PDA

View Full Version : Hot damn; I think I've started a trend.

GrimFusion
10-10-2012, 11:31 PM
For years I was the only guy around here willing to throw my face all over the forum. I realize that for some guys, it's just more of a preference to have a funny or a sexy avatar and it's not always about remaining anonymous, but I'm noticing a lot of the new forum users are starting to sport images of themselves. Awesome! It's not about accountability or honesty, but it's good to see a lot more dudes willing to put themselves out there like that. Good form! lol.

tsadriana
10-10-2012, 11:32 PM
:oMaybe because they are shy?

Chaos
10-10-2012, 11:34 PM
I like people to see who they're talking to. Anonymity isn't me.

GrimFusion
10-10-2012, 11:36 PM

Big ditto from me, brotha;
Ditto.

Jericho
10-10-2012, 11:44 PM
We can only hope it's a momentary thing! :shrug

GoddessAthena85
10-11-2012, 12:08 AM
:werd:

richsaint18
10-11-2012, 12:11 AM
If you got it flaunt it.

Chaos
10-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Well,the truth is,I came here to get to know people,and to let people get to know me...Can't really do that (in my opinion)if I hide myself. Mind you that is my opinion of myself and not of anyone else here. I have yet to see anyone I couldn't get along with. And for me to be as comfortable as I am here is saying something....I'm not even this comfortable on Facebook or Twitter....

Xcreet
10-11-2012, 12:36 AM
I just used a picture that was on my phone to be honest. And I saw that most people that I had seen talking used their picture so I did as well.

GrimFusion
10-11-2012, 12:37 AM
I just used a picture that was on my phone to be honest. And I saw that most people that I had seen talking used their picture so I did as well.

Good for you, man.

I'm not saying everybody is trying to rip off of me.
It wasn't my idea first.
I'm just trying to send out a little respect.

GrimFusion
10-11-2012, 12:40 AM
We can only hope it's a momentary thing! :shrug

Again with the ol' addage: to each their own.
I'm just glad that I'm not only one of three who decide to be public.
That 'odd man out' thing kinda sucks.

RallyCola
10-11-2012, 12:45 AM
i never understood the hang up about real avatars. its more fun to find a picture that defines you. yes, i could too photoshop something of personal interest, but i never found it that important. does anyone here really need to see a picture of me?

Jericho
10-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Again with the ol' addage: to each their own.
I'm just glad that I'm not only one of three who decide to be public.
That 'odd man out' thing kinda sucks.

Come on man, get off the pipe...there have been plenty here before you..maybe not so vocal, but...you're certainly not the first! :shrug

I like you, in a "you're a guy on a forum i couldn't give a fuck about" kinda way. Amuse me, if i want to know what you look like, I'll check your profile gallery.

RallyCola
10-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Come on man, get off the pipe...there have been plenty here before you..maybe not so vocal, but...you're certainly not the first! :shrug

I like you, in a "you're a guy on a forum i couldn't give a fuck about" kinda way. Amuse me, if i want to know what you look like, I'll check your profile gallery.

so people are just really full of themselves. i should know

Jericho
10-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Fuck, that twat cola nailed it! j/k :tongue:

Jericho
10-11-2012, 12:56 AM
so people are just really full of themselves. i should know

Indeed! :shrug

GrimFusion
10-11-2012, 01:03 AM

Damn, Jericho. Read the topic replies. I'm already a little uneasy about the way I titled this post because it does make it sound like I think I'm Mr. Originality. I know that isn't the case. I know you don't give a fuck. I know it doesn't matter either way and there's not a single damn thing anyone here could consider better about using a personal picture over any image.

I just didn't think through the topic title as well as I should have.
I admit that. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it to begin with and rather simply kept it to myself because I certainly didn't mean to ruffle your jimmies, sir.

Jericho
10-11-2012, 01:20 AM
What the fuck are jimmies you colonial stoner!

Chill brother, i'm just fukkin with you.
Jealous cause we can't get it on a script over here, so we've got to settle for stolie!

GrimFusion
10-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Jimmies (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/that-really-rustled-my-jimmies).

Your jimmies remain unrustled.

TatianaSummer
10-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Yes I decided to post a picture of myself as my new avatar here. Hope you all like it! :)

Chaos
10-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Yes I decided to post a picture of myself as my new avatar here. Hope you all like it! :)

LOL!! I know you don't have horns and hooves.....well.....hooves anyway....
After all I can hide my horns rather well.... :twisted:

danthepoetman
10-11-2012, 05:28 AM
Tatiana, I will mourn the previous avatar for a long time; it was undoubtebly one of the cutest butt ever! Gave me a sense that reality is at the very least sometimes much better than any fantasy. ;)

Willie Escalade
10-11-2012, 09:27 AM
D you know how much photoshop was involved with MY avatar?

Deimos
10-11-2012, 09:38 AM
there have been threads where the ladies asked us guys to post our pics... i'm always willing.

TatianaSummer
10-11-2012, 09:57 AM
D you know how much photoshop was involved with MY avatar?

Thats you on your avatar? :) LOL

Cecil Rhodes
10-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Thats you on your avatar? :) LOL

you are on my avatar TATIANA

Cecil Rhodes
10-11-2012, 11:14 AM
I am thinking about changing my avatar with a video of myself . What do you think ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9v521ZZ3lKw

Tyler___Durden
10-11-2012, 03:15 PM
For years I was the only guy around here willing to throw my face all over the forum. I realize that for some guys, it's just more of a preference to have a funny or a sexy avatar and it's not always about remaining anonymous, but I'm noticing a lot of the new forum users are starting to sport images of themselves. Awesome! It's not about accountability or honesty, but it's good to see a lot more dudes willing to put themselves out there like that. Good form! lol.
I think it shows a person who is self assured about themselves,
which is attractive a character.
Also you avatar is quite cool and imaginative.
So a double thumbs up in my view.

Lovecox
10-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Here you go GrimFusion. You might find this device handy.

onmyknees
10-12-2012, 01:13 AM
I think it shows a person who is self assured about themselves,
which is attractive a character.
Also you avatar is quite cool and imaginative.
So a double thumbs up in my view.

I don't think it has a damn thing to do with being self assured, with all due respect. I think it has to do with dudes hoping to get laid....dudes being dudes if you will.

There may be other considerations you're not aware of. Think about it. This ain't facebook baby. :dancing:

I like Grim's avatar as well, but that's his personal preferrence to post it.

RallyCola
10-12-2012, 05:55 AM
I don't think it has a damn thing to do with being self assured, with all due respect. I think it has to do with dudes hoping to get laid....dudes being dudes if you will.

There may be other considerations you're not aware of. Think about it. This ain't facebook baby. :dancing:

I like Grim's avatar as well, but that's his personal preferrence to post it.

i see your POV and while I don't agree with the self-assured comment, I don't think most guys here think they will get laid with a chick on this forum.

i think people like to THINK they are self-assured and want to appear so, in some cases, and therefore they post a pic to show, "hey, i'm self-assured so i'll post a pic"

sukumvit boy
10-12-2012, 06:15 AM
That link to jimmies is some interesting and funny shit!
tks Grim.

Deimos
10-12-2012, 12:51 PM
i honestly think my avatar has been the same ever since i signed up on the old boards... i may change it eventually... to what... hell if i know. however... there are several pics of myself in my profile... viewable by all.