PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Use An Electric Razor Only For Your Face/Head?

Dino Velvet
09-20-2012, 03:11 AM
Those things never get it all. I shave my head and face clean and use one of those Gillette Fusion Pro-Glides with 5 blades. Edge Gel too.

I do use my Braun Electric to prep my face taking off as much as it can. Always leaves patches on the neck but the blades get everything. End product is a clean cut fella.

http://www.latestfreestuff.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Free-Gillette-Fusion-ProGlide-Razor.jpghttps://cdn.alice.com/images/products/1295054/300.jpg?1335989125

GrimFusion
09-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Those things never get it all. I shave my head and face clean and use one of those Gillette Fusion Pro-Glides with 5 blades. Edge Gel too.

I do use my Braun Electric to prep my face taking off as much as it can. Always leaves patches on the neck but the blades get everything. End product is a clean cut fella.

http://www.latestfreestuff.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Free-Gillette-Fusion-ProGlide-Razor.jpghttps://cdn.alice.com/images/products/1295054/300.jpg?1335989125

I think electric razors were made with the sole intention of disappointing everybody who buys one. I spent $90 on a Norelco and right in the instructions it said something to the effect that the razor had to be used every day for some long-term indeterminable amount of time until my skin got used to it. Only then would it work effectively. Problem is, it never worked effectively. For four weeks I had a perpetual 5-0'clock shadow until I just got sick of it and switched back to disposables.

danthepoetman
09-20-2012, 03:28 AM
I use a good, old, regular clipper for my head, and I use it to evenly shave my beard hair as well. I usually try to leave a quarter of an inch of hair on my head (on the ring where it still grows) by using the adapting little comb that comes with it. I never, ever have to go to the barber shop. Haven’t gone there in 20 years! Fun thing is, my grand-father was a barber. When we were little boys, my brother and I, the first thing happening to us when we were going there, was being sat on the barber seat and thoroughly shaven in order for us to “look like little men, not girls”… Early sixties…
Life can be ironic, can’t it?

Dino Velvet
09-20-2012, 03:38 AM
I have/had balding issues with an empty spot on the crown of my head. I'd either grow my hair halfway down my back or completely shaved. I was rockin' Willie Nelson pigtails and a Taliban beard for awhile.

danthepoetman
09-20-2012, 03:48 AM
I have/had balding issues with an empty spot on the crown of my head. I'd either grow my hair halfway down my back or completely shaved. I was rockin' Willie Nelson pigtails and a Taliban beard for awhile.
I was too, but I think it made it worse on the head. I was picking handfuls of hair on the shower floor… I compensate the missing hair on the top by a lot on the face now. :) At some point, I had long hair with imperial mustaches and beard, you know? like a musketeer… like the image, but by God, looking a bit better, I hope…

natina
09-20-2012, 03:54 AM
I want to sell you some generic version of Propecia

and a coupon for some hair transplants

robertlouis
09-20-2012, 03:57 AM
Move to Europe in that case. I've been using Braun electrics for years and they do a pretty good job, although no electric will ever match a good wet shave with a second-day blade. Wet shave around once a week.

And I have a head of good healthy thick dark hair. No buzz cuts for me.

Dino Velvet
09-20-2012, 03:58 AM
I was too, but I think it made it worse on the head. I was picking handfuls of hair on the shower floor… I compensate the missing hair on the top by a lot on the face now. :) At some point, I had long hair with imperial mustaches and beard, you know? like a musketeer… like the image, but by God, looking a bit better, I hope…

Mustaches and me are a no-go. Think my nose and mouth aren't shaped well for it or something. My father was evil mustache man. I'm more for beards and goatees but not anymore since there's too much grey and Just For Men melts my face off.

danthepoetman
09-20-2012, 04:16 AM
I want to sell you some generic version of Propecia

and a coupon for some hair transplants
Natina, haven’t we seen someone complaining for having been completely feminized by Propercia, lately?

Willie Escalade
09-20-2012, 04:53 AM
I use them only to trim up the beard and the stasche. Other than that, I just grab some disposables from the 99¢ Store...