PDA

View Full Version : Sticking Through The Ice

hondarobot
03-25-2006, 02:52 AM
hehe. . .I bet you guys thought this post had something to do with shecock jutting through an ice ring or something.

Actually, I just read the craziest news story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060324/ap_on_re_us/frozen_airman

The short version is- WW2 plane crashes, 4 guys die, one guy just gets found on the side of a mountain with his arm sticking out of the ice. If they found the other 3 guys, how did they miss the guy who (at that point was presumably not entombed in ice yet), with his arm sticking out on the side of a moutain? And who dies like that, with their arm outstreched away from their body?

I like to imagine his final words were a defiant "ARE YOU FUCKERS BLIND?!. . .ARRGGHH!!!!!!" as he was flipping off the unobservant rescue team down below.

Just weird, had to share.

BeardedOne
03-25-2006, 02:56 AM
:smh

Gawd, you're worse than I am, guy. :?

Though this reminds me of the Russian tug captain who, when run aground, revved the engines only to churn up several hundred lost souls from the Stalin perges of the post-war cleansings.

Ya never know what you're gonna find.

hondarobot
03-25-2006, 03:09 AM
Oh, this isn't even all that morbid B1, the airman died decades ago.

Quinn posted something way more morbid last Halloween.

8)

When life gives some other poor bastard lemons, and he dies in a slightly comic fashion, you make lemonaid. And that story you just posted was horrific! I'm never going boating in Russian waterspace again!

BeardedOne
03-25-2006, 03:16 AM
And that story you just posted was horrific! I'm never going boating in Russian waterspace again!

When I first bought my house in 1999/2000 the previous owner took me out on the deck and gleefully pointed to where they'd found three bodies from two recent murder investigations (Two from the infamous Purnell hooker murders) not more than a hundred yards from my home.

Did wonders for property values for a while. :shock:

Edmund
03-25-2006, 05:33 AM
Fortunately the Super Soldier Serum in his body kept him alive, with the ice acting as an impromptu cryogenic...

No, wait... that was Captain America.

Ecstatic
03-25-2006, 07:28 AM
All he needs is a giant cow to lick him free and give birth to the world as we know it...wait, that was Norse mythology....

hondarobot
03-25-2006, 11:56 PM
In search of something to compete against the Captain America and Norse World Creator theories, I googled "Found Buried Ice" and came across the story of Otzi, a guy found buried in the ice in the Austrian Alps. Oh, and he died 5,000 years ago.

Posting on Hung Angels can prove to be amazingly educational.

Another "frozen in ice guy" found in my search was, of course, Captain Caveman. . .but back to Otzi.

Interesting thing is that he was dressed in shoes, leather leggings, and a loin cloth (among other things, such as a stunningly fashionable cape made of woven grass). Now, if he could figure out leggings and a loin cloth, why didn't he make the next logical conclusion and combine the two together, covering his ass?

My guess is he was heading to France for some neolithic sex party, and wanted to be ready for action immediately upon arrival.

chefmike
03-26-2006, 12:56 AM
:roll: