PDA

View Full Version : Nina Poon's Illustration Of Me

AllanahStarrNYC
03-31-2006, 10:41 PM
This is the final draft of the art work I comissioned Nina Poon to do for me.
It is sitting on my living room wall on a 3' x 5' frame. AND I love it!

Check her work out on her NEW site www.NinaPoon.com

She also did my 'Bond' poster for the 007 party.

ian
03-31-2006, 11:19 PM
It's great. This is the sort of art that i'm into.

That is a really cool picture Allanah.

Nina's other works are also cool. I really admire artists with their own unique style.

I love the way that she doesn't use any black outlines with a number of drawings. Its quite distinctive in an artist. Faces are quite tough to draw especially girls. Nina seems adept at drawing pretty faces.

Also the shading and lighting methods used add depth to areas of the body and face.

Does Nina create her artwork on computer?

I'd like to someday have a website with my artwork displayed. It's just finding enough inspiration from something. Looking at other peoples work is a great help. It helps with contextualising your own ideas.

Great post.

AllanahStarrNYC
03-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Thank you very much-

She is a very talented artist. We have known each other for many years and she is an amazing illustrator.

I hope to have her to more work for me in the near future.

specialk
03-31-2006, 11:45 PM
It really does resemble your face, very remarkable work here. I love it!! Very talented artist! Great concept too! :claps

ian
03-31-2006, 11:46 PM
She is a very talented artist. We have known each other for many years and she is an amazing illustrator.

I totally agree.

AllanahStarrNYC
04-01-2006, 02:04 AM
:P

more nina

*Kiely_Marie*
04-01-2006, 02:17 AM
I think you look like Mariah Carey in that illustration. Anyone else? Could just be the pose. Splendid.

It reminds me of Mariah as well but it does look like Allanah tho! I like the lil pink doggie or w/e it else! Its cute :D

Ecstatic
04-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Allanah, Nina's piece turned out exquisitely! I love the pop art feel, kind of Peter Max meets manga, with great color and design elements. :)

Cat
04-01-2006, 08:37 AM
When is your Saturday morning... I mean, "Saturday night"... cartoon coming out, Allanah? :)

stillies77
04-06-2006, 03:02 PM
WOW!

That art is amazing...i have a forum asking hungangels if they want me to do some sketches of them but she blows me out of the water!