PDA

View Full Version : Why Won't In 'n' Out Burger Fix Those Darn Fries?

Dino Velvet
09-04-2012, 06:21 AM
I really like the Double-Doubles but the fries are very blan. Tried Animal-style before and wasn't much for that either. Had to stop by McDonald's to get a large box while hiding the burger sack from the same Mexican who handed me a Big Deluxe Breakfast at 10:28 that morning.

Jackal
09-04-2012, 06:57 AM
All of their food is bland and greasy.

danthepoetman
09-04-2012, 07:35 AM
I guess that sometimes, you have to compromise. I order from a little diner sometimes, almost around the corner. Everything is great. Good food, well made, clean, very decent stuff not too expensive. But the fries! my God the fries are awful! it’s as if they were refrying them over and over and over again. Some are black and hard, many are twisted in pain and as tough as overcooked bacon. Yet I keep ordering from the place because the rest is nice. I just try not to be too difficult when I order a club sandwich or a burger with fries, or replace the fries when I can with onion rings… Restaurants are a bit like life: if all in all things are good, don’t try to make too many changes…

bubbski
09-04-2012, 07:55 AM
I actually had the most perfect fries at In N' Out....once. It is a lunch that will remain engrained in my palate forever.

I had ordered a Double-Double with grilled onions and Fries as a combo before a trip to Thailand...I knew I would not have a chance for In N' Out for two or three weeks. To my surprise, the usually wet and soggy fries had come out perfectly...browned and salted to perfection. And the grilled onions were even tastier than usual. I sat in the car at the In N Out on Cahuenga savoring this treat like a 5-star dinner.

The combination of perfect In N' Out Fries and delightful grilled onions in a Double Double combo has never been duplicated. Much to my dismay.

Dino Velvet
09-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Neighborhood Upgrade:
SE Corner of Santa Monica Bl/Sepulveda Bl
Yoshinoya Gone - Fatburger Almost Open

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ub-tnGHNLtQ/TON4UN5hrCI/AAAAAAAAArg/cIRm0QKFTNE/s1600/fatBURGER.png

loren
09-04-2012, 07:59 AM
I've found that ketchup can make just about anything eatible.

maxlust
09-04-2012, 07:59 AM
They served you breakfast at McDonald's after 10am? Wow!

Dino Velvet
09-04-2012, 08:01 AM

Mine serves until 10:30.

Falling Down - Fast Food debacle HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK332QsfYRc)

Dino Velvet
09-04-2012, 08:03 AM
I've found that ketchup can make just about anything eatible.

Better than syrup or jelly?

Tossing The Salad In Jail - Life In American Prison - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItAzJD0o9NQ)

What is Tossing Salad ? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2kVjuT2jqE)

MdR Dave
09-04-2012, 08:03 AM

Made it by two minutes, Dino did.

Breakfast stops at 10:30 at McD's in El Norte.

loren
09-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Ya, I believe the ones by where I live do too.

MdR Dave
09-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Dino, I've never understood the In 'n Out thing. There are better burgers almost anywhere, and their fries are pretty bad ( ketchup notwithstanding.)

What do you think is the real allure? The secret menu gimmick?

Dino Velvet
09-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Where the heck is this McDonald's?

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTk2MjM2NzMxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg2NjEzNA%40% 40._V1._SX640_SY430_.jpg

Dino Velvet
09-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Dino, I've never understood the In 'n Out thing. There are better burgers almost anywhere, and their fries are pretty bad ( ketchup notwithstanding.)

Peer pressure and The Big Lebowski. Secret Menu so only a select few cool people know about it. Geesh! Fatburger is my favorite. Apple Pan, who everyone raves about, is totally overpriced and it's a hotbox o' lechers in there waiting for a stool.

Tim Conway Jr was freaking out on the radio about In 'n' Out Burger saying Burger King was no big deal. I say Double Whopper w/cheese is no joke. I would rank the Double-Double as second best to Fatburger's Double King(1 lb)w/cheese. Marie Callender's has great burgers too with the regular Cheeseburger and my favorite, the Deluxe Frisco Burger. Callender's Fries are also very good and they sprinkle Lawry's Seasoned Salt on them.

James Scott
09-04-2012, 08:39 AM
When breakfast stops depends on that specific McDonalds. The ones where I live don't stop serving breakfast until 12 PM.

JenniferParisHusband
09-04-2012, 09:06 AM

THANK YOU!!!! When I moved to LA in 2006, everyone kept nagging me about f-ing In & Out Burger. It was horrible! I actually got pissed at people for making me go there and eat that overrated crap! There are so many good burger places in the midwest that put that crap to shame! Best I had out there is Fatburger, but it's more expensive. Still, I'd rather even eat Steak & Shake over an In & Out burger any day.

Here in Ohio, McD's is doing breakfast all day long now. A Mc Double with a hasbrown in the middle, damn tasty!

south ov da border
09-04-2012, 09:23 AM

Falling Down - Fast Food debacle HD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK332QsfYRc)

I've so been that Guy before. "But its 10:32 and I've been in line 5 minutes"... 'sorry sir we are on lunch menu now'....ahhhhhh!

south ov da border
09-04-2012, 09:29 AM
The big lebowski is the only reason i tried in n out. ice cube sold me on fatburger. Best Burger I ever had...

Erika1487
09-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Carl Jrs for the win :D (Hardee's for those of us east of ks)

south ov da border
09-04-2012, 09:43 AM

I don't do beef anymore but Carl's Jr was my first Cali Burger experience ... not so bad

Jericho
09-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Stop fucking around with 'fries' and get some honest to goodness chips!

Prospero
09-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Chips in the USA are what we call crisps

Jericho
09-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Sometimes, I'm glad we gave up the colonies!
<firestorm>

sucka4chix
09-04-2012, 02:32 PM
You people suck too much dick! Absolutely NO way anyone can say In N Out Burger was HORRIBLE! If it wasn't your favorite, fine. But horrible? That's straight up bullshit! You don't like the fries because they are FRESH and you're used to eating that fake assed McDonald's shit. I get that. McDonald's were best when fried in lard. But don't get it twisted-- the fries at In N Out taste like a French fried potato!!

Willie Escalade
09-04-2012, 03:07 PM
I've pretty much tried them all. McDonalds, Burger King, Carl's Jr., Jack-N-The-Box, Wendy's, In-N-Out, Fatburger. I've tried the smaller places as well: Tommy's, Sonic (when I'm in Las Vegas; aren't too many in LA), even Rally's (the one on Cherry and PCH in Long Beach; oh, yeah).

Then are the independents...which I actually favor. Tams and Brolly Hut in Inglewood. As for the restaurants, I normally don't order burgers but I might have to try them sometimes.

The fries at McDonalds are still the best. More than once I've gotten a burger at Fatburger, fries at Mickey D's, and a Super Big Gulp from 7-Eleven. THAT'S bang for your buck!

MdR Dave
09-04-2012, 04:57 PM

Yup. Easy enough to figure that one. Same taste, same little gold star, and the stores always smell urinal cake fresh.

BBaggins06
09-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Peer pressure and The Big Lebowski. Secret Menu so only a select few cool people know about it. Geesh! Fatburger is my favorite. Apple Pan, who everyone raves about, is totally overpriced and it's a hotbox o' lechers in there waiting for a stool.

Tim Conway Jr was freaking out on the radio about In 'n' Out Burger saying Burger King was no big deal. I say Double Whopper w/cheese is no joke. I would rank the Double-Double as second best to Fatburger's Double King(1 lb)w/cheese. Marie Callender's has great burgers too with the regular Cheeseburger and my favorite, the Deluxe Frisco Burger. Callender's Fries are also very good and they sprinkle Lawry's Seasoned Salt on them.

For me, it's the fact that aren't any in Illinois. Every time I fly out to the west coast, I always make three stops, one to In N Out, Jack-in-the-Box & Carl's Jr. Love the INO fries when done right and the Big Mac-ish sauce. The deep fried tacos at JitB are to die for as are the breakfast sammiches. Also love the $6 burger @ CJ.

The best fries ever are the butter/garlic fries at a little sandwich shop by my house but even they suck when not cooked enough. We have lots of great hamburger chains here too : Five Guys, Smashburger, The Counter are just a couple off the top of my head. You should check them out if you ever leave the comforts of LA. :)

Dino Velvet
09-04-2012, 06:10 PM
You don't like the fries because they are FRESH and you're used to eating that fake assed McDonald's shit. I get that. McDonald's were best when fried in lard. But don't get it twisted-- the fries at In N Out taste like a French fried potato!!

I know they're fresh and they cut them every day but I need some salt and grease and some flavor. Their burgers are great in contrast.

The fries at McDonalds are still the best. More than once I've gotten a burger at Fatburger, fries at Mickey D's, and a Super Big Gulp from 7-Eleven. THAT'S bang for your buck!

Pretty much agree. Cheap and frozen or not still greasy, salty goodness and hot too. I like the Curly Fries from Jack In The Box about as much. Also, I like the Big Fat Fries at Fatburger.

kukm4
09-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Dino, have you tryed the Island's frys. If so, how do you rate those.

http://food.theplainjane.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/islands-skin-on-endless-fries.jpg

Dino Velvet
09-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Dino, have you tryed the Island's frys. If so, how do you rate those.

http://food.theplainjane.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/islands-skin-on-endless-fries.jpg

God, haven't been to Islands in years. Great fries. Crispy and salty. Nice burgers and sandwiches too. Think I'll go this week. Thanks for mentioning it. I could eat burgers & fries 4 times a week as long as they came from different places.

JenniferParisHusband
09-05-2012, 03:09 AM
You people suck too much dick! Absolutely NO way anyone can say In N Out Burger was HORRIBLE! If it wasn't your favorite, fine. But horrible? That's straight up bullshit! You don't like the fries because they are FRESH and you're used to eating that fake assed McDonald's shit. I get that. McDonald's were best when fried in lard. But don't get it twisted-- the fries at In N Out taste like a French fried potato!!

I can and I will say it. In & Out was HORRIBLE! Not just once, but every single time it's been inflicted upon me! Overcooked tiny thin bland little things on huge dry-ass bun, and more lettuce than there was meat. It sucked ass. They're fucking overrated as hell!!!! People told me the same thing about Cassel's on 6th st. in K-town. One more in a long line of over-hyped LA food places (add Pinks to that list too.)

If people out west want to be clever, show me a decent slice of pizza in California (and none of that Wolfgang Puck Cali Pizza Kitchen crap either!) I'm talking a Brooklynn size slice, real sauce and cheese and toppings like New York Pizza Suprema near Madison Square Gardens. There's one place on Hwd Blvd near the El Capitan that tries to make it, and it's not even close.

I say this as a former Angelino, people in California live in a circle of hell when it comes to real food that isn't all artsied up, or Asian (which is remarkably good out there, I'll give you that.) and it's time you all realized it. We've got Fatburger, Maidwrights, B-spot, and a dozen other places here where the burgers are ten times better. CA got the sunshine, we get the better food. That's just how it worked out. Deal with it.

:loser:

Dino Velvet
09-05-2012, 03:14 AM
If people out west want to be clever, show me a decent slice of pizza in California (and none of that Wolfgang Puck Cali Pizza Kitchen crap either!) I'm talking a Brooklynn size slice, real sauce and cheese and toppings like New York Pizza Suprema near Madison Square Gardens. There's one place on Hwd Blvd near the El Capitan that tries to make it, and it's not even close.

We used to have that good Chicago Pizza Works on Pico/Barrington. I was so pissed when they closed. No good Chicago Deep Dish Pie around.

MdR Dave
09-05-2012, 03:20 AM
I can and I will say it. . .

I say this as a former Angelino, people in California live in a circle of hell when it comes to real food that isn't all artsied up, or Asian (which is remarkably good out there, I'll give you that.) and it's time you all realized it.

Amen. When I got here it dumbfounded me- with the climate, the growers, the focus on organics- the best freakin' ingredients anywhere- why can't California cook worth a damn? Seriously, it's like LA doesn't give a fu€k about flavor and doesn't know any better.

There are exceptions- the sushi is tops almost anywhere you go, and there are bright spots here and there ( god bless Aunt Kizzy's, I miss that place) but in the main, any hole-in-the-wall restaurant in NYC (the last place I lived) will fix you better grub.

95racer
09-05-2012, 03:24 AM
I just about can't eat any fast food. Been working hard on changing my diet and it doesn't agree with my guts. That being said, White Castle still had the best fries. There Coke was real good too. We would just order two or three fries & coke.

JenniferParisHusband
09-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Amen. When I got here it dumbfounded me- with the climate, the growers, the focus on organics- the best freakin' ingredients anywhere- why can't California cook worth a damn? Seriously, it's like LA doesn't give a fu€k about flavor and doesn't know any better.

There are exceptions- the sushi is tops almost anywhere you go, and there are bright spots here and there ( god bless Aunt Kizzy's, I miss that place) but in the main, any hole-in-the-wall restaurant in NYC (the last place I lived) will fix you better grub.

I live in Ohio now, and I don't rate it anywhere near NYC or Chicago for Italian food. But some friends in LA took me to a place on Vermont called Palmero, it's supposed to be one of the best in all of CA, and I couldn't believe how bland it was either. I never had Sushi out there, an allergy thing. But the Korean and Japanese I had was always exceptional almost everywhere I went.

MdR Dave
09-05-2012, 03:26 AM
I'm talking a Brooklynn size slice, real sauce and cheese and toppings like New York Pizza Suprema near Madison Square Gardens.

Mmmmmmm.

Driggs Trattoria, S 7th and Driggs, first stop off the L in Williamsburg. Love their pizza. The marinara sauce kicks ass, too.

Go for dinner some day, JPH- if you don't like the sauce I'll PayPal you the cost of your date's dinner. (You're paying your own way. Wine not included. Special blackouts apply. See official rules for details. )

MdR Dave
09-05-2012, 03:28 AM
I live in Ohio now.

Not paying airfare, either!

MdR Dave
09-05-2012, 03:30 AM
I just about can't eat any fast food. Been working hard on changing my diet and it doesn't agree with my guts. That being said, White Castle still had the best fries. There Coke was real good too. We would just order two or three fries & coke.

Soda can make a difference. The best Mexican places here have real Coke, trucked from south of the border- they still use real sugar instead of corn syrup.

Anyone who says there isn't a taste difference has no soul.

Dino Velvet
09-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Overall I like the food out here. I'm not real picky and can find decent exotic food cheap all within 10 minutes of my house. Food trucks too.

I lived in Texas before. The food and the ingredients for the food were farm fresh and good but the variety wasn't there. Sure missed El Pollo Loco as I had to deal with that Taco Cabana crap.

sucka4chix
09-05-2012, 03:59 AM
I can and I will say it. In & Out was HORRIBLE! Not just once, but every single time it's been inflicted upon me! Overcooked tiny thin bland little things on huge dry-ass bun, and more lettuce than there was meat. It sucked ass. They're fucking overrated as hell!!!! People told me the same thing about Cassel's on 6th st. in K-town. One more in a long line of over-hyped LA food places (add Pinks to that list too.)

I say this as a former Angelino, people in California live in a circle of hell when it comes to real food that isn't all artsied up, or Asian (which is remarkably good out there, I'll give you that.) and it's time you all realized it. We've got Fatburger, Maidwrights, B-spot, and a dozen other places here where the burgers are ten times better. CA got the sunshine, we get the better food. That's just how it worked out. Deal with it.

I don't know where in the hell you went, but that review is not representative of In n Out burger at all. I've been to restaurants in Cali, Arizona and I think Texas. They are very consistent because they don't franchise. I have NEVER had an over cooked burger and never had a dry bun. Definitely can call bullshit on the huge bun. That's just a blatant lie or you weren't even in In N Out. I live on the East Coast and have eaten in just about every state. As far as restaurant chains go, a Double Double is one of the best burgers out there. It's fresh, well proportioned and always served by pleasant people. I recently ranked burgers from these one step above McDonald's restaurants and put In n Out first. It tastes better than 5 guys, Johnny Rockets and Culver's in the Midwest. My disclaimer was I haven't been to Fatburger.

And who said Carl's jr/Hardee's??? Not even close. The toppings are awesome and the burgers could be top-notch IF they were seasoned right. The meat just tastes odd.

Willie Escalade
09-05-2012, 04:33 AM
As I said before...Brolly Hut in Inglewood made some damn good burgers. I only wish I had more time to head over there; haven't been in YEARS.

In-N-Out is good, but is is slightly overrated. When I worked in the valley I frequented the one on Roscoe near Woodman, as well as the one on Moorpark and Van Nuys.

Since its close by I'll just stick with the local Tams on Long Beach Blvd in Lynwood...

JenniferParisHusband
09-05-2012, 05:17 AM
That's just a blatant lie or you weren't even in In N Out.

Listen to me you little inbred waste of your fathers cum, don't ever call me a liar again. Do you fucking know me? No? Then what gives your limp-dicked excuse of a life any right to say that? None. Now do I go down to the docks while you are sucking longshoreman cock and taking up the ass from any teamster willing to step off their forklift and give you a nickel for it to call you names? No. Nor do I take the time to make fun of that tiny bus you rode to school on with your 65 IQ. So do me a favor and make like Tony Scott and throw your sorry disease ridden, wart covered ass off a bridge for all of humanity's sake!!!

And for the record, Sunset Blvd was the location closest to where I worked. Although during my Bar Exam in Ontario, I always seemed to get stuck being dragged to the one off the 10 at the Vinyard exit. There were also 2 in Costa Mesa, 1 in Irvine and 1 in Santa Ana that were all within the same distance of my other office there, and which I got dragged to by co-workers. So yeah Sucka, I've been to a fucking In & Out Burger. Now go die in a fire!

JenniferParisHusband
09-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Don't even care if I get banned now. Totally worth it asshole!

Dino Velvet
09-05-2012, 06:00 AM
In-N-Out is good, but is is slightly overrated.

Well said. Good but slightly overrated. Like the burgers but they're not as out of this world as people make them out to be. Give me a Double King w/cheese from Fatburger. Can't wait for that new one by me to open.

sucka4chix
09-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Listen to me you little inbred waste of your fathers cum, don't ever call me a liar again. Do you fucking know me? No? Then what gives your limp-dicked excuse of a life any right to say that? None. Now do I go down to the docks while you are sucking longshoreman cock and taking up the ass from any teamster willing to step off their forklift and give you a nickel for it to call you names? No. Nor do I take the time to make fun of that tiny bus you rode to school on with your 65 IQ. So do me a favor and make like Tony Scott and throw your sorry disease ridden, wart covered ass off a bridge for all of humanity's sake!!!

And for the record, Sunset Blvd was the location closest to where I worked. Although during my Bar Exam in Ontario, I always seemed to get stuck being dragged to the one off the 10 at the Vinyard exit. There were also 2 in Costa Mesa, 1 in Irvine and 1 in Santa Ana that were all within the same distance of my other office there, and which I got dragged to by co-workers. So yeah Sucka, I've been to a fucking In & Out Burger. Now go die in a fire!

Ah yes, the Internet and cars make everyone think they're some sort of badass. Whatever dude. I'm above your immature level. We were talking about hamburgers. Sorry that you think that's worth your best insults. Oh by the way, let's remember that you don't know me either, but if you want to get to know me it probably won't go well for you. Be blessed.

Cecil Rhodes
09-05-2012, 01:53 PM
I like the BENITO'S BURRITOS myself . :dancing: :party: :cheers:

Dino Velvet
09-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I like the BENITO'S BURRITOS myself . :dancing: :party: :cheers:

I'm a Tito's Tacos guy. Practically raised there.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/116/283140327_5f62d59d34.jpg

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/100730-titos-tacos-bcol-4p.grid-6x2.jpg

Willie Escalade
09-05-2012, 04:26 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/116/283140327_5f62d59d34.jpg

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/100730-titos-tacos-bcol-4p.grid-6x2.jpg
Corny assed commercials...but them some DAMN good tacos!

I love Tito's tacos - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDUxp5dE9us)

Dino Velvet
09-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Corny assed commercials...but them some DAMN good tacos!

I love Tito's tacos - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDUxp5dE9us)

I know you been there hundreds of times too. Great place to go after Laker or Dodger games.

I got that jingle in my head.
The only thing better than a Tito's Taco... is 2!
Sing along, Willie Escalade.

DL_NL
09-05-2012, 08:39 PM
We have McD's, BK and KFC here in Holland. I'm no fan of fast food myself though, I have no problems doing without it for a year and I've had my annual McD's visit already.

Real fun guy
09-05-2012, 08:44 PM

I agree with this 100%. I lived in CA for a while and I never understood the fascination with in n out. Its just plain horrible. I was dragged there way too many times. If you want a good burger go to NYC and try Shake Shack. Thats a burger.

Dino Velvet
09-05-2012, 08:47 PM
My ex in Georgia always raves about Steak & Shake. Never been there but I'd like to try. Anybody know the craziest burger they make?

luv4Tgirls
09-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Uhmm, just for y'all's information there isn't Shit that needs to be fixed at In-n-Out!!!!

JenniferParisHusband
09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Ah yes, the Internet and cars make everyone think they're some sort of badass. Whatever dude. I'm above your immature level. We were talking about hamburgers. Sorry that you think that's worth your best insults. Oh by the way, let's remember that you don't know me either, but if you want to get to know me it probably won't go well for you. Be blessed.

Hey, you wanted to be the origianl internet tough guy and started this with not 1, but 2 posts aimed at me before I went off on you. And no, I don't think it's burgers, I think it was about you fucking insulting me by calling me a liar. Rather than apologize for being a raging dickhead who brought this on himself, you now want to play the victim? Get bent! I hope you catch HIV and are the last person who dies before a cure is found. You're shit for a person.

So fuck you for your stupid little attempt to make yourself look better by claiming innocence and trying to steer this away from the fact that you really just got scared by the fact that someone called you on your bullshit! If you are too stupid to figure all that out, you really are a waste of your daddy's cum.

JenniferParisHusband
09-05-2012, 10:10 PM

The one place that I always felt was worth risking my life, just a little, was El Taurino on Hoover, south of James Woods Blvd. Best Tacos I've ever had! LA does have good Mexican too. I should give credit for that.

Dino Velvet
09-05-2012, 11:57 PM
The one place that I always felt was worth risking my life, just a little, was El Taurino on Hoover, south of James Woods Blvd. Best Tacos I've ever had! LA does have good Mexican too. I should give credit for that.

Our Mexican Food out here is no more authentic than anywhere else(hello Texas) but it sure tastes good. La Salsa is a good chain out here. One by my house is always fresh with a nice salsa bar.

theone1982
09-06-2012, 05:05 AM
Only ate at In n out once, and I thought it wasn't bad. The place where fries really suck is Sonic. Christ, I'd rather eat cardboard.

Willie Escalade
09-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Only ate at In n out once, and I thought it wasn't bad. The place where fries really suck is Sonic. Christ, I'd rather eat cardboard.
This right here! The burgers were aiight...but I decided to get fries from Rally's...

natina
09-06-2012, 05:56 AM
EL CHOLO'S on western/3rd street in LA CA is one of my favorite places

Dino Velvet
09-06-2012, 06:29 AM
EL CHOLO'S on western/3rd street in LA CA is one of my favorite places

Great place. I agree. I like El Coyote's too.

Faith_CD
09-06-2012, 07:43 AM
get the cheese fries at in-n-out. they're awesome

rasta
09-07-2012, 07:12 AM
Ital is vital.

Dino Velvet
09-07-2012, 04:41 PM
get the cheese fries at in-n-out. they're awesome

Tried that. It's just cheese on boring fries. End up peeling off the cheese, eating it, and tossing the fries.

onmyknees
09-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Hey Dino...wtf is up with LA and surronding towns cutting down 400 trees so the space shuttle can drive down Main St. ? Think of the squirels man !

Dino Velvet
09-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Hey Dino...wtf is up with LA and surronding towns cutting down 400 trees so the space shuttle can drive down Main St. ? Think of the squirels man !

Uhhhhhhh... what???:smoking

bluerose
09-08-2012, 11:09 PM
If you want cooked fries, just ask for them to be well done. Seriously. ^_^ It'll take a few more minutes, but they'll come out crisp and thoroughly cooked.

onmyknees
09-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Uhhhhhhh... what???:smoking

Yea...I saw that on the news. They're cutting all these tress down (400 of them) so they can tow the the space shuttle down the streets to the Science Center.

Dino Velvet
09-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Yea...I saw that on the news. They're cutting all these tress down (400 of them) so they can tow the the space shuttle down the streets to the Science Center.

Too many of them damn things anyway. I got charged ten cents for a paper bag in Santa Monica. Told her give me $10 worth of bags and a lighter.

danthepoetman
09-09-2012, 11:02 AM
There is something almost sacral about French fries. They might be a part of some people’s daily menu but usually, they are that special we get ourselves with our fast food speedy meal, to be redundant, in which case they’re a must. Whether we eat burgers, smoke meat, Greek or Mexican food, pizza or calzone, club sandwiches or other sandwiches, we find ourselves in physical and spiritual need of our decent portion of French fries. Every single restaurant to the last crummy, wooden snack bar on the side of the road should get its act together and deliver. Fries must be golden and crisp, and of course not too greasy with a very fine crust on the surface and smooth, well cooked potato flesh under. It is undoubtedly one of the greatest contribution to culture France has offered us, with Lady Liberty, of course.

Dino Velvet
09-09-2012, 06:15 PM
There is something almost sacral about French fries. They might be a part of some people’s daily menu but usually, they are that special we get ourselves with our fast food speedy meal, to be redundant, in which case they’re a must. Whether we eat burgers, smoke meat, Greek or Mexican food, pizza or calzone, club sandwiches or other sandwiches, we find ourselves in physical and spiritual need of our decent portion of French fries. Every single restaurant to the last crummy, wooden snack bar on the side of the road should get its act together and deliver. Fries must be golden and crisp, and of course not too greasy with a very fine crust on the surface and smooth, well cooked potato flesh under. It is undoubtedly one of the greatest contribution to culture France has offered us, with Lady Liberty, of course.

Agreed. It's weird ordering just a burger without fries. My strategy is to get burgers from In 'n' Out Burger and fries from either McDonald's or Jack In The Box(Curly Fries).