PDA

View Full Version : Happy Election Day!!!

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 01:54 PM
I just voted about 40 min ago. Have you?

Cecil Rhodes
11-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes . I was the 1st to vote at my Poll . I also saw a Voter Fraud Attempt .

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 02:57 PM
did it involve donuts?

Cecil Rhodes
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
did it involve donuts?

Nope, but she was wearing a hoodie

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Nope, but she was wearing a hoodie

was she offering blowjobs for your vote?

Cecil Rhodes
11-06-2012, 03:06 PM
was she offering blowjobs for your vote?

No, but she was an unwed mother . She didn't even look old enough to vote and had a voter info card from some place over 100 miles away .

phillyguy21
11-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm thinking about voting for Jill Stein because I read that she is on the ballot in PA. If not, I just won't vote.

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 03:48 PM
I'm thinking about voting for Jill Stein because I read that she is on the ballot in PA. If not, I just won't vote.

well, it is the same thing either way. a wasted opportunity.

i'm not saying a 2 party system is good...i am saying by abstaining, you are wasting your right as a citizen and by voting for someone you know has no chance is pointless too because ultimately, who ever wins won't care how strong of a turnout the green party candidate has.

also, jill stein's green new deal is fucking communism wrapped up in a bow.

tommy001
11-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I hope they do better for you over there. We have clowns here in the UK no matter what party they're from. Promise everything and deliver nothing. That's why i'll never vote again.

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 05:16 PM
I hope they do better for you over there. We have clowns here in the UK no matter what party they're from. Promise everything and deliver nothing. That's why i'll never vote again.

the problem is that most elections are all the same...you have to choose the best of who decided to run. i'll let you in on a little secret...almost all of the time its true...the most qualified person for any job doesn't have it

LibertyHarkness
11-06-2012, 05:20 PM
this is why i should be the emperor of earth and have every country under my control alone .. much easier eh :)

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 06:18 PM
eh...i don't think so. like everyone who thinks they are right and just...you might have some dissension to your rule.

the answer is simple...we elect a puppy. almost everyone likes puppies and if you don't we chop you up and feed you to the puppy

tommy001
11-06-2012, 06:21 PM
this is why i should be the emperor of earth and have every country under my control alone .. much easier eh :)

I might just vote for Libby if she was to stand as a candidate. I'll do your election poster.

Willie Escalade
11-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Got my vote on!

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 07:36 PM
leave it to LA to make voting look like you are going to a rock concert.

in ny...you just show up hands in your pocket, sign your name, fill out your form and scan the bitch. do i wish we had touch screens like other states, yes...but our system seems to work ok

maxpower
11-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Voted.

I found this interesting.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/watch-glitch-voting-machine-pennsylvania-171806481--election.html

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 10:51 PM
so...according to CNN, there is a 40something % chance (i have no idea where they pulled this number from) that the popular vote and electoral vote would be split where romney wins the popular vote and obama wins the electoral vote. if that happens...i wonder if such reported technical difficulties could be a large part of the problem.

that said...don't you think its sad that we can't have virtually fool-proof voting machines in 2012? i mean...come on...even if we had to buy them from china, these are machines that should be in perfect working order if any were today

GroobySteven
11-06-2012, 10:51 PM
and this one needs to go to jail:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/06/oregon-elections-worker-fired-after-allegations-ballot-tampering/

GroobySteven
11-06-2012, 10:52 PM
that said...don't you think its sad that we can't have virtually fool-proof voting machines in 2012? i mean...come on...even if we had to buy them from china, these are machines that should be in perfect working order if any were today

It's atrocious that the self-professed greatest nation on earth, can't run an election without these problems every single time.

WendyWilliams
11-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Voted!

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 10:56 PM
It's atrocious that the self-professed greatest nation on earth, can't run an election without these problems every single time.

earlier i had a debate with my pi where i argued that both sides didn't want to correct the issues with voting / voter fraud so just in case they lost, they would have an argument.

for pete's sake...there was a lady out on canal street last night giving tarot readings and using the square on her phone to take credit card...certainly we can have voting machines that work...unless, no one cares about a few glitches for a built in excuse

maxpower
11-06-2012, 11:06 PM
so...according to CNN, there is a 40something % chance (i have no idea where they pulled this number from) that the popular vote and electoral vote would be split where romney wins the popular vote and obama wins the electoral vote. if that happens...i wonder if such reported technical difficulties could be a large part of the problem.

I'm pretty sure that in 2000, Gore won the popular vote while losing the electoral.

Didn't I read somewhere also, that the makers of the voting machines (Diebold, NCR, and others) are large contributors to the Republican party, and the Koch brothers are connected to one of them as well?

fred41
11-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Voted. It took two hours though because only one scanner worked...at first. Then they seemed to correct the problem. Whatever.
Go out there and vote!!!

RallyCola
11-06-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that in 2000, Gore won the popular vote while losing the electoral.

Didn't I read somewhere also, that the makers of the voting machines (Diebold, NCR, and others) are large contributors to the Republican party, and the Koch brothers are connected to one of them as well?

yes, you are right...mostly.

history records that gore won the popular vote and bush won the electoral college. what history doesn't always report is that the victory in the electoral college was won by 537 votes in florida after massive disqualification of votes. we all know it happened but its really underreported AND people don't really seem to mind. that 2000 election was NOT as clear cut as the other times in the 19th century where the popular of EC vote were split.

that said, the difference this time is that we are predicting a 40% chance that it can occur...people never expected it in 2000. that there is a 40% chance that it will occur is far more significant because it raises so many questions about fraud, absentee and provisional ballots, etc in this election

Willie Escalade
11-07-2012, 12:41 AM
My polling station has the old fashion mark-your-card method. Slide your card in, make sure it's connected to those two holes, open the booklet, and mark your ballot by filling in the circle with that mini marker. Simple, and to the point. Those electronic machines seem too sketchy...and too easy to manipulate.

maxpower
11-07-2012, 12:48 AM
yes, you are right...mostly.

history records that gore won the popular vote and bush won the electoral college. what history doesn't always report is that the victory in the electoral college was won by 537 votes in florida after massive disqualification of votes. we all know it happened but its really underreported AND people don't really seem to mind. that 2000 election was NOT as clear cut as the other times in the 19th century where the popular of EC vote were split.

that said, the difference this time is that we are predicting a 40% chance that it can occur...people never expected it in 2000. that there is a 40% chance that it will occur is far more significant because it raises so many questions about fraud, absentee and provisional ballots, etc in this election

Oh, I agree...Florida 2000 was a mess.

maxpower
11-07-2012, 12:52 AM
My polling station has the old fashion mark-your-card method. Slide your card in, make sure it's connected to those two holes, open the booklet, and mark your ballot by filling in the circle with that mini marker. Simple, and to the point. Those electronic machines seem too sketchy...and too easy to manipulate.

We have similar type cards where I live in CT. The electronic machines seem VERY sketchy to me as well. Up until just a few years ago, we were still using the old pull-the-lever style mechanical voting booth.

fred41
11-07-2012, 12:55 AM
We have similar type cards where I live in CT. The electronic machines seem VERY sketchy to me as well. Up until just a few years ago, we were still using the old pull-the-lever style mechanical voting booth.
I liked those machines.
As long as you didn't listen to the befuddled,geriatric person telling you how to use it (often wrong)and just read the easy instructions...you were fine.

GroobySteven
11-07-2012, 12:55 AM
I don't think I've ever waited more than 10-15 mins to vote. No wonder the USA has the least voter turn out among any Western democracy. I think I'd skip voting if I had to queue for over an hour?
Why does it take so long?

maxpower
11-07-2012, 01:09 AM
I don't think I've ever waited more than 10-15 mins to vote. No wonder the USA has the least voter turn out among any Western democracy. I think I'd skip voting if I had to queue for over an hour?

It may depend on when you go. For instance, if you go around noon, it's super-busy because many people are voting on their lunchbreak. I went at around 2 pm and was in and out in 5 minutes.

Willie Escalade
11-07-2012, 01:51 AM

It may depend on when you go. For instance, if you go around noon, it's super-busy because many people are voting on their lunchbreak. I went at around 2 pm and was in and out in 5 minutes.

Got to my polling station around 7:45am...about fifteen folks in front of me. That line went fast though because of about 30polling booths. I was in and out within thirty minutes...and I had my parents with me.

Queens Guy
11-07-2012, 02:18 AM

I think we should go back to the old pull-the-lever mechanical voting booths.
Simple enough to test. No chance of hacking into the system. Greater confidence that it was an accurate count of the vote.

sp fan
11-07-2012, 02:41 AM
I just voted about 40 min ago. Have you?

dumb thread unless your on the corporate payroll getting kickbacks. whats so happy about an election that takes away the right of their citizins and is rigged and fixed.

fuck you

Chaos
11-07-2012, 02:54 AM
dumb thread unless your on the corporate payroll getting kickbacks. whats so happy about an election that takes away the right of their citizins and is rigged and fixed.

fuck you

Please...I don't even vote and I can see you're an idiot.

First off it is "unless you're on the payroll"
Second, Citizens
And third, rigged? If you REALLY think Americans wouldn't notice a rigged poll then you are the biggest moron i know. If you're going to PRETEND to be smart at LEAST learn to spell....

maxpower
11-07-2012, 02:55 AM

fuck you

Lighten Up Francis - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k)

GroobySteven
11-07-2012, 02:57 AM

fuck you

He's had a warning/been flagged - so just ignore and don't feed.

trish
11-07-2012, 02:58 AM
Election day is a workday for most people. Poles open around 6 or 7 am and close around 7 pm. So most people get up early and vote on their way to work, or vote on their way home from work (and delay getting home). Families with two people working have daycare issue to contend with as well. People holding down two low paying jobs have difficulty working voting into their schedule. Every once in a while there is a discussion about making election day a national holiday. One party always shuts it down. This year some poll watchers have been trained to question and harass college age voters and minority voters and these encounters slow the line for everyone.

Personally I suspect the practice of gerrymandering depresses turnout. Gerrymandering is an old idea practiced by both parties; but it has very recently been taken to the Supreme Court; the conservative court found nothing wrong with the practice. The Court also decided that for the purposes of speech corporations are persons. This year because of the superpacs voters in swing states have been so bombarded with ads many have just tuned out.

Don't be swayed, just...

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 03:36 AM

Well, you'd certainly be an improvement on the last woman who had the job.

Although her cock might have been bigger.....

robertlouis
11-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Election day is a workday for most people. Poles open around 6 or 7 am and close around 7 pm. So most people get up early and vote on their way to work, or vote on their way home from work (and delay getting home). Families with two people working have daycare issue to contend with as well. People holding down two low paying jobs have difficulty working voting into their schedule. Every once in a while there is a discussion about making election day a national holiday. One party always shuts it down. This year some poll watchers have been trained to question and harass college age voters and minority voters and these encounters slow the line for everyone.

Personally I suspect the practice of gerrymandering depresses turnout. Gerrymandering is an old idea practiced by both parties; but it has very recently been taken to the Supreme Court; the conservative court found nothing wrong with the practice. The Court also decided that for the purposes of speech corporations are persons. This year because of the superpacs voters in swing states have been so bombarded with ads many have just tuned out.

Don't be swayed, just...

In the UK, polls open at 7am and close at 10pm. The earlier closure in the US may well deter or even prevent folks who have a long commute or work after hours. That three hour extension could benefit your democracy.

And dear God, while I don't believe in you, please let Obama win.

maxpower
11-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Here's a nice bit of deception being put forth in Connecticut by Mrs. WWE, a Republican running for the Senate.

http://news.yahoo.com/linda-mcmahon-gives-master-class-false-flag-gotv-193938753--politics.html