama did. Why is that? I can understand that the working class just want somebody different in office after the last four years and that difference somehow translates to betterment. I'd think that college graduates would be MORE educated on campaign issues, though.

Your wording is slightly off...those are not percentages of Romney's vote (which was mostly white...something like 88%)..those are vote percentages of those particular races. In that respect, the percentages were incredibly low.

even more interesting is the fact that many Asians and Hispanics are very conservative...(I believe people from India and Pakistan, who tend to also be very conservative are considered Asian)...so yes,that percentage above is really quite low.

GrimFusion
11-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Your wording is slightly off...those are not percentages of Romney's vote (which was mostly white...something like 88%)..those are vote percentages of those particular races. In that respect, the percentages were incredibly low.

even more interesting is the fact that many Asians and Hispanics are very conservative...(I believe people from India and Pakistan, who tend to also be very conservative are considered Asian)...so yes,that percentage above is really quite low.

You're right. No wonder I was a bit alarmed at how high those percentages were. I can't find good numbers through Google though, so if you stumble upon them, I'd be a bit interested to find out what they actually are.

Hispanics tend to be socially conservative voters, but that just means they vote as a bit of a wildcard; not necessarily pro-democrat or pro-republican, rather however their personal morals and religious beliefs (if any) align them.

Neither president has tried to specifically incite Asian-American voters this election, but they tend to support an activist government and usually vote democratically.

Surprisingly, both demographics support the idea of "big government" as opposed to a small government which would offer fewer services and social programs. Both demographics voted overwhelmingly democratically on tax reform, taxing the rich, and immigration issues.

luv4Tgirls
11-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Gee that is to bad he won, we have for four yrs. under his poor efferts to do anything. Oh wait he shove Obama care down our throats, which is full tax increases.
Plus Democrats already want to add 2.5 trillion to the debt, so more than likey after another 4 yrs we will be over 20 trillion in debt

Prospero
11-12-2012, 01:49 AM
I assume that the poor spelling and grammar of the last posting was intended to signal that the comment was satire.

JamesHunt
11-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Yeah. Boehner and McConnell have already started.

I was being cynical.. OK, sarcastic

No wonder Obama looked pissed off in the first debate, maybe he was thinking I don't need four more years of this shit

maxpower
11-12-2012, 03:25 AM
I was being cynical.. OK, sarcastic

No wonder Obama looked pissed off in the first debate, maybe he was thinking I don't need four more years of this shit

I thought maybe you were, but wasn't sure. Sarcasm doesn't always translate into text.

robertlouis
11-12-2012, 03:40 AM

Many thanks for that link Willie. I'll be following the Root from time to time - Keli Goff appeared on the BBC's election coverage and was excellent - independent and objective while the other pundits were loudly flexing their partisan muscles.

natina
11-13-2012, 11:20 PM
all white people that voted for OBAMA

you are now HONORARY BLACK PEOPLE

Key & Peele: Obama's Anger Translator - Victory - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX8tL3PMj7o&feature=player_embedded)

robertlouis
11-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Defeated Rep congressman Allen West refusing to accept the result of the democratic process. This is the election that just keeps on giving. Enjoy.....

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Z4PV-85uQ&feature=g-high-c

robertlouis
11-13-2012, 11:48 PM
And the giving continues.....

PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona woman, in despair at the re-election of Democratic President Barack Obama, ran down her husband with the family car in suburban Phoenix on Saturday because he failed to vote in the election, police said on Monday.

Holly Solomon, 28, was arrested after running over husband Daniel Solomon following a wild chase that left him pinned underneath the vehicle.

Daniel Solomon, 36, was in critical condition at a local hospital, but is expected to survive, Gilbert police spokesman Sergeant Jesse Sanger said.

Police said Daniel Solomon told them his wife became angry over his "lack of voter participation" in last Tuesday's presidential election and believed her family would face hardship as a result of Obama winning another term.

Witnesses reported the argument broke out on Saturday morning in a parking lot and escalated. Mrs Solomon then chased her husband around the lot with the car, yelling at him as he tried to hide behind a light pole, police said. He was struck after attempting to flee to a nearby street.

Obama won the national election with 332 electoral votes compared with 206 for Republican challenger Mitt Romney. Arizona's 11 electoral votes were won by Romney.

Prospero
11-13-2012, 11:50 PM
and this...

http://samuel-warde.com/2012/11/woman-writes-n-word-writes-about-obama-assassination/

natina
11-14-2012, 12:06 AM
The white vote doesn't decide elections anymore. One can't simply appeal to white racial angst and expect to be victorious. Future presidential candidates will have to be able to communicate ideas to people of a variety of complex identities and not alienate any of them in the process through a visible hostility.

thombergeron
11-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Defeated Rep congressman Allen West refusing to accept the result of the democratic process. This is the election that just keeps on giving. Enjoy.....

So pleased to see Obama re-elected, but these little gems in the down-ticket races are giving me the most pleasure. Adios, Colonel West. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

And speaking of the west, my home state of California has voted the Republican Party into irrelevancy. The Democrats now have super-majorities in both the Assembly and State Senate, meaning there is no need to involve any Republican legislators in the budget process at all.

So, say Hello to adequate funding of public services! We've missed you.

Prospero
11-14-2012, 12:13 AM
California, once seen as the home of every kooky gets really wise in its old age

trish
11-14-2012, 12:20 AM
PHOENIX (Reuters) - An Arizona woman, in despair at the re-election of Democratic President Barack Obama, ran down her husband with the family car in suburban Phoenix on Saturday because he failed to vote in the election, police said on Monday.
God bless each republican male who thought about getting up to vote and then looked over at his angry republican wife and said, "Hey honey, pass me the remote." May they rest in peace and may their wives serve time in jail and never be allowed, as felons, to vote again.

Los Angeles resident
11-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Final electoral map.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Final_electoral_map-1.png

Associated Press.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Associated_Press.png

New York Times.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/New_York_Times-1.jpg

Washington Post.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Washington_Post.png

Chicago Tribune.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Chicago_Tribune.png

Los Angeles Times.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Los_Angeles_Times.png

Columbus Dispatch.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Columbus_Dispatch.png

Globe & Mail (Canada).

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Globe_and_Mail.png

Times of London (United Kingdom).

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Times_of_London.png

Le Monde (France).

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Le_Monde.png

Sydney Morning Herald (Australia).

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Sydney_Morning_Herald.png

Media Matters.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i169/AndrewInPhoenix/Media_Matters.png

Tarik Abaddon
11-14-2012, 03:52 AM
I had to rub it in my friend's face after the results came in because he loathes Obama and he was so sure Mit would win. "I told you so" was never sweeter.

I was much more excited to read the articles regarding marijuana in Washington and Colorado, it's about damn time! I just hope more states follow in their footsteps and that the federal government will acknowledge the state/peoples will.

Merkurie
11-14-2012, 05:40 AM
Message to the Republican Party:
Never Go Full Retard - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo)

"You go full retard, you go home empty handed."

Willie Escalade
11-14-2012, 06:00 AM
www.twitter.com/WPMourning

Sorry...but I'm loving it...

luv4Tgirls
11-14-2012, 06:10 AM
You know Natina, just because a white person didn't vote for the oh Mighty one doesn't mean we are racist. So sick of hearing that, it meant we didn't like the piss poor job he is doing as a president. Wake up, 3 million out of work, 78 billion in food stamps, over 16 trillion in debt, soon to go to almost 20 trillion, Fast and Furious, Libya.
So it's not because he's black, it's because he is WAY over his head

Ben
11-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Watch S.E. Cupp Reduce Bill Maher’s Panel to Obscenities Over Obama’s Foreign Policy:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/watch-s-e-cupp-reduce-bill-mahers-panel-to-obscenities-over-obamas-foreign-policy/

Merkurie
11-14-2012, 06:43 AM
I hate to interrupt this thread but:
S.E. Cupp is so damn fuckable.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.

Ben
11-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Louis Farrakhan on Obama:

Louis Farrakhan on Obama: 'That's a Murderer in the White House' - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCjX7KPfguI)

Ben
11-14-2012, 06:59 AM
Cornel West: Sharpton Sold Soul for Obama:

Cornel West: Sharpton Sold Soul for Obama - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0wDIEmn8mQ&feature=plcp)

Ben
11-14-2012, 07:06 AM

She certainly is....

Ben
11-14-2012, 07:36 AM

An atheist, too... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jylns8rzNBo

Merkurie
11-14-2012, 07:55 AM
No one is an atheist when they are cumming.
:)

Willie Escalade
11-14-2012, 08:00 AM
Dammit...why are the chicks so hot on Fox News? Dammit MSNBC...step your game up!

natina
11-14-2012, 08:15 AM
fox news blames the republicans for the many people on welfare.

those videos where just jokes,satire,comedy

Key & Peele: Obama's Anger Translator - Victory - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX8tL3PMj7o&feature=player_embedded)[/

all white people that voted for OBAMA

The white vote doesn't decide elections anymore. One can't simply appeal to white racial angst and expect to be victorious. Future presidential candidates will have to be able to communicate ideas to people of a variety of complex identities and not alienate any of them in the process through a visible hostility.

You know Natina, just because a white person didn't vote for the oh Mighty one doesn't mean we are racist. So sick of hearing that, it meant we didn't like the piss poor job he is doing as a president. Wake up, 3 million out of work, 78 billion in food stamps, over 16 trillion in debt, soon to go to almost 20 trillion, Fast and Furious, Libya.

natina
11-14-2012, 08:55 AM
YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!

CBS News: "Percent Increase In Beneficiaries During Mr. Bush's Presidency Was Higher Than It Has Been Under Mr. Obama." CBS News noted that the increase in food stamps enrollment "hardly makes Obama the 'best food stamp president in American history,' " adding that the "percent increase in beneficiaries during Mr. Bush's presidency was higher than it has been under Mr. Obama." From CBS News:

But Gingrich goes too far to say Obama has put more on the rolls than other presidents. We asked the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food and Nutrition service for month-by-month figures going back to January 2001. And they show that under President George W. Bush the number of recipients rose by nearly 14.7 million. Nothing before comes close to that.
And under Obama, the increase so far has been 14.2 million. To be exact, the program has so far grown by 444,574 fewer recipients during Obama's time in office than during Bush's.
It's possible that when the figures for January 2012 are available they will show that the gain under Obama has matched or exceeded the gain under Bush. But not if the short-term trend continues. The number getting food stamps declined by 43,528 in October. And the economy has improved since then. [FactCheck.org, 1/18/12 (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-01-18/fact-check-gingrich-obama-food-stamps/52645882/1)]
CBS News: "Percent Increase In Beneficiaries During Mr. Bush's Presidency Was Higher Than It Has Been Under Mr. Obama." CBS News noted that the increase in food stamps enrollment "hardly makes Obama the 'best food stamp president in American history,' " adding that the "percent increase in beneficiaries during Mr. Bush's presidency was higher than it has been under Mr. Obama." From CBS News:

While the number of people on food stamps is indeed at a record level, that's in part because of eligibility rules being relaxed under the administration of George W. Bush. It's also due in part to the economic downturn that began under Mr. Bush.
[...]
For the most recent month with available data, October 2011, 46.2 million people were enrolled in the food stamp program, which is formally known the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Since Mr. Obama took office, the percent increase in enrollment has been 44.5 percent.
However, that percentage increase hardly makes Obama the "best food stamp president in American history," at least when you look at the question proportionally. The percent increase in beneficiaries during Mr. Bush's presidency was higher than it has been under Mr. Obama: The number of beneficiaries went from 17.3 million in 2001 to 28.2 million in 2008 -- an increase of 63 percent in years that are mostly considered non-recessionary. [CBS News,1/17/12 (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57360568-503544/white-house-gingrich-food-stamp-claim-is-crazy/)]

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/10/04/fox-ignores-food-stamp-facts-to-push-dependency/190375

stimpy17
11-14-2012, 09:47 AM
He is sooo smooth! Ah, but I could use a job.
Sorry I forgot it's Bushs fault.

luv4Tgirls
11-14-2012, 04:46 PM
No my facts are straight, I don't get them from a media who is so in love the FUCKIN' Idoit. They lie the public just like he is lying to people.
Talk out your ass in January when your taxes go up, plus the increases with Obama care.
As he continues his war on oil, coal and now natural gas

trish
11-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Yes, there is a war on oil and coal, their enemy is natural gas. Just about every coal and oil plant in the country is converting to natural gas. Why? Because of the newly discovered practice of fracking. It's so new there are virtually no regulations in place. The industry is in a rush to exploit every property owner in the country who lives above a field of gas rich shale. Enjoy your chemically enhanced water.

RallyCola
11-14-2012, 08:57 PM
i love it how for years foreign oil and coal were evil for financial and political reasons but no one wants to allow fracking or nuclear power plants in their area.

wind farms and solar energy are not realistic answers for more that 70% of the country/grid. i'm for reducing coal and oil dependence but the best way is to allow fracking and expand nuclear capabilities while exploiting solar and wind power where we can.

trish
11-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm against importing foreign coal because we got plenty of our own, and West Virginia is looking so much more beautiful now that they leveling off those horrid mountain tops. Actually I'm not against foreign oil. The way I see is why not use up foreign oil first__then ours will be that much more valuable? I love it how people complain about regulations against fracking, until it's their water that catches fire and becomes unusable.

thombergeron
11-14-2012, 09:19 PM

No, no necessarily racist, but certainly highly selective in your outrage for some as-yet-unrevealed reason.

People who are looking at real data know exactly when the U.S. economy suffered its heaviest job loses, and it wasn't during the Obama administration. Natina has provided some data that should help you understand when the largest increases in the welfare roles occurred, as well. The 2001 and 2003 tax cuts have already cost this country $1 trillion. If the Republicans in Congress had allowed only the upper income tax cuts to expire, as Obama asked, that revenue would have paid down the debt by $980 billion over the next 10 years. Medicare Part D, also debt-financed, has added another $1 trillion to the debt.

I'm sure you're also aware, but apparently don't care, that Fast and Furious was not the first ATF gun-walking scandal. And four foreign-service workers killed during a riot in Libya is certainly tragic. But in terms of real national security debacles, I'm going to go with the Iraq War, which, as we know, was launched for no real reason and cost this country at least $3 trillion, over 33,000 casualties, and our international credibility.

Until right-leaning voters such as yourself are ready to come to grips with the fact that the the Bush Administration was an unmitigated disaster for this country, this kind of niggling and uninformed whining about the Obama Administration is just going to sound disingenuous.

Many of us firmly believe that people like you are being disingenuous because Obama is a black man. But I admit, we must allow for the possibility that you are not racist, and that you're being disingenuous here solely because Obama is a Democrat. Perhaps you can enlighten us.

Ben
11-15-2012, 04:52 AM
Obama should adopt some of Paul's principles.... Not all. As I have disagreements with Paul. But a lot of what he says is very good.

Ron Paul's Final Speech to Congress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1y-xhZUIJw

Willie Escalade
11-16-2012, 01:22 AM
The creator of the White People Mourning Romney Tumblr page speaks! SHE tells us why she did it.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/12793/20121115/exclusive-white-people-mourning-romney-creator-jenny.htm

natina
11-16-2012, 02:03 AM
EXCLUSIVE: 'White People Mourning Romney' Creator Jenny Feinberg Talks GOP Racism, Women In Politics, And How To Make Your Blog Go Viral [INTERVIEW]
"That's why I started the blog, ultimately. I think it's important for me to have this platform as a white person. You should never be accused of using a 'race card' if you want to talk about race. But since that's still the
How quickly did it take to go viral after creating White People Mourning Romney? When did major tastemakers like Ryan Murphy and Matt Drudge start taking notice?

JF: About 24 hours. We had 100K hits on Wednesday, and 1 million unique views by Thursday. [We were discussed] or mentioned in 20 articles by Friday. I realized how much this message was resonating with people. We really hit a nerve with regard to the limitations of and exclusivity in the Republican party. Just when I thought the hype was calming down, more news kept coming out about butthurt Republicans.

I realized, "This is actually a trend!" People can't fathom the notion of their leadership losing because Fox News has been feeding them lies. That, to me, is the most daunting and unfortunate thing to come out of this election cycle. And frankly I also think it's funny.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/12793/20121115/exclusive-white-people-mourning-romney-creator-jenny.htm

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/data/images/full/2012/11/15/3263-romney.jpg

doctor screw
11-16-2012, 02:23 AM
:mad:
The creator of the White People Mourning Romney Tumblr page speaks! SHE tells us why she did it.

I left a insightful response the comment section

Females+Shemales
11-24-2012, 02:33 PM
I want to thank all my fellow Obama supporters. I know we did the right thing!