PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Awards - Venue Announced!!!

GroobySteven
10-18-2012, 09:11 PM
http://www.grooby.com/5thTrannyAwardsFlyer.jpg

Feb 17th 2012.

The venue we finally decided on is the Beyond The Stars Palance in Glendale.
http://www.stars-art.com/

With the problems that presented themselves last year, we've reached deep into the coffers to find a location that will allow us to present the awards and the nominees/winners in the true class they deserve.
We've already had a lot of press interest including mainstream press so this IS going to be the place to make your mark.

More details will be announced about the awards and how you can get involved soon!

GroobySteven
10-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Oh and we are reverting back to the previous years actual awards this year ... which can also be wielded as a battle axe, should you need. Last years were not what we thought they would be.

Wendy Summers
10-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Oh and we are reverting back to the previous years actual awards this year ... which can also be wielded as a battle axe, should you need. Last years were not what we thought they would be.

So they weren't supposed to have a break-away sfaety feature? :dancing:

GroobySteven
10-18-2012, 09:38 PM
So they weren't supposed to have a break-away sfaety feature? :dancing:

Even if it was unbreakable it wouldn't be tranny proof. They have a way of breaking anything.

BLKGSXR
10-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Lol he aint lying, I know I seen the pics of thise venue and will not be "elbow to Elbow" with others so im with it!

Wendy Summers
10-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Lol he aint lying, I know I seen the pics of thise venue and will not be "elbow to Elbow" with others so im with it!

Were you even there last year? :p

BLKGSXR
10-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Were you even there last year? :p
I think we met the night before the awards at buddywoods house, I just went in a suit no one recognized how well i cleaned up! ;P

Willie Escalade
10-18-2012, 10:42 PM
I was here earlier this year with Vaniity, Angelina Torres, and smith for the Urban X Awards. Huge stage, plenty of seating...yup, this is a great venue.

However, if you smoke...and this IS the city of Glendale...:nervous:

natina
10-18-2012, 10:48 PM
GUESS YOU COULD NOT FIND A great place in HOLLYWOOD?

Chaos
10-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Hope everyone enjoys it! Would love to see CA,just not in the cards....Oh well have fun all!

GroobySteven
10-18-2012, 10:57 PM

Why does it need to be in Hollywood?

We tried there last year - bunch of twats. The people at Josephs were very decent but we couldn't do it back there. We approached one place this year who were all for it and then stopped returning the calls.
Fuck Hollywood - were you even there last year?

navyjeff
10-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Ive never been to one of these award shows but I am curious to see what its like. Can you actually go up and talk to the girls and congratulate them or will that not be allowed?

Wendy Summers
10-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Ive never been to one of these award shows but I am curious to see what its like. Can you actually go up and talk to the girls and congratulate them or will that not be allowed?

Assuming the model you approach is the social type, there is lot of interaction between models and fans.

Willie Escalade
10-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Why does it need to be in Hollywood?

We tried there last year - bunch of twats. The people at Josephs were very decent but we couldn't do it back there. We approached one place this year who were all for it and then stopped returning the calls.
Fuck Hollywood - were you even there last year?

I feel you there. As one who was born and raised in LA: HOLLYWOOD CAN BE OVERRATED AT TIMES. Plenty of other venues out there...with room, plenty of parking, etc.

I just might get a hotel room. I AM going to be in the valley a lot that weekend anyway...:dancing:

GroobySteven
10-18-2012, 11:02 PM
I feel you there. As one who was born and raised in LA: HOLLYWOOD CAN BE OVERRATED AT TIMES. Plenty of other venues out there...with room, plenty of parking, etc.

I just might get a hotel room. I AM going to be in the valley a lot that weekend anyway...:dancing:

Going to look into hotels but I might PM you my secret spot once I've booked my room ;-)

navyjeff
10-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh cool then! I didn't want to go if I was going to be ignored by all the girls lol and Im not the ugly type neither... Is there a big difference between regular admission and vip? or a waste of $

GroobySteven
10-18-2012, 11:03 PM

It's very very casual in that way Jeff. People are generally very friendly and I'm sure any of the models there would only be too happy to hear from a fan.
This is a show for our industry and the fans are the most important part of that.

GroobySteven
10-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Oh cool then! I didn't want to go if I was going to be ignored by all the girls lol and Im not the ugly type neither... Is there a big difference between regular admission and vip? or a waste of $

VIP will be for the sponsors. All the rest will be just general admission. We'll be pricing it the same as last year, we hope and I've confirmed that the booze prices are fair.

Willie Escalade
10-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Oh cool then! I didn't want to go if I was going to be ignored by all the girls lol and Im not the ugly type neither..

The girls are pretty much friendly with the fans...some more than others. Some of the girls can be shy as well, especially if they're visiting or attending for the first time. They'll open up...and you will too. Believe me; I've been in your shoes.

Ecstatic
10-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Venue looks excellent! I can hardly wait, and I know we'll have a full contingent from the UP Network present. And I'm tickled that the date is Feb 17, as I'll be seeing the Who on 2/24 and wouldn't want to sacrifice that (though this would come first, of course).

BLKGSXR
10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
VIP will be for the sponsors. All the rest will be just general admission. We'll be pricing it the same as last year, we hope and I've confirmed that the booze prices are fair.
Andaz West Hollywood is the shit, then the Roosevelt and W are pretty righteous too!

LibertyHarkness
10-19-2012, 12:05 AM
cool stuff see you all there

Dino Velvet
10-19-2012, 12:12 AM
As one who was born and raised in LA: HOLLYWOOD CAN BE OVERRATED AT TIMES.

Me too. I've always preferred the beach communities to Hollywood.

SmithXXX
10-19-2012, 01:19 AM
When Willie, Angelina Torres, Vaniity & I went there for the Urban X Awards it was a lot of fun. The Glendale Auto show was also going on at the time. Vaniity took full advantage of showing herself off also. As for smoking you can get away with it in the alley behind the place and there is usually a doorman back there to let you back in. The drinks are priced very fair (lower than any place in Hollywood), and the seating is great. There is a large stage for the awards presentation as well. This place is going to be great for the 2012 Tranny Awards. There are also plenty of hotels in the immediate area also.

TatianaSummer
10-19-2012, 02:50 AM
No Smoking? EXCELLENT!
:party::party::party::party::party:

Ecstatic
10-19-2012, 02:52 AM
Is it too early to book my flight?!

BLKGSXR
10-19-2012, 05:35 AM
cool stuff see you all there
as long as you stop sharing COCKS with people then you will be alright! that shit was scarring Im still disturbed by it!

christianxxx
10-19-2012, 06:07 AM

you might be the biggest douchebag on this forum.....and that's REALLY saying something. i bet you a million bucks you respond to this post with a douchy nonsensical random youtube clip too.

frownyface420
10-19-2012, 08:32 AM
how do i get to go? i assume buy tickets somewhere?

GroobySteven
10-19-2012, 10:39 AM
how do i get to go? i assume buy tickets somewhere?
Watch this space. Online ticket sales will begin shortly.

WendyWilliams
10-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Hmm temptation LOL...................Just so hard to head back West after already being there in January!

christianxxx
10-19-2012, 06:44 PM
yeah Wendy, its REAL tough to head back to the beach and the 75 degree weather. I mean LA is like Siberia for god's sakes, how could you EVER do it? lol

WendyWilliams
10-19-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't like LA hence why I left LOL..........but Im speaking of being gone the entire month of January then back to Kentucky and then having to turn around and go back.........

Closer for me to go to Florida for 75 weather :)

GroobySteven
10-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Bump

TSLexiWade
10-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Excited to announce that I will be attending this years awards. :)

TempestTS
10-21-2012, 08:41 PM
Venue looks excellent! I can hardly wait, and I know we'll have a full contingent from the UP Network present. And I'm tickled that the date is Feb 17, as I'll be seeing the Who on 2/24 and wouldn't want to sacrifice that (though this would come first, of course).

So now Im a Contingent am I ??? Im sticking a collar and leash on you this year...

Ecstatic
10-21-2012, 11:21 PM
So now Im a Contingent am I ??? Im sticking a collar and leash on you this year...

That's entirely contingent upon my standing still long enough....

TempestTS
10-21-2012, 11:42 PM
That's entirely contingent upon my standing still long enough....

Dont make me use the nail gun to get you to stand still...

Ecstatic
10-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Dont make me use the nail gun to get you to stand still...

No! Not the nail gun! :yayo:

KristelPenn
10-22-2012, 06:04 PM
The area of the venue, I think is much more ideal than Hollywood. Plenty of parking, less congestion in the area, safer, etc.

Checked out the venue a couple of weeks ago and there will be lots of space for sponsors, models, and guests to enjoy the show and also hang out together and party after the awards portion. :party:

Willie Escalade
10-22-2012, 06:40 PM
The area of the venue, I think is much more ideal than Hollywood. Plenty of parking, less congestion in the area, safer, etc.

Checked out the venue a couple of weeks ago and there will be lots of space for sponsors, models, and guests to enjoy the show and also hang out together and party after the awards portion. :party:

This right here...

Ecstatic
10-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi Kristel! That's great news! It's going to be a blast for sure.

DeliaTS
10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Looking forward to my annual trek down to the awards show! The new location sounds sweet!

TSMichelleAustin
10-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Used to walk by that place all the time when I lived in Glendale... theres an amazing mexican restaurant right there! MMM so good!

Willie Escalade
10-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Used to walk by that place all the time when I lived in Glendale... theres an amazing mexican restaurant right there! MMM so good!
Gaucho's Village is nearby as well..some of us have to take over that place!

KristelPenn
10-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Kristel! That's great news! It's going to be a blast for sure.

Looking forward to seeing you again this year!