PDA

View Full Version : Observations from a newbie - Why all the political posts?

cm1234
04-02-2006, 05:16 AM
Folks,

I stumbled across this board today and was pleased with the quantity and quality of the content. Good job Allanah! What was surprising was the number of political posts.

Please, do we have to go there? I can find you 1000 political boards that would welcome your posts and debate you until your fingers hurt from typing the responses. So, I ask these questions seriously....

"What is the point of discussing politics on this board? Do you really think that you are going to change someones mind or affect anything on the world political stage by posting to this forum?"

Sure I respect your "right" to post anything here, but do you really need to exercise that right here? Why can't this be the one place that we can escape from politics, war, etc. etc.

Respectfully,

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-02-2006, 05:46 AM
because we are intelligent enough to discuss other things ...........................

DJ_Asia
04-02-2006, 05:48 AM
Perhaps nobody will change their mind,and no political policies will be reversed.However there are quite a few folks here who recognize the absolute disaster that Bush has led America into,and frankly their minds can be stimulated by more than the "Girl with the Biggest Cock" or "Shemale loves Piss" thread.

Welcome relax and enjoy...if you dont like the political threads its quite easy to not open them.

DJ Asia

Quinn
04-02-2006, 06:54 AM
CM1234,

If you take a look through the threads, you'll quickly notice that the discussion of non-transexual related issues goes well beyond politics to a surprisingly wide range of topics (movies, music, television, sports, history, games, etc.). Just avoid what doesn't interest you and enjoy that which does.

Welcome to the forum.

-Quinn

ezed
04-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Because we go anywhere and everywhere. Isn't that what brought you here. :?:

FriendlyFriend
04-02-2006, 08:03 AM
because the brightest and the best assemble in their tribal regalia and find each other and then the best way to iron out our differences is to hit each other over the head with clubs. Its not the BEST way but it is the BEST way anyone has figured out so far.
BONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

specialk
04-02-2006, 04:09 PM
It has been my policy not to participate in the political threads as I'm extremely political. I do confess to having read a few from time to time, however I tire of the argueing that results now and then. I enjoy the political humor very much!! I respect many opinions expressed on the forum as most people here seem to "get it", But I save my 2 cents worth for election day when my opinion counts.

trish
04-02-2006, 06:14 PM
hello and welcome cm1234.

to me your question sounds like, "what is the point of discussing politics with your friends__aren't they for drinking and watching sports?"

i'm a newbie too, but already i think of this board as a sort of online community of people, some of whom have caught my interest. i'm curious to know more about what they think as well as more about what turns them on.

hwbs
04-02-2006, 07:28 PM
:crap

BeardedOne
04-02-2006, 08:27 PM
It's a relief from endless am-I-gay-worlds-biggest-cocks threads and enriches the web time of those who don't have short attention sp - look a squirrel! :popcorn

Where?!? :shock:

:lol:

chefmike
04-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Why ask why, grasshopper?

Avenged01
04-02-2006, 09:56 PM
- look a squirrel! :popcorn

lol, you must be a Bill Bailey fan, yes?