PDA

View Full Version : Man tapes woman letting dog walk unleashed, is attacked.

Los Angeles resident
10-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Happened on the Camelback Mountains in Phoenix earlier today.

Dog Owner Attacks Hiker - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHHEEfO389Y)

A plea from KPHO CBS 5 in Phoenix:

Do you know this woman? She was hiking on Camelback Mountain this morning and CBS 5 News would like to speak with her about what she saw. Please use the action button found on www.cbs5az.com. Like and share with your friends!

After a bunch of judgmental comments both pro and con, CBS 5 had more to say:

Folks- some have taken this one step too far. First- the mountain is a public place and there is no guaranteed right to privacy. We are attempting to get her side of a story without calling her out for doing anything wrong. Some have already done that, unfortunately. For several reasons I had to delete the video link. If anyone knows this woman we would appreciate hearing from her. Thank you.

Finally after more comments, this:

Thank you all for the comments- supportive and otherwise. Our Facebook page is a separate entity from our news product. This incident has not been on television or our station's web site and we have no plans to move further with it unless we hear from the "mystery woman", at which point we will evaluate what she has to say about the encounter. I am sorry to those who were subjected to abusive language, as our intent was only to locate the hiker and hear her story firsthand before putting anything on air irresponsibly. We may delete this thread if the comments continue to degrade. Now... back to the game. Go Cards!

danthepoetman
10-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Not exactly the worst we’ve ever seen in the long, rich, praiseworthy and celebrated history of violence, but you have to admit the woman is a f** bitch…

Prospero
10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Why did you post this rather uninteresting clip? it's a bit "so what" in the wider schemeof things.

danthepoetman
10-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Who knows, Prospero? You know about the butterfly effect...
Many terrible conflicts might have been originally caused by waves of bad mood, after the single fight of a woman with her drunken hubby in some small isolated village...
Who knows what the repercussions of this one will really be, at the other end of this world?

Stavros
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Happened on the Camelback Mountains in Phoenix earlier today.

Dog Owner Attacks Hiker - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHHEEfO389Y)

A plea from KPHO CBS 5 in Phoenix:

Do you know this woman? She was hiking on Camelback Mountain this morning and CBS 5 News would like to speak with her about what she saw. Please use the action button found on www.cbs5az.com (http://www.cbs5az.com). Like and share with your friends!

After a bunch of judgmental comments both pro and con, CBS 5 had more to say:

Folks- some have taken this one step too far. First- the mountain is a public place and there is no guaranteed right to privacy. We are attempting to get her side of a story without calling her out for doing anything wrong. Some have already done that, unfortunately. For several reasons I had to delete the video link. If anyone knows this woman we would appreciate hearing from her. Thank you.

Finally after more comments, this:

Thank you all for the comments- supportive and otherwise. Our Facebook page is a separate entity from our news product. This incident has not been on television or our station's web site and we have no plans to move further with it unless we hear from the "mystery woman", at which point we will evaluate what she has to say about the encounter. I am sorry to those who were subjected to abusive language, as our intent was only to locate the hiker and hear her story firsthand before putting anything on air irresponsibly. We may delete this thread if the comments continue to degrade. Now... back to the game. Go Cards!

I used to walk a dog through the streets of NW3 without a lead, I don't suppose it would be allowed these days in this rule-obsessed society.

To argue a dog halfway up a mountain is supposed to be on a lead is not just plain stupid, it is a violation of the dog's freedom! I wouldn't be surprised if the rule-junkie hadn't been giving the woman some lip before the edited clip we see. I feel sorry for the dog.

GroobySteven
10-05-2012, 11:47 AM
To argue a dog halfway up a mountain is supposed to be on a lead is not just plain stupid, it is a violation of the dog's freedom!

It's a joke right? Dog's freedom?
What if there were nesting birds, endangered plants trying to be re-introduced etc. Generally that's why dogs need to be leashed when in country or on mountain and this guy felt strongly enough to make a point.

magicmost
10-05-2012, 12:24 PM
oh i hate those fuckers filming everything with their cellphone

Stavros
10-05-2012, 03:41 PM
It's a joke right? Dog's freedom?
What if there were nesting birds, endangered plants trying to be re-introduced etc. Generally that's why dogs need to be leashed when in country or on mountain and this guy felt strongly enough to make a point.

Dogs need to be able to run around and do their thing, I think you understand the point. The biggest threat to nesting birds isn't Rover or Fido, but other birds, foxes, and humans who hunt rare species. Dogs might urinate on plants, but aren't likely to damage them or eat them, which is what goats probably would do. Dogs are not the problem, if they were, then why not ban them, and have them all eliminated?

GroobySteven
10-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Dogs need to be able to run around and do their thing, I think you understand the point. The biggest threat to nesting birds isn't Rover or Fido, but other birds, foxes, and humans who hunt rare species. Dogs might urinate on plants, but aren't likely to damage them or eat them, which is what goats probably would do. Dogs are not the problem, if they were, then why not ban them, and have them all eliminated?

Dog's will worry and chase off nesting birds (ground nesting) and other animals especially in mating season. I don't know if that's the case here but clearly the was a reason for dogs to be leashed in that area.

Stavros
10-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Dog's will worry and chase off nesting birds (ground nesting) and other animals especially in mating season. I don't know if that's the case here but clearly the was a reason for dogs to be leashed in that area.

I had to google it as I don't know much about Camelback Mountain, and from what I have read it is the dog who should be worried. But I still think we should be more relaxed about dogs being taken for a walk, its not like you can compare a mountain to Oxford Street. They also used to have concerts on the mountainside.

Camelback Mountain is home to a wide variety of plants and animals. RATTLESNAKES ARE VERY COMMON ON THE TRAILS AND THROUGHOUT THE MOUNTAIN! Use Caution! If you encounter them on or near the trail, allow them plenty of room to pass, or give yourself plenty of room to safely move around without disturbing them. Keep in mind that we are visitors in their home. This area is also home to the Chuckwalla lizard- a large, non-poisonous, potbellied lizard with loose folds of skin around its neck and shoulders. Chuckwallas are often seen basking in the sun on a rock outcrop, keeping its body temperature high. If threatened, the chuckwalla will squeeze into a rock crevice and inflate its body so predators can't pull it out. The chuckwalla is often mistaken for the poisonous Gila Monster.

Other common animals and birds on Camelback Mountain include the Harris antelope squirrel, Desert cottontail rabbit, Black-tailed jackrabbit, Kit fox, Cactus wrens, hummingbirds, Gambel quail, Gila woodpeckers, Verdins, White-winged doves, and swallows, as well as a variety of hawks and falcons.

Camelback Mountain is located in the northern part of the Sonoran Desert, a region dominated by saguaro cacti, creosote bush and palo verde trees. Average annual rainfall is less than ten inches.

https://sites.google.com/site/boglekevin/camelbackmountain

Prospero
10-05-2012, 06:46 PM
If Dogs Run Free - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC-XgC1ZLo0)

Who Let the Dogs out??- Baha men Original version - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8)

bassman2546
10-05-2012, 11:01 PM
This doesn't pertain to said video but what owners don't realize is when they walk their dogs without a leash and another leashed dog is nearby, the unleashed dog will approach, sometimes playful and sometimes not. Regardless, the leashed dog feels confined and at a disadvantage and will usually go on the defense. It pisses me off actually when owners walk dogs without a leash and I find it mind-boggling that they don't use common sense.

Los Angeles resident
10-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Before I bought my first house, I lived in an apartment complex where a renter owned a vicious dog. Everytime he took his dog out to walk in the complex, he let his dog run loose. When people pass by - anybody - the dog would run up to that person in a menacing manner and bark viciously at that person. One time he did it to me. I told the owner that his dog was vicious. He told me he's not vicious, he's just "defending his turf". I reported him to property management. They told me they already got complaints about him and were taking steps to evict him.

Another time I parked my car at a Hollywood Video to rent some DVDs (before Netflix and Redbox were the rage) and the car to my left had an open window and a dog inside stuck his head out and barked ferociously at me. I was tempted to call attention to everyone in the video store to the owner of said car with license plate ----- with dog inside about what just happened but didn't feeling it could lead to a confrontation with the owner similar to what you saw on that YouTube video above.

Yep, too many irresponsible dog owners. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs more than anything. My younger brother owned a female Boston Terrier. We just always had her leashed when we took her out.

christianxxx
10-06-2012, 09:55 AM
off topic but one of my greatest accomplishments ever is running straight up camelback mountain and squaw peak about 8 years ago on seperate days. fucking incredible rush to reach the summit. okay threadjack over - carry on

onmyknees
10-06-2012, 05:21 PM
someone will figure out a way to make a controversy of just about anything on here even to the point of google'n shit. Sorry...but i saw the words "man tapes woman" and "unleashed" and thought we might have a nice BDSM tape here. BTW....
neutered or un-neutered what's your preference....?

danthepoetman
10-06-2012, 05:36 PM
OMK, is it just me, or are you in a terribly somber mood, today?

Stavros
10-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Before I bought my first house, I lived in an apartment complex where a renter owned a vicious dog. Everytime he took his dog out to walk in the complex, he let his dog run loose. When people pass by - anybody - the dog would run up to that person in a menacing manner and bark viciously at that person. One time he did it to me. I told the owner that his dog was vicious. He told me he's not vicious, he's just "defending his turf". I reported him to property management. They told me they already got complaints about him and were taking steps to evict him.

Another time I parked my car at a Hollywood Video to rent some DVDs (before Netflix and Redbox were the rage) and the car to my left had an open window and a dog inside stuck his head out and barked ferociously at me. I was tempted to call attention to everyone in the video store to the owner of said car with license plate ----- with dog inside about what just happened but didn't feeling it could lead to a confrontation with the owner similar to what you saw on that YouTube video above.

Yep, too many irresponsible dog owners. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs more than anything. My younger brother owned a female Boston Terrier. We just always had her leashed when we took her out.

For heaven's sake, the woman was half-way up a mountain! I have also had scary confrontation with big dogs on the loose in urban areas, but I still like dogs, and I think there is a time and place in which to let them run free. I am amazed at the reactionary attitudes here.

Steve-Oh
10-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Shit, I hike that mountain on occasion. It's a tough workout.
I often jog down if the foot traffic is light and if there's a loose dog wandering about, I'm not tripping up and going off a cliff! I'll chew out its inconsiderate owner. Let them chase after me if they can!
Many people use the trails. Be considerate.
Oh and what's worse: you're trudging your way up the hill, hyperventillating and you come face to face and inhale a nice lungfull of steaming fresh dog shit..
Stay classy, Arizona.

jamesedwards
10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Dogs freedom? The only freedom a dog has is when it DOESN'T HAVE A DAM OWNER!!! Pet owners tend to make dogs out to be fucking human. I will never own a dog or any pet to live in my house as if they were human, the shit is bananas!!! People treating dogs more human than humans themselves. The dog should be on a dam leash at ALL TIMES!!! If the dog has an owner. if it has teeth it bites !!!

I used to walk a dog through the streets of NW3 without a lead, I don't suppose it would be allowed these days in this rule-obsessed society.

To argue a dog halfway up a mountain is supposed to be on a lead is not just plain stupid, it is a violation of the dog's freedom! I wouldn't be surprised if the rule-junkie hadn't been giving the woman some lip before the edited clip we see. I feel sorry for the dog.

Stavros
10-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Dogs freedom? The only freedom a dog has is when it DOESN'T HAVE A DAM OWNER!!! Pet owners tend to make dogs out to be fucking human. I will never own a dog or any pet to live in my house as if they were human, the shit is bananas!!! People treating dogs more human than humans themselves. The dog should be on a dam leash at ALL TIMES!!! If the dog has an owner. if it has teeth it bites !!!

Calm down and think about it. Blind people have dogs, lonely people have dogs, and yes there are the collectors who breed and bray about their dogs; and there are rescue dogs whose lives are made worth living when they have an owner that loves them. It might not mean much to you, but for some people, the old cliche that a dog is a man's best friend, is actually true. And dogs love running around in the open air -if dog shit is such an issue on the mountain, what about bird shit and fox shit? Can anyone control a cat who heads up the street every morning to piss on Mr Thompson's tomato plants?

jamesedwards
10-08-2012, 10:43 PM
No maybe you need to THINK ABOUT IT!!! What blind person would walk their dog off the leash? This is not about people caring about dogs it's about walking dogs off the leash. I love animals period but I won't keep ANY in my house, nature has already taken care of that, where they get food, take a shit, etc. A dog don't need me to walk him to piss or shit they can do that on their own.

Also people take dogs and or animals like their fucking humans, are you telling me that's ok? I've seen people buy clothes for their dogs and not give to the poor, are you saying that's nice? When Michael Vick got convicted of the crime with the dogs which he wasn't even there, dog owners were like "THEY SHOULD HANG HIM", hang him? WTF he wasn't even there he took the fall for his dumb ass cousins, plus when it comes to a dam human they don't say that type of shit. So maybe you need to think, oh by the way I am calm, can you see me through the computer too? SMH

Calm down and think about it. Blind people have dogs, lonely people have dogs, and yes there are the collectors who breed and bray about their dogs; and there are rescue dogs whose lives are made worth living when they have an owner that loves them. It might not mean much to you, but for some people, the old cliche that a dog is a man's best friend, is actually true. And dogs love running around in the open air -if dog shit is such an issue on the mountain, what about bird shit and fox shit? Can anyone control a cat who heads up the street every morning to piss on Mr Thompson's tomato plants?

trish
10-08-2012, 11:13 PM
It seems perfectly fine to me to ask someone if they knew their dog wasn't on a lead or to imply that perhaps they aren't aware that the law there is that their dog should be on a lead. But to videotape it is confrontational and the epitome of rudeness. We'll never know what her reaction might have been if the jerk behind the camera had decided to encounter her in a non-confrontational manner.

We do live in a society that seems to overwhelm us with silly rules. On the other hand, have you ever seen a park that was overwhelmed with stinking dog shit or a nature trail devoid of nature, upturned by hundreds of curious domestic animals?

Personally I'm not much of a domestic animal person. I'd never own a dog 'cause I don't want to walk behind a dog with a plastic bag picking up its shit. Personally I'm not against dog fighting, cock fighting etc. I'm not one of those people who got upset when Vick was in the news. Personally I think PETA is way off base and that medicine can only advance through experimentation with lab animals. Hell, humans have literally designed domesticated animals for exploitation. Cows, hogs, dogs and cats are not unaltered products of nature. Cows exist to be milked, cattle to slaughtered and hogs to be sliced into bacon.

When I'm walking a nature trail, I don't want to be sidestepping dog shit every five feet (don't mind sidestepping fox shit, I'm on the trail to experience the wild...not the domestic). Nor do I want some asshole pushing a camera in my face 'cause he thinks he's breaking the mountain trail crime story of the year.