PDA

View Full Version : twitter friend or foe

shemalefritzie
11-06-2012, 11:09 PM
hi all ive been nagged to join twitter so finally gave up and joined but it seems very dull whats all the hype about and is it worth it???
xxx

Chaos
11-06-2012, 11:33 PM
I am on twitter and to be honest......It's boring. Granted, I'm not really a person to talk about my day to the people that follow me. I originally started it to give my art a better chance to be seen by a few game designers I know in Florida,but that never went anywhere,so I seldom use it anymore. I spend more time deleting Junkmail from my Email accounts....hahaha.

Jericho
11-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Like your tits, don't care what you had for breakfast.
I'm pretty much in the enemy camp! :shrug

LibertyHarkness
11-06-2012, 11:38 PM
i use twitter for promoting my site etc to my fans etc ...

GrimFusion
11-06-2012, 11:57 PM
hi all ive been nagged to join twitter so finally gave up and joined but it seems very dull whats all the hype about and is it worth it???
xxx

I don't know. I have a twitter account too, and I'm not very fond of my posts being limited to 140 characters. It's more or less an outlet for self-righteous blather save for a top dusting of quality users. People worth following rarely ever interact with their followers, and everything that can be done on twitter can be done on Facebook.

I used to use a social media aggregation website that would allow me to make one post, and it'd repost it to my twitter, facebook, and myspace accounts so I didn't have to do it separately. I just stopped using it, though. I simply talk to most of my friends on the phone like an old codger.

It's good for advertising and promotional purposes I guess. That's about the only positive I can come up with. I don't see how it's any different from Facebook in that regard either, but you might be appealing to a large group of people who use twitter and not facebook.

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/e4/08/e408b4_3954863.jpg

martin48
11-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I can see commercial interest but personal content - ugh!

Dino Velvet
11-07-2012, 01:29 AM
No Twitter for me. I just open the window and holler.