PDA

View Full Version : Who will you vote for (as a registered American)?

tsmounting
09-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Please enlighten me/us with your carefully considered and non-dogmatic opinions..

Baileyluv
09-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Not liking MITTS slogan of late, really turned me off.

"Keep America American" MITT 2012

"Keep America American" KKK 1922

aprilian
09-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Watch Bill Clintons speech from the convention. He pretty well sums up what the election is about. Does he apple polish Obama, for sure. But he honestly states the lefts position. And what is offered by the competition.

So for me it's
Gobama!

Erika1487
09-06-2012, 09:56 PM
As a former Republican party official from the great state of Ohio, I plan on voting a straight Republican ballot this fall........

I don't out right hate democrats & liberals, but I will do everything in my power to keep them out of office :geek:

Dino Velvet
09-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Whoever grabs less money outta my neighborhood.

humanoid
09-06-2012, 10:17 PM
As an Ameican, I enjoy shooting sports and owning guns. Therefore I will vote for Romney as his agenda does not include gun control.

I think the both are potential bad presidents in general.

irvin66
09-07-2012, 01:09 AM
To be quite honest I have not much clue on American politics, except what I see on TV. I think perhaps I would have voted for Obama, or maybe not, hard to say. :wiggle:
Are there not more candidates to vote for?

irvin66
09-07-2012, 01:23 AM
As an Ameican, I enjoy shooting sports and owning guns. Therefore I will vote for Romney as his agenda does not include gun control.

What about all the shootings going on over there then?
I also are engaged in shooting sports, including competition pistol shooting and owns lots of guns.
Some control it must be otherwise, anyone can buy guns without control.
Here in Norway you have to be a member of an approved pistol club to applying for police permit for buying guns. :geek:

Willie Escalade
09-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Anyone who knows me (and NOT the Willie Escalade/Ben in LA persona) knows who I'm voting for.

speedking59
09-07-2012, 03:59 AM
a few months ago i faxed this to my county's board of elections:

"Kindly remove my name from your list of voters and any list derived thereof, and destroy all records of my voter registration. I no longer care to give government credibility with my vote or registration to vote.

Government is merely a device for seizing the wealth and controlling the property of others. It is a parasitic system that has displaced and destroyed private enterprise. I find it abhorrent to be enslaved or to use government to enslave others. I prefer a voluntary society of self interested people in which insurers protect the insured, and arbitrators determine the property value to be compensated in disputes between people who own themselves and are responsible for their property."

Jackal
09-07-2012, 06:07 AM

What did Obama do that restricted your gun ownership?

robertlouis
09-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Interesting to see so many voting for Romney when the GOP have and will actively discriminate against trans people and gays - Ryan and ENDA for one. Does that make you feel uncomfortable or can you separate your sexual fantasies and fetish from your voting intention that easily?

SammiValentine
09-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Mitt ..is he the idiot who was over here before the olympics?? rofl.

robertlouis
09-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Mitt ..is he the idiot who was over here before the olympics?? rofl.

Yep. THAT idiot. The one who said we couldn't do the olympics. Twat.

Baileyluv
09-07-2012, 07:21 PM

omg just TWAT, come one im sure theres sum better cockney slang names for him.:)

SammiValentine
09-07-2012, 07:25 PM
youd have to ask a cockney I guess ;)

robertlouis
09-07-2012, 07:25 PM
omg just TWAT, come one im sure theres sum better cockney slang names for him.:)

We're not all cockneys mate. He's just a complete gobshite.

robertlouis
09-07-2012, 07:29 PM
youd have to ask a cockney I guess ;)

Like this one?

DianeCD
09-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Not liking MITTS slogan of late, really turned me off.

"Keep America American" MITT 2012

"Keep America American" KKK 1922

Washington Post ran a retraction and apology. It was never said.

I am undecided. I like the social progress of Obama, but am more fiscally conservative, so I havent decided yet.

loveboof
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
He's just a complete gobshite.

numpty, bellend, gobshite... twat...

There are plenty of options! lol

[good to see ya robertlouis :) been up to anything exciting?]

Jackal
09-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Romney said "Keep America America" on the campaign trail but it was never his motto or slogan. That said, his views on LGBTQ individuals are not far off from the KKK. He was a high ranking bishop of an organization that says you're better off not being born than being non-heterosexual or non-cisgender. The GOP platform is clearly anti-LGBTQ and I fail to see how guys who love transwomen and have any integrity would vote for a bastard who does not think our tg friends, girlfriends or wives deserve anything less than equality.

Angel/Faced
09-07-2012, 08:58 PM
obama all the way. mitt and his wife just seem so damn fake to me.

alpha2117
09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
The Republican's have drifted so far to the right that it's become sad. The policies become all about an ideology rather than common sense and we saw what happened with that under Bush. There was little real reason to attack Iraq but plenty of reason to watch the financial market, a massive debt but tax cuts for the rich, increasing social problems but a desperate focus on the non issue of gay marriage etc etc. The Democrats are far from perfect but it would be interesting to see what they could do if they had control of Congress for a few years. As it is Obama probably wins but the GOP has congress and as usual they block any meaningful reform.

Baileyluv
09-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Like this one?

we just produced a dance to that lil scene, step in time, i think its up on youtube

Baileyluv
09-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Romney said "Keep America America" on the campaign trail but it was never his motto or slogan. That said, his views on LGBTQ individuals are not far off from the KKK. He was a high ranking bishop of an organization that says you're better off not being born than being non-heterosexual or non-cisgender. The GOP platform is clearly anti-LGBTQ and I fail to see how guys who love transwomen and have any integrity would vote for a bastard who does not think our tg friends, girlfriends or wives deserve anything less than equality.

beyond true

eccentricBlue
09-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Our government was not designed to be a safety net for failure, and yet that is the direction I see from the DNC. Not only is it fiscally impossible to bail out every failing industry, our government has proven time and time again that they cannot efficiently run any type of program. I side with the masses on LGBT issues however this election is about JOBS and DEBT. Unfortunately in my opinion (which everyone has a right to), Obama has proven that he can talk the talk, but not walk the walk.

The rhetoric is slinging from both sides, however it is clear that one side has every intention of expanding government while the other side seeks to limit it.
Just my .02, although I probably won't be gaining any fans from this post.

onmyknees
09-07-2012, 10:27 PM

See...there you go again. Why do you constantly misrepresent what people you don't agree with say? It's not only annoying, it's dishonest. It's a character flaw I've noticed in you...He never said you couldn't do the Olympics....he discussed some security issues that every paper I saw from the UK said the same fucking thing. Even that annoying export twit Piers Morgan said you fuckers blew what he said way out of proportion. And so what if he did say it ? He's certainly got the credibility after having pulled off an extremely successful Salt Lake Olympics.

I'm glad London pulled it off, now maybe you can stop being so sensitive and get your economy out of the toilet...you're dragging my international stock portfolio down !

onmyknees
09-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Just my .02, although I probably won't be gaining any fans from this post.[/QUOTE]

Fuck 'em. Say what you feel. Your opinion counts for just as much as anyone else on here...If you worry about being liked in here, or anywhere else for that matter...you're headed for major disappointment.

FreddieGomez
09-07-2012, 10:39 PM
My president is black

eccentricBlue
09-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Just my .02, although I probably won't be gaining any fans from this post.

Fuck 'em. Say what you feel. Your opinion counts for just as much as anyone else on here...If you worry about being liked in here, or anywhere else for that matter...you're headed for major disappointment.[/QUOTE]

I only say what I believe, unlike every damn politician!

Quiet Reflections
09-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Neither

eccentricBlue
09-07-2012, 11:00 PM
The Democrats are far from perfect but it would be interesting to see what they could do if they had control of Congress for a few years. As it is Obama probably wins but the GOP has congress and as usual they block any meaningful reform.

Perhaps you forget that the democrats had a super majority for the first 2 years of obama's presidency. That super majority presented a multi-thousand page proposal at the 11th hour that produced "The Affordable Healthcare Act". It was passed without 1 single Republican vote. Please respectfuly keep in mind that the republicans represent 1/2 of the citizens in this country. Previous democrats who persued such a law at least had the courtesy to include ideas from the other side of the isle. Also, if none of this matters to your opinion please remember that most of the democrats who voted for it admitted to never reading it.

Obama boastfully says he didn't increase taxes yet he added a ton. For example, beginning shortly after the election there will be a 3.8% tax on the sale of any home which will go directly to obamacare.

You say you would like to see what the democrats could do with control of government, and I say that we have already seem it.

bighicknyc
09-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Being that no photo id was required to vote here does that mean Obama got voted twice by some people

robertlouis
09-08-2012, 03:00 AM
numpty, bellend, gobshite... twat...

There are plenty of options! lol

[good to see ya robertlouis :) been up to anything exciting?]

Sadly I've been involved in burying my wonderful brother, grieving for him and supporting his family. It's been a shit few months. He died suddenly and without any prior warning in the prime of his life, leaving a widow and two lovely sons. It's been hellish.

loveboof
09-08-2012, 04:04 AM
Sadly I've been involved in burying my wonderful brother, grieving for him and supporting his family. It's been a shit few months. He died suddenly and without any prior warning in the prime of his life, leaving a widow and two lovely sons. It's been hellish.

I'm sorry to hear that mate - that's horrible! I have a brother and I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. I hope you're ok...

This isn't just an empty gesture, if there's anything I can do drop me a message :)

robertlouis
09-08-2012, 04:12 AM
I'm sorry to hear that mate - that's horrible! I have a brother and I can only imagine what you must be feeling right now. I hope you're ok...

This isn't just an empty gesture, if there's anything I can do drop me a message :)

Thank you. That's very much appreciated. We're a strong family without the issues that bedevil most - my lovely post-op girlfriend from Singapore has been welcomed warmly and with love - and my "profession" allows me to spend plenty of time with them, but if I feel that a neutral ear might help, I'll certainly be in touch. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart.

ed_jaxon
09-08-2012, 06:19 AM
My deepest sympathies RL.

I cannot imagine what you are going through as I also have a brother whom I am very close to.

Prospero
09-08-2012, 08:21 AM
See...there you go again. Why do you constantly misrepresent what people you don't agree with say? ROFL - THIS FROM THE GUY WHO HAS MADE THIS APPROACH HIS STOCK IN TRADE!!!

I'm glad London pulled it off, now maybe you can .... get your economy out of the toilet...you're dragging my international stock portfolio down !

I'd like to see us get our economy back on track -even if it helps OMK's stock portfolio (let him prosper if we all prosper) . Sadly that is unlikely to happen under the present austerity cost-cutting regime of the Conservative/Liberal Democrat coaiition. And you Americans will see how very much worse the economy can get if you put the similar but even more extreme party headed by Romney back into power. Bush and his idiots had eight years to fuck your economy up really well. Obama has had only four to begin the job of mending things.

So lest we forget the man who flushed the US down the toilet here he is again.

buttslinger
09-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Sorry Robert, you forget how hard life can be. I know everyone here wishes you the best.

Prospero
09-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Robert - no need for me to say more regarding your loss. You know you have my profound sympathy

robertlouis
09-08-2012, 02:08 PM
See...there you go again. Why do you constantly misrepresent what people you don't agree with say? It's not only annoying, it's dishonest. It's a character flaw I've noticed in you...He never said you couldn't do the Olympics....he discussed some security issues that every paper I saw from the UK said the same fucking thing. Even that annoying export twit Piers Morgan said you fuckers blew what he said way out of proportion. And so what if he did say it ? He's certainly got the credibility after having pulled off an extremely successful Salt Lake Olympics.

I'm glad London pulled it off, now maybe you can stop being so sensitive and get your economy out of the toilet...you're dragging my international stock portfolio down !

I'm not going to rise to it. It's pointless. You're a cheap, one-track propagandist who consistently refuses to enter into debate when challenged, and never answers a direct question.