PDA

View Full Version : Concerts and gigs

Prospero
10-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I assume a lot of people on here go to concerts, gigs etc from time to time.

Be interesting to get a sense of what music y'all enjoy. Why not post reports/reviews of your most recent gigs/concerts and give us a glimpse of the very best gig you ever went to.

My Most recent gig was last night in Shepherd's Bush in West London - a small and sparsely attended concert by a singer from Louisiana called Mary Gauthier.
Gauthier is gay and was recently given the award of best gay female country singer!!! The song which won was "rag Queens and Limousines.' Terrific voice. Great songs. Just stood and held the audience enrapt with a guitar and her (usually rather bleak ) songs with clever and non cliched lyrics.

GroobySteven
10-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Most Recent : Bruce Springsteen, Stadium of Light earlier this year ... 61 yrs old, 3hrs and 15 mins, non-stop and brilliant.

Best : Queen : St.James Park, Kind of Magic Tour 1986

Prospero
10-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Whoops. Forgot best.
That is soooo hard actually as I go to concerts all the time.
But best nine
1. Sringsteen in1975 at Hammersmith odeon.
2. Crosby Stills Nash and young, Joni Mitchell, The band... Wembley in the early1980s
3. Count Basie, Ella Fitzgerald, Oscar Peterson, Joe Pass - in London in the 1980s
4. Rolling Stones in Hyde park 1968
5. 14 hour technicolour dream Ally Pally - 1967 - Pink Floyd and lots of others
6. Dylan - various times from 1970s onwards
7. Elvis Costello. Hammersmith odeon. 1980s
8. George Harrison, Clapton, Ringo and a cast of thousands. Earls Court 1990s
9. John Cale - Cambridge 1970s

and then there are classicial concerts!!!
Just one to be going on with
B Minor Mass by Bach in Kings College Chaapel Cambridge in (about) 1975

TempestTS
10-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Best - MOTORHEAD - forget the which one Ive never missed a tour for the last 20 years

Most Recent - St Vitus (Wino) The guys are really cool Wino is the American Version of Lemmy and I had a chance to talk to Dave Chandler about possibly appearing on my next album for some guitar work - oh and he lost a guitar pick down my cleavage - not sure if thats related LOL

TempestTS
10-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Just realized I still had some photos from the St Vitus Gig on my crappy camera phone (didnt want to bring my studio camera to the show because I planned on being up front)

Dino Velvet
10-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Best - MOTORHEAD - forget the which one Ive never missed a tour for the last 20 years

Most Recent - St Vitus (Wino) The guys are really cool Wino is the American Version of Lemmy and I had a chance to talk to Dave Chandler about possibly appearing on my next album for some guitar work - oh and he lost a guitar pick down my cleavage - not sure if thats related LOL

Motorhead and Saint Vitus. Awesome. I've seen Motorhead a few times but not every tour. Best show I've ever been to was Black Sabbath Mob Rules Tour 1981 at The Great Western Forum. Haven't been to a concert for awhile but saw Heaven & Hell in 2009.

SAINT VITUS - I BLEED BLACK - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhjP96dKYIU)

Saint Vitus - The Psychopath - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5LGNAVpw-o)