PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Against Gay Marriage

bottomXOslave
10-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Jersey Shore Bitch

Agree Or Disagree?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/19/angelina-pivarnick-jersey-shore-anti-gay-recording_n_1987274.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=1964607,b=facebook

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I don’t know most of these celebrities. I don’t know what “Jersey Shore” is, and I don’t know who this Angelina Pivarnick is either.
To me, people are indeed entitled to their opinion, of course. But from my perspective, gay people should have exactly the same rights as anybody else in every possible way, and especially when it comes to choose who they want to love and marry. Anything else is simply discrimination. The simple fact of considering people on the basis of their sexual orientation is biased and wrong, is in fact prejudice. It’s not even a moral issue; considering the separation of Church and State, a fundamental principle of democracy, it appears essentially as a moralistic issue, something out of tight, narrow minded asses who couldn’t care less about other people's rights.
In my humble opinion, which I greatly respect (if you allow me ;)), the young woman is a bitch.
Good post, BottomXO!

Prospero
10-23-2012, 11:01 AM
I don't really see what the views of some prejudiced star of a dumb reality TV show has to do with anything very much - except for the pernicious effect this might have on the show's less intelligent fans.

Certainly I don't see why we should have a view on this - other than to declare, once again, that IN MY VIEW gay and transgendered people should have the same inalienable human rights as every other person - political and social. So yes to gay marriage, the rights of gays to be in the armed forces, their rights to adopt, to vote etc etc etc... and to be ministers in the faith of their choice and all the other things the rest of the population takes for granted.

And half wits like this person should just be quiet.

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't really see what the views of some prejudiced star of a dumb reality TV show has to do with anything very much - except for the pernicious effect this might have on the show's less intelligent fans.

Certainly I don't see why we should have a view on this - other than to declare, once again, that IN MY VIEW gay and transgendered people should have the same inalienable human rights as every other person - political and social. So yes to gay marriage, the rights of gays to be in the armed forces, their rights to adopt, to vote etc etc etc... and to be ministers in the faith of their choice and all the other things the rest of the population takes for granted.

And half wits like this person should just be quiet.
:iagree: Totally agree, Prospero. But I find it’s not a bad initiative from BottomXO to post this one. I’m OK with shaking the bell on some narrow minded people from time to time; it only does them good… And this might definitely have such an effect, once again. ;)

Prospero
10-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Can't disagree with that sentiment dan

Chaos
10-23-2012, 12:48 PM
What really sticks in my craw about this is the fact that these people get paid to be told what to do on tv or in movies and think (I use the term loosely) that qualifies them to tell others what to do in real life...

:werd:

bigcock
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Chuck Norris is against gay and transgender.

bigcock
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Chuck Norris is against gay and transgender people.

Chaos
10-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Chuck Norris is against gay and transgender people.
He also seems to believe some of the memes about himself on the net.....Not exactly a winner there...lol!

Prospero
10-23-2012, 01:10 PM
What is Chuck Norris?

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 01:47 PM
What is Chuck Norris?
Someone from a long gone past who use to fake being strong, which in the end is what most homophobic bozos do, and the idea they generally entertain about themselves... :)

RallyCola
10-23-2012, 01:52 PM
i have never let any celebrity or reality tv persona shape my view on anything, but i hope the masses out there that celebrate these people actually realize that they are not significant sources of information and file their opinions appropriately.

Prospero
10-23-2012, 02:32 PM
i have never let any celebrity or reality tv persona shape my view on anything, but i hope the masses out there that celebrate these people actually realize that they are not significant sources of information and file their opinions appropriately.

:iagree::iagree:

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Rally Cola, you know how those gossip papers are disposable junk news. Those who read them certainly don’t search for any kind of opinions in them. That’s my best hunch. If I’m wrong on this one, we’re in more trouble than I could possibly have envisioned…

Prospero
10-23-2012, 03:04 PM
I think you might find we are "in trouble."

RallyCola
10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Rally Cola, you know how those gossip papers are disposable junk news. Those who read them certainly don’t search for any kind of opinions in them. That’s my best hunch. If I’m wrong on this one, we’re in more trouble than I could possibly have envisioned…

well, whenever i hear anything, i consider the source, their qualifications and their motives. unfortunately MOST people do not do this. people get their news and opinions far too often from mis-information, celebrities (including the talking heads on "news" shows) and sound bites and run with that opinion without fully understanding the issue. i really don't have much faith in MOST people to not embrace gossip rags and such as actual valuable information and opinion.

robertlouis
10-23-2012, 03:11 PM

It's sad how many people live their lives vicariously through the prism - chimera? - of celebrity, and follow every word uttered by their idols.

On the other hand, Chuck Norris is a prick.

Prospero
10-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Oh is that what Chuck Norris was. I thought it might be some form of riverside rodent.

robertlouis
10-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Oh is that what Chuck Norris was. I thought it might be some form of riverside rodent.

How dare you compare him to the noble water rat!

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 03:27 PM
If memory serves he was hairy, and with mustaches.

Prospero
10-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Who? Ratty?

RallyCola
10-23-2012, 03:32 PM
he is the dude trying to sell the total gym on infomericals.

how can you respect anyone on infomericals.

if you value chuck norris' opinion, then you might as well elect ron popeil as president so he can fix our relationship with china (since we all know he loves their manufacturing capabilities)

also, chuck norris is the reason there was less blood and gore in the expendables 2 than the first. he didn't want it to be over the top bloody because of his wholesome image

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 03:35 PM
At some point he played a “lone wolf” in some terrible show! His acting was atrocious! You know, in winter, wolves essentially eat mice. No wonder he reminds of some rodent…
And about his opinions... What opinions?
Same in the end as with this young woman: what's so utterly inarticulated can't possibly be called an opinion; at best it's a feeling...
Not much more sometimes than a dog barking...

robertlouis
10-23-2012, 03:35 PM
If memory serves he was hairy, and with mustaches.

No, that's Greek women.

RallyCola
10-23-2012, 03:37 PM
if chuck norris is against gay marriage, i'm not buying a total gym

Prospero
10-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Greek women? Robert louis!!!!!!!!!!

robertlouis
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Greek women? Robert louis!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. More like this.

RallyCola
10-23-2012, 03:51 PM
what's the difference between an old greek woman and an elephant.

the black dress

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 03:54 PM
No, that's Greek women.
It’s unfortunately one of the two absolute no-no for me when it comes to women: none that came kick the crap out of me, and none that has a mustache.

robertlouis
10-23-2012, 03:54 PM
What's the difference between an old Greek woman and a walrus?

One has a big moustache and smells of fish. The other one is a walrus.

Prospero
10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Someone here the other day said that I would enjoy masturbating while thinking about Hitler's tits. Wrong. The guy had a moustache!

Prospero
10-23-2012, 03:56 PM
What about Fenugreek?

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Only with lots of wine!

Prospero
10-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Chablis

robertlouis
10-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Only with lots of wine!

Yammas!

danthepoetman
10-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Or how do they call that terrible brandy?
Metaxa!

I'm personaly sold to Scotland, I must admit...

maxpower
10-23-2012, 04:36 PM
How could anyone care what an airhead twat from New Jersey thinks? Why would anyone even bother to solicit her opinion about anything more complex than hairspray? Hey, let's book Snooki for Sunday's Meet The Press.