PDA

View Full Version : Party Group in LA?

GuiltlessParty
10-29-2012, 12:29 AM
(Los Angeles)

Every now and then when I'm out at clubs I'll see a group of crossdressers or transfolk and I get so jealous that they have a group to do that with. I would love to go out dressed up more often but I wouldn't feel safe or comfortable going out by myself, and asking my current friends is a can of worms I definitely don't want to open.
It's hard enough just to meet new people after college; I have no idea how to find people who are into crossdress and bent gender stuff.
Any advice as to how I should find my queer group out here? Or, conversely, do any of you kind, cool people have room for one more?
I'm too tall to ever completely pass, but I'm close enough that people have to ask their friends to make sure, and I'm pretty enough that straight guys get shy when talking to me, and openly flirt.

danthepoetman
10-29-2012, 02:15 AM
You’re in LA! I’m sure some members here will help you. There surely is some clubs where you can do it.

MdR Dave
10-29-2012, 03:01 AM
Are you going to the clubs where the people you want to befriend go?

If not, go, and make friends. If you are, and you're not making friends. . . I don't know what to tell you. Keep trying? It's not science so much as alchemy- when people click there is a certain magic there.

There are community support groups, too- it's not just a bar thing. Don't just concentrate on the guys- you know most of us just want one thing.

And don't let your height be cause for concern- I'm almost certain there are taller girls on the scene here- I'm willing to bet that it will be a turn-on for a lot of folks.

GuiltlessParty
10-29-2012, 03:59 AM
Yea, it's been tough to approach them, though, because on the rare instances that I have seen CD groups I'm usually with people from whom I want to keep this stuff a secret.
I've thought about going to those clubs by myself and just hope that some gurls happen to come that night, but... I guess I'm lazy? It's the internet age, and I'd like to just find these people ahead of time if at all possible.

Dino Velvet
10-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Are you going to the clubs where the people you want to befriend go?

If not, go, and make friends. If you are, and you're not making friends. . . I don't know what to tell you. Keep trying? It's not science so much as alchemy- when people click there is a certain magic there.

There are community support groups, too- it's not just a bar thing. Don't just concentrate on the guys- you know most of us just want one thing.

And don't let your height be cause for concern- I'm almost certain there are taller girls on the scene here- I'm willing to bet that it will be a turn-on for a lot of folks.

I agree. Go there the first time solo and make some friends.

GuiltlessParty
10-29-2012, 04:57 AM
I think I Circus Disco is promising. Do you guys have any other suggestions?

danthepoetman
10-29-2012, 05:02 AM
I agree. Go there the first time solo and make some friends.
:iagree:
You have to make the effort. Jump in it. If that's what you want to do, if that's your desire, you won't regret it. You'll probably enter a whole new, fascinating world for yourself.
Making friends in different "surroundings" is always stimulating...

SmithXXX
10-29-2012, 05:39 AM
Are you looking for TS friends, CD friends, of TV friends? Not that really matters, but the one thing that does matter is to just be yourself, and you will find like minded people to hang out with. Circus disco is more of a gay club. If you want to find a place where you can go hang out (and MEET) with others just like yourself the check out clubs like the following:
Mondays - MJ's in Silverlake
Tuesdays - Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach
Thursdays - Club Cobra in North Hollywood
Fridays - Palms in West Hollywood
*Saturdays - Oxwood Inn in Van Nuys
*The 1st Saturday of each month is a HUGE party at Hamburger Mary's in Long Beach.

Good luck, be yourself, and when your out dressed up don't hesitate to talk to other girls, guys, etc...